Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    anybody watching David's new movie on syfy? by the way how does one do the whole line through word thingy?
    [ strike ] at the beginning without the spaces and [ /strike ] at the end without the spaces.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I'll send you a PM.

Yes, please bring Joe back, Fringe!!

Not me. Sorry David.

[ strike ] without the spaces, of course.

Hee!! I have thanked SGAFan already and now I'm thanking you for brightening my mood.
    We DVR'd Morlocks and will watch it tonight. With David and RP, it should be fun.

On the cold feet discussion, Mr. SR is also the hot one. Men make excellent heaters, but it can become a problem in the summer. This whole hot/cold thing should give us a bunch of plot bunnies.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Glad to hear your feeling better.
      Thanks!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Don't laugh at me, but there was a link to some fic that I investigated. I have to admit, it was actually pretty well written. I didn't think it through though - it didn't occur to me that it would be a McShep based fic. There were a few sections of it that went down like a cup of cold sick, but the style of writing was quite interesting. They'd written it as if it were a documentary and it was really effective. Obviously I think their characterisations were off a bit (on all of them) but it was really well written and must've taken a lot of work.
      A cup of cold sick?

And to me, the manner in which he defended her to Woolsey said that while he had reservations about what they were doing, he still supported it, at least in the short term.
      He supported Elizabeth. Period.

It really grinds my gears that they basically kept saying to all the shippers that we shouldn't take any notice of the smaller stuff - the looks, the chemistry, quasi-romantic subtext - for any pairing, yet when they decided to go with McKeller they pulled an "I wuv you" out of almost zero build up (in our reality). They did an okay job with the ship later on though, to be fair. So which is it - do we take the show at face value, or don't we?
      Heck, Teyla got pregnant with a man we'd never even seen on screen.

*pats JT, and hopes what I said above re McKeller wasn't considered bashing*
      Let me explain a bit. This is a shipping thread. It's going to be biased by its very nature. What I have an issue with is when people don't advertise their bias, and make themselves out to sound like they're going to talk about gen stuff when in reality they are hopelessly biased.

ETA: Wow, and apparently that bashing gives me run-on sentence disease. Not gonna fix it. Too lazy.

Comment

What I have an issue with is when people don't advertise their bias, and make themselves out to sound like they're going to talk about gen stuff when in reality they are hopelessly biased.
        They try to pretend to look better towards the general public. Luckily the general public wasn't born yesterday.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Some music on an F-lister's page got me to browsing, and eventually led me to this Josh Groban song. I believe there are some Groban fans on the thread. This song is good for John in S5 (well, for anyone who's lost a loved one really)

I love these lines:
          Remember, when your dreams have ended
          Time can be transcended, I live forever
          Remember me

*sigh*

Then there's this Josh Groban song that also fits:

Comment

Thanks!

A cup of cold sick?

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...isbegotten.gif

Let me explain a bit. This is a shipping thread. It's going to be biased by its very nature. What I have an issue with is when people don't advertise their bias, and make themselves out to sound like they're going to talk about gen stuff when in reality they are hopelessly biased.

ETA: Wow, and apparently that bashing gives me run-on sentence disease. Not gonna fix it. Too lazy.
            *whips out red pen* Actually, that is not a run-on sentence, but you made a common error in thinking it was. Take out the comma, and you're good to go. Or you could put a comma before the last clause.

Now more Josh Groban. I love this song and even did a Sparky wallie a while back.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wow, we have 14 guests. Enjoy the videos all you people.
            sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy!Sunday!

Well, USC lost last night. Or rather, they beat themselves. Argh. I wanna spork 'em all right now.

At least John, Lorne, and the rest of the Air Force personnel on Atlantis have something to celebrate, 'cause Air Force beat Tennessee State, 63-24.

That must've been why they got rid of Elizabeth, she was going to come back for one last ep at the end when everything was resolved in the shortest amount of time possible. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it

TPTB were very lucky that all of the actors they employed (SGA and SG-1) did such a wonderful job with their characters.

It really grinds my gears that they basically kept saying to all the shippers that we shouldn't take any notice of the smaller stuff - the looks, the chemistry, quasi-romantic subtext - for any pairing, yet when they decided to go with McKeller they pulled an "I wuv you" out of almost zero build up (in our reality). They did an okay job with the ship later on though, to be fair. So which is it - do we take the show at face value, or don't we?
              It's annoying, isn't it?

*snerks*

This. So very this. I can't abide hypocrites.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              They try to pretend to look better towards the general public. Luckily the general public wasn't born yesterday.
              Of course, there's also some in the general public who just don't care anyway. Oh well.

ETA: That should be "spork." Damn autocorrect.
              Last edited by Scary Kitty; 25 September 2011, 12:26 PM.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                *whips out red pen* Actually, that is not a run-on sentence, but you made a common error in thinking it was. Take out the comma, and you're good to go. Or you could put a comma before the last clause.

Now more Josh Groban. I love this song and even did a Sparky wallie a while back.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wow, we have 14 guests. Enjoy the videos all you people.
                Thanks, teach! Yes, that makes sense.

I adore that Josh Groban song too!! It's the perfect S7 Sparky song.

Comment

there used to be a sparky vid that used the song remember me the story was support to dealt with the events up to this mortal coil. and how john dealt with it. it was a good vid. had clips from seasons 1 through up to this mortal coil.

Comment

Thanks!

A cup of cold sick?
                    I should stop using kiwi colloquilisms on this forum

That one I give them a partial pass on. Depending on which source you believe, they either found that out part way through the season, or right at the start (the latter seems unlikely). That said, with a slight tweak to Lifeline, Ronon could've been the father without too much handwaving.

I see. There is no gen on GW. There isn't anywhere really, but it's more obvious here.

I didn't even know what that was until you said it. My edumacation has dramastically increased today
                    sigpic

Comment

I spotted a Sparky moment in Fringe. What? You know I can do it.

First, from The Intruder, the famous look when Elizabeth gets chewed out by Caldwell and walks by John.

Spoiler:

And in Fringe the look Robert gives his wife. I guess this must be how JF thinks he should look at someone he's acting like he loves. That's all I can figure out.

Spoiler:

Thanks to toomuchfandom for posting this on LJ and not hating me for stealing it.
                      sigpic

Comment

First, from The Intruder, the famous look when Elizabeth gets chewed out by Caldwell and walks by John.

Spoiler:

And in Fringe the look Robert gives his wife. I guess this must be how JF thinks he should look at someone he's acting like he loves. That's all I can figure out.

Spoiler:

Thanks to toomuchfandom for posting this on LJ and not hating me for stealing it.
                        Have I told you recently how much I love your brain? Cause I do.

Comment

That one I give them a partial pass on. Depending on which source you believe, they either found that out part way through the season, or right at the start (the latter seems unlikely). That said, with a slight tweak to Lifeline, Ronon could've been the father without too much handwaving.
                          I wouldn't have had a problem with that at all. The Spanky shippers would've been over the moon with joy, that's for sure!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...d/014117-1.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...IONmkv0826.jpg

Works for me! But then, 'In Joe We Trust' isn't just a catch phrase on the Sparky thread. It's a way of life. That man is GOOD!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Works for me! But then, 'In Joe We Trust' isn't just a catch phrase on the Sparky thread. It's a way of life. That man is GOOD!
                            didn't know the sparky thread had a catch phrase. guess there is a first for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              didn't know the sparky thread had a catch phrase. guess there is a first for everything.
                              I think I saw a banner once that read: Weir, Sheppard, 2012

*snort* I think if they ran for President it would cause a few interesting debates
                              sigpic

Comment

I think I saw a banner once that read: Weir, Sheppard, 2012

*snort* I think if they ran for President it would cause a few interesting debates
                                President Weir?
                                Vice President Sheppard?

sounds like an idea for a fan fic.

Comment

Working...
                                X