No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*JT retreats back to Sparky island, where people don't diss characters just because they got in the way of their ship of choice. Have I mentioned lately that Rodney had moments of awesome? Funny how I can say that, isn't it?* /veiled comment done.

Hello everyone. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling quite a bit better today.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday!

Ah, so many good posts to respond to, but I still have to figure out how to highlight text with a Magic Trackpad.

Managed to miss the first 20 minutes or so of Fringe last night; I'm assuming Joe was in that part, 'cause I didn't see him in the rest of the episode. Walter is an absolute nutter, that's for sure.
    Yeah he was in the beginning. He was in boxer shorts, dammit. We saw legs and feet. Naked Joe feet. No, I don't have some weird foot fetish. He just has pretty feet.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      *JT retreats back to Sparky island, where people don't diss characters just because they got in the way of their ship of choice. Have I mentioned lately that Rodney had moments of awesome? Funny how I can say that, isn't it?* /veiled comment done.

Hello everyone. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling quite a bit better today.

Yeah he was in the beginning. He was in boxer shorts, dammit. We saw legs and feet. Naked Joe feet. No, I don't have some weird foot fetish. He just has pretty feet.
      So I finally saw it, but I blinked and missed Joe. I did see the pretty feet though. And legs. And the standing on one foot putting on the sock was just squeeful. But it was a waste of a very good actor. Bring him back, Fringe!

You must unveil your veiled reference in the first paragraph. My inquiring mind wants to know.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

anybody watching David's new movie on syfy? by the way how does one do the whole line through word thingy?
        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 24 September 2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Just because

Joe's barefeet (Pic thanks to SGAFan and her wonderful capping skills and need to share)

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm ponders if Shep had ticklish Feet and Elizabeth took advantage of that OR if they had toe wars? Hubby used to try to grab my toes with his toes. He has short, stubby toes and I have long, monkey toes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              So I finally saw it, but I blinked and missed Joe. I did see the pretty feet though. And legs. And the standing on one foot putting on the sock was just squeeful. But it was a waste of a very good actor. Bring him back, Fringe!

You must unveil your veiled reference in the first paragraph. My inquiring mind wants to know.
              I'll send you a PM.

Yes, please bring Joe back, Fringe!!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              anybody watching David's new movie on syfy? by the way how does one do the whole line through word thingy?
              Not me. Sorry David.

[ strike ] without the spaces, of course.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              Just because

Joe's barefeet (Pic thanks to SGAFan and her wonderful capping skills and need to share)

Spoiler:

Hee!! I have thanked SGAFan already and now I'm thanking you for brightening my mood.

Comment

Sorry your mood needed to be brightened JT, but glad I could help!
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm ponders if Shep had ticklish Feet and Elizabeth took advantage of that OR if they had toe wars? Hubby used to try to grab my toes with his toes. He has short, stubby toes and I have long, monkey toes.
                  LOL!! Toe wars!

I think it's funny how in all fic I've read Elizabeth always has cold hands and cold feet while John has warm. Maybe John's the cold one.

Get your feet over on your own side of the bed this instant.
                  But I'm cold!
                  Wear socks.
                  There are other ways you could warm me up.

[insert smut of your choice]

Comment

Mmmmmm smut!!!

I know in my house I have cold feet and hands. Hubby is the oven.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hooray, I have tamed my iMac's Magic Trackpad and can now highlight text to copy and paste! The world is not safe from me! AHAHAHAHAH!

What can I say? I'm easily amused.

Gotta wonder about that.

In any event, glad you're feeling better!

Just because

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../Robert4HD.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../Robert9HD.jpg
                      RAWR. The man is HAWT! Betcha Joe loved working with the kids, too.

There's gotta be a fic idea in there somewhere!

LOL!! Toe wars!

I think it's funny how in all fic I've read Elizabeth always has cold hands and cold feet while John has warm. Maybe John's the cold one.

Get your feet over on your own side of the bed this instant.
                      But I'm cold!
                      Wear socks.
                      There are other ways you could warm me up.

[insert smut of your choice]
                      Whoo hoo! Keep those naughty thoughts coming!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Mmmmmm smut!!!

I know in my house I have cold feet and hands. Hubby is the oven.
                        I'm always warm. Wish I wasn't. So I gotta find a guy who's cold all the time.

Hooray, I have tamed my iMac's Magic Trackpad and can now highlight text to copy and paste! The world is not safe from me! AHAHAHAHAH!
                        Uh oh, look out world!!

RAWR. The man is HAWT! Betcha Joe loved working with the kids, too.
                        It seemed wrong somehow that the kids didn't have his crazy black hair.

Comment

Uh oh, look out world!!
                          Heeheehee!

It seemed wrong somehow that the kids didn't have his crazy black hair.
                          I was thinking the same thing. So very wrong.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. So very wrong.
                            Perhaps I've just been brainwashed by the fact that every Sparky kidlet has black, curly hair?

Comment

I've read in several different post-EatG fics where people mention how everyone has found their own slice of happiness except for John.... that the pattern breaks with him. Poor John. Let me hug him.

Hey, even the McShep people saw it. I must have gotten this link from people here, as gateraid is one of the commenters. See the second picture.
                              http://monanotlisa.livejournal.com/1094333.html

ps - less than an hour til Fringe!
                              Don't laugh at me, but there was a link to some fic that I investigated. I have to admit, it was actually pretty well written. I didn't think it through though - it didn't occur to me that it would be a McShep based fic. There were a few sections of it that went down like a cup of cold sick, but the style of writing was quite interesting. They'd written it as if it were a documentary and it was really effective. Obviously I think their characterisations were off a bit (on all of them) but it was really well written and must've taken a lot of work.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              *joins in the iMac squee*

Teyla and Kanaan were so sweet because they went through so much to be together. And maybe because TPTB didn't have time to mess it up. LOL
                              That must've been why they got rid of Elizabeth, she was going to come back for one last ep at the end when everything was resolved in the shortest amount of time possible. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it

It was obviously deliberate and flirty flirty. Plus added to the way he defended her in the Woolsey scene just pointed out how in sync they were.
                              And to me, the manner in which he defended her to Woolsey said that while he had reservations about what they were doing, he still supported it, at least in the short term.

*snort*

It's funny to read the posts on the episode threads from S5 and see how many agree that John was just not himself and it had something to do with Elizabeth. Well, duh.
                              We're visionaries, we really are

I think there was a lot more going on in John's head than we were shown. Joe's wonderful expressions told us that and showed us the depth of John's emotions.
                              TPTB were very lucky that all of the actors they employed (SGA and SG-1) did such a wonderful job with their characters.

I think maybe they did realize that and not give them as many scenes together as before. If they were attempting to show us that they had hidden feelings, it certainly fell flat.
                              It really grinds my gears that they basically kept saying to all the shippers that we shouldn't take any notice of the smaller stuff - the looks, the chemistry, quasi-romantic subtext - for any pairing, yet when they decided to go with McKeller they pulled an "I wuv you" out of almost zero build up (in our reality). They did an okay job with the ship later on though, to be fair. So which is it - do we take the show at face value, or don't we?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Kanaan trying to explain what happened to him.... can you imagine the grinning from the others?
                              Uh, I had a sparring accident. Repeatedly

Yeah he was in the beginning. He was in boxer shorts, dammit. We saw legs and feet. Naked Joe feet. No, I don't
                              have some weird foot fetish. He just has pretty feet.
                              *pats JT, and hopes what I said above re McKeller wasn't considered bashing*
                              sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear your feeling better.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X