Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hmm, that sounds interesting... and perhaps stress-relieving. I can see there being quite a bit of overlap between #1 and #3. I assume you'll be doing these polls once a week?
    Depends on how the feedback is - if it's low, I'll probably have the results up by next week thursday ... no wait, probably won't be home on thursday evening... friday the 30th of september seems like a good deadline.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Yeah, Aren't Number 1 and Number 3 kind of similar? Was there a specific criteria you had in mind for either one?
    Most stupid decision could be the removal of Torri Higginson from the cast.
    Worst thing they did could be the death of Carson - exploding tumor?!? (the decision would then be to first remove Paul to bring him back later because oops we weren't supposed to kill him that badly)

Or you could just take 1 and 3 as one and do it like example 2.

I'm just making it up as I go...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Depends on how the feedback is - if it's low, I'll probably have the results up by next week thursday ... no wait, probably won't be home on thursday evening... friday the 30th of september seems like a good deadline.

Most stupid decision could be the removal of Torri Higginson from the cast.
      Worst thing they did could be the death of Carson - exploding tumor?!? (the decision would then be to first remove Paul to bring him back later because oops we weren't supposed to kill him that badly)

Or you could just take 1 and 3 as one and do it like example 2.

I'm just making it up as I go...
      I love these ideas!! It'll be cathartic, really.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Hey there, SK! It is quiet in here.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. Here's a scene that details Joe's suggestion....

I'm watching the pilot of Fringe. I like it!! I won't know what's going on with Joe's episode but at least I know who the main characters are.
        *runs in circles doing a happy dance* And that's not easy.

I'm so glad you like Fringe. We started watching it about a month ago and have gotten to episode 215. I don't know why we waited so long. SR Jr. has been telling us how good it is. I think it was a scheduling problem. Anyway, if you haven't at least seen the pilot, it's a good idea to watch it to get the gist of who everyone is. I heard about the reboot and reluctantly read the spoilers. I think you'll still be a bit confused if you don't know anything. I am just so in love with Walter, I can't begin to describe my squee. And there's a cow. OMG! So good. And the best ship ever that won't drive you crazy. *breathes* And now JF. I may not survive it. I hope they don't set him on fire or turn him inside out or some such. I've seen the pics of him and think I know what kind of character he will play. OMG.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Looks like the technical difficulties are over

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *snerks at the Bra'tac bit*
          He looks at her like she's something he just scraped off his shoe

Torri had pretty good chemistry with MS, as well. I imagine that's part of why they had Weir working with Daniel (and Vala) so much in The Pegasus Project.
          True, although I suspect that was also (as it was in TLC) because the ep was structured that way. I just remember that ep for one of the worst lines in SG history (sorry Jackson fans)

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Ah, chemistry. So it looks like they recognized which actors had chemistry and frequently put them together. David and Joe, for example, in addition to Joe and Torri. Oh, and don't forget Joe and Jason, Torri and David, Jason and Rachel and pretty much anybody with Paul. Lots of scenes with these pairs interacting in various ways. So then I have to go back and wonder why they didn't see the romantic potential of Sparky.

Or is it possible that had Torri not left, they would have decided to go in that direction at some point? Surely they couldn't remain clueless forever. Oh wait...
          *snort* Part of me still thinks that a small part of the reason she was removed was to pave the way for Sheyla. Whoops.

Well, didn't they deny Sam/Jack even existed until season 4 or something?

Although I don't think that's the case here. The same thing happened on a short-lived show called The Middleman. The two leads had awesome chemistry but the creator of the show was always denying it, saying things like "yuck! They're like brother/sister; not romantic." He would say that in almost every podcast he did. Nothing would have saved that show (it was quirky sci-fi on ABC Family, for crying out loud), but it baffled me at the time that the creator could be so blind and stubborn. Now I know it's not only him.

Spoiler:
          Heck, these PTW thought McKeller was the height of romance, even if they looked insanely uncomfortable in any romantic scenes and Rodney looked like a dirty old man.
          It depends on what you mean by deny. It was a bit like SGA - they said there was no ship initially. Then they did the S/J stuff. AT said in one of the extra features (s4?s5?) that they had a four ep arc, admitted they had feelings for each other, but it couldn't go anywhere so that was the end of it.

There's a scene in Grace where headinjury!Jack! tells her that she only wants him coz she can't have him, that she needs to move on because she'll never be happy, but they still put in obvious S/J moments in s7. By that stage it seemed that they acknowledged the ship was there, but didn't want to do anything with it.

Re your Middleman example, I've not watched the show. Presumably it must've been more than just him against the ship. Maybe he was planning to desexualise their chemistry as the show went on *shrugs*

Well see, there 'ya go. I always wished they would sit down with a group of general fans and just listen to how they reacted. There's no way they could have done any sort of focus testing and have continued down the paths they did. I don't think I've ever seen two actors look as uncomfortable in love scenes as DH and JS, yet look so comfortable together in the friends only scenes. Apologies to anyone who liked that ship.

And yeah, didn't AT say one time that Sam would never be Jack's girl or some such? So, you can't go by what any of them say.
          Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I think they knew there was chemistry between Shep & Weir. Their plan was always Sheyla, and that's how it would've turned out, eventually. But the S/J fans hung around for years, even after RDA had left the show. They even picketed outside Bridge Studios for confirmation of the ship in the movies. So it seems to me that they wanted to give a little teasing to both sets of fans (sparky and sheyla) in the hope that they'd do just enough to satisfy everyone, before crushing one set of fans in the final year.

Let's not forget what Joe said once he was no longer under contract:

Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?

JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.

*giggles* *iz evil*
          Well, Woolsey was practically a woman, perhaps he was alluding to him

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I still owe you the last poll results... but Leverage is eating all my spare time - I LOVE PARKER SO MUCH I WANT TO STEAL HER AND KEEP HER ALL TO MYSELF!!!

Anyway... I was thinking about another poll that I'd love to do, two three in fact:

Most Stupid Decision TPTB of Stargate Atlantis Made
          Best Thing TPTB of Stargate Atlantis Did
          Worst Thing TPTB of Stargate Atlantis Did

The second may sound weird but while I hate them for the most part, some of them did some wonderful things so I'm sure we can come up with a top 5 (no rules apply).

Anyone who wants to play - even lurkers - PM me. I will be the only one to know you picked those particular 5 things. Confidentiality guaranteed - though I do have to the power to keep something off the list if I feel it might bait, bash, or otherwise be rude and hateful.

Now back to Leverage and PARKER!!!
          This sounds interesting *evil grin*

*runs in circles doing a happy dance* And that's not easy.

I'm so glad you like Fringe. We started watching it about a month ago and have gotten to episode 215. I don't know why we waited so long. SR Jr. has been telling us how good it is. I think it was a scheduling problem. Anyway, if you haven't at least seen the pilot, it's a good idea to watch it to get the gist of who everyone is. I heard about the reboot and reluctantly read the spoilers. I think you'll still be a bit confused if you don't know anything. I am just so in love with Walter, I can't begin to describe my squee. And there's a cow. OMG! So good. And the best ship ever that won't drive you crazy. *breathes* And now JF. I may not survive it. I hope they don't set him on fire or turn him inside out or some such. I've seen the pics of him and think I know what kind of character he will play. OMG.
          I hope the two bolded bits aren't connected No, I don't watch the show, although I've seen fragments of the first season
          sigpic

Comment

Let's not forget what Joe said once he was no longer under contract:

Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?

JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.

*giggles* *iz evil*
            Sorry to double quote, but that always reminds me of this cap (a rerun, sorry):

15.jpg

So, you're Sheppard's boss lady?

I suppose you could describe it that way

Is there any romantic tension between the two of you?

It depends on who you ask
            sigpic

Comment

I think that would seem particularly appropriate if she stopped and looked straight into the camera while saying that last line.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                I think that would seem particularly appropriate if she stopped and looked straight into the camera while saying that last line.
                sigpic

Comment

This is another of my snapshot thingees. It's all over the place. There's back and forth, I messed up the tenses and the persons mixed up, and the last bit is too messed up (too much second guessing) for John.

Spoiler:

Elizabeth! Rodney’s frantic voice on the comm was unsettling enough, but the sight of her on a stretcher put his heart in his throat. What the hell had happened here? Keller wheeled her away on the double, the fear in her voice was not a good sign.

Put it in the box, John, he told himself. This isn’t the time to worry about it, we’re all in real trouble here. He was in charge now, and boy were they ever in trouble. Lost, massive power failure, no hope of rescue. If ever there was a time he needed another cool head, it was now. Christ, what if she didn’t make it? Stop it John, just stop it. Pull yourself together.

Three years ago, he hadn’t thought much of Rodney under pressure, but he was all over everything now. He and Zelenka were trying to find out what the problem was, he almost felt like he was in the way. Mind you, Rodney had a tendency to not think things through properly before acting. Hmmm, better keep an eye on him.

Keller’s words were like a knife through his chest. She won’t be the same Elizabeth again. At this point, he’d settle for any Elizabeth at all. But a craniectomy sounded pretty risky. And ****, a few days ago, Keller had been whining to Elizabeth about how she wasn’t cut out for the job, then next minute she’s slicing and dicing Elizabeth’s skull as if it were nothing out of the ordinary. Not exactly reassuring.

A part of him was relieved that Rodney had done what he did. He couldn’t fault the guy, not really. Earlier on, he’d resented Rodney for taking her side instead of his. As it turned out, he resented Rodney for giving her a final impression of himself that illustrated how much he’d grown over the years, with her help. The final impression she'd have of John was disappointment that he couldn't see the logic in her arguement.

Rodney just hadn’t thought this through, instead he went with his failsafe – a techno solution. Letting her die, awful as it was, was the best solution for all involved. Rodney probably didn’t realise the extent of Elizabeth’s feelings towards the Replicators. She didn’t talk about it much.

Elizabeth could be surprisingly hardnosed about some things. She had more compassion than most people, but once the line had been crossed with her, there was no going back. Kolya had crossed it, and paid the price. Ronon had been surprised when she’d given him tacit approval him. John hadn’t been, not after the Wraith Queen had fed on a newly converted human in front of them and she’d been the one to pull him back from intervening. He had no doubt it would’ve weighed heavily on her conscience, but she was fully capable of looking at the bigger picture – how many lives would be saved. So when she said that if it came to it, she’d rather die than be compromised by the replicators again, he knew she meant it. Whatever they did to her, it must’ve been pretty bad.

This was just vintage ****ing McKay. He needed supervision, he need someone to check things with first. Normally, that would’ve been Elizabeth. If only he’d been doing her job, instead of his, this wouldn’t have happened. He’d really ****ed things up. Somebody else should have gone out with Zelenka and he should’ve stayed inside and on top of things. But here they were, and she was awake now. If that was even her – those replicators could do anything. She certainly looked like his....their Elizabeth. But, those injuries, hell, even her hair, everything was back as it was beforehand. How was that possible? Last time, she’d been conscious enough to fight the ‘infection’, this time she was barely alive before being re-infected. Best not to be too optimistic.

It sounded good in theory. Use Elizabeth’s nanites to hack into the replicator network, steal a ZPM, get back to Atlantis, land the city and stay hidden. Great idea, except for the using Elizabeth part. He wasn’t even sure she was ‘her’, now she was the key to their survival. This was a bad idea.

This is a bad idea. Good to see they were on the same page, but that didn’t stop her from volunteering. He’d heard that tone of voice before. Usually it was from people who volunteered for suicide missions. This is a really bad idea. If there were any other option, he’d order her to stay behind. He placed a hand gently on her leg as he reassured her that they’d taken steps to ensure that ‘if’ things went sideways, there were ways of handling it. She placed her hand on his before essentially telling him to treat her as if she was dead already. He hadn’t viewed it that way at the time, but looking back, that was what she meant. Then again, if he thought she wasn’t going to return from that mission, he’d have done a lot of things differently.

He preferred not to think too much about the rest. “What ifs” were never a good thing to dwell on, at least that’s what he’d been told. The irony of the situation was that she’d been the one to point out that their attack was “an ineffective first strike”, yet she’d been the one to pay the price. As the next year played out, it turned out the whole thing was a disaster. The attack code that they’d shed blood to activate ending up costing more lives than if they’d simply cut and run after they swiped the ZPM. Ellis might’ve had confidence in John, but it was misplaced. He was in favour of the failed attack, he was in charge when Elizabeth was re-infected, and he made the call to tamper with the replicator’s basecode even after it’d almost cost them the city the first time. Those were facts that were hard to ignore and, if the fact that some of those images kept appearing in his dreams were anything to go by, were probably why they’d gone with somebody else as her replacement. Those thoughts probably weren’t rational to have, and in truth, that wasn’t how he felt most of the time. The subconscious could be a real sonofa***** at times.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Looks like the technical difficulties are over

He looks at her like she's something he just scraped off his shoe

True, although I suspect that was also (as it was in TLC) because the ep was structured that way. I just remember that ep for one of the worst lines in SG history (sorry Jackson fans)

*snort* Part of me still thinks that a small part of the reason she was removed was to pave the way for Sheyla. Whoops.

It depends on what you mean by deny. It was a bit like SGA - they said there was no ship initially. Then they did the S/J stuff. AT said in one of the extra features (s4?s5?) that they had a four ep arc, admitted they had feelings for each other, but it couldn't go anywhere so that was the end of it.

There's a scene in Grace where headinjury!Jack! tells her that she only wants him coz she can't have him, that she needs to move on because she'll never be happy, but they still put in obvious S/J moments in s7. By that stage it seemed that they acknowledged the ship was there, but didn't want to do anything with it.

Re your Middleman example, I've not watched the show. Presumably it must've been more than just him against the ship. Maybe he was planning to desexualise their chemistry as the show went on *shrugs*

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I think they knew there was chemistry between Shep & Weir. Their plan was always Sheyla, and that's how it would've turned out, eventually. But the S/J fans hung around for years, even after RDA had left the show. They even picketed outside Bridge Studios for confirmation of the ship in the movies. So it seems to me that they wanted to give a little teasing to both sets of fans (sparky and sheyla) in the hope that they'd do just enough to satisfy everyone, before crushing one set of fans in the final year.

This sounds interesting *evil grin*

I hope the two bolded bits aren't connected No, I don't watch the show, although I've seen fragments of the first season
                    They knew about the chemistry between Shep and Weir, no doubt about that. The commentary from Coup d'Etat proves that. But the question is were they using it as a red herring? I thought at first that any other ship idea with the two of them was the red herring, but now I'm not so sure. We can't deny the reality of what they said they intended to do, and contrary to what some other ships may think, we're not delusional. I recognize what's on my screen, and at times it did look like they meant to ship John with Teyla. Fine, if that's what you want. Enjoy your ship. But at times it also looked like Sparky was a sure thing. So, who knows. However, it didn't work out for either of them so nobody had to watch the other ship happen.

Personally, with all we got from John in S4-5, I can enjoy the angst and move on with no rancor. Well, except maybe toward TPTB. And look at us, after all these years, still enjoying what might have been. We saw it. We loved it. It still makes us squee. Sparky FTW!

Oh, and your fic was great. *puts away red pen* You get inside John's head in a really good way. I can just see him going through that thought process.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

No, that's not cynical, it's just realistic. I think SR is right that some of TPTW were probably viewing/using Sparky as a red herring. Fortunately for all of us, real life events prevented them from going in the direction they had intended. What we ended up with, frustrating as it was, has proved to be a better result simply by virtue of being open-ended enough to give every group a little something to be happy about. If that makes sense.

I also liked your latest ficlet, too. You really got into John's headspace and the self-doubt and guilt that we've seen only hinted at in various episodes. Great stuff!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Great job on this fic Gateraid Im writing a little ficlet as we speak shall post when I am done =D
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am home sick again today.
                          whumpshepnotself.gif

Agreed. I think M&M wanting to keep SG-1 alive was the number one reason, but I don't doubt this was a small reason as well. Denied.

That sounds reasonable. Thank goodness things didn't happen that way.

LOL!! Didn't Joe call him his new leading lady?

This is another of my snapshot thingees. It's all over the place. There's back and forth, I messed up the tenses and the persons mixed up, and the last bit is too messed up (too much second guessing) for John.

Spoiler:

Elizabeth! Rodney’s frantic voice on the comm was unsettling enough, but the sight of her on a stretcher put his heart in his throat. What the hell had happened here? Keller wheeled her away on the double, the fear in her voice was not a good sign.

Put it in the box, John, he told himself. This isn’t the time to worry about it, we’re all in real trouble here. He was in charge now, and boy were they ever in trouble. Lost, massive power failure, no hope of rescue. If ever there was a time he needed another cool head, it was now. Christ, what if she didn’t make it? Stop it John, just stop it. Pull yourself together.

Three years ago, he hadn’t thought much of Rodney under pressure, but he was all over everything now. He and Zelenka were trying to find out what the problem was, he almost felt like he was in the way. Mind you, Rodney had a tendency to not think things through properly before acting. Hmmm, better keep an eye on him.

Keller’s words were like a knife through his chest. She won’t be the same Elizabeth again. At this point, he’d settle for any Elizabeth at all. But a craniectomy sounded pretty risky. And ****, a few days ago, Keller had been whining to Elizabeth about how she wasn’t cut out for the job, then next minute she’s slicing and dicing Elizabeth’s skull as if it were nothing out of the ordinary. Not exactly reassuring.

A part of him was relieved that Rodney had done what he did. He couldn’t fault the guy, not really. Earlier on, he’d resented Rodney for taking her side instead of his. As it turned out, he resented Rodney for giving her a final impression of himself that illustrated how much he’d grown over the years, with her help. The final impression she'd have of John was disappointment that he couldn't see the logic in her arguement.

Rodney just hadn’t thought this through, instead he went with his failsafe – a techno solution. Letting her die, awful as it was, was the best solution for all involved. Rodney probably didn’t realise the extent of Elizabeth’s feelings towards the Replicators. She didn’t talk about it much.

Elizabeth could be surprisingly hardnosed about some things. She had more compassion than most people, but once the line had been crossed with her, there was no going back. Kolya had crossed it, and paid the price. Ronon had been surprised when she’d given him tacit approval him. John hadn’t been, not after the Wraith Queen had fed on a newly converted human in front of them and she’d been the one to pull him back from intervening. He had no doubt it would’ve weighed heavily on her conscience, but she was fully capable of looking at the bigger picture – how many lives would be saved. So when she said that if it came to it, she’d rather die than be compromised by the replicators again, he knew she meant it. Whatever they did to her, it must’ve been pretty bad.

This was just vintage ****ing McKay. He needed supervision, he need someone to check things with first. Normally, that would’ve been Elizabeth. If only he’d been doing her job, instead of his, this wouldn’t have happened. He’d really ****ed things up. Somebody else should have gone out with Zelenka and he should’ve stayed inside and on top of things. But here they were, and she was awake now. If that was even her – those replicators could do anything. She certainly looked like his....their Elizabeth. But, those injuries, hell, even her hair, everything was back as it was beforehand. How was that possible? Last time, she’d been conscious enough to fight the ‘infection’, this time she was barely alive before being re-infected. Best not to be too optimistic.

It sounded good in theory. Use Elizabeth’s nanites to hack into the replicator network, steal a ZPM, get back to Atlantis, land the city and stay hidden. Great idea, except for the using Elizabeth part. He wasn’t even sure she was ‘her’, now she was the key to their survival. This was a bad idea.

This is a bad idea. Good to see they were on the same page, but that didn’t stop her from volunteering. He’d heard that tone of voice before. Usually it was from people who volunteered for suicide missions. This is a really bad idea. If there were any other option, he’d order her to stay behind. He placed a hand gently on her leg as he reassured her that they’d taken steps to ensure that ‘if’ things went sideways, there were ways of handling it. She placed her hand on his before essentially telling him to treat her as if she was dead already. He hadn’t viewed it that way at the time, but looking back, that was what she meant. Then again, if he thought she wasn’t going to return from that mission, he’d have done a lot of things differently.

He preferred not to think too much about the rest. “What ifs” were never a good thing to dwell on, at least that’s what he’d been told. The irony of the situation was that she’d been the one to point out that their attack was “an ineffective first strike”, yet she’d been the one to pay the price. As the next year played out, it turned out the whole thing was a disaster. The attack code that they’d shed blood to activate ending up costing more lives than if they’d simply cut and run after they swiped the ZPM. Ellis might’ve had confidence in John, but it was misplaced. He was in favour of the failed attack, he was in charge when Elizabeth was re-infected, and he made the call to tamper with the replicator’s basecode even after it’d almost cost them the city the first time. Those were facts that were hard to ignore and, if the fact that some of those images kept appearing in his dreams were anything to go by, were probably why they’d gone with somebody else as her replacement. Those thoughts probably weren’t rational to have, and in truth, that wasn’t how he felt most of the time. The subconscious could be a real sonofa***** at times.
                          This is another fabulous snapshot! You have really great insight into John's character.

I really liked the line about "his... their Elizabeth". Nice.

They knew about the chemistry between Shep and Weir, no doubt about that. The commentary from Coup d'Etat proves that. But the question is were they using it as a red herring? I thought at first that any other ship idea with the two of them was the red herring, but now I'm not so sure. We can't deny the reality of what they said they intended to do, and contrary to what some other ships may think, we're not delusional. I recognize what's on my screen, and at times it did look like they meant to ship John with Teyla. Fine, if that's what you want. Enjoy your ship. But at times it also looked like Sparky was a sure thing. So, who knows. However, it didn't work out for either of them so nobody had to watch the other ship happen.

Personally, with all we got from John in S4-5, I can enjoy the angst and move on with no rancor. Well, except maybe toward TPTB. And look at us, after all these years, still enjoying what might have been. We saw it. We loved it. It still makes us squee. Sparky FTW!

Oh, and your fic was great. *puts away red pen* You get inside John's head in a really good way. I can just see him going through that thought process.
                          They also knew about the sexual chemistry of Spanky. Gero says that in the Duet commentary. Which makes me go back to the stubborn and egotistical PTB theory once again. Apparently being sick makes me cranky.

Comment

JT, you and me both.
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

I am home sick again today.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]32024[/ATTACH]

Agreed. I think M&M wanting to keep SG-1 alive was the number one reason, but I don't doubt this was a small reason as well. Denied.

That sounds reasonable. Thank goodness things didn't happen that way.

LOL!! Didn't Joe call him his new leading lady?

This is another fabulous snapshot! You have really great insight into John's character.

I really liked the line about "his... their Elizabeth". Nice.

They also knew about the sexual chemistry of Spanky. Gero says that in the Duet commentary. Which makes me go back to the stubborn and egotistical PTB theory once again. Apparently being sick makes me cranky.
                              Awww, sorry you're sick. Wish I could bring up some chicken soup. It's miserable and rainy here, which makes me want to do nothing.

And yeah, in fact Joe called RP his "hot new leading lady". LOL

And the fact that they didn't seem to see the possibility of Spanky is as puzzling as not going with Sparky. I can imagine the scene in the writers' room.

Writer 1: Okay, let's see. We have two pairs with incredible chemistry.
                              Writer 2: Don't forget that the fans love them.
                              Writer 3: Oh, and the ratings will probably go up if we put them together.
                              Writer 1: So, we're all agreed then.
                              Writers 2 and 3: Yep, we deny they exist and go with other ship options.
                              sigpic

Comment

Zapped into an SGA episode by accident earlier today, and realized how much I have missed seeing the intro and hearing the beautiful music. I was disappointed to see I had zapped into the intro of season 5 so I flipped on forwards and back to what I was watching. Then the second commercial block made me switch channels again, and this time I ended up in the middle of Kanaan telling Teyla to be do what she had always been doing, going out in the field and find ways to keep the people of the Pegasus safe with the help of the Atlantis crew... and the scene brought such a warm fuzzy feeling that I forgot to switch back to the nth rerun of Charmed.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X