Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I'm also not doing the SG-1 rewatch. I actually haven't seen most of SG-1.

Well, I've read criticism from some folks who said she was a pushover and went along with whatever John wanted, and then those same folks said she emasculated him. Perhaps they didn't understand how those two ideas are mutually exclusive? Basically they just fit whatever label they could to each individual episode because they wanted to be haters.

Yes, some really great Rodney/Elizabeth friendship scenes in that one. She understands Rodney.

No, no. You are the master and I am your Padawan learner.
    Bingo. Give the lady a prize.

Logic never really applied in a lot of the analysis of SGA. I really don't think it has to on the shipper threads. I know some of my shippy comments defied logic, but I was having fun. I think, however, a sense of humor is extremely helpful. OTOH, contradicting yourself just points out how biased you are. I never understood all the Lizzie hate, especially since so many women saw her as a good role model.

But canon backs up the fact that she was a friend to all and strong when she needed to be. It also points to the John/Elizabeth leadership team as being a well-oiled machine that seldom broke down. And when it did, like in FS, John was emotionally affected.

Spoiler:

Or maybe he just has heartburn.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Logic never really applied in a lot of the analysis of SGA. I really don't think it has to on the shipper threads. I know some of my shippy comments defied logic, but I was having fun. I think, however, a sense of humor is extremely helpful. OTOH, contradicting yourself just points out how biased you are. I never understood all the Lizzie hate, especially since so many women saw her as a good role model.

But canon backs up the fact that she was a friend to all and strong when she needed to be. It also points to the John/Elizabeth leadership team as being a well-oiled machine that seldom broke down. And when it did, like in FS, John was emotionally affected.

Spoiler:

*cough*

Explains it all, from Stargate confessions on Tumblr

Comment

Hahahahaha. Big shocker. I love the "everyone". Yeah, they kinda did.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          just outta curiosity... how many of you are doing the gateworld rewatch?
          It was my intention to continue my own rewatch, which I left hanging somewhere season 3-ish I think, but there are so many other things I'm watching right now that I'll probably pass on the whole rewatch thing in the end. Even though I was writing little Janet drabbles for each episode she appears in.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Speaking of smut, gateraid & JT-2? You two can be our smutty tag team any time.

SG-1 rewatch? I might join in on Torri's episodes (New Order Parts 1-2, The Pegasus Project). Because it's all about Atlantis, baby.

I kept asking people to give me some rum, but no one would listen to me.
            Awww, now that's no fun! *passes over a bottle of rum*

Well, I've read criticism from some folks who said she was a pushover and went along with whatever John wanted, and then those same folks said she emasculated him. Perhaps they didn't understand how those two ideas are mutually exclusive? Basically they just fit whatever label they could to each individual episode because they wanted to be haters.
            To quote SR, bingo!

And of course the contradictory statements about wanting her to be more feminine, then wanting her to be more hard-nosed as a leader. WTF?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x20-0634.jpg
            http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x20-0636.jpg

*snickers*

Hahahahaha. Big shocker. I love the "everyone". Yeah, they kinda did.
            Except the haters, of course. *snorts*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Not me. I rewatched s6 and s7 recently, those were the days. Although there were some really really bad one-off eps in that era though - Space Race *headdesk*, Chimera *headdesk at Pete "I use the FBI to stalk women" Shannihan*. However there was a scene that made me laugh unintentionally - he's very excited, talking to Carter, the actor played it exactly like he did in that dog food commercial

I'm also not doing the SG-1 rewatch. I actually haven't seen most of SG-1.

Indeed

No, no. You are the master and I am your Padawan learner.
              That reference is lost on me

Spoiler:

There did seem to be a distinctly personal aspect to the criticism

*snort* That's probably truer than most people realise

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

SG-1 rewatch? I might join in on Torri's episodes (New Order Parts 1-2, The Pegasus Project). Because it's all about Atlantis, baby.

To quote SR, bingo!

And of course the contradictory statements about wanting her to be more feminine, then wanting her to be more hard-nosed as a leader. WTF?
              Makes no sense, does it?
              sigpic

Comment

I need gateraid's prompts. I can't ever think of the beginning of smutty pic stories. I'm better at continuing his.

Oooh, Torri's episodes! That works!! I'm with you. (She had lovely chemistry with Daniel... just saying). I've never seen Rodney's first episodes.

Thanks. *gulp* Thud.gif

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                That reference is lost on me
                Sorry! Star Wars prequels reference. One Jedi mentors another. The mentor is a master while the learner is called a Padawan.

Comment

Makes no sense, does it?
                  No sense at all. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Oooh, Torri's episodes! That works!! I'm with you. (She had lovely chemistry with Daniel... just saying). I've never seen Rodney's first episodes.
                  Hmm, never saw Rodney's first episodes. I'll have to add those to the list, too.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Maybe when they get to the later seasons or Atlantis. I'm too busy right now with my Highlander: The Series rewatch to try another one.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      Maybe when they get to the later seasons or Atlantis. I'm too busy right now with my Highlander: The Series rewatch to try another one.
                      never saw it. is it any good?

Comment

I need gateraid's prompts. I can't ever think of the beginning of smutty pic stories. I'm better at continuing his.
                        It's the story of my life *snort* I'm can start things okay, but I can never finish them

I always thought JS (the original actress) had good chemistry with him, but The Lost City was structured to highlight that side of it. Also, I love Bratac/Tony's expression when he realises Hammond of Texas hasn't been killed, merely fired - it's practically "who the **** are you, *****?"

Sorry! Star Wars prequels reference. One Jedi mentors another. The mentor is a master while the learner is called a Padawan.
                        I have seen them, I probably should've known that one. I can live with being a master, it's a lot better than being Ja Ja Binx (sp)

No sense at all. Haters gonna hate, I guess.
                        Don't hate the player, hate the game. In this case, fans should've been hating TPTW, not the character *polishes halo and dismisses suggestions of hypocrisy*

Hmm, never saw Rodney's first episodes. I'll have to add those to the list, too.
                        They were actually pretty good. As far as a supporting character goes, I'm surprised he wasn't higher up their list when they developed SGA.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        I can't be bothered Going out and buying/renting all those dvd's seems pointless. Especially s9, I set fire to that box set. Jackson's face twisted into a weird expression when he was burning to death, similar to mine when I watched that season
                        sigpic

Comment

I always thought JS (the original actress) had good chemistry with him, but The Lost City was structured to highlight that side of it. Also, I love Bratac/Tony's expression when he realises Hammond of Texas hasn't been killed, merely fired - it's practically "who the **** are you, *****?"
                          *snerks at the Bra'tac bit*

Torri had pretty good chemistry with MS, as well. I imagine that's part of why they had Weir working with Daniel (and Vala) so much in The Pegasus Project.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. In this case, fans should've been hating TPTW, not the character *polishes halo and dismisses suggestions of hypocrisy*
                          The problem is the players who can't separate the game from reality.

They were actually pretty good. As far as a supporting character goes, I'm surprised he wasn't higher up their list when they developed SGA.
                          Indeed. Just another sign that they weren't really thinking as far ahead as they ought to have been, I guess.

I can't be bothered Going out and buying/renting all those dvd's seems pointless. Especially s9, I set fire to that box set. Jackson's face twisted into a weird expression when he was burning to death, similar to mine when I watched that season

Comment

*snerks at the Bra'tac bit*

Torri had pretty good chemistry with MS, as well. I imagine that's part of why they had Weir working with Daniel (and Vala) so much in The Pegasus Project.

The problem is the players who can't separate the game from reality.

Indeed. Just another sign that they weren't really thinking as far ahead as they ought to have been, I guess.

Ah, chemistry. So it looks like they recognized which actors had chemistry and frequently put them together. David and Joe, for example, in addition to Joe and Torri. Oh, and don't forget Joe and Jason, Torri and David, Jason and Rachel and pretty much anybody with Paul. Lots of scenes with these pairs interacting in various ways. So then I have to go back and wonder why they didn't see the romantic potential of Sparky.

Or is it possible that had Torri not left, they would have decided to go in that direction at some point? Surely they couldn't remain clueless forever. Oh wait...
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Ah, chemistry. So it looks like they recognized which actors had chemistry and frequently put them together. David and Joe, for example, in addition to Joe and Torri. Oh, and don't forget Joe and Jason, Torri and David, Jason and Rachel and pretty much anybody with Paul. Lots of scenes with these pairs interacting in various ways. So then I have to go back and wonder why they didn't see the romantic potential of Sparky.

Or is it possible that had Torri not left, they would have decided to go in that direction at some point? Surely they couldn't remain clueless forever. Oh wait...
                              Oh, now that would've been too easy!

Comment

Well, didn't they deny Sam/Jack even existed until season 4 or something?

Although I don't think that's the case here. The same thing happened on a short-lived show called The Middleman. The two leads had awesome chemistry but the creator of the show was always denying it, saying things like "yuck! They're like brother/sister; not romantic." He would say that in almost every podcast he did. Nothing would have saved that show (it was quirky sci-fi on ABC Family, for crying out loud), but it baffled me at the time that the creator could be so blind and stubborn. Now I know it's not only him.

Spoiler:
                                Heck, these PTW thought McKeller was the height of romance, even if they looked insanely uncomfortable in any romantic scenes and Rodney looked like a dirty old man.

Comment

Working...
                                X