No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another one of my snapshots. I don't like how this one turned out, especially the ending *shrugs* It's from Sunday:

Spoiler:

This is insane. The words echoed in his head. She’d thrown them out there in the heat of the moment, but they were as true now as they were at the time. A human bomb? ****ing Ancients. Ever since they’d arrived, they’d been cleaning up one mess after another. As far as he was concerned, the Ancients weren’t capable of running a pissup in a brewery, let alone be responsible for creating life in a new galaxy.

They’d taken it upon themselves to formally identify Carson’s body. He’d tried to stop her, but she felt responsible. Thankfully, the force of the explosion had blown Carson onto the floor, so he was still ‘him’ in a front-on view. Sort of.

She turned away pretty quickly at the sight of him, but she didn’t cry like he’d expected. Instead she buried her head in his chest, inhaling quickly and deeply. It’s him, Carson Beckett, John said to the doc, before gently putting his arm around her.

Rodney was a mess. Elizabeth was always so good with him that John was almost jealous of their relationship at times. He didn’t want to go back to Earth, but she told that he’d never forgive himself if he didn’t, he’d never forgive himself for not saying goodbye to his best friend. He had to do it, for himself, for Carson, and for her. And John, well, she told him that she had to stay behind to keep an eye on the city, given that so many of the senior staff were leaving for the funeral. He understood, but when he saw her standing next to Carson’s coffin, in front of the gate, he wondered if it was really the best decision for her, or just the best decision for Atlantis.

Some of them took the opportunity to stay on Earth a while longer, but John took the first chance he got to head back to the city via the gate-bridge. Ostensibly it was because he had duties to attend to, but the truth of it was that he wanted to check up on Elizabeth. When he did finally see her, it was his turn to have his breath taken away. She looked gaunt, as if she hadn’t eaten since they’d left. He wouldn’t have been at all surprised if this was the case, not that she’d ever tell him.

He knew she and Carson were close, although he’d never really considered the added dynamic to their relationship. When John’s team was away, Carson would’ve been her only true remaining friend and equal. Not that Elizabeth wasn’t capable of making new friends, but there weren’t too many people she was ‘close’ with. And while it grated him more than he wanted to admit, he heard that Mike had almost bulldozed her into their....date. Scuttlebug was that she’d pushed him away because she didn’t want to get involved with someone under her authority. John almost laughed when he’d heard that – she was more like him than she realised.

They ignored the elephant for a while, but eventually John plucked up the courage to ask how she was really doing. He didn’t really believe her when she said she was coping, but she needed to talk about it, and so did he. They could be each other’s rock this time.
    sigpic

Comment

I haven't done one of these in ages.

Spoiler:
      before219.jpg

Hmm. If I cross my arms like this, it'll make my guns look bigger

Hmm. If I cross my arms like this, it'll make my boobs look bigger

(sneaks a peak) Hmm. Her boobs look bigger when she crosses her arms like that. Uh oh, the little major noticed too. Dammit!

That's all I got for now, I'm sure the voices in my head will whisper some more inspiration at a later date
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        From what I gather, rugby is more complicated than US football, although I'm sure football has its nuances too. Rugby is not as popular worldwide though, and our national team gets a public hanging if they don't do well. I'm a little concerned about this tournament, the All Blacks (that's the name of the team, not a racial slur) don't do well under pressure.
        We have rugby here in some of the schools. My neighbor is on a team, and all I know about it is they have a bumper sticker on their car that reads "Give Blood, Play Rugby." LOL

I see. We have determined exactly five eights of FA about what a Commodore actually does. But I think it's safe to assume that SR can be shipped with John if she's Starfleet and he's Air Force
        I hadn't thought about that. Problem solved.

And I love your little fic, very much in character for them. Plus, glad to see the smutty clever pic spams are back.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Back and off again!

Cause school screwed me over... but this means that you can still turn in your poll for Most Teasing Moments in Stargate Atlantis!

I'll be back later today for the end result of this polling-edition.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Oh, and it's also Talk Like A Pirate Day! ARRRR! Shiver me timbers and a bottle o'rum!

gateraid, you really need to get more of your fic up. It's great!

SW, we'll miss you and hope you can come back soon.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Back and off again!

Cause school screwed me over... but this means that you can still turn in your poll for Most Teasing Moments in Stargate Atlantis!

I'll be back later today for the end result of this polling-edition.
            Good thing too, because I forgot again. *headdesk* My apologies!
            Last edited by Scary Kitty; 19 September 2011, 10:51 AM.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]31953[/ATTACH]

(sneaks a peak) Hmm. Her boobs look bigger when she crosses her arms like that. Uh oh, the little major noticed too. Dammit!

That's all I got for now, I'm sure the voices in my head will whisper some more inspiration at a later date
              Glad you are back to doing these!!!! They always brighten my day!!! I really liked the fic too!
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Another awesome story, gateraid!! You really do have a great insight into John's thoughts.

Spoiler:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]31953[/ATTACH]

continuing the story...
                Spoiler:

I see that you two have got the whole "big guns"/"big boobs" thing going on, but I have the magic hands. Can I join?
                Hmmm...
                That's not funny Elizabeth. Don't encourage him!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Oh, and it's also Talk Like A Pirate Day! ARRRR! Shiver me timbers and a bottle o'rum!
                  I kept asking people to give me some rum, but no one would listen to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    We have rugby here in some of the schools. My neighbor is on a team, and all I know about it is they have a bumper sticker on their car that reads "Give Blood, Play Rugby." LOL
                    It's the major mens sport here (although going strictly by numbers, there are more soccer players up until the tween years), which will mean a national state of mourning if we lose this time. I wish I was joking, but the coach would most likely get death threats. Pffft, TPTW thought they had problems with fanatical fans, they ain't seen nothing

I hadn't thought about that. Problem solved.
                    I'm sure John will be licking his lips in anticipation

And I love your little fic, very much in character for them. Plus, glad to see the smutty clever pic spams are back.
                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

gateraid, you really need to get more of your fic up. It's great!

SW, we'll miss you and hope you can come back soon.

Good thing too, because I forgot again. *headdesk* My apologies!
                    Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Glad you are back to doing these!!!! They always brighten my day!!! I really liked the fic too!
                    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Another awesome story, gateraid!! You really do have a great insight into John's thoughts.
                    Thank you, but I'm still not happy with that one. I liked how it started, but didn't really have a plan for how it was going to end (much like the real Sunday, how ironic) so it just kinda finished. I have a Lifeline/Adrift one that suffers from the same problem, although that one actually isn't finished yet either

continuing the story...
                    Spoiler:

I see that you two have got the whole "big guns"/"big boobs" thing going on, but I have the magic hands. Can I join?
                    Hmmm...
                    That's not funny Elizabeth. Don't encourage him!

Oh boy, I was gonna go with
                    Spoiler:
                    John being relieved that Rodney showed up because that would've gotten rid of the little major (not in the dirty way), but your one is much better
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh boy, I was gonna go with
                      Spoiler:
                      John being relieved that Rodney showed up because that would've gotten rid of the little major (not in the dirty way), but your one is much better
                      We're a good tag team of smutty thoughts.

Comment

I was looking through the thread for something else, and discovered this, and thought I'd add my 2c

ShipperWriter - poor kiddo! I hope it starts to feel better soon!!

I was capping some episodes for the whump sig challenge, and I saw something I'd never noticed before. This scene from Tao of Rodney:

Look at the space between Carson, Teyla, and Ronon. Then look at John and Elizabeth.

Personal space? What's that?

Oh yeah - question about the heroic moments poll. When we say maximum 3 Sparky, does that mean only 3 of John or Elizabeth? Or only 3 where they're heroic at the same time?
                        Aww *squishes them all*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        And look how she's holding Rodney's hand. So much for her being cold and unfeeling. And speaking of hands, where exactly is John's right one? Just sayin'.
                        I don't get that criticism at all, especially when they made a point early on of saying she was governed by emotion. Not to mention there's the handwringing criticism too.

I didn't notice the hand holding thing, that's a nice touch, especially since it must've only been in-shot for a second or two.

Gotcha! Thanks.

Anuna!! *glomps* (I'm mathgirl24 everywhere else, in case you've forgotten )
                        So nice to see you!!

Tao is my favorite episode, which would seem strange considering Rodney isn't my favorite character (that would be Elizabeth), or even my second favorite (that would be John). Rodney is a distant third. Like everyone else has said, it was an Atlantis family episode. All 6 of the main characters had important parts to play, as well as Zelenka, Lorne, and Chuck. If Kate and Caldwell had been there then the whole family would have been present. (It would have made more sense for Teyla and Kate to teach Rodney to meditate, but I LOVE the scene with John trying to. "Lizabeth made me." "Oh, yeah, me too.")
                        I hadn't considered the meditation thing, but that's a good point, considering how little screentime Teyla had in this ep

There are so many scenes that I adore. There's John trying to convince Elizabeth to use the device on himself which highlights their chemistry and great comedy skills. There's John leaning over Elizabeth's shoulder to look at her computer when John doesn't even read Ancient (oh John, you're so obvious). There's John and Elizabeth having a companionable lunch together. Ronon was beyond awesome in this one ("Can I shoot him now?"). The tea scene with Teyla, the apology to Zelenka, the 2 hugs with Ronon... Oh and the book that Rodney wrote about Elizabeth with the infamous chapter 10 describing their "indefinable and yet magical chemistry". Oh, how I would love to read that (and to have John read it).
                        I'm also quite fond of the Rodney/Elizabeth scene where she tells him to give ascension a go

We're a good tag team of smutty thoughts.
                        I think you probably surpassed me a while back, but I've still got some tags left in me
                        sigpic

Comment

I think you probably surpassed me a while back, but I've still got some tags left in me
                          Once you and JT-2 start inpsiring each other a bit, we'll all be happily rolling in the Sparky gutter. I can't wait!
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

just outta curiosity... how many of you are doing the gateworld rewatch?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              just outta curiosity... how many of you are doing the gateworld rewatch?
                              I'm not interested in doing the SG-1 rewatch, but let me know when they get to SGA.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm also not doing the SG-1 rewatch. I actually haven't seen most of SG-1.

I don't get that criticism at all, especially when they made a point early on of saying she was governed by emotion. Not to mention there's the handwringing criticism too.
                                Well, I've read criticism from some folks who said she was a pushover and went along with whatever John wanted, and then those same folks said she emasculated him. Perhaps they didn't understand how those two ideas are mutually exclusive? Basically they just fit whatever label they could to each individual episode because they wanted to be haters.

I'm also quite fond of the Rodney/Elizabeth scene where she tells him to give ascension a go
                                Yes, some really great Rodney/Elizabeth friendship scenes in that one. She understands Rodney.

No, no. You are the master and I am your Padawan learner.

Comment

Working...
                                X