Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    We saw whole new big sections of mythology on the Athosians and the Pegasus Galaxy in that ep. Why, pray tell, did we never see any of it again? Oh...wait...
    Why did we barely ever see them exploring the city?

Why did the ATA gene become irrelevant?

ooh, one more. Why did Rodney have more screen time than John in S5?

*sigh*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      LOL!! True... saw that episode last week by accident... caught the part where Teyla catches that underground animal and eats it with Keller hating that particular part of Survivor.
      One of the best parts of that episode!

We saw whole new big sections of mythology on the Athosians and the Pegasus Galaxy in that ep. Why, pray tell, did we never see any of it again? Oh...wait...
      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Why did we barely ever see them exploring the city?

Why did the ATA gene become irrelevant?

ooh, one more. Why did Rodney have more screen time than John in S5?

*sigh*
      As you said before, those #$%#% PTW.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's Monday, I'm back at work, and I actually had a pretty good day today!

I don't follow college football, but I have to follow the local high schools around here, since I work at one, and I have to say my HS got their butts handed to them over the weekend. 37-14, or something like that. Poor guys.

Anyhow, I have Chapter 19 of "Of Detectives and Doctors" written and ready to go, but the school internet doesn't allow access to FFdotnet, so I can't post it yet.

But I can post it here. Mwahahaha. Beware: it's long, and it gives away one of the major plot points, so if you haven't read the story or Chapter 18 yet, I wouldn't recommend reading it. Also, besides Sparky, it has Sam/Jack and Lorne/Cadman.

See next post.

Comment

Part One.

Spoiler:
          This chapter reveals the dark history between John Sheppard and Michael Kenmore. Sorry you’ve had to wait so long!

CHAPTER 19

Thursday afternoon, 5:15pm

At the desk she hadn’t used in almost two months, Samantha Carter sat with her cheek in one hand, staring blankly at the photos of the three victims in front of her. They had all been missing for so long. Time was running out. And there were no leads as to the whereabouts of Kendra Billings.

If she was even still alive, that is.

Sam sighed and shuffled a stack of papers on her desk as her husband walked in, a leather jacket over the crook of his arm. A tired smile graced his tired face as he greeted his wife. “I thought you were just checking on things?”

She smiled shyly back at him. “I guess I got a little carried away.”

Still smirking, Jack took a seat in front of his wife’s desk. “I wouldn’t expect any different from you.” Seeing the faces of the victims looking up at his wife, he glanced up at her. “Anything?”

Shaking her head, she released a moan of desperation. “Nothing.”

For as long as they had been working this case, for as much as they knew about the people involved, they were still no closer to finishing it. Sam remembered when her mother had died. The Carter family had no relief, no closure, until they knew completely what had happened that tragic day. Sam knew her father’s heart never fully healed after that, dying brokenhearted.

She didn’t want the families of these three women to experience that. And she would do everything in her power to make it so.

Sam sighed again, then looked over the desk at Jack. He had changed into a pair of jeans and a long sleeve black shirt, highlighting just how grey – really, how white, his hair had become over the last five years. His brown eyes were watching her in return, shining with a desire to help, and also to get home and enjoy their little family.

“I guess we should head over to Janet’s. Pick up Mandy,” she finally voiced again.

“Yeah,” Jack returned quietly. When she didn’t move, he stood and walked to the corner of her desk, taking a seat. Cupping her cheek, he turned her face toward him. “You can’t save everybody,” he gently reminded her as her hand wrapped around his.

“I know,” she replied in a small voice, sounding helpless.

Jack leaned over and softly kissed her forehead. “C’mon. Let’s go home.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Across town at the precinct, the noses of Sheppard, Lorne, and Mitchell were still glued to their desk as they reviewed the case information presented to them. The captain had petitioned the ADA to grant them unrestricted access to the files pertaining to Michael Kenmore. Unfortunately, a judge wasn’t available to sign the warrant yet, and so as O’Neill left for the night he instructed his detectives to review all the material they had available to them for the moment.

So far, there was not one solid lead to help them find Walston.

It was a shame they couldn’t just ask Michael Kenmore where his little brother was hiding out. Until the judge signed the warrant and gave them the authority to serve it, they all felt a little useless. Maybe it was a good thing, Evan Lorne reflected, that they didn’t go see Kenmore. He wasn’t sure if, between himself and Mitchell, they would be able to hold John back.

Evan knew the history between his partner and Kenmore was dark. For the first few months of working together, he wondered exactly what pile of crap he had stepped into, being placed with Sheppard right after his promotion, just after John had gotten released from the hospital. Finally, after six months of partnership John trusted him enough that he finally told him the basics; he worked with Kenmore, he turned, and John got shot.

It was times like these that made him wonder if destiny and fate were real, or elements that literature had invented to explain these bizarre incidents in life that people wanted no responsibility for.

Leaning back in the creaky wooden chair, he reached into his pocket and checked his Droid. He was surprised that there were no text messages from Laura, seeing as how they were supposed to hang out tonight. However, ever since the discovery of Kenmore and Walston’s relationship, he had a feeling that he was going to be here for a while.

John sat across from him, their desks facing each other. He blew out a big breath of air, then suddenly laid his head down on the desk and groaned. “I hate my job,” he mumbled between the papers and his arms.

Lorne smirked, then shot a look over to Cameron Mitchell, his desk residing diagonally from theirs. Cam’s eyes appeared to be glazed over.

A crumpled piece of paper hitting him in the head cleared some of the drowsiness away. “Hey Cam, wanna make a Starbucks run?” Evan asked as he smiled, looking downwards at his desk.

Mitchell rolled his eyes and grumbled.

The sound of the doors opening drew the attention of all three men.

“Hello, boys,” Laura Cadman’s voice echoed through the squad room as she entered, her hands holding a coffee carrier with four to-go cups from Starbucks in it.

Evan didn’t think he had ever seen a more beautiful sight.

She made the rounds, stopping at each of their desks. To John, she said, “Black with hazelnut creamer,” as she handed him the cup.

Sheppard nodded appreciatively at her, then took a sip and went back to work.

She placed the next cup on Mitchell’s desk. “Vanilla latte.”

Drowsily, Cam looked up at her. In a voice laced with exhaustion, he replied, “I love you.”

“That’s what all you flyboys say,” she replied saucily with a wink. “And last but not least,” she announced as she set the carrier on Evan’s desk, “coffee with extra cream and sugar.”

“You’re a miracle worker,” he responded simply, pure gratitude in his eyes.

“You’re welcome.” Taking a seat next to him, she rubbed her hands together eagerly. “Y’all need some help?”

John shrugged. “Captain told us we shouldn’t discuss this with anyone else at the moment.”

Evan shot his partner a glare. “John, we can trust her.” He was aware that Sheppard knew that, but he had a feeling that he didn’t want any more people to know about this than necessary.

After a brief staring competition, John acquiesced. “It couldn’t hurt, Cadman. Join the club.”

“Thanks. So, where are you at?”

“Well, Kenmore is Shawn Walston’s big brother.”

“For real?” she asked, looking around at them for affirmative nods.

“Yep. Problem is, if Kenmore is hiding him, we can’t just invade his offices or house. Walston will run and we won’t find him again. We’re waiting on a warrant right now to get access to his files. After … you know,” John replied, lowering his eyes, “Kenmore’s records, everything from the case, were sealed by court order after the investigation was over. The only way to find out what really happened without the files is to ask someone who was there.”

Immediately, Evan’s eyes darted to his partner. As the realization of his words crept in, John’s face started to flush. Whether with anger or panic, Lorne wasn’t sure.

“Oh crap,” John muttered, looking around the room.

Confused, Laura looked back to Evan. “What is it?”

He bit his lip, wanting to keep the code of silence, but with a short nod from Sheppard, he opened his mouth. “John was Kenmore’s partner when he went dirty. Somehow, John got shot in the ensuing chaos. After that, Kenmore went to prison and Sheppard to the hospital.”

Laura’s mouth gaped open, then she quickly shut it. “I didn’t know all of that,” she whispered to him.

He nodded. “Most people don’t. John didn’t even tell me the half of it until just six months ago.”

Cadman glanced back over at Sheppard, still working at his desk, seeming to have not heard what was said. Either that, Lorne remarked silently, or he tuned it out, having heard it so many times that he was probably sick of it.

Just then, one of the ADAs walked into the station. “Detective Sheppard?” she called out.

Still focusing on the paperwork, he simply raised a hand and said, “Here!”

Lindsey Novak walked over to them, a pair of smart glasses on her face and an attaché case hanging from a strap over one shoulder. In her hand was a thick file case. “I got a present for you, John,” she told him, handing the bulky files over.

He cast his eyes up at her. “Is this what I think it is?”

Evan looked at Novak as she nodded. “The entirety of the records that the district has for Michael Kenmore. Birth certificate, high school transcript, academy records, and everything pertaining to the shooting. It’s all yours.”

Sheppard grimaced. “I was kinda hoping never to see this again,” he whined, taking it and setting it on his desk as Evan and Cam walked over.

Lorne looked at his partner. With everything that had transpired this past week, John Sheppard looked like an old man. He knew that he hadn’t slept more than five hours a night for the past week, even on his day off. The crow’s feet were becoming more pronounced around his eyes, and grey hairs were popping up every day.

At least, that’s how it seemed.

“John. Go catch some sleep in the bunks. We’ll start on this,” Evan offered, moving slightly closer to the desk.

John ran his hands over his face. “No, no, I’m good.”

“John,” Laura joined in the pleading, moving around the boys and putting a gentle hand on his shoulder, “go take a nap. I’ll keep an eye on the boys. We won’t get this done right if you’re not on top of your game.”

He glanced around at everybody and eventually nodded. “I’ll be in the bunks,” he finally surrendered, standing from his desk chair and pushing it underneath the desk.

Evan watched him wander away from the squad room to a secluded area, quiet enough to allow him to sleep.

Next to him, Cameron crossed his arms. “All right, so Kenmore and Walston are brothers. Why didn’t anyone know?”

Lindsey pulled another file from her attaché case. “I have something else that’ll help. I found Shawn Walston’s real birth certificate. They have different fathers, but the same mother.”

Cameron took the file, looking at the photocopied papers inside.

“So, Mom has an affair, gets knocked up, and Kenmore grows up trying to hide that fact?” Cadman asked as she circled around them, taking John’s empty desk chair.

“Michael wanted to have the perfect life.”

They turned around and looked behind them. On his way to sleep, John had seemingly paused and returned to the room, hands shoved into his pockets. “He was valedictorian in high school, placed well in college. When he went to the academy, he wanted to get on the fast track. He was a nice guy, but he knew who to push around to get his way.”

“John, you don’t need to do this right now,” Evan told him, crossing his arms, ready to cuff him to the bunk if need be.

“Evan, if I don’t do this now, I never will,” he responded frankly, making eye contact with his partner.

Lindsey glanced at the detectives in the room, then walked up to John. “Know that whatever you say is off the record. We won’t hold anything against you.”

John nodded, and taking his desk chair, he began to speak.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Comment

And Part Two.

Spoiler:
            Dr. Kate Heightmeyer had been leaving her office when a text message made her drop her bags and rush out to the squadroom.

He’s finally letting the cat out of the bag.

Evan Lorne’s words were not cryptic for her at all; after the mess that Sheppard and Kenmore had been embroiled in, he only selected a few people to be allowed to know. Those that needed to, he didn’t have a choice.

However, this was the first time since the shooting that he had finally decided to open up to more than one person. And if it was necessary to disconcert himself for the sake of solving the case, it demonstrated a huge stride on John’s part.

Kate wanted to witness it.

She entered the open room, standing behind a filing cabinet near the group. From his seat at his desk, John looked up and gave her a grateful glance, then continued.

“Kenmore and I were working undercover. We were assigned to infiltrate a drug ring with Kenmore posing as a buyer. One day, we met at the drop site. Kenmore went inside and I lost contact with him. His wire stopped working. I wasn’t sure if it was technical issues or if he’d been made, so I sneaked inside. Kenmore was standing inside next to the dealer. Mexican by the name of Santos. Kenmore was not only pocketing the money, but a pack of dime bags in his jacket. He had cut a hole in the lining where nobody could see it.

“I realized what he was doing. I pulled my gun; so did Santos. Told Kenmore I wasn’t gonna let him get away with this, and I was radioing for backup. Next thing I know, I’m lying on the ground, bleeding out. When I woke up in the hospital, Kenmore was outside the door telling the captain what happened.”

John paused for a moment, seeming to collect his thoughts, as the door opened. Elizabeth Weir walked in the station, simply dressed in a pair of jeans, a black jacket covering her red blouse.

Kate saw the firework exchange between the two of them, silently emanating pity for them. They had been through a rough time today, even though Kate thought that the exposure was unnecessary.

“How did you know Kenmore was the one who shot you?” Laura Cadman bravely asked.

John smirked. “I asked them why they were leading away my partner in cuffs. As Kenmore was telling his sob story, ballistics made it a priority and found the slugs came from his service weapon.”

“So not only did Kenmore shoot a fellow officer, but he was dealing drugs and making profits on the side. What a guy,” Mitchell mused, crossing his arms.

“Yeah. Pretty much.” John leaned back in his chair and sighed, letting out a small groan of liberation. “That wasn’t as hard as I thought it was gonna be.”

“’The truth shall set you free’,” Elizabeth quoted emphatically.

John didn’t reply.

Kate glanced around the room and decided, at that moment, to join the conversation. “Kenmore kept insisting that no one else was involved, but once Internal Affairs investigated, they found the money trail continued past him but dead ended.”

“That doesn’t matter now,” John interrupted, crossing his arms. “It doesn’t matter who Kenmore was working for, or why he shot me. The important question is, why is Walston killing these women, and how is Kenmore involved, aside from being his brother?”

A cell phone rang, and Novak reached into her attaché bag. “Novak,” she answered, glancing around the room. “Yes? Uh-huh. He did? All right. I’ll let them know.” She ended the call, then raised her head to the surrounding crowd. “That was the ADA’s office. They got a judge to sign the search warrant for Kenmore’s offices and house. Marks will meet you there with the warrant.”

Without a second thought, a second glance, Sheppard, Lorne, and Mitchell grabbed theirs shields and clipped them next to their holsters.

As John and Lorne raced towards the door, Cameron Mitchell hung back briefly. “Just out of curiosity: who was the judge?”

Lindsey smirked. “George Hammond.”

TBC.

Comment

*sigh of relief* I'm back in my office and, I must say, as much as I dearly love my iPad, it's nice to be back. We had our carpets cleaned and I had to spend the day in the kitchen. BTW, has anyone else noticed that even really smart men lose about 20 IQ points when it comes to putting things back where they came from? What part of "Put the little table back where it was" don't they understand? *scratches head*

Plot bunny: Mitchell complimented John on his "house" and John was all proud that they painted. Who wants to bet he had his Marines put all the furniture back in the wrong place and Elizabeth was pissed?

Spoiler:

Elizabeth: John, I thought I asked you to put everything back where it was?
              John: I did, or at least the Marines did.

Elizabeth: John Sheppard, have you ever once come in here and seen that couch on the opposite wall?
              John: *ponders*
              Rodney: You should see my lab.

John: Sorry.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*sigh of relief* I'm back in my office and, I must say, as much as I dearly love my iPad, it's nice to be back. We had our carpets cleaned and I had to spend the day in the kitchen. BTW, has anyone else noticed that even really smart men lose about 20 IQ points when it comes to putting things back where they came from? What part of "Put the little table back where it was" don't they understand? *scratches head*

Plot bunny: Mitchell complimented John on his "house" and John was all proud that they painted. Who wants to bet he had his Marines put all the furniture back in the wrong place and Elizabeth was pissed?

Spoiler:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x13-1397.jpg

Elizabeth: John Sheppard, have you ever once come in here and seen that couch on the opposite wall?
                http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x15-0954.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x06_1155.jpg
                i got my butt chewed out a couple of times by my step mother when she and my dad were moving houses

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  And Part Two.

Spoiler:
                  Dr. Kate Heightmeyer had been leaving her office when a text message made her drop her bags and rush out to the squadroom.

He’s finally letting the cat out of the bag.

Evan Lorne’s words were not cryptic for her at all; after the mess that Sheppard and Kenmore had been embroiled in, he only selected a few people to be allowed to know. Those that needed to, he didn’t have a choice.

However, this was the first time since the shooting that he had finally decided to open up to more than one person. And if it was necessary to disconcert himself for the sake of solving the case, it demonstrated a huge stride on John’s part.

Kate wanted to witness it.

She entered the open room, standing behind a filing cabinet near the group. From his seat at his desk, John looked up and gave her a grateful glance, then continued.

“Kenmore and I were working undercover. We were assigned to infiltrate a drug ring with Kenmore posing as a buyer. One day, we met at the drop site. Kenmore went inside and I lost contact with him. His wire stopped working. I wasn’t sure if it was technical issues or if he’d been made, so I sneaked inside. Kenmore was standing inside next to the dealer. Mexican by the name of Santos. Kenmore was not only pocketing the money, but a pack of dime bags in his jacket. He had cut a hole in the lining where nobody could see it.

“I realized what he was doing. I pulled my gun; so did Santos. Told Kenmore I wasn’t gonna let him get away with this, and I was radioing for backup. Next thing I know, I’m lying on the ground, bleeding out. When I woke up in the hospital, Kenmore was outside the door telling the captain what happened.”

John paused for a moment, seeming to collect his thoughts, as the door opened. Elizabeth Weir walked in the station, simply dressed in a pair of jeans, a black jacket covering her red blouse.

Kate saw the firework exchange between the two of them, silently emanating pity for them. They had been through a rough time today, even though Kate thought that the exposure was unnecessary.

“How did you know Kenmore was the one who shot you?” Laura Cadman bravely asked.

John smirked. “I asked them why they were leading away my partner in cuffs. As Kenmore was telling his sob story, ballistics made it a priority and found the slugs came from his service weapon.”

“So not only did Kenmore shoot a fellow officer, but he was dealing drugs and making profits on the side. What a guy,” Mitchell mused, crossing his arms.

“Yeah. Pretty much.” John leaned back in his chair and sighed, letting out a small groan of liberation. “That wasn’t as hard as I thought it was gonna be.”

“’The truth shall set you free’,” Elizabeth quoted emphatically.

John didn’t reply.

Kate glanced around the room and decided, at that moment, to join the conversation. “Kenmore kept insisting that no one else was involved, but once Internal Affairs investigated, they found the money trail continued past him but dead ended.”

“That doesn’t matter now,” John interrupted, crossing his arms. “It doesn’t matter who Kenmore was working for, or why he shot me. The important question is, why is Walston killing these women, and how is Kenmore involved, aside from being his brother?”

A cell phone rang, and Novak reached into her attaché bag. “Novak,” she answered, glancing around the room. “Yes? Uh-huh. He did? All right. I’ll let them know.” She ended the call, then raised her head to the surrounding crowd. “That was the ADA’s office. They got a judge to sign the search warrant for Kenmore’s offices and house. Marks will meet you there with the warrant.”

Without a second thought, a second glance, Sheppard, Lorne, and Mitchell grabbed theirs shields and clipped them next to their holsters.

As John and Lorne raced towards the door, Cameron Mitchell hung back briefly. “Just out of curiosity: who was the judge?”

Lindsey smirked. “George Hammond.”

TBC.
                  Nice. you finally brought in Hammond. Cool.

Comment

Spoiler:

The look on John's face in that second picture.

I'm not much better, actually. I was moving a table back after cleaning and the conversation went like this...

Aunt: Put the table back the way it was.
                    JT: Done.
                    Aunt: No, the way it was.
                    JT: Oh, right. Done.
                    Aunt: No, the other way around.
                    Aunt: Try again. There's only 1 way left.
                    JT: *sheepish grin*

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      Nice. you finally brought in Hammond. Cool.
                      Thanks. I figured it was about time.

I'm not much better, actually. I was moving a table back after cleaning and the conversation went like this...

That's like when I tried to arrange the living room furniture and hanging pictures in the dining room. My mother told me flat out I have no decorating skills. She's right, though ...

Comment

Good thing you're not married to Mr. SR. We have 2 tables in our family room that are the same color but completely different styles. One is at each end of the couch. They have been there for upwards of 15 years. He got them backwards. Sigh.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good thing you're not married to Mr. SR. We have 2 tables in our family room that are the same color but completely different styles. One is at each end of the couch. They have been there for upwards of 15 years. He got them backwards. Sigh.
                          Ummm... we have more important things on our minds than furniture arrangement?

Yeah, I didn't buy it either.

So, we were discussing Rising. Anything we want to discuss from Hide and Seek? It showed them working as a team pretty well for that early on.

Comment

Animated gifs from Hide and Seek. John was so happy in those days.

Comment

ShipperWriter, that was one evil chapter! Geeze, Michael's a jerk no matter what universe he's in!

*cracks up* Poor Elizabeth. It's so hard for her to find any good help, isn't it?

HeeHeeHee! I love the 'I shot him. In the leg!' moment. Ah, those were the days, weren't they?
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                HeeHeeHee! I love the 'I shot him. In the leg!' moment. Ah, those were the days, weren't they?
                                They definitely were! Oh, and I want to make clear that I didn't make those. The talented sellthelie from LJ did.

Oh, SK, about that other topic...
                                Spoiler:
                                I reported that douche.

Comment

Working...
                                X