Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    I tend to please...though imagine if the Kolya thing really did happen....
    I'd rather not.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I think the crew headed to France needs to make sure that Torri and Joe get more of those cards.
      I still have a few left - though that would mean I'd have to explain what they are for... unless they remember in which my brain will be thankful.

Should have we promotional T-shirts or something - LOL, that would be funny!

And very doable too - our GW names on the back - Rising on the front - a lemming on the back of mine...

Yeah, the people in charge of that comm aren't terribly careful about making sure everything is categorized properly. If all they're going to do is slack around on the stuff they don't like, why don't they just start a comm focusing on what they do like and turn over the general SGA comm to someone who can be objective and balanced toward the fandom as a whole? Oh well.
      I took the time to go through their FAQ - they are all McSheppers and say that no one else wants to commit to the job of mainting the newsletter so basically we suck it up or do something about it. Same with Stargate Fic Recs - great comm except wholy out of balance when it comes to the reccers. One more Jack/Daniel to grace my list and I'm kicking the comm out.

I don't quite know how to go about reccing fic but I would definitely like to do something in order to promote more Ladies-fic. Cause the women are so lacking in the love-department it ain't even funny no more.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I tend to please...though imagine if the Kolya thing really did happen....
        I'm with JT-2: perish the thought!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I still have a few left - though that would mean I'd have to explain what they are for... unless they remember in which my brain will be thankful.

Should have we promotional T-shirts or something - LOL, that would be funny!

And very doable too - our GW names on the back - Rising on the front - a lemming on the back of mine...
        T-shirts would rock; Kris did some graphics and made up a t-shirt for herself and sent out the image files to interested parties. Want me to send you a copy?

I took the time to go through their FAQ - they are all McSheppers and say that no one else wants to commit to the job of mainting the newsletter so basically we suck it up or do something about it. Same with Stargate Fic Recs - great comm except wholy out of balance when it comes to the reccers. One more Jack/Daniel to grace my list and I'm kicking the comm out.

I don't quite know how to go about reccing fic but I would definitely like to do something in order to promote more Ladies-fic. Cause the women are so lacking in the love-department it ain't even funny no more.
        I keep meaning to put together a list of Sparky fics that haven't been recced over at SG Fic Recs so I can volunteer for reccing duties, but I've been getting distracted by other things. And it's not going to get any better any time soon, what with painting my bedroom next week and getting my new bedroom furniture set hopefully the week after that. Busy times, argh.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

This is hopelessly off topic. I am watching the series finale of Enterprise on syfy. I've only caught a couple of episodes so I don't really know the whole story. But this finale? Seems like their PTB screwed them over just as much as ours did.

- Characters from the parent series showing up in a significant way. Check.
          - Character death. Check.

Sparky pic. See, I'm on topic.

Comment

I'm with JT-2: perish the thought!
            Sparky Smut.....there I perished the thought...
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I think I read something like that. He was turned into a woman and they had sex. It was... disturbing. It's not the f/f sex that bothered me (I read that plenty), it was the whole thing. I guess it was thinking of John as a woman that freaked me out. Joe's just so male, you know?
              Hah! That's sounds sort of... interesting and actually... kind of hilarious.

I'm not especially into all the really really really weird stuff that can go on in fan fictions, but you know what?

Honestly, if I did somehow stumble onto reading a story like that, out of all the things that could have even possibly kept me reading on, I don't think I could think of a better way to make the best out of such a crazy bizarre situation than Sparky lesbian sex.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Mandogater, what you're proposing sounds like Vulcan neuropressure. LOL

Unfortunately, I was watching "NCIS" on USA and I flipped during a commercial to SyFy.
                Spoiler:
                "Enterprise" was on, but it was that part during the series finale when Trip sacrificed himself to save Archer and the ship. Now I feel like ****.

Anyhoodle ... was really hoping Irene would swing more our way in Florida but alas, I'm still going to work tomorrow. One more day til the weekend. It's sad, really -- my first week back in school, and the other interpreter and I are already counting down the days till our first break.

Madness reigns, I love what you did with the Sparky pictures! I always love picture that bring out the red like that ...

Now, my offering for Pretty Thursday -- who wants some "randomnimity"?

Comment

Also, a fic update:

"Everybody's Fine" is still on hiatus. Any offerings of virtual cheesecake are welcome to help the fic bunnies get back on track.

The plot bunnies finally awoke from their chocolate/carrot cake induced coma and are multiplying like rabbits for "Of Detectives and Doctors". I sadly sense the end is near, but all the threads are finally coming together. I'm throwing in a few more of our anti-Sparky bad guys from SGA to make things interesting. Mwahahahaha.

I'm gonna go read all the Pissed!Lizzie fic links I clicked on. Hee hee!!!

Comment

This is hopelessly off topic. I am watching the series finale of Enterprise on syfy. I've only caught a couple of episodes so I don't really know the whole story. But this finale? Seems like their PTB screwed them over just as much as ours did.

- Characters from the parent series showing up in a significant way. Check.
                    - Character death. Check.
                    Ohhh, the Enterprise finale is legendary in its infamy.

Yay, it's the 'teenage thing' scene! Love that.

Sparky Smut.....there I perished the thought...

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    Hah! That's sounds sort of... interesting and actually... kind of hilarious.

I'm not especially into all the really really really weird stuff that can go on in fan fictions, but you know what?

Honestly, if I did somehow stumble onto reading a story like that, out of all the things that could have even possibly kept me reading on, I don't think I could think of a better way to make the best out of such a crazy bizarre situation than Sparky lesbian sex.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Mandogater, what you're proposing sounds like Vulcan neuropressure. LOL

Unfortunately, I was watching "NCIS" on USA and I flipped during a commercial to SyFy.
                    Spoiler:
                    "Enterprise" was on, but it was that part during the series finale when Trip sacrificed himself to save Archer and the ship. Now I feel like ****.

Anyhoodle ... was really hoping Irene would swing more our way in Florida but alas, I'm still going to work tomorrow. One more day til the weekend. It's sad, really -- my first week back in school, and the other interpreter and I are already counting down the days till our first break.

Madness reigns, I love what you did with the Sparky pictures! I always love picture that bring out the red like that ...

Now, my offering for Pretty Thursday -- who wants some "randomnimity"?
                    Ahahah! I remember that fic! What crackalicious fun!

And more anti-Sparky bad guys are afoot? Oh dear, we're in trouble, aren't we?
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And more anti-Sparky bad guys are afoot? Oh dear, we're in trouble, aren't we?
                      You mean the Legion of Doom ran by Oberoth? I can take him! *cracks knuckles*
                      BALCONIES
                      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've been copy and pasting fics I want to save into Word, then converting them into PDF files for iBooks on my iPad. I believe there's a number of apps that will handle PDF files.
                        Good to know. I'm not ready to commit to an e-reader, but when I do I have a feeling there will be many Sparky fics on it.

I keep meaning to put together a list of Sparky fics that haven't been recced over at SG Fic Recs so I can volunteer for reccing duties, but I've been getting distracted by other things. And it's not going to get any better any time soon, what with painting my bedroom next week and getting my new bedroom furniture set hopefully the week after that. Busy times, argh.
                        I gave up on the newsletter long ago, but like SK said, we can definitely make some noise at SG Fic Recs. I've had the same idea as you SK, but just never got it done. And it would be great to spread the Stargate Women love around. *puts on to do list*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POCUS!

And those of you on the East Coast, hoping you all get through the coming storm safely.
                        sigpic
                        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Hmm, I may have to try that trick the next time I have a headache. Thanks!
                          You're welcome. Hopefully you will have better luck with it than I have.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Okay, I'm compelled to ask: do they also get you to try to touch your arms behind your back, while they stare at you?
                            Nope. Can't be sure what he may of tried with the women though, LOL.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

You mean the Legion of Doom ran by Oberoth? I can take him! *cracks knuckles*
                              Oh yeah, Oberoth's nanite-y butt is going down!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                              Good to know. I'm not ready to commit to an e-reader, but when I do I have a feeling there will be many Sparky fics on it.
                              *rubs hands together gleefully* Sparky fic will rule the e-reader world! I'm going to be playing with converting the files to EPUB format next, to see if I can take advantage of some of the other features of iBooks that I can't use on PDF files, like bookmarking. It's a bit of a trial run with an eye to eventually doing e-reader ready versions of episodes for Atlantis Rising.

I gave up on the newsletter long ago, but like SK said, we can definitely make some noise at SG Fic Recs. I've had the same idea as you SK, but just never got it done. And it would be great to spread the Stargate Women love around. *puts on to do list*
                              Indeed. Hopefully at the end of next week... *eyes the waiting cans of paint*

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              You're welcome. Hopefully you will have better luck with it than I have.
                              I've had success doing something similar to stop myself from sneezing; press a finger against your upper lip just under the nose, right between your nostrils. It may not always work, especially if you really, really need to sneeze, but it should give you a few extra moments to pull out a tissue to sneeze into.

And, everyone in the path of Hurricane Irene, stay safe and let us know how you're doing! *sends hugs out to everyone*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                Also, a fic update:

"Everybody's Fine" is still on hiatus. Any offerings of virtual cheesecake are welcome to help the fic bunnies get back on track.

The plot bunnies finally awoke from their chocolate/carrot cake induced coma and are multiplying like rabbits for "Of Detectives and Doctors". I sadly sense the end is near, but all the threads are finally coming together. I'm throwing in a few more of our anti-Sparky bad guys from SGA to make things interesting. Mwahahahaha.

I'm gonna go read all the Pissed!Lizzie fic links I clicked on. Hee hee!!!
                                Did somebody say "virtual cheesecake?" I'm not sure this is what you had in mind, but it never hurts.

Spoiler:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POCUS!

And those of you on the East Coast, hoping you all get through the coming storm safely.
                                I realized that if the power goes out, for once we'll still be able to read in the dark thanks to our e-readers. At least until the battery runs out.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X