No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I just thought I'd ask if you guys could help me out. I'm just wondering if you could give me some perspective. I've mentioned a a couple times that I'm working on a fanfic of my own. It's coming along slowly but it is coming along. I don't want to give away too much of it, but I was wondering what you guys thought about the information I did give about it. Between the author's note and the summary do they seem to give a clear enough picture of what the story is going to be like? I've learned the significance of warnings before I began writing, but I'm trying to strike a balance between warnings and spoilers. I had a fair amount of angst planned but I think the show had enough precedence regarding angst that including a reasonable amount would still be inline with the canon of the show. If I had to name one example from the show that provided much the my inspiration for a lot of the content of this fic, I'd say I plan to expand on a lot of the themes and content from Remnants only with a larger scale of events and with grander stakes.

Well that'd be a large part of it anyway.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5683510/...ce_of_Struggle
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 18 August 2011, 07:59 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Hey guys, I just thought I'd ask if you guys could help me out. I'm just wondering if you could give me some perspective. I've mentioned a a couple times that I'm working on a fanfic of my own. It's coming along slowly but it is coming along. I don't want to give away too much of it, but I was wondering what you guys thought about the information I did give about it. Between the author's note and the summary do they seem to give a clear enough picture of what the story is going to be like? I've learned the significance of warnings before I began writing, but I'm trying to strike a balance between warnings and spoilers. I had a fair amount of angst planned but I think the show had enough precedence regarding angst that including a reasonable amount would still be inline with the canon of the show. If I had to name one example from the show that provided much the my inspiration for a lot of the content of this fic, I'd say I plan to expand on a lot of the themes and content from Remnants only with a larger scale of events and with grander stakes.

I think I got where the story was going from the summary. And I'm patiently waiting for more chapters.

Comment

I'm watching Conversion. Sparky is so adorable. sparky_ruffle3.gif

Comment

Wow, you give a very clear picture. The ship info should intrigue all shippers and make them curious to see how you deal with the various pairings. The main plot sounds exciting and provides enough information that everyone should be eager to read more.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thanks guys, my main concern was if people would be put off by any angst since I didn't specifically label it under my two categories. And to make sure nobody would read the story and say "What is any romance doing in this action adventure story?" or "Why isn't this story getting to the romance yet?" Plus I was hoping that I gave people a decent understanding of which relationships (past or present) would be most pertinent to the story so they wouldn't be somehow surprised if I gave one more focused than others.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Did you all see that Joe cancelled the Atlanta con? I hope he doesn't cancel France as well! Cross fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Did you all see that Joe cancelled the Atlanta con? I hope he doesn't cancel France as well! Cross fingers!
                First thing I thought of. *prays*

And Jason is ringing the closing bell today for the Nasdaq. Check it out at 3:45-4:00, supposedly webcast here: http://www.nasdaq.com/about/marketsitetowervideo.asx
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Oh, that was an awesome read! I think you hit that balance between warnings and spoilers that you wanted perfectly. Just enough to whet one's appetite for more. And I definitely want to see more.

Eeek! Aw, that sucks for everyone going to Atlanta. Also crossing fingers that the Marseille con is unaffected.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  First thing I thought of. *prays*

And Jason is ringing the closing bell today for the Nasdaq. Check it out at 3:45-4:00, supposedly webcast here: http://www.nasdaq.com/about/marketsitetowervideo.asx
                  Damn, I missed it! *pouts* I hope someone gets some video up soon.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

If he does - that'll be my one chance probably of ever seeing him in the flesh. But they just announced the last guest which is none other than Paul McGillion so it would still be a good convention. The guest list remains awesome.

Also - there's a couple more hours left to get your 5 choices in for the Most Dramatic Moment In Stargate Atlantis (remember 2 most be non-Sparky).
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

was the france con the one with both him and torri?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        was the france con the one with both him and torri?
                        Yep.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Farscape fans, when did the show hook you? I watched the first season and enjoyed it, but it didn't grab me enough to make me continue. I've read where the show kind of changes after the first season. Thoughts?

Sent my dramatic moments, hopefully in time (oy what a week). I have to admit it was much easier to make this list compared to the romantic list. However, seasons 4 & 5 continue to be hard to remember. Of course, for the most part I only saw these episodes once. It will be interesting when the rewatch hits them and I watch them again. Mayhaps they will leave more of an impression?
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                            Farscape fans, when did the show hook you? I watched the first season and enjoyed it, but it didn't grab me enough to make me continue. I've read where the show kind of changes after the first season. Thoughts?

Sent my dramatic moments, hopefully in time (oy what a week). I have to admit it was much easier to make this list compared to the romantic list. However, seasons 4 & 5 continue to be hard to remember. Of course, for the most part I only saw these episodes once. It will be interesting when the rewatch hits them and I watch them again. Mayhaps they will leave more of an impression?
                            Re Farscape - my mom watched it and I would tape it for her (that's "tape" on an actual VCR, kids). At first I just made fun of it. It's pretty out there. It was season 2's "Look at the Princess" trilogy that cemented me as a fan. The ship in those 3 (especially the last scene of the 3rd ep) sent my little shipper heart into overdrive. I'm a sap, apparently. I would NEVER admit that to anyone in RL.

Re the two lists - it made me laugh when all my dramatic moments came from the latter seasons and the romantic ones from the early seasons. Yet another reason why I liked the early seasons better. But, like you, I have vague at best memories of seasons 4 and 5. I've seen them once or twice. I did a rewatch in preparation for SGA Rising, but then started skipping huge chunks once I got to season 5. I still have zero desire to watch them. I love John (and Joe) but it's just too painful. There's just so much I dislike in those seasons. Keller. McKeller. Rodney as leading man. Forced looking hugs. Forced bonding with new cast. Sam as Weir-lite. Woolsey as expedition leader = joke (which thankfully got better). Teyla and Ronon as wallpaper. Zelenka bashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                              Oh snap! I totally forgot about the dramatic moments poll! Well, it's still the 19th here.

I only saw most of Seasons 4 and 5 once as well, but there's a few good moments that are coming to mind. And they're not even angsty. (since, you know, we're saving angsty moments for the next poll)

*runs off to PM FH with the list*

Comment

Re Farscape - my mom watched it and I would tape it for her (that's "tape" on an actual VCR, kids). At first I just made fun of it. It's pretty out there. It was season 2's "Look at the Princess" trilogy that cemented me as a fan. The ship in those 3 (especially the last scene of the 3rd ep) sent my little shipper heart into overdrive. I'm a sap, apparently. I would NEVER admit that to anyone in RL.
                                I have tape! LOL I wish some of the stuff I've kept would get released on DVD...

I have to admit at times in season one the John/Aeryn stuff didn't work for me. I loved all the characters though. I was leery going in of the muppets. Took to Pilot right away, but still not sure about Rygel (?).

Re the two lists - it made me laugh when all my dramatic moments came from the latter seasons and the romantic ones from the early seasons. Yet another reason why I liked the early seasons better. But, like you, I have vague at best memories of seasons 4 and 5. I've seen them once or twice. I did a rewatch in preparation for SGA Rising, but then started skipping huge chunks once I got to season 5. I still have zero desire to watch them. I love John (and Joe) but it's just too painful. There's just so much I dislike in those seasons. Keller. McKeller. Rodney as leading man. Forced looking hugs. Forced bonding with new cast. Sam as Weir-lite. Woolsey as expedition leader = joke (which thankfully got better). Teyla and Ronon as wallpaper. Zelenka bashing.
                                My moments were from every season except 5. I think you would have enjoyed the season 5 "critique" thread back when the show was airing. We had a lot of fun and it was kind of like therapy to help us get through the season.
                                sigpic
                                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Working...
                                X