Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hmm, methinks I'm going to have to watch Farscape at some point...
    You simply must!! It's awesome! Aliens who actually look different from humans. They all speak different languages. Shocking stuff.

If you ever watch Farscape season 1 episode "A Human Reaction", you might notice some similarities to the John/Teyla scenes in Home. But of course, Crichton doesn't tell Aeryn that he's thinking AGAIN about Zhaan ... oh, and the others back on Moya.

Comment

PILOT!!!!

And the DRD's - 1812 is my favorite of them all!

Anyway.... I started reading SGA Rising today... must catch up in order to perform my beta-duties.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        PILOT!!!!

And the DRD's - 1812 is my favorite of them all!

Anyway.... I started reading SGA Rising today... must catch up in order to perform my beta-duties.
        I adore Pilot! I am rewatching season 1 and DNA Mad Scientist - where they do something so horrible to Pilot. Oh, I felt such pain for him! *wibbles*

Comment

I remember a Q&A with Gigi (Chiana - yeah, I met her once. She's way awesome) in which they had a small fire on stage, the stage where they kept the pilot prop and his hub... and everyone would go around as soon as they had taken care of it - "Is Pilot alright?" - like he was an actual person. She said they forgot on multiple times that Rygel was just a puppet, or Pilot.

Comment

I remember a Q&A with Gigi (Chiana - yeah, I met her once. She's way awesome) in which they had a small fire on stage, the stage where they kept the pilot prop and his hub... and everyone would go around as soon as they had taken care of it - "Is Pilot alright?" - like he was an actual person. She said they forgot on multiple times that Rygel was just a puppet, or Pilot.
            You met her? You lucky woman!! Yeah, they did such a good job with the puppets that you totally forget they are puppets at all.

Hmmm... to make this on topic. Um.... I got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Hmmm... to make this on topic. Um.... I got nothing.
              Mmm... can't help you there right now... Doctor Who is eating my brain... I finally found my Who-love again after loosing number 10 David Tennant (always my Doctor) and learning to LOVE number 11 Matt Smith.

Comment

You simply must!! It's awesome! Aliens who actually look different from humans. They all speak different languages. Shocking stuff.

If you ever watch Farscape season 1 episode "A Human Reaction", you might notice some similarities to the John/Teyla scenes in Home. But of course, Crichton doesn't tell Aeryn that he's thinking AGAIN about Zhaan ... oh, and the others back on Moya.
                Farscape is awesome. We rewatched it last year and I found a number of similarities with SGA and SG-1. I don't know any names of the eps, but there's one with Crichton on a hippie planet that's a lot like Epiphany also.

Mmm... can't help you there right now... Doctor Who is eating my brain... I finally found my Who-love again after loosing number 10 David Tennant (always my Doctor) and learning to LOVE number 11 Matt Smith.
                We just watched the latest clip show and decided that after Tom Baker, Matt Smith is definitely our next favorite. He just has such an expressive face. Plus I love the bit of an edge he gives the Doctor.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Farscape is awesome. We rewatched it last year and I found a number of similarities with SGA and SG-1. I don't know any names of the eps, but there's one with Crichton on a hippie planet that's a lot like Epiphany also.
                  I think you're speaking of Jeremiah Crichton. There's the local love interest, and Crichton even grew a beard too. Actually, I liked Epiphany better than Jeremiah Crichton. I guess Joe's hotness is the deciding factor. Ben's hot, of course, but he's not Joe level hot.

Comment

I think you're speaking of Jeremiah Crichton. There's the local love interest, and Crichton even grew a beard too. Actually, I liked Epiphany better than Jeremiah Crichton. I guess Joe's hotness is the deciding factor. Ben's hot, of course, but he's not Joe level hot.
                    You know, I was never really sold on Farscape until Scorpious showed up. No wonder I like the episodes where Sheppard and Todd verbally spar so much.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

i think the only thing of farscape i ever watched was the two part mini series the peacekeeper wars.

Comment

Well, nobody reaches that level. There's Joe and then there's every other man............................................................................. ..................way over here.

I must admit Farscape is an acquired taste. You have to like hard SciFi to appreciate it. I was put off at first by the too alien looking aliens but the John/Aeryn ship drew me in. I enjoyed it much more the second time. Mr. SR always had a thing for Claudia Black.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Well, nobody reaches that level. There's Joe and then there's every other man............................................................................. ..................way over here.
                          Very true!

Please don't leave us, men of the thread. We can't help ourselves sometimes.

Here's some wet Elizabeth for you.
                          normal_111_theeye_14.jpg

I must admit Farscape is an acquired taste. You have to like hard SciFi to appreciate it. I was put off at first by the too alien looking aliens but the John/Aeryn ship drew me in. I enjoyed it much more the second time. Mr. SR always had a thing for Claudia Black.
                          Yes, it's definitely hard SciFi. And I agree with mandogater that it was slow to start. Many of the early season 1 episodes were a little weak. I think it really took off at "A Human Reaction". That episode is totally awesome. It's what Home could only hope to be. And generally speaking, the John/Aeryn ship was ship done well.

My mom got me into Farscape (although she wanted John to end up with Gilina. She didn't like Aeryn.) Then Farscape is what got me into SG1 which led to SGA. So, thanks mom! OT
                          Spoiler:
                          Last night she asked me "where's Gertrude?" I said "mom, that's YOU!" She was thinking about my aunt. Oh, mom.

Comment

I am a Scaper too and J&A remind me of J&E because they are a relationship of equals too

sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I'm a huge Farscape fan. And John Crichton and Aeryn Sun is one of the few couples that I'm actively a fan of other than Sparky, but I don't really see the pairs as all that similar; especially Aeryn and Elizabeth. John and uh.. John are sort of similar in concept but I'm not sure it goes too much further than that.

I adore Pilot! I am rewatching season 1 and DNA Mad Scientist - where they do something so horrible to Pilot. Oh, I felt such pain for him! *wibbles*
                              I think "The Way We Weren't" in Season 2 was when the show was showed the saddest things happening to Pilot. I think it was easily one of the best episodes of the show, or it was one of my favorites at least.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

True facts, that.

Very true!

Please don't leave us, men of the thread. We can't help ourselves sometimes.

Here's some wet Elizabeth for you.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]31533[/ATTACH]
                                I imagine that'll bring our buddy PK running over here!

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                I am a Scaper too and J&A remind me of J&E because they are a relationship of equals too

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...rkyTOR11-1.jpg
                                poundpuppy! Haven't seen you much lately, how've you been?

John and Elizabeth look so gosh darn CUTE in that shot.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X