Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I never have understood the people who say she went too far with Kav. There they were trying desperately to save a jumper full of some of their best people and he gets all full of himself. I don't think she was harsh enough. I'd have thrown him over the balcony. But then we know she couldn't please certain people no matter what she did. I just wish John could have seen her. Maybe someone told him about it later. I can see him teasing her about going all bad***.
    i'm still kinda curious as what John was going to say to Elizabeth in that episode and i'm sure it wasn't going to be " i was going to say take care of each other"

Comment

I'm not dead. I didn't have Internet but now I'm back. Or I will try to be back.lol
      I miss you, guys.
      Did I miss something?
      I see there is a new game.
      I'm lost.lol
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hiya, Probie! We've been missing you! *huggles*

I never have understood the people who say she went too far with Kav. There they were trying desperately to save a jumper full of some of their best people and he gets all full of himself. I don't think she was harsh enough. I'd have thrown him over the balcony. But then we know she couldn't please certain people no matter what she did.
        Death to the IOA! AHAHAHAH!

Oh wait, were you talking about someone else?

I just wish John could have seen her. Maybe someone told him about it later. I can see him teasing her about going all bad***.
        Did I just see a plot bunny hop by? LOL!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, I'm here to tell you I just finished reading the first chapter of First Year and whooee! we are in for a treat. Don't get too excited because the beta process is just beginning and the whole ep isn't finished, but I'm telling you it will be well worth the wait. Good job, Erin. Can't wait for more. I got so wrapped up, I forgot to look for errors.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Just got done with my own initial read-through of the first chapter of First Year. In a word... AWESOME! This is shaping up to be a fantastic adventure story in the tradition of classic Atlantis at its finest. SR is right, this one will be well worth the wait!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hi Probie!!

Thanks, Falcon, for doing this. Some sugar for you.
              sugar.jpg

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              *drumroll please*

The 20 Most Romantic Moments of Stargate Atlantis:

1. Elizabeth hugs John when he returns from his suicide mission to destroy a Wraith ship - The Siege 3 (5)
              2. Ronon at Teyla's bedside - Echoes (3)
              3. John carries Elizabeth to the infirmary - Echoes (2)
              4. John breaks quarantine to save Elizabeth - The Real World (2)
              5. Teyla and Kanaan at home with Torren - Broken Ties (2)
              6. Sheppard & Chaya picnic - Sanctuary (1)
              7. John giving Elizabeth a birthday gift - Before I Sleep (1)
              8. John and Elizabeth staring during a meeting - Misbegotten (1)
              9. Sheppard and Weir Kiss - The Long Goodbye (1)
              10. Sheppard defending Weir's honor - Misbegotten (1)
              11. Carson and Perna - Poisoning the Well (1)
              12. Ronon comforting Teyla after she tells the team she's pregnant - Be All My Sins Remember'd (1)
              13. Sheppard agrees to play host to Thalan's consciousness - The Long Goodbye (1)
              14. Teyla is 'visited' in her dreams by her lover Kanaan - The Kindred I (1)
              15. Sheppard goes into Rambo-mode to avenge Weir's 'death' - The Eye (1)
              16. Cadman (in McKay's body) kisses Carson Beckett - Duet (1)
              17. Sheppard keeps looking over at Weir right before she faints - Echoes (1)
              18. Rodney staying at Katie's bedside - Quarantine (1)
              19. Laura in Rodney's body kissing Katie Brown - Duet (1)
              20. Intense glaring between John and Kate when deciding what to do about Michael - Michael (1)

Picspam I will leave to someone else for now!
              The bolded ones are the ones I picked. But if I'd remembered Kanaan I would have picked either 5 or 14 and given up on the picnic. But like I said, my brain tends to ignore non-Elizabeth episodes.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Next poll up - Most Dramatic Moment of Stargate Atlantis.
              Same rules apply - pick up to 5 favorite moments, at least 2 have to be non-Sparky. Send me your picks in PM.
              Deadline: Friday the 19th of August
              Hmmm... I'll have to think about this one. Interesting! Four have popped into my brain right away. I'll have to think about the fifth.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
              Got a nice dialogue only Sparky fic I wrote today for a challenge to share....it's called Start All Over

Spoiler:
              "I've been doing a lot of thinking."

"I didn't know you were that thoughtful."

"Funny, you know well I am more intelligent than I seem to be...but in all seriousness, I've been thinking about us...."

"I never thought we would be speaking about it again."

"Well Elizabeth, I think we should."

"As much as it pains me it was a neutral decision to go our separate ways in our relationship."

"And I regret that decision every single day.....and I can sense this nagging feeling you regret it as well."

"You're right Colonel, you are much smarter than you look....I do regret it, from the moment I wake up to when I fall back to sleep...what happened John we used to have such love for each other!"

"I found myself in trouble too many times to count and every time that happened you would wear yourself out worrying about me. By the time Kolya gave me as basically a steak dinner to his wraith......we were both at wits end. It didn't help neither of us did it?"

"Apparently not."

"So we can forget that ever happened and you know......maybe.....start over?"

"You mean date again?"

"Yeah......so....is it a yes or a no?"

"John, I've been waiting over a year to ask me such a question....of course I am saying yes."
              Interesting! I'm looking forward to more.

I loved your outburst and did something similar myself in the parking lot a few weeks ago after the Dolly Parton concert. A young man actually came and stood in between our car and the car in front of us in line waiting to get out. He was planning to hold a place so his buds could pull in front of us. I think a bit of beer was involved. I stuck my head out the window and gave him my best Brenda Lee Johnson (from The Closer) impression, ending with a "thank you so much". He slunk away, ashamed of himself. Mr. SR was planning to run over him if that hadn't worked. I have one of those redheaded moments every once in awhile.

And put me down as all for child free environments. But then we took SR Jr. everywhere and he never disturbed anyone. Does no one discipline their children anymore?

And to be a bit on topic, I can just see John and Elizabeth in such a situation. She would try diplomacy, be unfailingly polite and John would just threaten violence. I wonder what it would take to make her lose her temper when someone was being rude.
              LOL!! Go SR!! I think Elizabeth would lose her temper if John was threatened. She started shouting the first time John was fed on in Common Ground. I was reading an interesting fic about what could make Elizabeth use a gun, and it turned out to be John being in danger.

I never have understood the people who say she went too far with Kav. There they were trying desperately to save a jumper full of some of their best people and he gets all full of himself. I don't think she was harsh enough. I'd have thrown him over the balcony. But then we know she couldn't please certain people no matter what she did. I just wish John could have seen her. Maybe someone told him about it later. I can see him teasing her about going all bad***.
              Yeah I never understood that either. They were under a very tight time constraint and he was wasting time, as was Halling. I would have loved John to overhear what Kav said to her in Critical Mass. I think he would have slugged the guy. Another interesting fic I just read involved Kav getting revenge on Elizabeth by torturing John. I tell ya, whumpers can do some horrible things to our duo. I love it.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Just got done with my own initial read-through of the first chapter of First Year. In a word... AWESOME! This is shaping up to be a fantastic adventure story in the tradition of classic Atlantis at its finest. SR is right, this one will be well worth the wait!
              Yippee!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm having the same problem. All the yummy Ronon/Teyla moments seem to be less scripted, more pure actor chemistry.
                Remember the good ol' days when we actually had hope they were going with Sparky and Spanky? Especially after Echoes which was chock full of both.

I came up with 2 non-Sparky moments that I thought were romantic. Both were sweet and intimate and one involved an actual family *hinthint*. I can think of one also that was obviously scripted to be romantic with all the bells and whistles but fell flat as a day old pancake. So, it's all in the perception.
                Love to do this poll, but probably somewhere else, yes?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                I did that once to a kid in church. Well, I didn't yell or swear but I turned around and told the kid to stop kicking the pew. The kid's parents were right there. That's what aggravated me more than anything. Kids are going to act out. I get that. But the parents should be trying to stop it.
                THIS.

Falcon, thanks for putting together the poll. Loved being reminded of some of the good stuff that has happened on our show.

Question regarding the dramatic moment poll. I can think of things I consider more angsty than dramatic. Can we do a separate poll for those moments?
                sigpic
                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post

<snip>

Question regarding the dramatic moment poll. I can think of things I consider more angsty than dramatic. Can we do a separate poll for those moments?
                  Your first sentence - *snort* Perhaps LJ?

Second sentence - that's a great idea! I can think of some awesome angsty moments that aren't really dramatic. Another poll!

I made this sig for the whump thread, but it fits here too.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! Wow, I'm the first to check in today? Where is everybody?

Yeah I never understood that either. They were under a very tight time constraint and he was wasting time, as was Halling. I would have loved John to overhear what Kav said to her in Critical Mass. I think he would have slugged the guy. Another interesting fic I just read involved Kav getting revenge on Elizabeth by torturing John. I tell ya, whumpers can do some horrible things to our duo. I love it.
                    *cackles* You and me both!

Remember the good ol' days when we actually had hope they were going with Sparky and Spanky? Especially after Echoes which was chock full of both.
                    Heh! Funny you should mention Echoes... for the romantic moments poll, I nearly chose the scene at the end where Ronon gives Teyla a wooden practice sword to whack him with if he falls asleep during meditation again. I always thought that was such an adorable moment.

I made this sig for the whump thread, but it fits here too.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...heartbreak.jpg
                    *wibbles* Poor, poor John!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! Wow, I'm the first to check in today? Where is everybody?

*cackles* You and me both!

Heh! Funny you should mention Echoes... for the romantic moments poll, I nearly chose the scene at the end where Ronon gives Teyla a wooden practice sword to whack him with if he falls asleep during meditation again. I always thought that was such an adorable moment.

*wibbles* Poor, poor John!
                      *staggers in* I'm here. Did I not post all day? I was busy doing my final pass on the first chapter of First Year. It just may have gotten better the second time.

Now I'm just back from a Brazilian steakhouse and too full to move any further. Mr. SR birthday week is about to kill me.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*staggers in* I'm here. Did I not post all day? I was busy doing my final pass on the first chapter of First Year. It just may have gotten better the second time.
                        Funny, dat. I just finished my second pass and sent it on back to Erin with my comments. Better the second time, indeed! This one is definitely worth the wait.

Now I'm just back from a Brazilian steakhouse and too full to move any further. Mr. SR birthday week is about to kill me.
                        Yum! Gee, and all I had was just a burger, fries and a chocolate shake.

Comment

Damn, you can hear crickets in here.

Echoes was so ridiculously Spanky! I can't believe no one told Carl Binder to stop it. I guess none of the others even saw the huge sparks flying there. They're so oblivious. Poor Carl, he wrote such great ship but the others were too stupid to roll with it.

Stop making me hungry!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Damn, you can hear crickets in here.
                            Ain't that the truth?

Echoes was so ridiculously Spanky! I can't believe no one told Carl Binder to stop it. I guess none of the others even saw the huge sparks flying there. They're so oblivious. Poor Carl, he wrote such great ship but the others were too stupid to roll with it.
                            Hee! I love Echoes so much! It's such a great team episode where everyone gets to shine.

Stop making me hungry!!
                            Mmm... breakfast...

Comment

Hee! I love Echoes so much! It's such a great team episode where everyone gets to shine.
                              Yes, and it even had 3 women together talking with no men around. Shocking thing for Stargate.

Besides the Sparky and Spanky, it had some nice John/Rodney friendship. There's Ronon/Zelenka interaction too! And there's Rodney/Whale. When they had Rodney afraid of whales in Doppelganger, I had to headdesk. These people clearly don't watch their own show.

Mmm... breakfast...
                              I had a really good hamburger yesterday. Yummy! I don't know what they added to it that gave it the great taste, but it was delicious. If Kris is hanging around, sorry but I'm a total carnivore.

Comment

Yes, and it even had 3 women together talking with no men around. Shocking thing for Stargate.

Besides the Sparky and Spanky, it had some nice John/Rodney friendship. There's Ronon/Zelenka interaction too! And there's Rodney/Whale. When they had Rodney afraid of whales in Doppelganger, I had to headdesk. These people clearly don't watch their own show.
                                Yeah, what was up with Rodney being afraid of the whale? Sheesh.

That whole opening bit with a sulky Ronon whining about how Radek's experiment totally ruined his hunting was hilarious!

I had a really good hamburger yesterday. Yummy! I don't know what they added to it that gave it the great taste, but it was delicious. If Kris is hanging around, sorry but I'm a total carnivore.
                                Me, I just had an In-N-Out cheeseburger. Mustard fried with grilled onions. Gotta love the Secret Menu. Carnivores unite!

Comment

Working...
                                X