Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    I screamed at him with Molly in my arms. I was furious and I haven't been getting along with him to begin with cause of his anti semetic slurs in front of me and my modern orthodox friends. For example he touches the girls (taps them) who choose not to be touched by any man other than their husband purposely and the fact he tried to set me up with a 16 year old boy
    that kid needs to be straighten out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      Well I got a free lunch outta it so I'm not complaining. NOTE: this is my 4900 Post.
      Congrats. They really do add up, don't they?

Don't worry, Shep fans. We won't touch teh hair with a 10 foot pole. Though I have heard that sometimes fans get invited to touch it. I'd definitely go for that. Maybe someone who's going to the French con can say "Oh my, your hair looks soft." Hinthint.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Don't remind me on how much I wanna touch the Flanigan's hair
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Congrats. They really do add up, don't they?

Don't worry, Shep fans. We won't touch teh hair with a 10 foot pole. Though I have heard that sometimes fans get invited to touch it. I'd definitely go for that. Maybe someone who's going to the French con can say "Oh my, your hair looks soft." Hinthint.
          That makes me think of Erin87's story Untamable, or, a tale of John Sheppard's hair

Night Sparkies!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            Don't remind me on how much I wanna touch the Flanigan's hair
            I just want to meet him someday. SR says he's even hotter in person.

Ok, now really, nighty night!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Okay - so I'll be polling you all!

Send me a PM with your personal top 5 of Most Romantic Moments in Stargate Atlantis.

However, at least 2 of those moments have to be non-Sparky which leaves 3 Sparky moments.

You have till thursday - say 10 pm (GMT+1) to send me your PM's after which I'll post the results.
              So I'm trying to come up with the 2 non-Sparky ones and I've come to the conclusion that either it's been too long since I've watched the show OR it's not very romantic. At. All. Actually it's probably that the writers were bad at showing it. Yeah, that's gotta be it because I can ship a lot of couples on this show, but that's due to the actors' chemistry.

Regarding Eureka's cancellation, isn't it ironic that the major networks seem to be embracing sci-fi and fantasy while SyFy soon won't be living up to its name.
              sigpic
              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Blank my blankety-blank blanking computer! It's back to it's old blanking blue screen of blanking death tricks AGAIN! AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

So now I'm back on my iPad. *clings desperately*

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                So I'm trying to come up with the 2 non-Sparky ones and I've come to the conclusion that either it's been too long since I've watched the show OR it's not very romantic. At. All. Actually it's probably that the writers were bad at showing it. Yeah, that's gotta be it because I can ship a lot of couples on this show, but that's due to the actors' chemistry.
                I'm having the same problem. All the yummy Ronon/Teyla moments seem to be less scripted, more pure actor chemistry.

Regarding Eureka's cancellation, isn't it ironic that the major networks seem to be embracing sci-fi and fantasy while SyFy soon won't be living up to its name.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  I just want to meet him someday. SR says he's even hotter in person.

Ok, now really, nighty night!
                  Indeed he is and teh hair is even more awesome. The whole back half of his head stands straight up. LOL

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Blank my blankety-blank blanking computer! It's back to it's old blanking blue screen of blanking death tricks AGAIN! AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

So now I'm back on my iPad. *clings desperately*

I'm having the same problem. All the yummy Ronon/Teyla moments seem to be less scripted, more pure actor chemistry.

Do you play games on your computer? That's the one thing that screws up my Mac. I have to repair permissions and restart every time. Also, get rid of anything wireless, like a keyboard or mouse. Sometimes those things cause problems. Mr. SR says you may have a trojan virus in the boot sector. It hides there and reappears later. Somebody has to go in there and find it, but it could be about a half dozen things. Time to call in the Geek squad he thinks.

I came up with 2 non-Sparky moments that I thought were romantic. Both were sweet and intimate and one involved an actual family *hinthint*. I can think of one also that was obviously scripted to be romantic with all the bells and whistles but fell flat as a day old pancake. So, it's all in the perception.
                  sigpic

Comment

I came up with 2 non-Sparky moments that I thought were romantic. Both were sweet and intimate and one involved an actual family *hinthint*. I can think of one also that was obviously scripted to be romantic with all the bells and whistles but fell flat as a day old pancake. So, it's all in the perception.
                    Oh, shoot! I know what you're hinting at. That's a good one! I should have picked that one. My brain tends to ignore the non-Elizabeth S4/S5 episodes.

One of the two non-Sparky ones I picked was from the list. I didn't *like* it, but it was romantic. The other wasn't really obviously romantic, but I found it romantic.

Comment

One last post on teh hair. Pics Mr. SR took in Chicago last year for an illustration that it was in rare form that day. The black background was problematic. Hopefully, lightening the pics help. Still not like seeing it in 3-D. This was in the morning. Late in the day, I swear it was standing up more, but alas no pics in the signing line.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

FYI - I won't ask for it and I won't do it -touching Flan-hair I mean... ...Although on second though... I would be worshipped as a goddess for having touched the sacred hair.

No - I'm just gonna say hi, or something that resembles a hi... more likely closer to a squeek than a hi.

Most of what I have found in my inbox so far is rather similar as far as moments go... and then I'm not just talking about the Sparky moments.

LOL, now that you're mentioning it...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Indeed he is and teh hair is even more awesome. The whole back half of his head stands straight up. LOL
                          I can second that observation.

Do you play games on your computer? That's the one thing that screws up my Mac. I have to repair permissions and restart every time. Also, get rid of anything wireless, like a keyboard or mouse. Sometimes those things cause problems. Mr. SR says you may have a trojan virus in the boot sector. It hides there and reappears later. Somebody has to go in there and find it, but it could be about a half dozen things. Time to call in the Geek squad he thinks.
                          The only games I play are the Microsoft-created solitaire and mahjong games that came preinstalled with the computer, and Unreal Tournament (though I haven't played that in months, well before this mess started). Not using any wireless stuff. I don't know about a virus; I've always been pretty rabid about computer security, so I'm not sure how a virus would've gotten in, but I suppose it's possible. At this point, I'm ready to just throw in the towel and try reverting to the factory image and then staying on Vista and not installing the Windows 7 upgrade. If that doesn't do it, to the Geek Squad I go.

In-very-deed. Which reminds me, I need to send off my list to FH.

FYI - I won't ask for it and I won't do it -touching Flan-hair I mean... ...Although on second though... I would be worshipped as a goddess for having touched the sacred hair.

No - I'm just gonna say hi, or something that resembles a hi... more likely closer to a squeek than a hi.
                          Heehee!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

What're the odds: OT

Spoiler:
                            Just back from seeing Captain America. Seven people in the theater and a woman with 2 little kids comes and sits on our row. They proceed to talk all through the movie and jump on the seats. Luckily, the movie was loud. And great, by the way.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Just back from seeing Captain America. Seven people in the theater and a woman with 2 little kids comes and sits on our row. They proceed to talk all through the movie and jump on the seats. Luckily, the movie was loud. And great, by the way.
                              I don't know if this works for Captain America, but continuing on the OT...

Spoiler:
                              ...When we went to see the Brothers Grimm a few years ago, there were two girls sitting in our row who were chatting like they were at a bar. One had a large coke in hand, the other a large can of popcorn. My best friend was sitting right next to them. Each and every person around them started to get more and more annoyed as the movie went on until I had enough.

You know how when music and sound in a film drops to silence that something's going to jump out or something scary is going to happen. Well unfortunately for the people behind the two girls I chose that very moment to yell at them to shut the hell up. The large coke and the large popcorn went up in the air... but believe me it was very silent at once.

Oh, and you can still send in your lists... for I have a Teyla-thing-a-thon to finish first...which is due... last week.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm glad we're not discussing our votes for romantic moments because we'd probably be influenced by each other. For example, if I'd seen SR's hint then I would have picked that one too.

One last post on teh hair. Pics Mr. SR took in Chicago last year for an illustration that it was in rare form that day. The black background was problematic. Hopefully, lightening the pics help. Still not like seeing it in 3-D. This was in the morning. Late in the day, I swear it was standing up more, but alas no pics in the signing line.

Spoiler:

His poor, poor mother. Beyond him acting up, even his HAIR wouldn't behave.

Spoiler:
                                I read an article about places having kid free areas like in movies and restaurants. I think that's a brilliant idea. One of my friends with kids was horrified at the suggestion. For the movie theater, it wasn't like they were banning kids altogether. It was only certain showings. And restaurants, I have no problem with that either. If I'm going to get all dressed up and shell out big $$ for a fancy meal then I don't want an obnoxious 3 year old next to me. But perhaps that's my single and childless state showing.

I don't know if this works for Captain America, but continuing on the OT...

Spoiler:
                                ...When we went to see the Brothers Grimm a few years ago, there were two girls sitting in our row who were chatting like they were at a bar. One had a large coke in hand, the other a large can of popcorn. My best friend was sitting right next to them. Each and every person around them started to get more and more annoyed as the movie went on until I had enough.

You know how when music and sound in a film drops to silence that something's going to jump out or something scary is going to happen. Well unfortunately for the people behind the two girls I chose that very moment to yell at them to shut the hell up. The large coke and the large popcorn went up in the air... but believe me it was very silent at once.

Oh, and you can still send in your lists... for I have a Teyla-thing-a-thon to finish first...which is due... last week.
                                Then on the other hand, not only children are obnoxious. Go Falcon!

Hmm.. I think I should watch The Eye tonight. Some wet Shep, some wet Lizzie, some hand holding. Good times.

Comment

Working...
                                X