Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I had plenty to choose from.

(and even found one of my cat that I posted in this thread when she was but a wee little kitten)

Or the leading man is afraid of the backlash when dropping the leading lady unceremoniously to the ground. It's a case of self-preservation.

Thank you.
    I remember when Torri talked about being a healthy Welsh girl or something. I know Joe must have good upper body strength from all that surfing, but she's tall. You could tell he was struggling. I hope someone asks about that scene in France.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      And this is a bad thing?
      I concur, the fact she's one and loves sparky without watching SGA is a great sign
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Thanks to both of you. I've gotten a few comments from people who
        Spoiler:
        end up feeling sorry for Sue. I think I may have created a new ship.

I had plenty to choose from.

(and even found one of my cat that I posted in this thread when she was but a wee little kitten)
        Awwww! *pets the kitty and squees*

Or the leading man is afraid of the backlash when dropping the leading lady unceremoniously to the ground. It's a case of self-preservation.
        That, too.

I remember when Torri talked about being a healthy Welsh girl or something. I know Joe must have good upper body strength from all that surfing, but she's tall. You could tell he was struggling. I hope someone asks about that scene in France.
        Indeed! Where's our HalfWay Con strike team?

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        I concur, the fact she's one and loves sparky without watching SGA is a great sign
        Gotta start 'em young.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

No, SK, it's not just you. There was a lot of discussion of how shippy HZ was. It was the first time John called her Elizabeth and they both were unwilling to endanger the other. Personally, aside from the first name thing, I didn't think it was all that shippy. You could spin it as concern for the "boss" or for the "military commander". But since TS/TE had personalized their relationship so much, a lot of fans saw the ship.

When was this poll done? Was it after TRW?

Now that you mention it, I think I remember him, but I don't have time to look for a screencap.
          The poll was in the May 2007 magazine. TRW aired in August, 2006. Just scanning the other polls, the latest episode I could see from season 3 was McKay & Mrs. Miller which is 2 episodes past TRW. So it appears people would have seen it in time to include it in the polls, but just barely. Probably not enough time for it to get enough votes would be my guess.
          sigpic
          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Thank you.
            Your welcome.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              The poll was in the May 2007 magazine. TRW aired in August, 2006. Just scanning the other polls, the latest episode I could see from season 3 was McKay & Mrs. Miller which is 2 episodes past TRW. So it appears people would have seen it in time to include it in the polls, but just barely. Probably not enough time for it to get enough votes would be my guess.
              Very interesting. I would love to see that poll redone today. I'm betting his grief for her in Adrift, the Lifeline "go" scene, begging her to stay in TMC and the last scene in GitM would make it this time. While not romantic in the true sense of the word, those scenes all invoked romantic feelings in people. And let's not forget the most romantic imagery of all, when he carried her to the infirmary in Echoes. Putting all these together with the poll, we really got a lot of romantic moments, didn't we? And no matter what TPTB said, they went on for all 5 seasons.
              sigpic

Comment

You could do a poll like that here... although it would probably end up really biased...

BUT you could restrict it to 5 different moments and it has to have at least 2 non Sheppard/Weir moments or something.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You could do a poll like that here... although it would probably end up really biased...

BUT you could restrict it to 5 different moments and it has to have at least 2 non Sheppard/Weir moments or something.
                  Maybe a braver person than I could do that poll. Do you remember what happened the last time a ship poll was done?

I remember in the really old days when some website did an SGA ship poll and for a while there we thought we had broken the interwebz.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Hope you're all enjoying this Lazy Sunday... me, I'm just trying to come up with evil ideas for getting back at stupid arseholes who throw drunken orgies at 3am two nights in a row.

Very interesting. I would love to see that poll redone today. I'm betting his grief for her in Adrift, the Lifeline "go" scene, begging her to stay in TMC and the last scene in GitM would make it this time. While not romantic in the true sense of the word, those scenes all invoked romantic feelings in people. And let's not forget the most romantic imagery of all, when he carried her to the infirmary in Echoes. Putting all these together with the poll, we really got a lot of romantic moments, didn't we? And no matter what TPTB said, they went on for all 5 seasons.
                    Oh, there'd be a lot of stuff to post in such a poll. There's just one problem...

This. Someone, somewhere would probably try to take it over and push an unrealistic agenda.

I remember in the really old days when some website did an SGA ship poll and for a while there we thought we had broken the interwebz.
                    Hah! I would've loved to have seen that!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I actually meant in this thread... hence why it would be biased.

Of course, it's near impossible to so such a thing on GW in general - it would turn into a massacre. Not every side of the fandom is as tolerant as the Sparky side.

Comment

I actually meant in this thread... hence why it would be biased.
                        Ah! Well, that's the good kind of bias.

Of course, it's near impossible to so such a thing on GW in general - it would turn into a massacre. Not every side of the fandom is as tolerant as the Sparky side.
                        Ain't that the truth.

Comment

Okay - so I'll be polling you all!

Send me a PM with your personal top 5 of Most Romantic Moments in Stargate Atlantis.

However, at least 2 of those moments have to be non-Sparky which leaves 3 Sparky moments.

You have till thursday - say 10 pm (GMT+1) to send me your PM's after which I'll post the results.

Comment

Send me a PM with your personal top 5 of Most Romantic Moments in Stargate Atlantis.

However, at least 2 of those moments have to be non-Sparky which leaves 3 Sparky moments.

You have till thursday - say 10 pm (GMT+1) to send me your PM's after which I'll post the results.
                            Ooh, fun!! Thanks little lemming of ours!

Comment

do you want us to give you an explanation on why we chose those particular romantic moments?

Comment

*salutes* You're on! *scurries off to prepare list*

Comment

Working...
                                X