No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey do you guys remember this commerical for Season 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      hey do you guys remember this commerical for Season 2? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Vjn..._order&list=UL
      I wasn't around for that, so, no.

Very cool!! Surprising they would do a commercial with them like that, seeing how they weren't "the ship".

Before I start my sig making, I had to pop in the commentary of Coup.

Gero - Are they going... what do you think... you think they hook up at the end off screen with this episode?
      Wood - Well you should see them as soon as I say cut they just dive into each other's arms
      Gero - They're all over each other
      Wood - Yeah, yeah, they just can't keep their hands off each other
      Hewlett - laughs

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Thanks for letting me know. I assumed the book would be better, because, well, books usually are. I'm just hoping that Snape gets the moment he deserves. He's probably my favorite character in the whole series. And I adore Alan Rickman (fell in love with him in that Robin Hood movie, fell MORE in love with him in Sense and Sensibility).

Now that I know about the special effects issues, I'll be looking for them.

Well, I need a good screen cap of the Sparky kiss for a new sig (I'll probably get my behind booted off the whump thread if I post it there. Hmm... maybe I'll put it in spoilers and warn them. Then they can't kill me, right?). So I'm rewatching TLG. For... research *cough*.
        No you won't be booted off the Whump thread you silly! We love all artwork!!! Post away. Can't wait to see it.
        sigpic

Comment

Ooh, good time to check in. We hit 111000 posts!!! Woo Hoo!

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OMFG, 111,000 posts! Huzzah!

Ok, last post about TLG.

I love how John knows Elizabeth has woken up. He then starts playing with the PDA. But if he'd been engrossed in the PDA and not gazing at Elizabeth's sleeping form then he wouldn't have known she was waking.

And then him teasing "especially when you shot Ronon." Why don't you just pull on her pigtails while you're at it, John!
            LMAO! John is just so darn obvious, isn't he? You're not fooling us, Sheppard!

I wasn't around for that, so, no.

Very cool!! Surprising they would do a commercial with them like that, seeing how they weren't "the ship".

Before I start my sig making, I had to pop in the commentary of Coup.

Gero - Are they going... what do you think... you think they hook up at the end off screen with this episode?
            Wood - Well you should see them as soon as I say cut they just dive into each other's arms
            Gero - They're all over each other
            Wood - Yeah, yeah, they just can't keep their hands off each other
            Hewlett - laughs
            I'd say Hewlett got it, considering he and his wife dressed up as Sheppard and Weir (and dressed up their infant son as McKay) for a Fourth of July parade he was grand marshal of a couple of years ago. What was it you said earlier about Rodney being a Sparky shipper? LOL!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Oh wow, that is so great. The excitement is going to heat up again soon. And I'm glad TBaF is up and done. *dusts hands*

We saw Cowboys & Aliens today, and if anyone is thinking about going, don't miss it. It was extremely enjoyable. The aliens reminded us a bit of the Wraith at first. Warning though, it's very violent. But has good humor and great characters.
              Awesome! I can't wait to see it! Though it sounds like taking my 7 year old nephew is out of the question. I'll just have to wrangle up some of my older friends.

I can't believe you have so many followers for Rising on Twitter now. You guys ROCK!!!

Yeah, I figured Snape's story would be simplified. There was no way they could get all that info into the movie. I borrowed the 7th movie DVD from a friend and watched the deleted scenes. I can't believe they deleted the 2 scenes with the Dursleys!! They should have kept those!! In fact, when I watched that movie for the first time I was sad they didn't include the scene with Dudley and Harry. Grrrr.
              I'm still watching TLG and drooling over how HOT Joe and Torri are in this episode.

Hey guys, lookie lookie 111,000 posts!!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]31236[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31237[/ATTACH]
              Thanks for letting me know. I assumed the book would be better, because, well, books usually are. I'm just hoping that Snape gets the moment he deserves. He's probably my favorite character in the whole series. And I adore Alan Rickman (fell in love with him in that Robin Hood movie, fell MORE in love with him in Sense and Sensibility).

Now that I know about the special effects issues, I'll be looking for them.

Well, I need a good screen cap of the Sparky kiss for a new sig (I'll probably get my behind booted off the whump thread if I post it there. Hmm... maybe I'll put it in spoilers and warn them. Then they can't kill me, right?). So I'm rewatching TLG. For... research *cough*.
              I adore Alan Rickman and my greatest expectation in this movie was for Snape, and I wasn't at all disappointed. There was only one tiny part I hated was missing, but if you've been watching the movies you know it was a memory left out of OOTP as well-- or at least one not gone into detail--and so they can't really include it in the pensieve moments in DH, Pt II. But they do an incredible job explaining Severus and Alan Rickman just basically pwns everyone in the film with his acting job in those few brief scenes.

For the rest of it, it was great. Though they did change up quite a bit and a few of the moments that book lovers traditionally relish were sort of downplayed or changed for the film. One or two times I was vaguely irritated but overall I thought it was phenomenal. If you accepted early on the movies were their own creative license with the story, you'll be pleased, I think.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                Awesome! I can't wait to see it! Though it sounds like taking my 7 year old nephew is out of the question. I'll just have to wrangle up some of my older friends.
                No no no, this movie is definitely not for kids.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

And... I've got nothing. How're all of you? LOL!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    LMAO! John is just so darn obvious, isn't he? You're not fooling us, Sheppard!
                    He's completely obvious! I still adore the way his voice breaks after Phebus promises to be "discreet". Nice job, Joe!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    I'd say Hewlett got it, considering he and his wife dressed up as Sheppard and Weir (and dressed up their infant son as McKay) for a Fourth of July parade he was grand marshal of a couple of years ago. What was it you said earlier about Rodney being a Sparky shipper? LOL!
                    I saw those pictures. That was too awesome. Another vote for the "John and Lizzie as mom and dad of the Atlantis expedition" school of thought.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    adore Alan Rickman and my greatest expectation in this movie was for Snape, and I wasn't at all disappointed. There was only one tiny part I hated was missing, but if you've been watching the movies you know it was a memory left out of OOTP as well-- or at least one not gone into detail--and so they can't really include it in the pensieve moments in DH, Pt II. But they do an incredible job explaining Severus and Alan Rickman just basically pwns everyone in the film with his acting job in those few brief scenes.

For the rest of it, it was great. Though they did change up quite a bit and a few of the moments that book lovers traditionally relish were sort of downplayed or changed for the film. One or two times I was vaguely irritated but overall I thought it was phenomenal. If you accepted early on the movies were their own creative license with the story, you'll be pleased, I think.
                    Ok, I know what scene you're talking about in OOTP. Yeah, since they didn't include that scene there, they couldn't very well do it in this one. Gotcha. About the movies, yeah you can't expect the books and the movies to be the same. What movie adaptions really follow the original book, anyway? I can't think of any that followed the book precisely.

Comment

Oh yeah, one more thought. Remember back when we were thinking of songs for the soundtrack of SGA Rising? Well, I think Sue really needs a sad country song.

Comment

He's completely obvious! I still adore the way his voice breaks after Phebus promises to be "discreet". Nice job, Joe!
                        Heeheehee! It's like he's totally ready to faint in squeerific glee at the thought of getting to get it on with Lizzeh. Even if they are possessed by aliens.

I saw those pictures. That was too awesome. Another vote for the "John and Lizzie as mom and dad of the Atlantis expedition" school of thought.
                        And it's from a member of the cast! Now if that doesn't say that Sparky has made it, I don't know what will!

Oh yeah, one more thought. Remember back when we were thinking of songs for the soundtrack of SGA Rising? Well, I think Sue really needs a sad country song.
                        OMG. She totally does need one! Any suggestions?

Comment

Hey everybody. Miss me? Of course not.

I'm watching SyFy right now, and I'm not sure if I'm watching a Firefly marathon or "Serenity", but I'm enjoying it nonetheless!

Especially the Kaylee/Simon line where he basically says I regret not sleeping with you, and lil mild Kaylee goes "The hell with this, I'm gonna live!"

ROFLMBO!!!

So can any Firefly fans tell me what that is from???

I go back to work in two weeks, so I'm gonna try and get my fics caught up. Yes, I know I keep saying that, but RL keeps taking precedence. Sorry.

Back in a bit!!!

EDIT: So it came back from a commercial and said it was "Serenity". I love Nathan Fillion!!!
                          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 01 August 2011, 12:51 PM. Reason: Never mind, I found it. :D

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            Especially the Kaylee/Simon line where he basically says I regret not sleeping with you, and lil mild Kaylee goes "The hell with this, I'm gonna live!"

ROFLMBO!!!
                            I prefer the line in the bar where she talks about the whole twixt my nethers... and Mal is horrified while Jane would love to hear some more. I don't know if you've seen that part but it's after Simon has left the ship. And the one about "Don't ride in anything that has a capison 38. They fall right outa the sky." - Jewel did that line during a convention once and made the whole room cheer.

EDIT: So it came back from a commercial and said it was "Serenity". I love Nathan Fillion!!!
                            If you haven't seen Firefly - I reccommend you should. It's worth it!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              I prefer the line in the bar where she talks about the whole twixt my nethers... and Mal is horrified while Jane would love to hear some more. I don't know if you've seen that part but it's after Simon has left the ship. And the one about "Don't ride in anything that has a capison 38. They fall right outa the sky." - Jewel did that line during a convention once and made the whole room cheer.
                              Bwahahaha! Oh, that is so cool!

I second that! Though SW, if you've seen Serenity without seeing Firefly first, well, once you do start watching Firefly you'll realize that Serenity has a couple of nasty shocks in store for our Big Damn Heroes. (and note that I say this as someone who also saw Serenity before seeing Firefly first. )

Comment

Hey everybody. Miss me? Of course not.

I'm watching SyFy right now, and I'm not sure if I'm watching a Firefly marathon or "Serenity", but I'm enjoying it nonetheless!

ROFLMBO!!!

So can any Firefly fans tell me what that is from???

I go back to work in two weeks, so I'm gonna try and get my fics caught up. Yes, I know I keep saying that, but RL keeps taking precedence. Sorry.

Back in a bit!!!

My favorite line is "I swallowed a bug".
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X