No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take full credit for creating that monster...

*bows with a flourish*

Great sigs!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      I take full credit for creating that monster...

*bows with a flourish*

Great sigs!
      You big enabler, you!!

ps - don't worry, I won't use my sig in the other threads

Comment

Use your sigs where ever and when ever you want.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Pocus has me in the sig making mood. Here's a Sparky one I just made:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...f?t=1311643443

Here's a John/Elizabeth/Rodney friendship one:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ends-sig-1.gif
          Pocus, you've created a monster!!
          Love those. You do good work. And thanks to Pocus for creating you. That's something we don't have enough of here, art. What with all the work on SGA-R, most of us don't have any time to be artistic. I've forgotten everything I learned about Photoshop. In my own case, I get intimidated by the elaborate wonderful work some people do and forget that the simple ones are just as effective.

On another subject, I was amazed and disappointed last year when the JF meet and greet in Chicago went for over $1000. Mr. SR made me stop bidding at $500 I just learned that this year's went for $1675. The other guests were all in the low hundreds. Our boy is sure worth a lot to some fans with very deep pockets.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

FH good to see you. *Pulls out sack-o-sugar* I'll admit, I had to look up Hadrian's Wall. But it sounds like something I'd like to see. We do lack media in our forum. Like sparky movies!!!! I'm working nights so off to bed!
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              FH good to see you. *Pulls out sack-o-sugar* I'll admit, I had to look up Hadrian's Wall. But it sounds like something I'd like to see.
              I'll be sure to post a link to wherever I'll upload my images, so there will be more to see.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just to prove my own point about simple artwork, I did this little wallpaper. I love using song lyrics and just recently found this song. This takes only the most simple understanding of Photoshop. The fanciest thing I used was the dodge tool. LOL

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Well done on the WP!

Comment

forgot that today was the release of the Atlantis Blu-Ray DVD Collection. anybody get theirs?

Comment

I have a question - a friend of mine just asked me what he could get Torri when he's meeting her in october (local convention a week before the Marseille one). It has to be something that he can make out of wood (and the SGA logo is already made so it can't be that). Something that would fit her or her personality maybe?

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/abracahpocus/Atlantis/Sparky/jshep421.jpg

John: If only she would bend forward just a little bit.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ky/3324i0l.jpg

John:I wonder if she saw me looking. Stay cool, John. You got this.
                        Liz: Are his ears pointed?
                        OMFG. Pre-smut innuendo. Love it!

Those are gorgeous, JT!

Love those. You do good work. And thanks to Pocus for creating you. That's something we don't have enough of here, art. What with all the work on SGA-R, most of us don't have any time to be artistic. I've forgotten everything I learned about Photoshop. In my own case, I get intimidated by the elaborate wonderful work some people do and forget that the simple ones are just as effective.
                        I want to do some artwork for SGA Rising. Already have a couple of ideas for my episode in the second half, What Dreams May Come, but they're a bit complicated. Broken glass/mirrors are tricksy.

On another subject, I was amazed and disappointed last year when the JF meet and greet in Chicago went for over $1000. Mr. SR made me stop bidding at $500 I just learned that this year's went for $1675. The other guests were all in the low hundreds. Our boy is sure worth a lot to some fans with very deep pockets.
                        Whoa.

Just to prove my own point about simple artwork, I did this little wallpaper. I love using song lyrics and just recently found this song. This takes only the most simple understanding of Photoshop. The fanciest thing I used was the dodge tool. LOL

Squee! Angsty squee, but SQUEE!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        forgot that today was the release of the Atlantis Blu-Ray DVD Collection. anybody get theirs?
                        Got my notice from Amazon that it shipped today. ETA is Friday.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I have a question - a friend of mine just asked me what he could get Torri when he's meeting her in october (local convention a week before the Marseille one). It has to be something that he can make out of wood (and the SGA logo is already made so it can't be that). Something that would fit her or her personality maybe?
                        Huh. That's a bit of a tough one. Only thing I can think of is something for her dog, LOL!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Huh. That's a bit of a tough one. Only thing I can think of is something for her dog, LOL!
                          Was thinking the same thing...

Comment

Thanks for the compliment!

Holy crap that's a lot of money! I love Joe, but c'mon that's just nuts.

Spoiler:
                            Ooh super pretty! Can I use it for my home desktop? Pretty please? Hell, like you can stop me.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Maybe the symbols in her co-exist shirt? I think that's it.... with the religious symbols all connected or something.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Those are gorgeous, JT!

I want to do some artwork for SGA Rising. Already have a couple of ideas for my episode in the second half, What Dreams May Come, but they're a bit complicated. Broken glass/mirrors are tricksy.
                            Thanks SK! Yeah, broken mirrors would be quite tricky!!

Comment

Maybe the symbols in her co-exist shirt? I think that's it.... with the religious symbols all connected or something.
                              Mmm... that is indeed a good idea.

Comment

Oy. Real life sucks!!!

Yay, more Sparky Sig monsters!!!

Ooooooh. Beautiful!!!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                                As I shift to nights tomorrow, I am up late. Aside from reading "A Clash of Kings" (I'm sure all the fan girls can't get enough of Jason Momoa walking around wearing only leather pants and a horse in the HBO series) I will keep reading the the online eps from y'all. And here's some Sir John and Lady Elizabeth.

Spoiler:

A large banner flapped in the wind over an old stone castle. The sunrise turned the white field a blazing shade of red. A grey eagle clutched a serpent to form the sigil of Lord Jack O’Neill, commander of Gaia's knights. Though dawn had just come, business was getting stale in the keep.

Lord O’Neill sat on his leather bound throne with a troubled look on his brow.

“Sir John is no friend to many of us,” Sir Cavanagh began. “He is too cool towards the rest of us knights. Arrogant to the extreme it would appear. And his japes are of the most obnoxious type. Ill-timed and sarcastic. I say let him stay lost on the far reaches of the stargate.”

Sir Evan Lorne could no longer listen to his friend’s name being smeared and quickly rose from his seat. “By brother knights, Sir John is brave and loyal. I fought at his side in many battles. And so have many of you. True, he may be a quiet fellow. I appreciate his wit in the heat of battle. Keeps minds away from fear and death. Whenever anyone tells Sir John, ‘You fought well today,’ he gives a heartfelt thank you and replies he was only doing his duty. To abandon him would be no less than abandoning our vows and our honor.”

“I do not know Sir John very well,” Sir Cameron stood as he addressed the room. “But whether we love or hate him, he is a sworn Knight of Gaia. It is our duty to rescue him.”

Sir Daniel removed his glasses as he moved to speak. “We must not forget Lady Elizabeth. She has served Gaia well. She may not fight with a pike and sword, but she sharpens the minds of our realm. And the mind is deadlier than any piece of steel…”

“I’ve heard enough of this,” Lord O’Neill tired of listening. “We will rescue Sir John and Lady Elizabeth. And you,” he turned to Sir Cavanagh, “What is your problem? Leave a brother behind! Did your honor slip away in the night riding your backbone?”

The great hall of Lord O’Neill broke in laughter as Sir Cavanagh’s face turned a bright red as he stomped out the great hall in shame.

In Atlantis…

“Sir John, I’d like you to meet Ronon,” Lady Elizabeth made the introductions.

“Nice to meet you Ronon,” Sir John extended his hand.

“Ronon not know if nice yet,” the ogre turned and began down the paved path again.

“I guess we’ll find out,” Sir John smiled; he appreciated the ogre’s honesty.

The group departed the ice palace and no Penguins of Unusual Size bothered them. The P.O.U.S.’s even cleared paths and bowed their heads in silent tribute to Lady Elizabeth for defeating Chaya. She would give a humble nod in return from atop her horse. Sir John was given his own stallion and he rode on the opposite side of Ronon next to Lady Elizabeth.

Night had fallen and the group stopped to make camp outside a small fishing town. Ronon had gone to hunt for game and John was preparing a fire for the night. Lady Elizabeth went to see if she could find any berries or nuts in the small forest that was a short walk away. The forest was old and tall; any treats the trees bore seemed nestled away in their high canopies.

“Well Ronon, you’re from this land. Can you think of anyone else who can help us defend the stargate,” Sir John asked as the fire’s warmth grew.

“Ronon not sure. Heard stories about wizard. Ronon not know if he would help.” The ogre spoke while he skinned a fawn for the night’s supper.

“Is he far from here?” John questioned.

“No. Two days by ship,” Ronon answered.

“No luck in the forest with food,” Lady Elizabeth rejoined her friends. “But I did manage to get a few fallen limbs for fire wood.” She placed a bundle of limbs down and sat next to Sir John.

“Thanks. Ronon and I were talking about how to find someone to help us get back home,” John informed Elizabeth. He enjoyed the way the fire danced around her features. The flames and shadows danced seductively along her lithe figure. And Sir John could not help but get lost in the reflection of the fire in her green eyes.

“Sir John,” Elizabeth’s voice turned grave, “I don’t think we can simply go home. These Asurans are terrible people. They already make war against other lands. When I was captive I saw their plan. The Asruans want Gaia as part of their empire.” Elizabeth hugged her knees remembering what Oberoth had shown.

“Did they hurt you?” Sir John asked. A tenderness mixed with quiet rage in his tone.

“No. But their magic linked our minds. I could feel the anger and fear and hate. And for a moment I wanted to raze the world asunder like they did.” Lady Elizabeth gazed emptily into to the fire while relating her tale.

“Ronon agree. Not let Asurans win Atlantis. Asurans evil people.” Ronon placed their deer on a makeshift spit over the fire.

“Ronon, would this wizard know how to stop them?” Sir John asked.

“Maybe. But not know if he would help.” Ronon replied.

“Sir John, we must not let them get control of the stargate.” Elizabeth warned.

“I know. If Lord O’Neill could bring the rest of the knights through the gate, we might have a chance against them.” Sir John’s mind whirled with strategy and war.

“Ronon saw ships. Need many strong ships too.” The ogre joined the war council.

“I don’t know if Captain Caldwell could raise an entire navy.” Lady Elizabeth shook her head while Ronon passed out the evening meal. “On land we might be able to stop them. But their navy would simply shell us into the ground.”

“Perhaps ‘Dame Admiral Elizabeth’ is more befitting,” Sir John tried to lighten the grave mood. “I made a new friend in the sulfur fields. If we could rally Neoptolemus and his dragons we could burn their navy as it sails.” Sir John took a large bite of deer as he imagined Atreus wreaking havoc on Asuran ships.

“Ronon say still need more men. Fight on water mean nothing if Asurans only fight us three,” Ronon chomped on his deer leg while he talked. “Ronon know wizard can make gate dial back to Gaia.”

“Then it’s settled. We find this wizard, help or no, we’ll try and bring Neoptolemus to our side. And then we defend the gate,” Sir John announced.

“Is there wizard powerful?” Torren clapped his hands together in excitement.

“Oh yes. Very powerful.” Teyla smiled.

“Is he brave and wise?” Torren questioned.

“As brave and wise as Grand Sorcerer Rodney can be,” Teyla kissed her son good night.
                                ROFLing!!! That was awesome! I caught onto the "Princess Bride" references, great job!!!

Watching a "Star Trek" movie marathon on SyFy. I'm amazed at the difference between "First Contact" and "Nemesis". "Nemesis" seems too scripted, too stiff. No wonder a lot of fans don't like it!

Ok, OT. Sorry. Anyhoodle, life's been crazy, finally got a chance to work today on my fics, and just uploaded an old Enterprise Trip/T'Pol fic on FFdotnet that I wrote when I was ... 17??? Anyhow, if anyone likes that ship, feel free to check it out!

And back to lurking ...
                                Last edited by ShipperWriter; 26 July 2011, 05:53 PM. Reason: 22 and I can't spell ... Yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X