No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to go with The Eye. You don't take out that many Genii and then act that relieved when their commander tells you he lied about killing someone. And who can forget their little talk before running up the stairs holding hands.

You Ok?

No.

You will be. Come on.

Before I forget, SR just read chapter 2 and I love the reference to my favorite Star Wars movie.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      I'd have to go with The Eye. You don't take out that many Genii and then act that relieved when their commander tells you he lied about killing someone. And who can forget their little talk before running up the stairs holding hands.

You Ok?

No.

You will be. Come on.
      This. The way that John went all Rambo to avenge Elizabeth in The Eye is what firmly cemented the ship for me.

I'd also have to add Adrift, Lifeline, TMC and GitM to that list. We may hate those episodes for taking Elizabeth away from us, but we love them for how John was constantly wearing his heart on his sleeve for her. On the verge of tears watching her surgery in Adrift, his vow to find her at the end of Lifeline (he said "I'll find her." Not "we." "I." It's personal to him.), trying to convince Clone!Elizabeth to come back to Atlantis in TMC, and of course, standing alone staring at the Stargate after FRANibeth led the rest of the Replicators into spacing themselves in GitM.

*sighs and pets and *
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We are doing some challenges in the whump thread about making sigs with song lyrics. I found two that I had done awhile ago. Just wanted to post them here again...

sigpic

Comment

Quick question, apologies if this has been discussed before and I just can't remember it:

Spoiler:
          Do you think Ronon and Kanaan would spar together? I know Kanaan seems to be characterized as a quiet personality, but it kind of makes sense to me that all Athosians would receive some kind of combat training w/ bantos rods, etc.

I'm thinking of having a scene where Ronon is teaching some Athosian kids/young people some moves and Kanaan walks up and there's a little exchange/challenge where they end up sparring each other.

I'm not sure if this would be out of character for Kanaan or his and Ronon's relationship, so that's why I'm asking. I thought it was an interesting idea for one of the early pre-disaster scenes in the first chapter, but I can come up with something else if it doesn't quite fit.

Just wanted to make sure so I didn't waste any precious time writing it.
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
            We are doing some challenges in the whump thread about making sigs with song lyrics. I found two that I had done awhile ago. Just wanted to post them here again...

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...dont-think.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ven-sparky.jpg
            Eeeeee! Those are lovely, thanks for posting 'em!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            Quick question, apologies if this has been discussed before and I just can't remember it:

Spoiler:
            Do you think Ronon and Kanaan would spar together? I know Kanaan seems to be characterized as a quiet personality, but it kind of makes sense to me that all Athosians would receive some kind of combat training w/ bantos rods, etc.

I'm thinking of having a scene where Ronon is teaching some Athosian kids/young people some moves and Kanaan walks up and there's a little exchange/challenge where they end up sparring each other.

I'm not sure if this would be out of character for Kanaan or his and Ronon's relationship, so that's why I'm asking. I thought it was an interesting idea for one of the early pre-disaster scenes in the first chapter, but I can come up with something else if it doesn't quite fit.

Spoiler:
            A bit of friendly sparring to demonstrate for the youngsters? I think they would. We know that Ronon stayed with the Athosians when the expedition was kicked out of Atlantis by the Ancients in Season 3's "The Return Parts 1 & 2," and we know that Ronon knew about Teyla's interest in Kanaan and correctly guessed that Kanaan was the father when Teyla announced her pregnancy. So I'm guessing Ronon and Kanaan know each other pretty well and are friends. I tried to inject a bit of a 'brothers-in-arms' vibe with them in "Return to Pegasus, Part 2," in the way that they both kept an eye on Teyla and seemed to be on the same wavelength as far as how to deal with her feelings and deal with the Athosians. Hope that helps.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Joe F tweeted about doing an episode of Fringe.
              Working on Fringe right now. Trying to get my small head around their mythology.

Comment

I'm going to split up some of my multi-quoting because I'm afraid GW is going to crash again right after I finish a long message.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                This Mortal Coil because we got to see how deeply affected John was when he found out that "Our" Elizabeth was "gone". the scenes between Joe and Torri were just great. When John told rodney near the end of the episode that he was going to approval of removing the rest of Elizabeth's things, i got the notion that John was a man who didn't give up hope on finding elizabeth. he waited until he got concrete proof that she was gone before he shipped her things back to earth. it shows you that he really did care about elizabeth and that her gone really shook him up.
                Yes, their scenes together in This Mortal Coil were excellent. He wanted her to come back to Atlantis, even knowing she was a clone. He just wanted her back. Poor woobie.

IMHO - From a production standpoint, having Torri back for that episode hurt TPTW's intentions of moving forward in a new direction because it was so lovely having her back - it reminded you of how the old team used to be and what was now missing, especially for John's character. Just my opinion, of course.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

You Ok?

No.

You will be. Come on.

Before I forget, SR just read chapter 2 and I love the reference to my favorite Star Wars movie.
                *happy sigh* The Eye was my first runner up. How Gero didn't see how that whole thing was one big shippy setup is beyond me. He admits to ripping it off from Die Hard and the characters that relate to J/E in that movie are an estranged couple. Um, duh!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

This. The way that John went all Rambo to avenge Elizabeth in The Eye is what firmly cemented the ship for me.

I'd also have to add Adrift, Lifeline, TMC and GitM to that list. We may hate those episodes for taking Elizabeth away from us, but we love them for how John was constantly wearing his heart on his sleeve for her. On the verge of tears watching her surgery in Adrift, his vow to find her at the end of Lifeline (he said "I'll find her." Not "we." "I." It's personal to him.), trying to convince Clone!Elizabeth to come back to Atlantis in TMC, and of course, standing alone staring at the Stargate after FRANibeth led the rest of the Replicators into spacing themselves in GitM.

*sighs and pets and *
                  Yes, that is very true. You can't doubt that he cared for her, at least as a good friend, after those episodes. (Well, you can but you'd be acting silly.)

Poor John kept losing her over and over again. There's a quote from a great fic written by Irony Rocks - Blank Slate - that sums it all up for me.

Spoiler:
                  A man can only lose the woman he loves so many times before it just turns cruel.

TPTW did act cruel by never letting John rescue her. It was great emotional whumping, but it's hurt without the comfort.

Lovely!! I love "Seven"! Just downloaded it to my iPod. I wish I was creative and could make stuff like that. *sigh* You did a beautiful job!

Comment

Last one...

Spoiler:

I agree with SK that it makes perfect sense. I'm adoring Kanaan in this series. Too bad the show never gave him the attention he deserved.

SR - read the second chapter of TBaF. Awesome!! Teyla is a SAINT. First she puts up with Keller in Missing and now Rodney here. She's got great patience. And Rodney gossiping was so in character and perfect. I could hear his voice so easily.

Great job!! I'm loving it!

Comment

Thanks Scary and JT.

JT Years ago someone made a sparky vid to that song. It was great. Yes you can make stuff like that. Download GIMP and come play along with our challenges on the whump thread. I know of at least 4 people who insisted they couldn't make anything until we started the challenges.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Scary and JT.

JT Years ago someone made a sparky vid to that song. It was great. Yes you can make stuff like that. Download GIMP and come play along with our challenges on the whump thread. I know of at least 4 people who insisted they couldn't make anything until we started the challenges.
                        Ok I'll try.

Comment

WooHoo!! You know this week is a good one. See you there.
                          sigpic

Comment

John really did care for Elizabeth right from season 1. in the Eye when he thought kolya killed weir, he went on a killing spree killing any genii that stood in his way. he was even willing to destroy the city to stop kolya. he may have had teyla's people make that pot (indirectly) that he gave Elizabeth for her birthday in Before I Sleep.

in season 2 we got the hug and the kiss (albeit they were under alien influence (what is with the main male and female lead having their first kiss via alien influence?)

in season 3 we got two back to back "Sparky episodes".

1) in the real world john refused to give up on elizabeth and violated quarantine to help elizabeth fight the replicator nanites.
                            2) in common ground when Sheppard is captured by kolya and he was fed upon by "Todd" weir refused to give into kolya's demands.

these two albeit respect one another as co-leaders and they would do anything for one another.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              GW is finally back up!

Question for the group. What's your favorite episode as far as ship goes?

I'd have to say The Real World, with The Eye and Adrift as runners up.

When is our little lemming coming back?

Stay cool, everybody!
                              And once again it looks like all you guys got back on GW before I could. It hates me.

Anyway, I'm here now. My favorite ship episode is Adrift, followed closely by Lifeline, TMC, GitM and then all the others in no particular order.

Why Adrift? Because in every episode before that, any shippy moments could be explained away. He would, and did, risk his own life to save any of them. He did react emotionally to any of them being in danger. The pot was a plot device to provide a place for old Elizabeth's ashes, and so on.

But in Adrift, it was solely between John and Elizabeth. Yes, you could say he would have reacted the same if anyone died. But look at how he was in Sunday. Yes, he was affected by Carson's death, but it wasn't personal. He was able to be strong and keep on going and nobody treated him like the next of kin. That's the kicker. Keller knew it was personal with him and treated him as such. And the most important fact is that after Adrift, he was NEVER THE SAME AGAIN.

Those are fabulous. One of my favorite things is art done with song lyrics.

Spoiler:

I think he would and
                              Spoiler:
                              there is canon foreshadowing for it in this convo with Teyla from Broken Ties: TEYLA: Uh-huh! It's difficult for Kanaan. He has Torren and me, of course, but I still think he feels isolated.

DEX: Yeah, well, he just needs to make some new friends. You should get him to come by the gym some time. We could spar.

TEYLA: Thank you(!) That's very kind of you, but I need him in one piece for the foreseeable future!

DEX: Ah, you're no fun!

I like your idea for the scene.

Also, whenever you get Chap 1 written, you might send it to the beta team since time is getting short and it goes up on Aug 3. I learned the hard way that last minute changes will be necessary. If you need email addresses, let me know.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Last one...

I agree with SK that it makes perfect sense. I'm adoring Kanaan in this series. Too bad the show never gave him the attention he deserved.

SR - read the second chapter of TBaF. Awesome!! Teyla is a SAINT. First she puts up with Keller in Missing and now Rodney here. She's got great patience. And Rodney gossiping was so in character and perfect. I could hear his voice so easily.

Great job!! I'm loving it!
                              Thanks so much. We are giddy over our own writing of Kanaan. There is much more good stuff to come with him.

Yes, Teyla does do a great job of handling Rodney. She probably thinks after
                              Spoiler:
                              her dealings with Jinto, this is easy. LOL
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                And once again it looks like all you guys got back on GW before I could. It hates me.

Anyway, I'm here now. My favorite ship episode is Adrift, followed closely by Lifeline, TMC, GitM and then all the others in no particular order.

Why Adrift? Because in every episode before that, any shippy moments could be explained away. He would, and did, risk his own life to save any of them. He did react emotionally to any of them being in danger. The pot was a plot device to provide a place for old Elizabeth's ashes, and so on.

But in Adrift, it was solely between John and Elizabeth. Yes, you could say he would have reacted the same if anyone died. But look at how he was in Sunday. Yes, he was affected by Carson's death, but it wasn't personal. He was able to be strong and keep on going and nobody treated him like the next of kin. That's the kicker. Keller knew it was personal with him and treated him as such. And the most important fact is that after Adrift, he was NEVER THE SAME AGAIN.
                                That's very true! I love the shift in John's character from Adrift onwards. Even in Reunion when he's kidding with Rodney, there's a definite undercurrent of sadness. It's muted. Not the same kidding he did in earlier seasons. And that's all Joe, so thanks Joe!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Thanks so much. We are giddy over our own writing of Kanaan. There is much more good stuff to come with him.

Yes, Teyla does do a great job of handling Rodney. She probably thinks after
                                Spoiler:
                                her dealings with Jinto, this is easy. LOL
                                LOL! She's probably wanting to head back to the maturity of Torren's company.

Comment

Working...
                                X