Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    one of the many irks i have with the writers was that they were trying to make John Sheppard a cross between captain Kirk and John Smith. kirk with the whole making out with the alien women and then the whole smith thing with him falling in love with Pocahontas (aka Teyla).
    A resident psychologist should say that vast cultural differences often lead to not very happy relationships. People need similarities in order for their relationship to work. that's why Sparky works. They share so much.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      You do realize there's a tidbit about Sparky in the Stargate Wiki?
      There shouldn't be just a tidbit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        You do realize there's a tidbit about Sparky in the Stargate Wiki?
        Yes, I think I remember seeing that once.

I just watched "Moonstruck". Now imagine it with Joe and Torri. "I'm in love with you." *slap*...Snap out of it!" Old movies make me grin.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I just watched "Moonstruck". Now imagine it with Joe and Torri. "I'm in love with you." *slap*...Snap out of it!" Old movies make me grin.
          That's a perfect movie, two of them would be perfect in it

I'm listening to this: That song would make a perfect sparky video *sigh*

Comment

never saw Moonstruck.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

I'm listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5bXl...eature=related
              That song would make a perfect sparky video *sigh*
              then why hasn't anyone made one yet? lol.

Comment

Oh great, just when I had gotten my mind out of the gutter. Back into the deep end. You are truly evil.
                Why yes, I am surrounded by fire, why do you ask?

Funny you should mention that. Carl Binder was one of the writers of the movie Pocahontas. Yet, he was the most Sparky friendly writer they had. Odd that. But the whole white man/native woman thing is such a cliche, it was too much even for this crowd.
                I've not watched it, but I can't take it seriously since that joke about

Spoiler:
                Dodi Al Fayed and Lady Diana staring in the sequel, Pocahighness. When they were alive, obviously

I'm listening to this: That song would make a perfect sparky video *sigh*
                Or this one for Shepranna

sigpic

Comment

If he didn't, he should have. Now handsome flyboy and his hot boss would definitely be refreshing and modern. Oh, and didn't JF say something along those lines in an interview we discussed just recently? I believe he did. Hmm.
                  Oh yes, he did. Isn't that interesting?

A resident psychologist should say that vast cultural differences often lead to not very happy relationships. People need similarities in order for their relationship to work. that's why Sparky works. They share so much.
                  Very true. The similarities in their backgrounds provide an unparalleled common ground for a serious relationship.

There shouldn't be just a tidbit.
                  Indeed. We deserve a whole article at least.

LOL! Yet another classic! Hmm, that gives me an idea for a new game. I'll wait until after the holiday weekend to unleash it, though.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sorry again for multiplying, but this:

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    I don't think any Sparky was every officially 'scripted'. I think the boys who wrote it were clueless as to how it would look on-screen. In my fictitious mind it's something like:

Spoiler:

Gero: Hmm...let's see...I gotta lot of action with this big storm, the Genii-people are good bad guys...but I need more drama. MORE! What can we do?

BW: Uh, how about making Sheppard go super badass? We haven't really seen that yet.

RCC: Yeah, he's supposed to be special-ops or something.

Gero: Okay...sure. We'll have him take out the Genii, sniper-style, cuz that stuff's cool! One by one until he faces up with Kolya. I'll just write that in. *scribbles*

BW: WAIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT. We can just have him go all badass on them because they're there, that's not Sheppard. He's more sensitive than that.

RCC: Yeah.

Gero: Okay, so...we give him a reason.

BW: Well, his whole deal is the leave-no-man behind thing. We know Kolya's taking hostages, so what if he shoots the hostages? Kills off a few red shirts.

RCC: Nah, it has to be someone more important to really set him off.

Gero: Well, there's McKay...

RCC & BW: NO.

Gero: Okay, then there's Teyla...oh wait, I wanted her for the catfight at the end. Well, then, what about Weir?

BW: Yeah, that'll work, especially as she's anti-gun. Symbolism & parallelism and all that jazz.

Gero: GREAT! So, we'll kill off Weir.

BW & RCC: NO!

Gero: So...we'll pretend to kill off Weir?

BW: Yeah. Bluff her death. Have Sheppard go nuts over it cuz Kolya's killed one of his people.

Gero: I LOVE IT! And we can have this standoff moment at the end where he shoots Kolya to save her or something! DRAMATIC! And, uh, it'll be awesome to see Sheppard snap back to reality when he finds out she's alive.

BW: Sounds good.

RCC: Wait...this isn't going to be romantic or anything, is it?

Gero: What? No way. I am not into that idea for a ship! Leave it to me, I'll make sure it's completely sanitized.

Joe & Torri upon reading the script: That's what you think.

Sparkies upon seeing the script: Thank you for canonizing!!!
                    kinda made me wonder what the motivation for Sunday was

Spoiler:

MG: I'm writing an ep about their day off.

BW, RCC: I dunno, sounds pretty boring. Needs some sort of threat to spice it up

MG: How about a bomb?

BW, RCC: Eh? Didn't we do that in Critical Mass?

MG: Nah, I meant, how about we make someone explode?

RCC: You mean like a suicide bomber? I dunno, that's a little out there.

MG: I was thinking someone would be exposed to something, which makes them highly combustible

RCC: Sounds a little crazy

BW: Yes, but it just might work

RCC: Who then? It can't be any of the main characters, we need them

MG: How about Carson?

BW: Okay, we don't know what to do with him anyway.

RCC: But you better make sure he gets heaps of screentime beforehand, so that it's really obvious he's going to die.

MG: No worries, can do

BW: Geez, the fans are going to hate us. What can we do to balance that out?

RCC: What about the shippers? We haven't thrown them a bone in a while

BW: Yeah, I suppose we'd better do something about that. Who did we settle on for Sheppard in the end? Teyla?

RCC: *nods* I think so

MG: Hell yeah, we don't want to hook him up with Weir, she icky. Way too old for him, and no chemistry

BW: Okay, well you should probably write something about how Shep and Teyla have had feelings for each other for ages, but not said anything.

MG: So, they should tell each other or someone else?

RCC: Have Teyla tell someone she's got the hots for someone, but make it obvious that it's Shep - you know, mention him by name. You'll probably have to kill that person though, in case they keep bringing it up with Teyla later on.

MG: Done

BW: And Shep should probably have a convo with someone too. Make it Ronon, sounds like he's not doing anything in this ep.

MG: Okay. I can kill two birds with one stone there - I'll have him ask about Teyla. That'll kill off the Spanky's, while making it obvious that Shep and Teyla are made for each other. Shep'll deny it of course, but we all know what he's really thinking

BW: I dunno, that sounds a little silly. Maybe I should write this bit?

MG: I can handle it boss, nothing to worry about.

RCC: What about Weir? We should probably hook her up with someone too

BW: Yeah, yeah, someone who's the complete opposite of Sheppard

MG: Well what about this Mike Branton character I've been toying with? He's in the military, a few years younger than Sheppard, and he gets the hots for Weir and takes her on a date. It'll be the perfect opportunity to show why sparky won't work.

RCC: Wait, we're showing that Weir is too old for Sheppard by having her date someone younger than him?

BW: And he sounds a lot like Sheppard?

MG: No, this guy is completely different. He has a beard!

BW, RCC: Phew, that's a relief

MG: And I'm gonna have everyone see her and Mike together, and tease her about it.

RCC: Sounds awesome. Including Sheppard?

MG: Nah, I'll have them keep their distance.

BW: Are you sure? It'd really sell it if he could give Weir his blessing

MG: I dunno, I've got an idea about the rest of the date, so I'm not sure there's time for that bit. Weir's gonna be the one to back away, saying she doesn't have time for a relationship.

RCC: Wait, so she goes out with a guy who is a lot like Shep to illustrate why it wouldn't work, but then backs away because she doesn't have time for a relationship? Sounds a bit backwards to me. And couldn't they just shag?

MG: Nah, Weir's way too frigid for that

RCC: Fair enough

BW: Are you sure you can pull all that off by yourself? We could help you if you want

MG: Nah, I'll be fine
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Spoiler:

BW, RCC: I dunno, sounds pretty boring. Needs some sort of threat to spice it up

MG: I was thinking someone would be exposed to something, which makes them highly combustible

RCC: But you better make sure he gets heaps of screentime beforehand, so that it's really obvious he's going to die.

BW: Yeah, I suppose we'd better do something about that. Who did we settle on for Sheppard in the end? Teyla?

MG: Hell yeah, we don't want to hook him up with Weir, she icky. Way too old for him, and no chemistry

BW: Okay, well you should probably write something about how Shep and Teyla have had feelings for each other for ages, but not said anything.

RCC: Have Teyla tell someone she's got the hots for someone, but make it obvious that it's Shep - you know, mention him by name. You'll probably have to kill that person though, in case they keep bringing it up with Teyla later on.

BW: And Shep should probably have a convo with someone too. Make it Ronon, sounds like he's not doing anything in this ep.

MG: Okay. I can kill two birds with one stone there - I'll have him ask about Teyla. That'll kill off the Spanky's, while making it obvious that Shep and Teyla are made for each other. Shep'll deny it of course, but we all know what he's really thinking

MG: Well what about this Mike Branton character I've been toying with? He's in the military, a few years younger than Sheppard, and he gets the hots for Weir and takes her on a date. It'll be the perfect opportunity to show why sparky won't work.

RCC: Wait, we're showing that Weir is too old for Sheppard by having her date someone younger than him?

MG: And I'm gonna have everyone see her and Mike together, and tease her about it.

MG: I dunno, I've got an idea about the rest of the date, so I'm not sure there's time for that bit. Weir's gonna be the one to back away, saying she doesn't have time for a relationship.

RCC: Wait, so she goes out with a guy who is a lot like Shep to illustrate why it wouldn't work, but then backs away because she doesn't have time for a relationship? Sounds a bit backwards to me. And couldn't they just shag?

BW: Are you sure you can pull all that off by yourself? We could help you if you want

The first part of that sounds a lot like the commentary. Gero said they told him writing about a day off was too boring and needed some excitement. And they admitted to killing Carson to "shake things up". The ship stuff is probably true too. I wouldn't put it past them.

Oh, and Mike was not military. He was a scientist. Even the Navy wouldn't allow a beard like that. LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

arent weir and Sheppard near the same age?

Comment

I just finished Eri's Testament. Holy crap! It was awesome! Between reading that and Return to Pegasus, can I make a request to turn back time and have Eri and SK write the show? Testament was sooooo good. It was the same amount of Sparky as was in the show (meaning, enough to make me squee occasionally but not so much as to label it off-canon). Wow!

If he didn't, he should have. Now handsome flyboy and his hot boss would definitely be refreshing and modern. Oh, and didn't JF say something along those lines in an interview we discussed just recently? I believe he did. Hmm.
                          Hmm, yes I do recall that. And the really interesting part of that quote, to me, was that it was made once the show was done and he no longer had to speak on behalf of TPTW.

And they learn from each other. They both gain something from the relationship. *nods*

I haven't seen that movie. Just added it to my Netflix queue which is getting WAY too long.

Or this one for Shepranna
                          Obviously I'm not thinking too clearly today, cause it took me like 5 minutes to figure out what the heck you were talking about.

Spoiler:

LMAO to both this and to Eri's! That's, sadly, very believable and shows the complete grade school thoughts behind romance.

Comment

Yes, in fact Torri is younger than Joe by a few months I think. Weir and Sheppard were described as anywhere from late thirties to early forties. Close enough to be the same age range. And she certainly didn't look any older than he did.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, in fact Torri is younger than Joe by a few months I think. Weir and Sheppard were described as anywhere from late thirties to early forties. Close enough to be the same age range. And she certainly didn't look any older than he did.
                              I think Torri's bday is in Dec '66 and Joe's bday is Feb '67. I could be wrong. I just remember thinking that I am older than both of them....BUT NOT BY MUCH!!!!! *shifty eyes*

ETA IMBD has Torri as Dec 6 1969
                              sigpic

Comment

The first part of that sounds a lot like the commentary. Gero said they told him writing about a day off was too boring and needed some excitement. And they admitted to killing Carson to "shake things up". The ship stuff is probably true too. I wouldn't put it past them.
                                Well, the best lies incorporate the truth, or so they say *shrugs*

Oh, and Mike was not military. He was a scientist. Even the Navy wouldn't allow a beard like that. LOL
                                I had to go and look that up. I don't know why I assumed he was (shows how little attention I gave him)

From GW's transcript:

ELIZABETH’S OFFICE. Doctor Elizabeth Weir is sitting at her desk working on her laptop. A good looking casually-dressed young man with dark hair and a beard comes to the door.

BRANTON: Hi.

WEIR: Hi.

BRANTON (walking into the office): What are you, uh, what are you doing here?

WEIR: I work here. (She smiles at him.)

BRANTON: But it’s our day off.

WEIR: Well, shouldn’t you be enjoying your leisure time, then?

BRANTON: I got a little behind on my research this week. (He jerks his head towards the Control Room to indicate where he has just been.) Just wanted to drop off some results for the next Earth transmission.

WEIR: Great. Good. (Smiling, she starts to type again.)
                                I assumed he was in his civvies, and grew the beard really quickly. The scientist thing makes a lot more sense I also figured the beard was a bit like Cadman's hair - not really allowed, but allowed for tv. And Carter's hair, for that matter.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                I just finished Eri's Testament. Holy crap! It was awesome! Between reading that and Return to Pegasus, can I make a request to turn back time and have Eri and SK write the show? Testament was sooooo good. It was the same amount of Sparky as was in the show (meaning, enough to make me squee occasionally but not so much as to label it off-canon). Wow!

Hmm, yes I do recall that. And the really interesting part of that quote, to me, was that it was made once the show was done and he no longer had to speak on behalf of TPTW.

And they learn from each other. They both gain something from the relationship. *nods*

I haven't seen that movie. Just added it to my Netflix queue which is getting WAY too long.

Obviously I'm not thinking too clearly today, cause it took me like 5 minutes to figure out what the heck you were talking about.
                                I'm not even sure I did refer to it properly. Both the name, and what the song describes.

LMAO to both this and to Eri's! That's, sadly, very believable and shows the complete grade school thoughts behind romance.
                                Eri's was much better, and more believable, sadly.

Yeah, it's hard to know what the character's ages are. Based on the casting notes, Teyla was supposed to be nearer to Ford's age. All we can really go on is the actors ages, which are pretty close. And she was/is younger than he is. Some people like to say otherwise, but they can eat my socks

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                                I think Torri's bday is in Dec '66 and Joe's bday is Feb '67. I could be wrong. I just remember thinking that I am older than both of them....BUT NOT BY MUCH!!!!! *shifty eyes*

ETA IMBD has Torri as Dec 6 1969
                                ^ what Pocus said
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X