Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForestFern View Post
    hello Sparkies!

I've a little idea of a twitter campaign for Joe and I'd like to know what do you think about it?
    I've posted it already in the thunk thread, just copying it here

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post12729556
    I keep getting a 404 error from that
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      I keep getting a 404 error from that
      oh, I'm clumsy like that

I better do the classic copy&paste, here below:

a proposal for those of you active on twitter:

what do you say we try to get "Joe for twitter actor of the month" campaign, for July, to celebrate him being on twitter for one year? I know he seems to have lost interest for twitter, sadly, but still...

It would coincide with last year's win (which happened roughly in the same period) and maybe we can get in contact with the fans who gave him the trophy at Chicago last year and have a second edition - and start a beautiful Chicago convention tradition

Do you think it's feasible? I hope you'll say yes!

Technically, that means we'd have to vote here , starting with July 1st, when the June contest will be over, and click-click all month , while trying to beat Kevin Sorbo (who has a very active group of fans)

So, what say you?

Comment

(to himself): I'm a frakking General & I still don't get to bring my girlfriend on missions with me
        :Woolsey: But...... I thought.......

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Yup, you're right. I Tweeted with 'Nuna and she said writers only, sorry. I'll patiently wait.

(((JoeF)))

It always hit me as teasing. Or foreplay, depending on if you believe gateraid's version of events that shoulda been.

RL OT:
          Spoiler:
          So my landlord gave my family notice three days ago that his girlfriend broke up with him, so he needs to move back home. As in here. As in, adios, familia!

Thankfully, craigslist is awesome, and we found a place rather quickly. It's built by the same construction co. that built the townhouse/condo unit we're in right now, so it's very similar, and it's a little bigger. I've already called dibs on the the bigger bedroom. My sister can suck it up.

So we're packing like mad and moving next weekend.

Spoiler:
          AND I'm PMSing which makes me a little nuts, in addition to uprooting for the 8th time in 7 years. *Fleetwood Mac's "Gypsy" starts playing in head* So I had a minor meltdown today, came home and slept for six hours. Now I'm wired and can't go to sleep yet. Contemplating hittin' up the nearest 24 hour Starbucks ...

So that's it today for me. I have a massive headache and am wishing I had me a rum and Coke right now. Dang it. I'm heading to bed, I'll finish most of the packing and throwing out, tomorrow.

Night!
          The thought of moving just gives me the willies, but it's a good way to get everything cleaned out. LOL Good luck.

Originally posted by ForestFern View Post
          oh, I'm clumsy like that

I better do the classic copy&paste, here below:

a proposal for those of you active on twitter:

what do you say we try to get "Joe for twitter actor of the month" campaign, for July, to celebrate him being on twitter for one year? I know he seems to have lost interest for twitter, sadly, but still...

It would coincide with last year's win (which happened roughly in the same period) and maybe we can get in contact with the fans who gave him the trophy at Chicago last year and have a second edition - and start a beautiful Chicago convention tradition

Do you think it's feasible? I hope you'll say yes!

Technically, that means we'd have to vote here , starting with July 1st, when the June contest will be over, and click-click all month , while trying to beat Kevin Sorbo (who has a very active group of fans)

So, what say you?
          Great idea. I voted my brains out last year and can do it again. It is indeed a shame he doesn't tweet more.

You might have to drop back in and remind us again.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi ho!

No offense.

SK -- nah, I took Aleve and went to bed. Then got on YouTube when I couldn't sleep and started watching "Castle" clips. Me=addicted.

But I got Starbucks this morning, so all is right with my world. At the present.

gateraid -- yeah, it is quick. We have until Sept. 1 but we're out of town at the end of July, and I'm back at work in school in August, so it would've been crazy no matter when we moved. We figured just go ahead and get out, and so far it's crazy but fine.

SR -- moving is a great way to clean house. My little sister has already thrown out four bags of garbage from her room. As long as she has her cell phone and her iPod, I don't really think she needs any earthly posessions. LOL. Me, on the other hand, just found my Honor Roll Awards from middle school. Oy vey. I mostly need to compress all my notebooks and get my loose things together, and get rid of the clothes hiding in the back of the closet that "I'll lose weight and get into in three years."

And I digress.

I'm probably not going to be around for a while, or posting any new chapters, but I'll check Twitter and bop on here when I get the chance.

*lurks and packs*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter
              Hi ho!

No offense.

SK -- nah, I took Aleve and went to bed. Then got on YouTube when I couldn't sleep and started watching "Castle" clips. Me=addicted.

But I got Starbucks this morning, so all is right with my world. At the present.

gateraid -- yeah, it is quick. We have until Sept. 1 but we're out of town at the end of July, and I'm back at work in school in August, so it would've been crazy no matter when we moved. We figured just go ahead and get out, and so far it's crazy but fine.

SR -- moving is a great way to clean house. My little sister has already thrown out four bags of garbage from her room. As long as she has her cell phone and her iPod, I don't really think she needs any earthly posessions. LOL. Me, on the other hand, just found my Honor Roll Awards from middle school. Oy vey. I mostly need to compress all my notebooks and get my loose things together, and get rid of the clothes hiding in the back of the closet that "I'll lose weight and get into in three years."

And I digress.

I'm probably not going to be around for a while, or posting any new chapters, but I'll check Twitter and bop on here when I get the chance.

*lurks and packs*
              My neighbors had to get one of those big construction dumpsters when they moved after 30 years. I fear we will too, but it's likely we won't move from here before we're dead. So it will be SR Jr's problem. Though after cleaning out my MIL's closets my SIL and I swore we're getting rid of our crap before somebody has to do that chore for us. So far we both fail at that.

We'll miss you. Hurry back soon.
              sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Weird, I could've sworn I posted a couple of hours ago, but it's not here.

So, you've noticed they have a special connection too? I thought I was the only one *nods*
                Gee, funny that.

Sorry, I reak of disappointment sometimes

(to himself): I'm a frakking General & I still don't get to bring my girlfriend on missions with me
                *snorts*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                The thought of moving just gives me the willies, but it's a good way to get everything cleaned out. LOL Good luck.
                True, dat. I'm really going to have to cut down on the amount of flotsam and jetsam around my house when I move to Sparky Island.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter;12731714[B
                SK[/B] -- nah, I took Aleve and went to bed. Then got on YouTube when I couldn't sleep and started watching "Castle" clips. Me=addicted.

Mmm, I think I'll be indulging in a frappuccino this afternoon while I start loading fanfic on my iPad. No, I still haven't gotten around to that yet. Takes a while to reformat all those fics and save 'em as PDFs.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I still haven't found the remainders of the fly... and now I've also lost a mosquito. Something strange is going on in my room.

And I should be writing instead of looking for lost bodyparts... Little Bang will not take kindly on me when I neglect it for too long.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey you guys! How are you doing? I am working on my episode, but at the moment real life is beating me hard and I feel exhausted and spent - physically as well as emotionally. I was wondering if someone would be willing to write a ficlet for me? One scene would be enough. It just popped into my mind - season 1, John and Elizabeth walking down a beach on mainland. Everything is peaceful, no angst, just banter and UST. Maybe hints of something more? Something to amke me go "awww"?

Anyone? SK? SR? ShipperWriter?
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Hey you guys! How are you doing? I am working on my episode, but at the moment real life is beating me hard and I feel exhausted and spent - physically as well as emotionally. I was wondering if someone would be willing to write a ficlet for me? One scene would be enough. It just popped into my mind - season 1, John and Elizabeth walking down a beach on mainland. Everything is peaceful, no angst, just banter and UST. Maybe hints of something more? Something to amke me go "awww"?

i kinda forgot what John/Elizabeth banter was like.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        i kinda forgot what John/Elizabeth banter was like.
                        It's sexy, good fun... I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          It's sexy, good fun... I think...
                          you think? bringing yourself down are ya FH?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            you think? bringing yourself down are ya FH?
                            I'm not an expert on Sparky... so you know...

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

If you had asked me earlier when I had nothing to do. But maybe tomorrow. However, by then you'll probably be out of the mood.
                              sigpic

Comment

I used to watch SG1 as a kid until our networks in NZ pulled it and I sort of lost the world for years. In December I watched the Stargate movie and got hooked again. Took me 6 months to get through SG1 and Atlantis.

I immediately picked up on the Carter/O'Neill pairing but for some strange reason I completely missed the John/Elizabeth pairing until I'd finished season 5 and started exploring the fandom a little more. I then went back over little moments - and being the helpless romantic I am can not believe I missed it!

I'm looking forward to my second viewing of Atlantis so I can pick up on all the clues that I so ignorantly missed.

In the mean time I'm enjoying the fanfiction offerings

Comment

Working...
                                X