Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    We are having a writers' meeting later today. I will bring up the LJ thing. I know you have to ask for membership on there and since I approve them, there are no "unfriendlies", but yeah, spoilers galore.

Erin, if you're around, watch for a post on Anuna's LJ about the writers' meeting. We plan to hash out some details of the next few eps. And are you on Twitter? We tend to chatter a lot on there too.
    Is the discussion somewhere I can read it? I'm going to start work on one of my stories soon so I would like to keep up with what's being discussed.

Does anybody else have Twitter issues? I'm always missing some tweets so a lot of conversations don't make sense. Seriously, it's worse than GW.
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Also, SGARising writers, check your Twitters. I'm going a little cooky about something I saw posted, and I need help. You'll understand.
      You can ask Anuna if she wants to make that snippet available here. I think everyone would like it but it's a big big spoiler.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      Is the discussion somewhere I can read it? I'm going to start work on one of my stories soon so I would like to keep up with what's being discussed.

Does anybody else have Twitter issues? I'm always missing some tweets so a lot of conversations don't make sense. Seriously, it's worse than GW.
      It's on Anuna's LJ but we had limited it to writers for the first half. I will ask her to include you. There is lots you need to know but as I did with TBaF, you can write the main parts and rewrite for continuity later. Important things to know about the Athosians, Mayel , the Coalition and so on.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Because this never gets old. Interview with Stargate magazine. Original post Dec. 2008.

Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?

JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.

I watched The Return 1 last night. In the scene in Elizabeth's quarters, what was the deal with them calling each other by their titles? That was so strange.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Because this never gets old. Interview with Stargate magazine. Original post Dec. 2008.

JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.

I watched The Return 1 last night. In the scene in Elizabeth's quarters, what was the deal with them calling each other by their titles? That was so strange.
          Love that interview. Looks like by the date he had changed his mind a bit from his earlier interviews on the ship idea.

There were several schools of thought on that RI scene.

1. They were distancing themselves from emotions that might complicate things.
          2. She was very formal with him, but he was teasing her because she didn't usually call him "Colonel" in private.
          3. He was putting her in her place for making it all about her and whining like a little ***** about not getting a job. (I swear someone said this.)
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Love that interview. Looks like by the date he had changed his mind a bit from his earlier interviews on the ship idea.

2. She was very formal with him, but he was teasing her because she didn't usually call him "Colonel" in private.
            3. He was putting her in her place for making it all about her and whining like a little ***** about not getting a job. (I swear someone said this.)
            Number 3? LOL!! People are nuts.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Hope you're all enjoying a beautiful Sparky!Family Saturday!

JT-2, that interview never gets old! I could just reach into the pages of the magazine and hug Joe for saying that! And I'm with you on that third school of thought about the scene from The Return. What the heck are those people smoking?
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello everybody, spending my weekend writing yet another smut fic......involving the closet.
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

Do you know Keller can overrule them all on medical matters? There's a thought for ya

Oh, the bedroom scene

I'm not sure which scene I would consider to have the most 'tension' out of this and the Misbegotten scene. To me, it seemed like you could cut it with a knife here, but that's only my interpretation. IMO, she calls him Colonel because she was caught off guard by him being at her bedroom door, and distanced herself a little by calling him by his rank. He called her Doctor because he was teasing her.

I think if this were to happen in RL (heh, calling Atlantis 'real life' amuses me), the you've peaked would be followed by a variation of:

(both inhale, looking around the room but not directly at each other)
                  So, I guess this is it then
                  Yep, last night on Atlantis
                  (exhale)
                  Be a shame to waste it, eh?
                  Exactly. Bed or desk?
                  I've been waiting so long for this, I wouldn't care if it was in the mess hall................../scene

It's a pity she had all that stuff on her bed, it would've been hard to find a place to set up the chess board
                  sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! And it seem y'all are taking the "lazy" part of that to heart!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Oh, the bedroom scene

I'm not sure which scene I would consider to have the most 'tension' out of this and the Misbegotten scene. To me, it seemed like you could cut it with a knife here, but that's only my interpretation. IMO, she calls him Colonel because she was caught off guard by him being at her bedroom door, and distanced herself a little by calling him by his rank. He called her Doctor because he was teasing her.

I think if this were to happen in RL (heh, calling Atlantis 'real life' amuses me), the you've peaked would be followed by a variation of:

(exhale)
                    Exactly. Bed or desk?
                    I've been waiting so long for this, I wouldn't care if it was in the mess hall................../scene
                    RAWR! Now that's what I'm talking about!

It's a pity she had all that stuff on her bed, it would've been hard to find a place to set up the chess board
                    Oh, you just had to go and spoil it, didn't you?
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Do you know Keller can overrule them all on medical matters? There's a thought for ya
                      No, no, no. You save her for Woolsey.

Oh, the bedroom scene

(exhale)
                      Exactly. Bed or desk?

LMAO!!

I followed up with Return 2 yesterday and it was pretty good too.

I'll try to run the drones into your LEAST favorite buildings!

It's good to hear your voice too.
                      I didn't say it was GOOD, Elizabeth.
                      Doctor Beckett, is it? Well, I'm comforted.
                      What's that supposed to mean?

Actually, using Niam was Elizabeth's plan.
                      Thank you. (in such a cute voice)
                      Well it's mostly my plan. My freezing program.

I keep thinking of a fic where they turn into 10 year olds and Rodney certainly doesn't need much changing.

Comment

I just killed a fly - I definitely hit it, remnants on the side of my screen - but I can't find its body. WTH?!?

Random, I know.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You can ask Anuna if she wants to make that snippet available here. I think everyone would like it but it's a big big spoiler.
                          Yup, you're right. I Tweeted with 'Nuna and she said writers only, sorry. I'll patiently wait.

(((JoeF)))

It always hit me as teasing. Or foreplay, depending on if you believe gateraid's version of events that shoulda been.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I just killed a fly - I definitely hit it, remnants on the side of my screen - but I can't find its body. WTH?!?

Random, I know.

RL OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          So my landlord gave my family notice three days ago that his girlfriend broke up with him, so he needs to move back home. As in here. As in, adios, familia!

Thankfully, craigslist is awesome, and we found a place rather quickly. It's built by the same construction co. that built the townhouse/condo unit we're in right now, so it's very similar, and it's a little bigger. I've already called dibs on the the bigger bedroom. My sister can suck it up.

So we're packing like mad and moving next weekend.

Spoiler:
                          AND I'm PMSing which makes me a little nuts, in addition to uprooting for the 8th time in 7 years. *Fleetwood Mac's "Gypsy" starts playing in head* So I had a minor meltdown today, came home and slept for six hours. Now I'm wired and can't go to sleep yet. Contemplating hittin' up the nearest 24 hour Starbucks ...

So that's it today for me. I have a massive headache and am wishing I had me a rum and Coke right now. Dang it. I'm heading to bed, I'll finish most of the packing and throwing out, tomorrow.

Night!

Comment

Random, I know.
                            Ewwwww!

RL OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            So my landlord gave my family notice three days ago that his girlfriend broke up with him, so he needs to move back home. As in here. As in, adios, familia!

Thankfully, craigslist is awesome, and we found a place rather quickly. It's built by the same construction co. that built the townhouse/condo unit we're in right now, so it's very similar, and it's a little bigger. I've already called dibs on the the bigger bedroom. My sister can suck it up.

Spoiler:
                            AND I'm PMSing which makes me a little nuts, in addition to uprooting for the 8th time in 7 years. *Fleetwood Mac's "Gypsy" starts playing in head* So I had a minor meltdown today, came home and slept for six hours. Now I'm wired and can't go to sleep yet. Contemplating hittin' up the nearest 24 hour Starbucks ...

So that's it today for me. I have a massive headache and am wishing I had me a rum and Coke right now. Dang it. I'm heading to bed, I'll finish most of the packing and throwing out, tomorrow.

Night!
                            Hooray for Craigslist!

As for the
                            Spoiler:
                            Starbucks craving, my suggestion is to go to Chipotle first and get a Sparky Special (carnitas soft tacos w/mild and corn salsas, sour cream and lettuce) then get a mocha frappuccino from Starbucks for dessert. Yummy in the tummy!

Comment

hello Sparkies!

I've a little idea of a twitter campaign for Joe and I'd like to know what do you think about it?
                              I've posted it already in the thunk thread, just copying it here

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post12729556

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! And it seem y'all are taking the "lazy" part of that to heart!

RAWR! Now that's what I'm talking about!
                                So, you've noticed they have a special connection too? I thought I was the only one *nods*

Oh, you just had to go and spoil it, didn't you?
                                Sorry, I reak of disappointment sometimes

No, no, no. You save her for Woolsey.
                                I'm officially the second person to spit something out whilst reading this thread in the last week

LMAO!!

I followed up with Return 2 yesterday and it was pretty good too.

I'll try to run the drones into your LEAST favorite buildings!

It's good to hear your voice too.
                                I didn't say it was GOOD, Elizabeth.
                                (to himself): I'm a frakking General & I still don't get to bring my girlfriend on missions with me

Doctor Beckett, is it? Well, I'm comforted.
                                What's that supposed to mean?

Actually, using Niam was Elizabeth's plan.
                                Thank you. (in such a cute voice)
                                Well it's mostly my plan. My freezing program.

I keep thinking of a fic where they turn into 10 year olds and Rodney certainly doesn't need much changing.
                                This explains a lot of things about the show

Random, I know.
                                Don't worry, it's Darwinism at work

Yup, you're right. I Tweeted with 'Nuna and she said writers only, sorry. I'll patiently wait.

(((JoeF)))

It always hit me as teasing. Or foreplay, depending on if you believe gateraid's version of events that shoulda been.

RL OT:
                                Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Night!
                                Spoiler:

I can't speak to the PMS, but it sounds like you're winning after the move. Once the hassle of actually moving is over, of course. That's a pretty quick eviction though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X