Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Went and read Chapter 2. SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!! It was great!
    Spoiler:
    I like the line you put in there, where Mayel reminds Teyla of Elizabeth. Hmm, I wonder who else she will remind ...

And I can totally see Teyla and Ronan and Kanaan setting off on their journey. For some reason, that mental image steered me to "The Goonies". Wow, do I have issues. LOL
    *splutters*
    Spoiler:
    "The Goonies"?!? LMAO! However, I'm sorry to say that there will be no water slide in this episode.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    So, I had this little plot bunny while on the treadmill this morning. A snippet from my Ronon the Empath story, which we are tentatively calling "Feelings". If anyone comes up with a better title, I'm all ears. Anyway, I can see this little scene happening early in the episode.

Spoiler:
    John scrunched up his face, squared his shoulders and reached out to ring the chime on Ronon's door. He thought he heard a familiar growl, so he opened the door and stepped inside. Ronon, who was standing with his back to the door, took a quick swipe at his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt but didn't turn around.

“How's it going, buddy?” John asked, taking another cautious step forward.

Ronon shrugged.

John looked around at the usual disarray, hoping for inspiration. “Look, ah...Woolsey wanted me to let you know that Rodney and the rest of the geeks are working on your problem, but...uh...so far...”

“Nothing.” Ronon finished for him and took another dab at his face with the tail of his shirt.

John felt encouraged that at least the big man hadn't ordered him to go away, so he came further into the room and circled around to come face to face with his friend.

“Is there, you know, anything I can...”

John was never able to complete his sentence because in a blink he found himself lifted by a handful of his shirtfront and slammed, none too gently, against the wall. Left with his toes dangling, John wasn't sure whether to try gripping the wall behind him or to risk grabbing onto Ronon's heaving shoulders to steady himself.

“You can leave me the hell alone. And don't call Rodney a geek. He thinks you are a real friend of his.” Ronon said and dropped John in a tumbled heap on the floor.

John wasted no time scrambling to his feet and back-peddling toward the door, tripping over his feet in the process.
    AHAHAHAHAH! OMG, that's hysterical! Poor Ronon! And poor John! Better hope he didn't get his ribs bruised, or something...

Thanks. If it's canon, we can't ignore it.

Everyone should also go read the comments I've gotten on the writers' blog. Our fans appreciate us for sticking to canon and keeping the characters true to the show. Someone even thinks we are TPTB in disguise. LOL
    Perish the thought.

Thanks, but it's going to be a long wait. So far that's all I have written. I'm picturing Ronon having emotional moments with everybody of one sort or another. And maybe there might be someone who's afraid to be around him in case he knows what they are feeling. LOL
    *snickers*

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    Just finished Chapter 2 and heres my opinion

Spoiler:
    I think Mayel is going to be the female version of Kolya, or Ladon is following his masters old tricks. Tsk Tsk Tsk
    No and no. Stay tuned.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks. If it's canon, we can't ignore it.

Everyone should also go read the comments I've gotten on the writers' blog. Our fans appreciate us for sticking to canon and keeping the characters true to the show. Someone even thinks we are TPTB in disguise. LOL
      LOL! The comments are really awesome! Your response to TPTB comment made me laugh. Yeah, things would have been just a little different. My list:

1. Carson not dying
      2. Elizabeth not dying/returning/dying/returning/ad nauseam
      3. John gets backstory
      4. John remains leading man (Rodney actually had more screentime in season 5 - how screwed up is that?)
      5. Ronon and Teyla would not have been wallpaper
      6. No pointless deaths like Kate
      7. Actual season arcs

Thanks, but it's going to be a long wait. So far that's all I have written. I'm picturing Ronon having emotional moments with everybody of one sort or another. And maybe there might be someone who's afraid to be around him in case he knows what they are feeling. LOL
      Subtle FTW!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        LOL! The comments are really awesome! Your response to TPTB comment made me laugh. Yeah, things would have been just a little different. My list:

1. Carson not dying
        2. Elizabeth not dying/returning/dying/returning/ad nauseam
        3. John gets backstory
        4. John remains leading man (Rodney actually had more screentime in season 5 - how screwed up is that?)
        5. Ronon and Teyla would not have been wallpaper
        6. No pointless deaths like Kate
        7. Actual season arcs

Subtle FTW!!
        why the heck did rodney get more screentime than John Oh wait now i remember he had a love interest.

Comment

Hey buddy, clean out your PM box so I can answer your message. Thanks.

The male perspective on this is crucial because I'm thinking a combination of a severe case of PMS coupled with an overload of testosterone = Trouble. I'm thinking he will
          Spoiler:
          have emotion overload at first and then will start trying to use his gift to help people. But remember, this is designed to be a humorous one, just not cracky. I may need help restraining me with that. LOL
          Done. Goodbye Parisindy, Reiko, McBarr, you'll live on in my memory *iz sad*

Crack is good ... with the exception of a few "Irrs" ... ... but it would be hilarious to see Ronan's soft side. If he has one.

ROFLing.
          Re Irrs - I re-watched Irresistable the other day. After I noticed what a massive set of ....eyes one of the villagers had, I realised she was Lt James from SGU. This is the type of quality information that I bring to the thread

So, I had this little plot bunny while on the treadmill this morning. A snippet from my Ronon the Empath story, which we are tentatively calling "Feelings". If anyone comes up with a better title, I'm all ears. Anyway, I can see this little scene happening early in the episode.

Spoiler:
          John scrunched up his face, squared his shoulders and reached out to ring the chime on Ronon's door. He thought he heard a familiar growl, so he opened the door and stepped inside. Ronon, who was standing with his back to the door, took a quick swipe at his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt but didn't turn around.

Ronon shrugged.

John looked around at the usual disarray, hoping for inspiration. “Look, ah...Woolsey wanted me to let you know that Rodney and the rest of the geeks are working on your problem, but...uh...so far...”

“Nothing.” Ronon finished for him and took another dab at his face with the tail of his shirt.

John felt encouraged that at least the big man hadn't ordered him to go away, so he came further into the room and circled around to come face to face with his friend.

John was never able to complete his sentence because in a blink he found himself lifted by a handful of his shirtfront and slammed, none too gently, against the wall. Left with his toes dangling, John wasn't sure whether to try gripping the wall behind him or to risk grabbing onto Ronon's heaving shoulders to steady himself.

“You can leave me the hell alone. And don't call Rodney a geek. He thinks you are a real friend of his.” Ronon said and dropped John in a tumbled heap on the floor.

John wasted no time scrambling to his feet and back-peddling toward the door, tripping over his feet in the process.
          Love it Re your male perspective comments, we can talk more about this later. There are probably some things that I would do, but I'm not Ronon

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I'm glad you're feeling better!

Those weren't crack. I'm not sure what the word for it is (and doubt I could say it on a PG forum).

Oh yeah, I wanted to say that in the latest chapter I liked the brief mention of Amelia. That's not really a ship I care about, either way, but I'm glad it wasn't simply ignored (like some others might do )

Of course Ronon has a soft side! He hugged Rodney in Tao of Rodney, and was all sweet while thanking Elizabeth in Adrift. Just don't ask him to meditate or he might But he was sweet with Teyla when she announced her pregnancy, too. His "don't look at me" still cracks me up.
          Re Amelia, playing DA here, all she really did was walk into the infirmary to see him. If we took that as a ship confirmation, well, sparky would be having their five year anniversary sometime soon But yeah, it's good that they're still in there. Just saying though, I never got more than a "fun buddies" vibe from the two of them

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
          Just finished Chapter 2 and heres my opinion

Spoiler:
          I think Mayel is going to be the female version of Kolya, or Ladon is following his masters old tricks. Tsk Tsk Tsk
          Spoiler:
          It depends on what you mean. If you mean that she is ordered to do something that she may/may not agree with in order to further the best interests of the Genii, then yes. But I don't get the impression that she is a meglomaniac like Kolya, or would alter the plan to suit her needs as he did
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning and thanks for all the comments on the new chapter. The next one should be up later today. We have time zone issues so knowing that our webmaster lives in Belgium should help. The new chapters will be posted sometimes before the date specified is over in the Western hemisphere.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed we've been "MacGyvered"???
              Last edited by ShipperWriter; 18 June 2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

That is so cool!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:

Ronon shrugged.

Great. This'll definitely be an interesting episode.

Lol! I was wondering what was going on...

And that was an awesome third chapter of RTP2!

Spoiler:
                  Loved Mayel and Ladon's convo about Sheppard. It was also great seeing this more unforgiving side to the Athosians.
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

For anybody who doesn't know, the third chapter of Return to Pegasus Pt. 2 is now up on the website.

Computer gremlins are attacking SK and I'm having problems with the spinning beach ball of death that even Mr. SR can't fix, but by hook or crook we hope to get the next part up sometime on Monday. Sometimes I think the universe is not an SGA fan.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Don't let the universe stop us!
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh why couldn't we be Star Warized! I would have been cracking Jokes about Sheppard being Han Solo.
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

For anybody who doesn't know, the third chapter of Return to Pegasus Pt. 2 is now up on the website.

Computer gremlins are attacking SK and I'm having problems with the spinning beach ball of death that even Mr. SR can't fix, but by hook or crook we hope to get the next part up sometime on Monday. Sometimes I think the universe is not an SGA fan.
                          On my iPad at the moment...

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Don't let the universe stop us!
                          Never give up! Never surrender!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Never give up! Never surrender!
                            Crud now I am going to be wondering where that line came from *face palm*

PS. The force is strong within the Sparky Thread and Rising....no worries we'll still be victorious.
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Alright, Sparkies. I have a group project.

I need some help coming up with a name for
                              Spoiler:
                              Kanaan's cousin who gets infected by this disease and turns creature in FY.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm kind of at a loss, unless I completely steal a name from somewhere else.
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                Alright, Sparkies. I have a group project.

I need some help coming up with a name for
                                Spoiler:
                                Kanaan's cousin who gets infected by this disease and turns creature in FY.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm kind of at a loss, unless I completely steal a name from somewhere else.
                                is this cousin male or female?

Comment

Working...
                                X