Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    Oh yeah I need this for a challenge, you think Elizabeth would watch Doctor Who with John and Rodney....I need this for a challenge.
    I do. Mainly because she would be referreeing the argument between "it's just a TV show" and "there is no way that's scientifically possible".

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Now, so am I. Hehehehehe!!!

Thanks! I went to the gym, I cleaned part of the house, I cooked dinner for myself (haven't done that in a while), cleaned the kitchen and have to finish doing dishes ... Then there's tomorrow!!!

I put my iPod on shuffle while I was vacumning downstairs, and when I sat down for dinner, "Solitary Man" started playing. I'm a little depressed. Time to put on something cheery and write more fic.

And possibly eat some Ben and Jerry's Americone Dream.

I swear, I am on a diet. I'm measuring my portions.
      Just to be clear, I have no hopes at all for deleted scenes or anything interesting. But like I said, I've always been a pessimist.

The other day Solitary Man came on while I was in the car. I thought - boy, I just need a bag of cash and I'll be all set!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Just to be clear, I have no hopes at all for deleted scenes or anything interesting. But like I said, I've always been a pessimist.

The other day Solitary Man came on while I was in the car. I thought - boy, I just need a bag of cash and I'll be all set!!
        I finally got the episode downloaded off of iTunes ... I'm gonna make some sigs with that. Mwahahaha!

Comment

I finally got the episode downloaded off of iTunes ... I'm gonna make some sigs with that. Mwahahaha!
          Vegas = LOVE

Comment

Sparky video spam!!!

Comment

Hate to be the pessimist here, but I'd bet it's a few useless shots. The extended versions of Vegas and EatG didn't have anything terribly important, that I recall anyway.
              Deleted scenes are generally deleted for a good reason. It's rare that in TV-shows deleted scenes bring more info than what is already given in the scenes still present. It does happen that sometimes good quality scenes showing a lot of things that could have made a difference are cut for time which than is a damn shame.

Though I love director cuts of films - I prefer the director's cut of The Da Vinci Code over the cinema version; same goes for the first Underworld film. And of course, there's the infamous director's cut of the LOTR which I too prefer over the short versions.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's funny. Every time I see anything about "The Tudors" I think of you.
                Well then I guess we're kindered Spirits, or you're the Elizabeth to my John or John to My Elizabeth or Rose to My Doctor...
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Deleted scenes are generally deleted for a good reason. It's rare that in TV-shows deleted scenes bring more info than what is already given in the scenes still present. It does happen that sometimes good quality scenes showing a lot of things that could have made a difference are cut for time which than is a damn shame.
                  One exception to that rule WAS in SGA. "Trio." The deleted scene alluded to Sam's relationship with a "officer in Washington" which many Jack/Sam shippers (myself included) considered a jackpot. Still do. It was filmed. It is canon.

Steering back on topic:

I take the same view with any potential deleted scenes that we haven't seen yet for SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    Well then I guess we're kindered Spirits, or you're the Elizabeth to my John or John to My Elizabeth or Rose to My Doctor...
                    ROFL! Kindred spirits, yes, but considering we're both girls, I'm gonna nix the boy/girl comparisons. LOL

Comment

I'm sorry, ShipperWriter, but if there's one pairing in the whole of the SG-verse that I hate more than all the Goa'uld put together it's Sam/Jack. It almost made me stop watching SG1 around season 4.

So, since it wasn't on screen it's not canon. Even though allegedly it was filmed... I don't own season 4 or 5 on DVD so don't actually know what sort of deleted scenes were put on there.

Comment

Though I love director cuts of films - I prefer the director's cut of The Da Vinci Code over the cinema version; same goes for the first Underworld film. And of course, there's the infamous director's cut of the LOTR which I too prefer over the short versions.
                        I agree. It's rare that deleted scenes are good. The biggest exception I can think of is Padme's whole rebellion plot in Star Wars 3. They could have skipped some of the endless CGI and kept that. Without it, Padme had no purpose other than incubator. I kept thinking - where's the kick ass queen of episode I?

With Remnants, I'm not sure if they filmed the comments about John's mother and Elizabeth, but if they did - I really want to see them. What can I say, I'm a sap.

More checklist items for my day....
                        - Make back sore looking all over the house (moving furniture, etc) for senile mother's purse. Check.
                        - Put ice on back. Check.

Comment

i remember watching a deleted scene for reunion and it was pointed out that General O'Neill and Richard Woolsey both recommended Colonel Carter for Expedition Leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            i remember watching a deleted scene for reunion and it was pointed out that General O'Neill and Richard Woolsey both recommended Colonel Carter for Expedition Leader.
                            Which makes no sense since in The Return II O'Neill made sure Elizabeth stayed in charge of the expedition...

Comment

Which makes no sense since in The Return II O'Neill made sure Elizabeth stayed in charge of the expedition...
                              It's best to not even get into Reunion. I hate that episode with the hatred of a thousand burning suns.

ETA - that metaphor doesn't even make sense. That's how much I hate it - it makes me illogical.

Comment

It's best to not even get into Reunion. I hate that episode with the hatred of a thousand burning suns.

ETA - that metaphor doesn't even make sense. That's how much I hate it - it makes me illogical.
                                ah who knows. maybe it was a way for us viewers to know why she was really chosen as expedition leader. truthfully, what they should've down to introduce sam as expedition leader was for the IOA to tell elizabeth that due to her having the nanites in her that she was considered a liability and have her replaced with Colonel Carter but due to elizabeth's experience with the city and the pegasus replicators, you kept her part of the atlantis crew but in a reduced capacity. do i make sense?
                                Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 09 June 2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X