Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I watched Echoes again today. Boy, was that a great episode! The science and medical stuff was complete crap, but it was a fun romp with lots of various character interactions. It even had some Zelenka & Ronon scenes, with reminded me of Return to Pegasus I!!

It's got some great Teyla/Ronon stuff. I love the looks Rachel gives in her scenes - the look when she discovers Ronon has fallen asleep and the one when she kicks his ass:

And they certainly were not sibling like in this one, cause I'd go running if my brother ever acted like Ronon did in the infirmary. *shudders*

There's some Kate/Teyla and a scene with just the 3 ladies:

There's awesome John/Rodney friendship:

There's great scenes with John, Elizabeth, and Rodney. For the most part, I don't think those 3 can go wrong in scenes together. The Game is the only exception I can think of (not sure what happened there).

The cute scene when Rodney tells John and Elizabeth about "Sam" always cracks me up. Sparky gives the same head tilt of WTH:

I love the moment when Elizabeth figures out what the Ancient is saying, and John gets this cute "my super seekrit girlfriend is like, so smart!"

And of course, you can't discuss Echoes without mentioning the carrying scene. Joe looks like he's struggling a bit. Torri's thin but tall. I would have held on if I were her too. Well, for different reasons, I suppose.

After watching seasons 4 and 5, then going back to Echoes, you can really see where the fun was sapped out of the show. It just wasn't fun anymore. Sure, there were serious episodes in seasons 1-3, but they weren't all doom and gloom. And even in serious episodes like The Eye or Common Ground, there were still moments of humor or levity. The Eye had the final scene with my 3 Musketeers bantering, and Common Ground had Rodney trying to prepare the troops. There didn't seem to be much fun in the later episodes.

Ok I have no idea why I just rambled on so much.

Night Sparkies!
    Rambling about good things is a good thing. Thank you for your thoughts, and the pics! Sorry I snipped them out, just in case a mod is watching and I forget ... cause I tend to forget things. Like writing fic and feeding the fic bunnies.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    hey did any of you ever know about an extended version of Rising? cause apparently on the blu-ray complete series set that's coming out apparently there is an extended cut.
    *crosses fingers* Maybe a John/Elizabeth scene when she's trying to convince him to join the Expedition?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    *commercial ends*

Anyway... without further ado, I present to you our very own Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series discussion thread .

If you feel like I should add something or leave something off, just PM me.
    Awesomesauceness!!! I'll hafta go check it out!

Now, my to-do list for today: Go to the gym. Do my laundry. Clean the house for company this weekend. Eat. Start a diet. Sew some garments that have gotten ruined. Write fic. Work on a Sparky video that's hiding on my laptop. Name my netbook. Detail my car.

And the list goes on ...

Ooh, and I need to get on LJ and check on stargate_ren, see if they've updated lately.

*lurk mode*

Comment

All right, you ready for it?

I'm ready!

1,000 POSTS!!!

That's Captain SW to y'all.

Comment

D'oh! *headdesk* I totally forgot, I'm sorry!

(((Probie)))

Good to see you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          *crosses fingers* Maybe a John/Elizabeth scene when she's trying to convince him to join the Expedition?
          well who knows how i know is that im going to get it once i come up with the money to get it.

Comment

I'm ready!

1,000 POSTS!!!

Woot! Congrats! That's quite a list you got there. Here's mine.

Edit RTP Pt. 2.
            Take a break to rest my eyes.
            Edit RTP Pt. 2

This is almost like a job, but a lot more fun. I see we're getting some interesting comments on the discussion thread. I got no answers. Hopefully the writers can reply to some of them. I especially like the one that implied we don't suck nearly as bad as some others. ROTFLMAO!
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the welcome!
              It's nice to be back!
              I'm sure I missed many things.
              Maybe someone can give me a quick summary
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Thank you everyone for the welcome!
                It's nice to be back!
                I'm sure I missed many things.
                Maybe someone can give me a quick summary
                Umm, well, on my end of the world, I got a job with the school system so I have summer off. Yippee!!!

"Return to Pegasus, Pt. 1" got posted.

I missed 20 million things, but that's the stuff I remember. I have long-short-term memory loss, LOL.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies, and Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I'm ready!

1,000 POSTS!!!

Whoo Hoo! Congratulations, Captain! Let's pop open a bottle of champagne and celebrate!

Ooh, and I need to get on LJ and check on stargate_ren, see if they've updated lately.
                  Not yet. It tends to run a couple of months between stories, so I'm not really expecting anything new until July.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Woot! Congrats! That's quite a list you got there. Here's mine.

Edit RTP Pt. 2.
                  Take a break to rest my eyes.
                  Edit RTP Pt. 2

This is almost like a job, but a lot more fun. I see we're getting some interesting comments on the discussion thread. I got no answers. Hopefully the writers can reply to some of them.
                  "Interesting." That's certainly a polite way to describe it.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I especially like the one that implied we don't suck nearly as bad as some others. ROTFLMAO!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good afternoon, Sparkies, and Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Whoo Hoo! Congratulations, Captain! Let's pop open a bottle of champagne and celebrate!

Not yet. It tends to run a couple of months between stories, so I'm not really expecting anything new until July.
                    Yeah, I agree! I didn't even get a chance to get to LJ yet, so thanks, I'll remember that.

"Interesting." That's certainly a polite way to describe it.

So I come bearing a gift:
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Okay, I like this one better.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Okay, I like this one better.
                        Spoiler:
                        Congrats on your 1000!
                        By the way everytime I watch Doctor Who I think of You
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah I need this for a challenge, you think Elizabeth would watch Doctor Who with John and Rodney....I need this for a challenge.
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            hey did any of you ever know about an extended version of Rising? cause apparently on the blu-ray complete series set that's coming out apparently there is an extended cut.
                            Hate to be the pessimist here, but I'd bet it's a few useless shots. The extended versions of Vegas and EatG didn't have anything terribly important, that I recall anyway.

I'd love to see some deleted scenes. Yes, I'm thinking Remnants.

I'm ready!

1,000 POSTS!!!

Congrats!!! And I LOVE your new sig! Sweet!!!!!

My list for today:
                            Survive work. Check
                            Survive heat. Check
                            Relax. Yay!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              Congrats on your 1000!
                              By the way everytime I watch Doctor Who I think of You
                              That's funny. Every time I see anything about "The Tudors" I think of you.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Hate to be the pessimist here, but I'd bet it's a few useless shots. The extended versions of Vegas and EatG didn't have anything terribly important, that I recall anyway.

I'd love to see some deleted scenes. Yes, I'm thinking Remnants.
                                Now, so am I. Hehehehehe!!!

Congrats!!! And I LOVE your new sig! Sweet!!!!!

My list for today:
                                Survive work. Check
                                Survive heat. Check
                                Relax. Yay!!
                                Thanks! I went to the gym, I cleaned part of the house, I cooked dinner for myself (haven't done that in a while), cleaned the kitchen and have to finish doing dishes ... Then there's tomorrow!!!

I put my iPod on shuffle while I was vacumning downstairs, and when I sat down for dinner, "Solitary Man" started playing. I'm a little depressed. Time to put on something cheery and write more fic.

And possibly eat some Ben and Jerry's Americone Dream.

I swear, I am on a diet. I'm measuring my portions.

Comment

Working...
                                X