No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

read chapter 4 and i gotta tell you it was one heck of a chapter. i forgot what it was like for john to really yell at rodney. second, the antarctic base was discovered in 2004 not 03. and the SGC really started up in 1997. granted i'm probably wrong in this but im guessing at the time this was written you guys still had the hammond named the general hammond and not the george hammond.

Comment

Slightly OT:

I just got "Change of Plans"!!!

I watched it, and I was cracking up laughing at some of JoeF's faces ... it was awesome ... but I have to admit, the more I saw Jordan (the oldest of the kids), I could envision her as John and Elizabeth's daughter. Not only in appearance, but in personality. She speaks her mind and she's a strong, independant woman.

And she can beat "Dad".

Okay. Back to working on fics.

Comment

Hey everybody! Another awesome chapter of Rising! Woo hooooooooooo!!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Slightly OT:

I watched it, and I was cracking up laughing at some of JoeF's faces ... it was awesome ... but I have to admit, the more I saw Jordan (the oldest of the kids), I could envision her as John and Elizabeth's daughter. Not only in appearance, but in personality. She speaks her mind and she's a strong, independant woman.

And she can beat "Dad".

I'm so jealous of people who have the summer off!

I never thought about that, in Change of Plans, but now that you mention it - yeah, totally!! Joe's adorable in it.

Comment

Just finished chapters 3 and 4.

Wow. Amazing. I was reading the one scene with everybody discussing the second attack aloud, and the script was perfect for each character!

Amazing job! Can't wait for chapter 5, but I will!!!

Comment

Fic update:

After a 5 month accidental hiatus, Chapter 4 of "On The Other Side" is finally finished and up!

Comment

Fic update:

After a 5 month accidental hiatus, Chapter 4 of "On The Other Side" is finally finished and up!
              Read, reviewed, LOVED!!

Comment

Slightly OT:

And she can beat "Dad".

He was definitely adorable in that movie, more Joe than John. Does the DVD have extras or a commentary?

Oh, and love the fic also.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  He was definitely adorable in that movie, more Joe than John. Does the DVD have extras or a commentary?

Oh, and love the fic also.
                  Yeah, it does. It has a 3-4 minute one-on-one interview with each of the cast, bloopers, and some other items I haven't watched yet. Between writing fic, getting done with the students' last day of school, and getting ready to watch "The Muppet Movie" which I haven't seen since I was, like, 8, it's been a hectic day!

Thanks to you and to JT for the fic-love!!!

Hey, just wonderin -- has anyone directly Tweeted JoeF about the SGARising Premiere??? Actually, DavidHewlitt and JewelStaite might like a shout out too ...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Whatever you decide, I'm okay with starting a thread for it if you so wish me to do. I'm at your service.
                    Dangerous things to say to a man. Oh, wait, you weren't talking to me

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    It sounds good to me; I'd be glad to stop in and answer reader questions as well.
                    Okay, but you should probably draw straws or something for who is going to start up a Blog of Doom I don't know anything about food or good tv, so that rules me out. Oh, wait.....

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Thanks for offering. I think that would be a good idea since it wouldn't be coming from one of us promoting the project but from an interested reader. We can discuss each section as they are being posted. So anytime you want to go ahead and do that you can. Then we'll all jump in. And we'll also promote it on Twitter and LJ.
                    But be sure to mention it when it is started - some of us only check in every now and then, so are likely to miss it
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it does. It has a 3-4 minute one-on-one interview with each of the cast, bloopers, and some other items I haven't watched yet. Between writing fic, getting done with the students' last day of school, and getting ready to watch "The Muppet Movie" which I haven't seen since I was, like, 8, it's been a hectic day!

Thanks to you and to JT for the fic-love!!!

Hey, just wonderin -- has anyone directly Tweeted JoeF about the SGARising Premiere??? Actually, DavidHewlitt and JewelStaite might like a shout out too ...
                      I thought about that too. When SK wakes up, I'll ask her to tweet them with a poke to check it out. She's back in charge of the Twitter.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Okay, but you should probably draw straws or something for who is going to start up a Blog of Doom I don't know anything about food or good tv, so that rules me out. Oh, wait.....

But be sure to mention it when it is started - some of us only check in every now and then, so are likely to miss it
                      I think the Writers' Blog on the website qualifies, but we won't be talking about the oatmeal we had for breakfast or how we took our dogs to the vet. LOL

FH is all over this discussion thread thing and will let us know when it's ready. It will be in the Fanfic section of GW. I'm hoping everyone who's read the first ep will chime in and discuss.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey all! I have to confess I'm mentally exhausted at the moment, so I'm sorry I can't be participating in all the fun discussioin of the publication of RTP I. It's sorta sad that I'm not over the moon excited about all the great response when I'm the one that wrote this one. =\

However--I need to do something fun in my life, so if we start a thread for Rising, I'll gladly jump in and answer questions if they're asked. Or, you can ask me here. Most of the large decisions were decided by the group, but individual scenes I don't mind answering about. I want to join in. @_@
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

I'm reminded of this scene:

Spoiler:

I'm all yours. Put me to work, colonel.
                          (thinking) Do they not see us standing here with them? I don't want to know about the weird power struggle kinks they've got going on.
                          Ok, let's split into groups. Elizabeth, you're with me or I'm with you. However you want to put it.
                          (thinking) Yeah, they're going to get a lot of "exploring" done.
                          (wraith queen thinking) Damn, I was hoping to whump the pretty boy. Oh well, the big guy will be more of a challenge.

Comment

Eri, glad to see you here. We'll welcome however much input you are able to give.

JT-2, that scene was adorable in the first place. Now it's just perfect.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              \
                              Kinda like Darth Vader's heavy breathing.

Speaking of which, totally OT, but absolutely hilarious:

Spoiler:
                              OH MY GOSH I SAW THAT! It was halirious, I would totally go to Disney World with Vader cause its that amusing.

Back to my big bang, the next chapter is Lizzie centric, and this AU!Elizabeth has quite a history so I am excited
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! Of course, in my case, that's 'run around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get all the errands done by noon' Tuesday, but hey, who's counting?

I'll get on it... just as soon as I can find some more time to squeeze out of my break.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

I'm reminded of this scene:

Spoiler:
                                http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_318_0460.JPG

I'm all yours. Put me to work, colonel.
                                (thinking) Do they not see us standing here with them? I don't want to know about the weird power struggle kinks they've got going on.
                                Ok, let's split into groups. Elizabeth, you're with me or I'm with you. However you want to put it.
                                (thinking) Yeah, they're going to get a lot of "exploring" done.
                                (wraith queen thinking) Damn, I was hoping to whump the pretty boy. Oh well, the big guy will be more of a challenge.
                                *dies laughing* I love that scene so darn much.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X