Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    That's what I figured. So each chapter is like act. And there are usually 5 acts in a stargate episode. So does that mean that each episode will be 5 chapters long or in case of a two part episode like Return to Pegasus, Primus Movens and the Lost city, they will be longer in length?
    Patience young grasshopper. All that is up to the author but we are aiming for 5 acts (chapters) in each episode. Our schedule is not carved in stone. The next chapter will be out in a couple of days.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Patience young grasshopper. All that is up to the author but we are aiming for 5 acts (chapters) in each episode. Our schedule is not carved in stone. The next chapter will be out in a couple of days.
      Yes Sensei. This grasshopper always gets ahead of himself so I apologize. I can wait a couple of days. I got other things I can do in RL to occupy my time.

Comment

Also whats the cast for season six? is it the same as season five? or did you bump up carson back from guest starring to being a regular again?

Comment

Since when did the Sparky Thread become a Dojo
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            Since when did the Sparky Thread become a Dojo
            i have no clue but can't it be a Sparky Dojo?

Comment

Seriously, it's been how long since I've been on here, and the multi-quote still doesn't work properly, and I have to log in twice because it does something hinkey with my password? *grumbles*

Re the release date, what about time zones? We're a day ahead of you guys, so it was the right date here

Hee, RTP part I, it's like watching a new episode, no? I can't believe how well it translates onto paper (speaking as someone who doesn't read very much). Bliss

I should do something about my sig. That spoof Richifer one won't cut it for advertising your work (even though it amuses me greatly )
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Seriously, it's been how long since I've been on here, and the multi-quote still doesn't work properly, and I have to log in twice because it does something hinkey with my password? *grumbles*

Re the release date, what about time zones? We're a day ahead of you guys, so it was the right date here

Hee, RTP part I, it's like watching a new episode, no? I can't believe how well it translates onto paper (speaking as someone who doesn't read very much). Bliss

I should do something about my sig. That spoof Richifer one won't cut it for advertising your work (even though it amuses me greatly )
                When I first saw that sig (before I knew your feelings towards certain things) I was so confused by that. I just thought "um, oooook". I still want to see that Missing based one.

In NASA news, space shuttle Endeavor returned home safely this morning. Five weeks until the launch of Atlantis.

Random pictures from Ghost in the Machine. JF is so great with facial expressions. Anyone who says they're not at least friends is a big fat liar.
                Spoiler:

I love this one. Look at Ronon watching John.

And I'm still pissed off at John's so-called friends for just leaving him standing there like that. Of course, this works out for us I suppose in giving us this visual.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Everything works okay for me. Have you rebooted lately?

Thanks for your kind words. We have had a huge amount of traffic on the SGARising website. It was an exciting launch.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  When I first saw that sig (before I knew your feelings towards certain things) I was so confused by that. I just thought "um, oooook". I still want to see that Missing based one.

In NASA news, space shuttle Endeavor returned home safely this morning. Five weeks until the launch of Atlantis.

Random pictures from Ghost in the Machine. JF is so great with facial expressions. Anyone who says they're not at least friends is a big fat liar.
                  Spoiler:
                  http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb..._PDVD_1211.JPG
                  I love this one. Look at Ronon watching John.

And I'm still pissed off at John's so-called friends for just leaving him standing there like that. Of course, this works out for us I suppose in giving us this visual.
                  http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb..._PDVD_1276.JPG
                  He's just worried that Franibeth and her deceptive ways put them all in danger. Maybe he wanted to kill them all but got overruled. He's not sure they won't sneak back in the dark of night and get up to more mischief. It's not a woobie face. It's a "we probably haven't seen the last of that witch" face. Yeah, that's it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, happy Screw the Angst Wednesday, everybody!!!

I'm just subbing for SK while she's incommunicado. She can resume the happy Sparky days when she returns! Impossible for me to take her place!

Very happy to see the teaser chapter for RtP, well done, everybody!!!

My cat woke me up two times last night; had I remembered Endeavour was coming home last night, I would've gone outside and listened for the sonic boom. I live near Tampa, so I might've heard it ... Drats. Til next month.

Gateraid -- I have the same problem with the computers here in the PC lab at school. Whenever I type in my password, it always shows the letters and numbers ... so I have to redo it. IDK why it does that; I'm continuously logged in at home, so not an issue there.

My netbook arrives today!

So, just a "what if" idea to throw out on this lovely, humid Screw the Angst Wednesday: how could that tragic scene in "Final Strike" gone differently? Could she have been somewhere else? Could someone have broken her fall?

Any ideas? Plot bunnies???

Comment

Hello Sparkies!

Just dropping in to say how awesome the first part of RtP is! (I attempted to leave a comment on the blog saying so, but I'm not sure if it worked. Ah well.) Everyone was so spot on (I could hear their voices in my head!) and I loved Mayel's introduction (she's going to be such an awesome character!).

Also, I posted another announcement about the release on dA yesterday as a refresher. Here's a comment someone made:

Awesome chapter. Feels like a script from the actual series... very well done! Can't wait for the next one

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Good morning, happy Screw the Angst Wednesday, everybody!!!

I'm just subbing for SK while she's incommunicado. She can resume the happy Sparky days when she returns! Impossible for me to take her place!

Very happy to see the teaser chapter for RtP, well done, everybody!!!

My cat woke me up two times last night; had I remembered Endeavour was coming home last night, I would've gone outside and listened for the sonic boom. I live near Tampa, so I might've heard it ... Drats. Til next month.

Gateraid -- I have the same problem with the computers here in the PC lab at school. Whenever I type in my password, it always shows the letters and numbers ... so I have to redo it. IDK why it does that; I'm continuously logged in at home, so not an issue there.

My netbook arrives today!

So, just a "what if" idea to throw out on this lovely, humid Screw the Angst Wednesday: how could that tragic scene in "Final Strike" gone differently? Could she have been somewhere else? Could someone have broken her fall?

I always liked this fic as a First Strike fix-it. One that puts The Last Man to good use.
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        Hello Sparkies!

Just dropping in to say how awesome the first part of RtP is! (I attempted to leave a comment on the blog saying so, but I'm not sure if it worked. Ah well.) Everyone was so spot on (I could hear their voices in my head!) and I loved Mayel's introduction (she's going to be such an awesome character!).

Also, I posted another announcement about the release on dA yesterday as a refresher. Here's a comment someone made:

Awesome chapter. Feels like a script from the actual series... very well done! Can't wait for the next one

I always liked this fic as a First Strike fix-it. One that puts The Last Man to good use.
                        I saw your comment. We're tickled you like it. We've gotten great feedback from the gen fans also.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sneaking on at lunch time

He's just worried that Franibeth and her deceptive ways put them all in danger. Maybe he wanted to kill them all but got overruled. He's not sure they won't sneak back in the dark of night and get up to more mischief. It's not a woobie face. It's a "we probably haven't seen the last of that witch" face. Yeah, that's it.
                          Oooh, so that's it! That makes much more sense! Your brain always amuses me.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

I read a good story about that once involving time travel and Ronon thinking about using duct tape to keep Elizabeth from the window....

Well, I liked the teary next of kin scene in Adrift, so I'm not sure I'd want to change the injury in First Strike. Except of course, I wouldn't get rid of her in the next episode. Or maybe they would have honored John's "leave no one behind" character and had him actually rescue her in BAMSR. Then she could have come back and been a Daniel Jackson type with translating and negotiating.

Hey, that's the fic I was thinking about!!

Comment

First off I am in the middle of reading SGA Rising *claps* good job so far ladies.

Speaking of First Strike fix it's I did one recently in my five things where John was in the room when the replicator beam struck. I may be using this idea in my crossover, the beginnings of Sparky take 2. Its not the greatest but it was just a little plot bunny drabble that attacked me:

Spoiler:
                            John happened to be there at the right moment the replicator beam struck causing a massive explosion. He stood rood ready as she went flying backwards. As he caught her, the impact caused them both to fall backwards to the floor. Elizabeth sat up abruptly as everyone came rushing to the control room. She was cut up a bit and probably had a few burns but she was alive. How? That attack could have killed her instantly.

“You don’t have to ask if I’m okay or anything,” John said with a groan, causing her to turn her head. He was lying on the floor flat, limbs spread. He moved his arms and legs making sure he wasn’t paralyzed, “my ass is killing me but that’s okay….you’re alive, that’s all that matters.”

Elizabeth blinked. John…saved her. The explosion could have killed the both of them, but he risked it anyway. No words were able to express her gratitude but the only thing she managed to do was kiss him on the cheek
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Coming to you live from my new Toshiba netbook! God, I love this thing!!!

Hello Sparkies!

Just went and read it. That was awesome! I think the sound that came out of my mouth sounded like "Awwwwooohhh!" ... or something. It made my cat give me a weird look.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Sneaking on at lunch time

Oooh, so that's it! That makes much more sense! Your brain always amuses me.

I read a good story about that once involving time travel and Ronon thinking about using duct tape to keep Elizabeth from the window....

Well, I liked the teary next of kin scene in Adrift, so I'm not sure I'd want to change the injury in First Strike. Except of course, I wouldn't get rid of her in the next episode. Or maybe they would have honored John's "leave no one behind" character and had him actually rescue her in BAMSR. Then she could have come back and been a Daniel Jackson type with translating and negotiating.
                              Oh heck, they could've still used it: Elizabeth survives but when John finds out how close she was to dying, they could've had an actual convo between Sparky where she explains that he is her "next of kin" and if something were to happen ... and she gets a slight sad look ... and he takes her hand ... and hello, plot bunny number 17.

Hey, that's the fic I was thinking about!!
                              Great minds think alike.

First off I am in the middle of reading SGA Rising *claps* good job so far ladies.

Speaking of First Strike fix it's I did one recently in my five things where John was in the room when the replicator beam struck. I may be using this idea in my crossover, the beginnings of Sparky take 2. Its not the greatest but it was just a little plot bunny drabble that attacked me:

Spoiler:
                              John happened to be there at the right moment the replicator beam struck causing a massive explosion. He stood rood ready as she went flying backwards. As he caught her, the impact caused them both to fall backwards to the floor. Elizabeth sat up abruptly as everyone came rushing to the control room. She was cut up a bit and probably had a few burns but she was alive. How? That attack could have killed her instantly.

“You don’t have to ask if I’m okay or anything,” John said with a groan, causing her to turn her head. He was lying on the floor flat, limbs spread. He moved his arms and legs making sure he wasn’t paralyzed, “my ass is killing me but that’s okay….you’re alive, that’s all that matters.”

Elizabeth blinked. John…saved her. The explosion could have killed the both of them, but he risked it anyway. No words were able to express her gratitude but the only thing she managed to do was kiss him on the cheek
                              I liked that scene, too, LadyMore, and was actually thinking about it as I wrote that post! Very in character, I liked it a lot!!!

Okay, time to let my new baby finish charging. Be back later!

Comment

Spoiler:

Glad you liked the first chapter. And the little drabble was cute cute cute.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X