Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    did the doc perscribe a cream or anytype of medication?
    Yes Valtrex, I know you probably heard it's used for Herpes. But apparently Shingles is a form of it...anyway I am hoping it helps.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Holy cow, you're awfully young to have that. Hope it clears up soon.
    The thing is I never even heard of it. But what I think is the culprit if I haven't mentioned it already I have General Anixety Disorder, so I am easily stressed. So I think thats a cause....also as my mom often jokes my bro and I are struck with strange diseases....my brother had his adnoids taken out twice which is a 1 in a 3 million thing, so I guess its my luck.

Thanks deary.
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Multi-quote isn't working for me again (nor is Twitter), so I'll have to do this the hard way...

*snerk* I was thinking about using one of those crops for my avatar, but that seems like it might be tacky. Somehow. Like I might be trying to imply that I'm the only one who ever met him. But if you understand my sense of humor, you know I at least thought about it.
      OMG I love you so much!

Erin87 & Leucothea29 - that cartoon was AWESOME!!!!!

TLM - hope you feel better soon!

We're rapidly approaching a big post count number. Woo Hoo!!

Comment

GW ate my multiquote... bad GW!

Anyway...

Lt. Col. JS

Loved the start to your Green Lantarn the Atlantis edition. I only half know what or more accurately who the Green Lantarn is but I have heard about it, and I watched the trailer of the upcoming film.

Can't help you as a beta though - English isn't my native language.

Originally posted by jaded_jewel
        Hello all!
        *waves* Hello new Spark!

Note to newbie - when the Sparkies refer to the Lemming... that would be me - see location and avatar.

That is all.

Originally posted by jaded_jewel
        I'm conservative and have a lot of moral standards for myself but I'm very laid back. While I may not agree with certain things people do, I try to ignore it if it goes against my moral code. I'm very nonconfrontational yet very assertive if my opinion is asked.
        Any chance you could elaborate on that through the means of a private message... the Lemming is clueless about what exactly all of it means... except for the non-confrontational, very assertive-part.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by {Name redacted at quoted Member's request}
          First, if you just joined can you do private messaging (Gateworld isn't letting me)?
          Oh shoot - forgot about that. Sorry, you can't. You have to wait until you're off moderation to do that. All newbies have to proof they're actual people and not spammers - rule that was implemented a while ago.

Originally posted by {Name redacted at quoted Member's request}
          Second: Basically what I mean is that I don't drink or smoke, and I'm modest about how I dress. Basically I don't do anything that could cloud my judgement and I'm very shy.

I'm laid back though b/c I hate dressing up and I really try not to stress over things.

Hope that cleared it up...and if it didn't well it could be b/c I'm not very articulate at times lol.
          All clear. Thanks.

Just watched some more Pushing Daisies and now I want to send Kate and Teyla, and John and Elizabeth on a double date to the Pie Hole for pie.

I love Pushing Daisies - my feel-good show that makes me giggle and smile.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 June 2013, 11:18 AM.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

so as i was thinking, writing chapter one of my story, i wonder why Sheppard got into flying anyway? was it his mother? or was it someone from his childhood (maybe a friend's brother that was military that was an aviator.) but what made sheppard want to fly?

This Question is for anyone who can answer it. : Say you enter the military at 18, what's the minimum age you can achieve the rank of Major?
            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 25 May 2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
              Yes Valtrex, I know you probably heard it's used for Herpes. But apparently Shingles is a form of it...anyway I am hoping it helps.

The thing is I never even heard of it. But what I think is the culprit if I haven't mentioned it already I have General Anixety Disorder, so I am easily stressed. So I think thats a cause....also as my mom often jokes my bro and I are struck with strange diseases....my brother had his adnoids taken out twice which is a 1 in a 3 million thing, so I guess its my luck.

Thanks deary.
              Shingles usually comes along late in life and is caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox. It lies dormant and stress can bring it out. My mom had it in her 80's. LOL

so as i was thinking, writing chapter one of my story, i wonder why Sheppard got into flying anyway? was it his mother? or was it someone from his childhood (maybe a friend's brother that was military that was an aviator.) but what made sheppard want to fly?

This Question is for anyone who can answer it. : Say you enter the military at 18, what's the minimum age you can achieve the rank of Major?
              Usually early to mid 30's. Entering at 18 without going to college will make you an enlisted person and it's hard to move up to officer. It's done but takes longer. Officers are usually college grads and they enter at around age 21. Sometimes they take ROTC in college which gives them an advantage. I can see John doing that. Hope I haven't confused you more.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I just realized I made the 110,000th post.

We need also to see this again.

sigpic

Comment

http://bestsmileys.com/party/5.gif

http://www.vimeo.com/21263827
                  Happy 110,000 everybody!!! Great to see that video again. So much footage to capture. And the lovely seasons 1-3. I just finished watching season 4 and it sucks like a Hoover. Well, except for some of the John facial expressions like this one when he sees Elizabeth on screen in This Mortal Coil.

Comment

Shingles usually comes along late in life and is caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox. It lies dormant and stress can bring it out. My mom had it in her 80's. LOL.
                    As I learned today....I feel like poor Elizabeth.....she had Dormat nanites I had dormat Chicken pox cells....

Speaking of which....happy 110000

As celebration

a few Sparky one sentence fics
                    http://y0ungandl0aded.livejournal.com/5641.html

And the Four Times Elizabeth Left John Speechless and The one Time he left her Speechless:

http://y0ungandl0aded.livejournal.com/5433.html#cutid1
                    BALCONIES
                    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                    sigpic

Comment

that's amazing. clap clap clap.
                      That was great. Kudos to your friend.
                      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Erin87 & Leucothea29 - that cartoon was AWESOME!!!!!
                      Thanks. I'll be sure to let her know.

Are we going to have a section on the website for the fanart? And should this be put on twitter/etc (not that I have that capability)?

http://bestsmileys.com/party/5.gif

http://www.vimeo.com/21263827
                      Hooray for Sparky! *cheers*
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all enjoyed this Screw the Angst Wednesday and hooray to us for reaching the big 110,000!

Erin, please pass on my complements to Leucothea29, that animated pic is hilarious!

Anyway, i'm settled in for the night and will be getting an early start tomorrow, so I wish you all an early Happy Fluffy Thursday! Nighty-night, Sparkies!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                          Thanks. I'll be sure to let her know.

Are we going to have a section on the website for the fanart? And should this be put on twitter/etc (not that I have that capability)?

Hooray for Sparky! *cheers*
                          The art will go under the downloads section on the website. That's Kris's department but I haven't seen her around lately. Maybe you can PM her and also send her a message on Twitter and I will too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Aloha, everybody!

YAY, we made 110,000!

Drats, I wasn't around for it!!!

I'm too lazy at school right now, so I'm not multi-quoting ... I'll go back and do that at home.

I like Adorable!Joe ... ... well, I like any kind of Joe. Fangirl.

And I may have just bought my new Toshiba netbook from WMdotcom a few moments ago ... Should get it middle of next week ...

So whoo hoo for me, and whoo hoo for the thread!

Back later, have a great morning, everybody!!!

Comment

good morning sparkies.

Comment

Just a reminder, we're almost at 50 moments on the Favorite Sparky Moments thread ... once we hit the big 5-0 (no offense, anybody!), then we can start the number poll!

Or do whatever the heck you want. As long as it supports Sparky ... it can't be wrong, right???

Comment

Working...
                                X