http://theladymore.tumblr.com/post/5...-what-season-6
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      The ads been posted, hopefully you guys like it

http://theladymore.tumblr.com/post/5...-what-season-6
      Very nice. Lots of people should want to take a look after seeing that.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Very nice. Lots of people should want to take a look after seeing that.
        *bows* Thank you, it already has two likes
        BALCONIES
        sigpic

Comment

It's been a while since I've looked at Mallozzi's blog... seems he's started letting a few more spoilers about what would've been in the SGA movie out of the bag.

Like this little gem:
          Spoiler:
          Moritz writes: “Would be great, if you can give some information about the storyline of the moonbase Carter was talking about on Continuum. What was the plan for?”

Answer: I’m not sure if she was kidding or not, but Atlantis is the moonbase – as we reveal in Stargate: Extinction.

Wow. I'd had a feeling that they might have parked Atlantis on the moon post-series. Guess we were right about them still having plenty of power left in the ZPMs after landing in Enemy at the Gate. Interesting.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            It's been a while since I've looked at Mallozzi's blog... seems he's started letting a few more spoilers about what would've been in the SGA movie out of the bag.

Like this little gem:
            Spoiler:
            Moritz writes: “Would be great, if you can give some information about the storyline of the moonbase Carter was talking about on Continuum. What was the plan for?”

Answer: I’m not sure if she was kidding or not, but Atlantis is the moonbase – as we reveal in Stargate: Extinction.

Wow. I'd had a feeling that they might have parked Atlantis on the moon post-series. Guess we were right about them still having plenty of power left in the ZPMs after landing in Enemy at the Gate. Interesting.
            Meh... SGA Rising > ALL! So says mathgirl, so say we all. (my goodness I need to fall asleep soon!)

Comment

That sounds like a risky move. That means a power failure of some kind could kill them all. Plus it feels like a waste of energy. They'd need to keep the shields up at all times. Didn't McKay say that was mostly a waste of power?
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

hey sparkies. sorry i haven't been around. school and stuff.

Comment

Good morning Sparkies. We're celebrating the end of the world today with a cookout. I hope we get to eat before the end comes. *snark*

But Sparky is eternal.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Just saw that Joe's Facebook group posted a link to SGARising. Word is spreading boys and girls. Only 11 more days. So I had to make a ticker.
                    I'm getting anxiety issues all of a sudden. BACK TO TRUST!

TLM, thanks for the promo post--just remember, and this is to all, it's not an episode every week, it'll be every couple of weeks with new chapters going up every few days. I don't want to give people expectations beyond what we can do (and spaz out our writers!)

I thought the same thing, SK, but I still think there are major gate issues there. Would they have just disconnected the one on Earth completely?
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! Oh, and I had a bit of fun with the end of the world nonsense going around today on the SGA_Rising Twitter:

Contrary to popular belief, today is not the end of the world. How do we know? Because there's still 10 days until Atlantis Rising begins!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Meh... SGA Rising > ALL! So says mathgirl, so say we all. (my goodness I need to fall asleep soon!)
                      Word!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      That sounds like a risky move. That means a power failure of some kind could kill them all. Plus it feels like a waste of energy. They'd need to keep the shields up at all times. Didn't McKay say that was mostly a waste of power?
                      I was thinking that myself. It's a lot like when the Ancients abandoned Atlantis under the ocean, except this time, there's also a bunch of people in Atlantis using a lot more power for additional things beside the shields. Presumably, the ZPMs would get drained much faster that way. Unless they either 1) found a big cache of ZPMs somewhere, 2) finally found the instructions to make their own, or 3) found another power source. I can't really see TPTW going for option 2 as it seems like too much of a game-changer, while 1 and 3 seem a little too convenient.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      I'm getting anxiety issues all of a sudden. BACK TO TRUST!

TLM, thanks for the promo post--just remember, and this is to all, it's not an episode every week, it'll be every couple of weeks with new chapters going up every few days. I don't want to give people expectations beyond what we can do (and spaz out our writers!)

I thought the same thing, SK, but I still think there are major gate issues there. Would they have just disconnected the one on Earth completely?
                      Yeah, gotta wonder about the gate. The Earth gate and the Atlantis gate wouldn't be on the same planet anymore, but they'd still be in the same solar system and still pretty darn close to each other. I'd think that issue with a Pegasus gate taking precedence over a Milky Way gate would still be a problem.

Of course, apparently the next SG-1 movie, Revolution,
                      Spoiler:
                      was supposed to involve the revelation of the existence of the Stargate to the rest of the world, so who knows?
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! Oh, and I had a bit of fun with the end of the world nonsense going around today on the SGA_Rising Twitter:

Contrary to popular belief, today is not the end of the world. How do we know? Because there's still 10 days until Atlantis Rising begins!

Word!

I was thinking that myself. It's a lot like when the Ancients abandoned Atlantis under the ocean, except this time, there's also a bunch of people in Atlantis using a lot more power for additional things beside the shields. Presumably, the ZPMs would get drained much faster that way. Unless they either 1) found a big cache of ZPMs somewhere, 2) finally found the instructions to make their own, or 3) found another power source. I can't really see TPTW going for option 2 as it seems like too much of a game-changer, while 1 and 3 seem a little too convenient.
                        There's another option. They use the ZPM's to power to the shields, and then use generators to power everything else a la s1. The shields should only be under the strain equivalent to them being under the ocean (given that they're not under attack), so could presumably last ten thousand years (probably only three or four thousand).

That said, the fact that they're in space adds a further power requirement. If Atlantis is still meant to be a secret, they'd probably have it on the far side of the moon, meaning they'd need to fire off their engines every now and then to maintain their position.

Yeah, gotta wonder about the gate. The Earth gate and the Atlantis gate wouldn't be on the same planet anymore, but they'd still be in the same solar system and still pretty darn close to each other. I'd think that issue with a Pegasus gate taking precedence over a Milky Way gate would still be a problem.

Of course, apparently the next SG-1 movie, Revolution,
                        Spoiler:
                        was supposed to involve the revelation of the existence of the Stargate to the rest of the world, so who knows?
                        It's handwavable. The Earth gate has a McGyver'd DHD, and the Atlantis gate has different dialing protocols (presumably). If they wanted, they could use the fact that Atlantis is in space as an excuse for it being far enough away for them to create a workaround for the DHD's. It may be as simple as recalibrating the position of the Atlantis gate so that it is 'tricked' into thinking it is further away. Given how quickly Zelenka managed to get it to dial out in EatG I can't see this being a problem.

Of course, that's only if they wanted to go down that path.
                        sigpic

Comment

The other thing is that Carter said that in Continuum, which would have chronologically when Atlantis was still sitting around the Pegasus galaxy. Why would she have brought it up then? Was it just supposed to be a joke that turned out to be true or was there some sort of plan by the SGC to bring the city of Atlantis back to Earth even after Season 4 of SGA?
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            The other thing is that Carter said that in Continuum, which would have chronologically when Atlantis was still sitting around the Pegasus galaxy. Why would she have brought it up then? Was it just supposed to be a joke that turned out to be true or was there some sort of plan by the SGC to bring the city of Atlantis back to Earth even after Season 4 of SGA?
                            I think it's likely it was a random line, for which they hadn't decided on an outcome. Kinda like how they included Woolsey in The Last Man as the leader, then it ended up by being a reality later on, because of cast changes rather than something they'd planned.

Others would be better placed to comment, but I gather they were planning on bringing the city back to Earth for s6 anyway. Made of fail IMO
                            sigpic

Comment

Well I got plans incase the "world" ends at six when the world is scheduled to end I am going to the mall go a bit on a shopping spree. If indeed it's the rapture, I apparently not qualified to be swooped up in the rapture since I am Jewish, so I am gonna be sticking around for a while. If the world goes crazy I am gonna hunt me a John Sheppard so I can live a Sparky life while I am stuck in a post rapture world.

Note: I know the rapture isn't happening, I just wanna be funny
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Question: did Joe mallozzi ever give that in-depth look about extinction on his blog?

Comment

Working...
                                X