Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    I knew it from the beginning. Hell you saw it in Rising! Elizabeth regretting sending John out, the ending scene....
    Her toasting him with the champagne bottle and his little nod. Him waving to her when he went through the gate. How they were attached at the hip right from the beginning.

We didn't have to be hit over the head. LOL
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Her toasting him with the champagne bottle and his little nod. Him waving to her when he went through the gate. How they were attached at the hip right from the beginning.

Ah, but what a delightful way to get a headache, yes?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Where is everybody tonight? So lonely ...
        I unfortunately ran into some internet issues... the kind where one of our wireless access points just died which basically means I'm too far away from an access point to connect through wireless means and thus stuck to my mom's computer which is highly annoying.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Yeah where's Kate? Hey, FH, let her come out to help us all!!
        I'm sure she has an opening to help you all...

OT on the costume auction:

Spoiler:
        That costume that I squee'd about - I'm having second thoughts about bidding. I find it weird to be bidding on it - doesn't that make me like, I don't know, obsessed a little... what would I do with it, besides mailing it back to the US to one Claire Rankin to keep it as a souvenir.... *sigh* ...why must I be so indesicive?!?

Except, the shoes... I really want those. Still have to follow up on mailing to propworx to see if they can give me a clue on the brand.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I unfortunately ran into some internet issues... the kind where one of our wireless access points just died which basically means I'm too far away from an access point to connect through wireless means and thus stuck to my mom's computer which is highly annoying.
          Ack! That sucks.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          OT on the costume auction:

Spoiler:
          That costume that I squee'd about - I'm having second thoughts about bidding. I find it weird to be bidding on it - doesn't that make me like, I don't know, obsessed a little... what would I do with it, besides mailing it back to the US to one Claire Rankin to keep it as a souvenir.... *sigh* ...why must I be so indesicive?!?

Except, the shoes... I really want those. Still have to follow up on mailing to propworx to see if they can give me a clue on the brand.
          Spoiler:
          Follow up on emailing Propworx! That way, you can go after a pair of shoes for less than you'd pay for the costume... and you won't have to feel weird about bidding on the costume.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

The Hyena (Ed I think his name was) who was the stupid one in Lion King could take two and two together. Love at first sight? Maybe not, but a spark.
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

I just watched the Stargate Universe Series Finale. It was pretty good. I don't think I've ever been as disapointed as I am now to have seen it cancelled.

I will say this: while storyline wise it certainly wasn't a particularly satisfying conclusion to the arcs of show, the final sequence and especially the final image seemed like very poetic way for the Stargate franchise to see it's end; at least aesthetically speak, in my opinion.

I suppose the rumors Jonas Quinn returning didn't turn out to be true. A pity. I had an excited rant prepared just in case anyway.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                I just watched the Stargate Universe Series Finale. It was pretty good. I don't think I've ever been as disapointed as I am now to have seen it cancelled.
                I was certainly far more impressed overall by the second half of Season 2 than I was by all of Season 1. If only the rest of the series had been as good as those final episodes...

I will say this: while storyline wise it certainly wasn't a particularly satisfying conclusion to the arcs of show, the final sequence and especially the final image seemed like very poetic way for the Stargate franchise to see it's end; at least aesthetically speak, in my opinion.
                Agreed. In that respect, it was much like "Enemy at the Gate" was for Atlantis; didn't do anything to give a proper wrap-up to the storylines, but the final scene made for a thematically fitting bookend to match the beginning of the series. Ironic, isn't it?

I suppose the rumors Jonas Quinn returning didn't turn out to be true. A pity. I had an excited rant prepared just in case anyway.
                LOL!

Comment

Fic alert: The conclusion of Stargate!Ren's With Fire and Sword has just been posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Fic alert: The conclusion of Stargate!Ren's With Fire and Sword has just been posted!
                    *SW squees her brains out and runs to read*

EDIT: I was squeeing so much I couldn't type!
                    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 11 May 2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Other Note to Self.....Natalia Kills song is a bad influence!
                      BALCONIES
                      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

stargate_ren:
                        Spoiler:
                        SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Wow, that ending was awesome! Soooooo wanna see the royal wedding soon ... and poor Peter. They left him hanging in the balance ... *pouts*

Comment

Math for SGA Rising project.

Eri13, I've done this with the assumption you wanted Primum Movens parts I & II to be posted before the con. If you only want part I posted, please let me know and I'll adjust the calculations.

Assumptions:
                          1. 11 episodes
                          2. 5 acts per episode
                          3. Publishing complete by 10/26 (Weds before the con)

Option 1:
                          • 1 day between acts (example - act 1 on Monday, rest day, act 2 on Wednesday)
                          • 5 days between episodes (example - ep 1 act 5 on Monday, 5 rest days, ep 2 act 1 on Sunday)

Posting starts on 5/31.

Option 2:
                          • 1 day between acts
                          • 4 days between episodes

Posting starts 6/10.

Option 3:
                          • 1 day between acts
                          • 3 days between episodes

Posting starts 6/20.

Option 4:
                          • 1 day between acts
                          • 2 days between episodes

Posting starts 6/30.

Option 5:
                          • 2 day between acts

Posting starts 5/17.

If there are any other options you'd like me to try, please let me know. Also, I can send a publishing schedule by date for any of these options.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            stargate_ren:
                            Spoiler:
                            SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Wow, that ending was awesome! Soooooo wanna see the royal wedding soon ... and poor Peter. They left him hanging in the balance ... *pouts*
                            Oh, tell me about it!
                            Spoiler:
                            We can haz wedding nao, plz? ZOMG, that was evil to leave us wondering about Peter, though. But then, the writers are not called the Axis of Evil for nothing. The part that I squeed at most had to be when Elizabeth welcomed him home and John said he was home to stay. *sighs and melts into a puddle of happy goo*

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Math for SGA Rising project.

Eri13, I've done this with the assumption you wanted Primum Movens parts I & II to be posted before the con. If you only want part I posted, please let me know and I'll adjust the calculations.

Assumptions:
                              1. 11 episodes
                              2. 5 acts per episode
                              3. Publishing complete by 10/26 (Weds before the con)

Option 1:
                              • 1 day between acts (example - act 1 on Monday, rest day, act 2 on Wednesday)
                              • 5 days between episodes (example - ep 1 act 5 on Monday, 5 rest days, ep 2 act 1 on Sunday)

Posting starts on 5/31.

Option 2:
                              • 1 day between acts
                              • 4 days between episodes

Posting starts 6/10.

Option 3:
                              • 1 day between acts
                              • 3 days between episodes

Posting starts 6/20.

Option 4:
                              • 1 day between acts

Posting starts 6/30.

Option 5:
                              • 2 day between acts

Posting starts 5/17.

If there are any other options you'd like me to try, please let me know. Also, I can send a publishing schedule by date for any of these options.
                              Holy smokes! *bows in worship* Your mad math skillz are awesome!

Honestly, all of these options look good to me, and I'll be fine with whatever Eri, SR and the others decide. So with that in mind, it's back to the writing desk so I can get RtP 2 done!

Comment

A'right, I'm signing off for the night. See everyone bright and early tomorrow! [/snark]

Night!

Comment

Working...
                                X