Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Love it! Love it! Love it! Please hurry and finish it before I start going through withdrawals! I want to find out how they got into the mess!

Does anybody here know much about the Highlander universe? I'm working on an overly complicated crossover fic were Elizabeth becomes and Immortal. I'm not to the part where that happens yet but I'm struggling with just how relucatant she'll be to learning how to use a sword. Any thoughts?
    I love the Highlander books, though I'm a bit on the outs with the author since she went on her anti-fanfic rant. The swords they used were very heavy and I don't recall a woman ever using one in the books. I may be wrong. Did they have rapiers? That might work for Elizabeth. Though I think she might be very reluctant, or since you're already in an AU, maybe she could have taken fencing classes and know how to use one. Anything is possible in fanfic.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    LOL I hope Elizabeth won't be dressing according to their fashion advice.
    Seconds that. And Cosmopolitan? *pukes* Vogue maybe.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

i know tonight is the SGU Series Finale but something feels off.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        i know tonight is the SGU Series Finale but something feels off.
        You might know the answer to this. Is Sanctuary back on Friday? My DVR missed it last week. *fumes* And does anybody know when or if they might rerun last week's episode?

SyFy is really starting to tick me off.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey, I took a risk when I came here and nobody said "hi" to me. You're so mean.lol

About SGU, I started to watch it on the french tv and it's not so bad.lol I waited the end of the show to start to like it.

Didn't know "Ferocious Planet" is available. I'm sooo behind you.

I was reading some pages at the begining of this thread and I like it.
          Don't start to yell at me. I know I have work to do but I have a headache.lol
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            Hey, I took a risk when I came here and nobody said "hi" to me. You're so mean.lol

About SGU, I started to watch it on the french tv and it's not so bad.lol I waited the end of the show to start to like it.

Didn't know "Ferocious Planet" is available. I'm sooo behind you.

I was reading some pages at the begining of this thread and I like it.
            Don't start to yell at me. I know I have work to do but I have a headache.lol
            Hi.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Live in fear, I have another brief teaser from Return to Pegasus, Part II for you all:

Spoiler:
              Sheppard stood at attention as he and Woolsey explained the events of the last few hours to General O'Neill at Homeworld Command. O'Neill was one of the few commanding officers Sheppard had ever had that he'd truly respected, not only for the fact that O'Neill actually gave a damn about the men and women who served under him, but also because he'd just as soon rather be back in the trenches with them instead of playing desk jockey. Plus, he was just a cool guy all around. The scowl on O'Neill's face now gave Sheppard a slight feeling of dread and shame at disappointing the man.

Of course, it was just as possible that the odd feelings were from the fact that John was currently residing in someone else's body. It was his first time being "stoned," as those aboard the faraway Destiny had unofficially nicknamed the procedure, and he wasn't relishing the experience. He wondered vaguely if this was anything like what Steven Caldwell had felt like while he'd been under the control of a Goa'uld symbiote. Before he started drawing up plans to compare notes with Caldwell the next time the two met, O'Neill drew John's attention with an arch look across his desk.

"Sheppard, what did I tell you before you took off with Atlantis?"

"Avoid eleventh hour saves and draining the ZPM," Sheppard answered automatically.

O'Neill rolled his eyes. "So why is it that you and Woolsey are now standing before me in the guise of two young, strapping junior airmen who look nothing like you, and you're saying that you've just gone and done both?"

"To be fair, General," Woolsey broke in, the voice of his borrowed body a bit higher than his normal voice and prompting John to think that this would all be incredibly funny if they were merely spectators to this latest trainwreck rather than living it themselves, "We didn't plan on doing either. It just sort of..."

"Happened?" O'Neill finished, then sighed. "I guess it figures something would go wrong. The IOA's gonna be pissed, though."

"We don't doubt that for a second," Woolsey replied, while Sheppard snorted in the background.

"All right, what do you need? Aside from the ZPM from the Coria, since you obviously don't have the power to open the gate long enough to send even a databurst? And the Daedalus, since you'll just as obviously need a ship to bring the ZPM to you, and Caldwell is chomping at the bit to get outta the Milky Way just for old times' sake?"

Sheppard and Woolsey exchanged looks.

"More bullets?"

"And lots more coffee. McKay's probably gonna go through our stock in a week, the way he's going."

"You think it'll take him that long? I'd give him two more days, tops."

"Good point."

*cackles and slips off to dinner*
              That was awesome! I was cracking up at John's reaction to being 'stoned'.

I can't wait to read the rest of it! Seeing Jack was such a treat. :3
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

i'm hoping he takes on a more prominent role like he did in universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Hi.
                  LOL It's a small "hi" but I take it.

Question: When you will post the first episode of SGA Rising?
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL It's a small "hi" but I take it.

Soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

Soon.
                      LOL
                      Are you Teal'c?

Thank you for the answer.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

HI, PROBIE!

Soon.
                        Heh. What she said.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Long live Elizabeth Weir. She really did more for the members of that Expedition that anyone would ask, or expect. It's very understandable why she's called "the heart of Atlantis".

Oh wait. That's Carson.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        *bows to SK*

OMG, that was beautiful! Everybody was in character, the lines were perfect, nicely done!!! Gnawing at the bit for the rest of RtP!!!

Back to work. Later!
                        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Glad you all liked it! I had to get Jack in there somehow, and a report to Earth after they got back to Pegasus *winks at Eri* was the perfect opportunity. As was seeing John 'stoned.' Hahahah!

I love the Highlander books, though I'm a bit on the outs with the author since she went on her anti-fanfic rant. The swords they used were very heavy and I don't recall a woman ever using one in the books. I may be wrong. Did they have rapiers? That might work for Elizabeth. Though I think she might be very reluctant, or since you're already in an AU, maybe she could have taken fencing classes and know how to use one. Anything is possible in fanfic.
                        Actually, I think mandogater was talking about the Highlander film/TV series. I'm not familiar enough with that 'verse to really speak on it, though.

Back to the writing desk!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

HI, PROBIE!

Heh. What she said.

Glad you all liked it! I had to get Jack in there somehow, and a report to Earth after they got back to Pegasus *winks at Eri* was the perfect opportunity. As was seeing John 'stoned.' Hahahah!

Actually, I think mandogater was talking about the Highlander film/TV series. I'm not familiar enough with that 'verse to really speak on it, though.

Back to the writing desk!
                          Huh? Oh sorry. I guess I pushed the wrong button. Hopefully, he will see my post. LOL

Okay, now I'm confused. I quoted mandogater and answered. How did you end up with it? LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Huh? Oh sorry. I guess I pushed the wrong button. Hopefully, he will see my post. LOL

Okay, now I'm confused. I quoted mandogater and answered. How did you end up with it? LOL
                            Ahahahah! I am the Scary Kitty! I iz everywhere!

*runs around in circles like a maniac, then goes back to the writing desk*

Yeah, my brain is sooo fried right now.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey guys! How is everyone?

I am feeling inclined to write ficlets today, to get back in my writing shape - any prompts you gyus might give me? I am willing to write almost everything, including smut (especially smut?).

Prompt me, dearest thread!
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Hey guys! How is everyone?

I am feeling inclined to write ficlets today, to get back in my writing shape - any prompts you gyus might give me? I am willing to write almost everything, including smut (especially smut?).

Prompt me, dearest thread!
                                Oooh, prompts. Okay how about showing us what real UST looks like? They are totally in character. You can't go outside canon but you can add a tag scene in any episode to show how attracted they are but they don't act on it. *evil*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X