Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I just finished my rewatch of Lifeline. Wow, the Sparky eye!sex is amazing in this one. Before the boys leave the jumper, John and Elizabeth stare at each other for 9 straight seconds with no dialogue to even support the prolonged gaze.
    And don't forget that long long look when Rodney was watching them. He even commented on how John trusted her more than him. Non-verbal communication is crucial for any ship, I think. And they had it.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Happy Mother's Day!!!
    Thanks, and the same to any other mothers out there. I'm being taken out for brunch, so I won't be around until later this afternoon. But keep up the good Sparky work while I'm gone.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I booked my tickets for Halfway!!!
      Lucky little lemming! OMG!!!!
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        And don't forget that long long look when Rodney was watching them. He even commented on how John trusted her more than him. Non-verbal communication is crucial for any ship, I think. And they had it.

Thanks, and the same to any other mothers out there. I'm being taken out for brunch, so I won't be around until later this afternoon. But keep up the good Sparky work while I'm gone.
        Yes, non verbal communication is how you show things instead of telling them. Non verbal communication is also 90% of communication - no wonder John and Elizabeth come accross so strongly as two people whos hare something - a friendship, a bond, love, call it as you will, but it's there, it's on screen, and denying it would be like... IDK, ignoring a herad of elephants stomping through your living room.

I won't be around much either, have two friends to visit - but I'll definitely stop by later! *hugs*
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day!

In Rising, might I add, the team went back to get their people back, not necessarily the Athosians. They just came with the package as you can't just go about freeing one set of people and leave the rest to die. John was trying to make friends so it was a given at the time (but then the Athosians wouldn't know yet) that he would free them just as much as his own.

We don't leave our people behind - I can imagine that Teyla wouldn't include her or Ronon in that.
          Perhaps. But I can imagine that for Teyla, seeing the rescue team from Atlantis show up, when she's grown up knowing what the Wraith are like and knows that they don't know, but still came anyway, must have made some impact on her.

Yay! I hope you have lots of fun!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Yes, non verbal communication is how you show things instead of telling them. Non verbal communication is also 90% of communication - no wonder John and Elizabeth come accross so strongly as two people whos hare something - a friendship, a bond, love, call it as you will, but it's there, it's on screen, and denying it would be like... IDK, ignoring a herad of elephants stomping through your living room.

I won't be around much either, have two friends to visit - but I'll definitely stop by later! *hugs*
          A herd of RED elephants.

I may not be on much today either; in addition to Mother's Day festivities, I've got some writing to do. But I'll be popping in when I can!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            ...IDK, ignoring a herad of elephants stomping through your living room.
            That is kind of hard to ignore indeed.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Perhaps. But I can imagine that for Teyla, seeing the rescue team from Atlantis show up, when she's grown up knowing what the Wraith are like and knows that they don't know, but still came anyway, must have made some impact on her.
            Mmm... good point also.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I gotta write haven't written in three days and it's killing me.... Any good Sparky ideas I can used that the peanut gallery wants to see?
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                ...the peanut gallery...
                The peanut gallery?!?

Comment

Happy Mother's Day!!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  makes ya wonder if John makes a trip to his mother's grave and to see Elizabeth's Mother just to see how she was doing.
                  Considering John went to see Ford's cousin, I think it's safe to say he went to see Elizabeth's mom. It would have been great to SEE that, of course. But not with these writers. I've read quite a few fics with that scene, though.

Comment

The peanut gallery?!?

Okay okay, how about the Sparkylicious Gallery including the Lemming?
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay okay, how about the Sparkylicious Gallery including the Lemming?
                      It actually made me giggle, that's all... you can name it whatever you like.

The Lemming doesn't even need to be included. I'll just guard the door.

Comment

I know

Yes and if she does it well, she gets an Atlantis Survillance tape of Kate and Teyla
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the club!!!!!!!!

I love all the picspam and gif. I want to watch some episodes but I don't have my dvds.grrrr
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Yes and if she does it well, she gets an Atlantis Survillance tape of Kate and Teyla
                            Another one they'll have to confiscate before it goes city-wide.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            Welcome to the club!!!!!!!!
                            Woohoo!!!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            I want to watch some episodes but I don't have my dvds.grrrr
                            That is highly annoying indeed.

Comment

Live in fear, I have another brief teaser from Return to Pegasus, Part II for you all:

Spoiler:
                              Sheppard stood at attention as he and Woolsey explained the events of the last few hours to General O'Neill at Homeworld Command. O'Neill was one of the few commanding officers Sheppard had ever had that he'd truly respected, not only for the fact that O'Neill actually gave a damn about the men and women who served under him, but also because he'd just as soon rather be back in the trenches with them instead of playing desk jockey. Plus, he was just a cool guy all around. The scowl on O'Neill's face now gave Sheppard a slight feeling of dread and shame at disappointing the man.

Of course, it was just as possible that the odd feelings were from the fact that John was currently residing in someone else's body. It was his first time being "stoned," as those aboard the faraway Destiny had unofficially nicknamed the procedure, and he wasn't relishing the experience. He wondered vaguely if this was anything like what Steven Caldwell had felt like while he'd been under the control of a Goa'uld symbiote. Before he started drawing up plans to compare notes with Caldwell the next time the two met, O'Neill drew John's attention with an arch look across his desk.

"Sheppard, what did I tell you before you took off with Atlantis?"

"Avoid eleventh hour saves and draining the ZPM," Sheppard answered automatically.

O'Neill rolled his eyes. "So why is it that you and Woolsey are now standing before me in the guise of two young, strapping junior airmen who look nothing like you, and you're saying that you've just gone and done both?"

"To be fair, General," Woolsey broke in, the voice of his borrowed body a bit higher than his normal voice and prompting John to think that this would all be incredibly funny if they were merely spectators to this latest trainwreck rather than living it themselves, "We didn't plan on doing either. It just sort of..."

"Happened?" O'Neill finished, then sighed. "I guess it figures something would go wrong. The IOA's gonna be pissed, though."

"We don't doubt that for a second," Woolsey replied, while Sheppard snorted in the background.

"All right, what do you need? Aside from the ZPM from the Coria, since you obviously don't have the power to open the gate long enough to send even a databurst? And the Daedalus, since you'll just as obviously need a ship to bring the ZPM to you, and Caldwell is chomping at the bit to get outta the Milky Way just for old times' sake?"

Sheppard and Woolsey exchanged looks.

"More bullets?"

"And lots more coffee. McKay's probably gonna go through our stock in a week, the way he's going."

"You think it'll take him that long? I'd give him two more days, tops."

"Good point."

*cackles and slips off to dinner*
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Live in fear, I have another brief teaser from Return to Pegasus, Part II for you all:

Spoiler:
                                Sheppard stood at attention as he and Woolsey explained the events of the last few hours to General O'Neill at Homeworld Command. O'Neill was one of the few commanding officers Sheppard had ever had that he'd truly respected, not only for the fact that O'Neill actually gave a damn about the men and women who served under him, but also because he'd just as soon rather be back in the trenches with them instead of playing desk jockey. Plus, he was just a cool guy all around. The scowl on O'Neill's face now gave Sheppard a slight feeling of dread and shame at disappointing the man.

Of course, it was just as possible that the odd feelings were from the fact that John was currently residing in someone else's body. It was his first time being "stoned," as those aboard the faraway Destiny had unofficially nicknamed the procedure, and he wasn't relishing the experience. He wondered vaguely if this was anything like what Steven Caldwell had felt like while he'd been under the control of a Goa'uld symbiote. Before he started drawing up plans to compare notes with Caldwell the next time the two met, O'Neill drew John's attention with an arch look across his desk.

"Sheppard, what did I tell you before you took off with Atlantis?"

"Avoid eleventh hour saves and draining the ZPM," Sheppard answered automatically.

O'Neill rolled his eyes. "So why is it that you and Woolsey are now standing before me in the guise of two young, strapping junior airmen who look nothing like you, and you're saying that you've just gone and done both?"

"To be fair, General," Woolsey broke in, the voice of his borrowed body a bit higher than his normal voice and prompting John to think that this would all be incredibly funny if they were merely spectators to this latest trainwreck rather than living it themselves, "We didn't plan on doing either. It just sort of..."

"Happened?" O'Neill finished, then sighed. "I guess it figures something would go wrong. The IOA's gonna be pissed, though."

"We don't doubt that for a second," Woolsey replied, while Sheppard snorted in the background.

"All right, what do you need? Aside from the ZPM from the Coria, since you obviously don't have the power to open the gate long enough to send even a databurst? And the Daedalus, since you'll just as obviously need a ship to bring the ZPM to you, and Caldwell is chomping at the bit to get outta the Milky Way just for old times' sake?"

Sheppard and Woolsey exchanged looks.

"More bullets?"

"And lots more coffee. McKay's probably gonna go through our stock in a week, the way he's going."

"You think it'll take him that long? I'd give him two more days, tops."

"Good point."

*cackles and slips off to dinner*
                                *claps* Cannot wait to read the rest!
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X