Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    I love screwing with history in my stories anyway. Its interesting.
    I studied Archaeology at university for two years, and I'm a history geek so I prefer historical accuracy over inaccuracy.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Have I ever mentioned that? I'm a sign language interpreter. FYI.
    Cool!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    With the new uniforms does that mean Chuck (the atlantis version of walter) will be getting to "Wear" one of those SGU Type uniforms cause if so you guys are going to have to come up with a Last name for him.
    Seeing as how they used his actual first name, they could just as well use his actual last name - Campbell.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    J'adore cette étreinte. Le premier câlin de la série. J'aime le regard de John. Il ne s'y attendait pas du tout et il passe par plusieurs sentiments: la surprise, l'envie de la serrer contre lui, la gêne et le soulagement de la savoir en vie. Puis ce petit moment avec la langue est délicieux.

Yes it's true. In french, it's better.lol
    It does sound more romantic in French.

I always went with Campbell as his last name. *shrugs* I just figured since they used his real first name, maybe they would use his real last name.
    Funny random fact: It was Torri who slipped up by calling him Chuck and it stuck.

Then again, what better way to die than squeeing with glee after reading a happy Sparky fic?

Oh yeah. ACTUALLY meeting JoeF and Torri. That would do it.

That means I only have 5 more months to live... ...but I would die happy indeed. Although i would be even happier if it was Claire I'd be meeting.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6jk2a5zC91qay2llo1_500.jpg

Okay guys, take a look at his smile in the upper left cap. How many times do we see him smile like this? OMG! And there's a whole new word I learned today - eyelove
      "Eyelove"? That makes me think of the last scene of The Real World. The looks John gives her. *sigh*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Okay, this is the best I could do on short notice. Full of errors, but I feel lazy. And there's also a special homage to Eri.

Spoiler:
      A Man in Uniform

Elizabeth paused. Her stomach fluttered for a moment and forgetting everything around her, she just stood there for several timeless seconds.

John stood straight and tall, eyes directly ahead, shoulders squared—almost at attention but, John being John, not quite up to passing a General inspection.

Elizabeth's lips quirked as his shining gaze found her, and he swayed a minute fraction on his feet.

The uniform of a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Air Force isn't particularly impressive. No gold braid adorns the sleeves, no fancy fringed epaulets sit on the shoulders and no color but the somber Air Force blue is in evidence.

Sheppard's rows of medals and ribbons drew the eye, telling the observer that this was a man who had seen his share of combat and had distinguished himself in multiple ways.

Elizabeth's eyes lingered over the rows for a moment and then were drawn back up over the smoothly shaven face and back to the hazel eyes—always the eyes. Whoever said the eyes are the windows of the soul must have met John Sheppard, for out of these sparkling organs today poured an unmistakable emotion.

John licked his lips and lifted his head in one of those backwards nods of his.

Elizabeth's smile grew wider but she still didn't move.

Standing so formally, so squared away, was so not the customary appearance of the man in the uniform on any other day.

Elizabeth took one step forward and paused again to take a closer look.

Perfectly appointed uniform, straight posture, shoes shined and gleaming with every piece of brass polished and perfectly placed. And then Elizabeth saw it, that one piece of imperfection that was endearing and somehow reassuring—the hair was tired of waiting. The hair had decided to rebel, seeming even as the room was still and expectant to be saying “Let's get on with it already.” The hair popped up of its own accord into its usual crown of cowlicks.

John's hand twitched as if he could feel what was happening and wanted to try to stop it.

Elizabeth sighed and began putting one foot in front of the other, continuing her slow procession down the aisle.

John sighed and forgot about his uncooperative hair.

The crowd sighed and stood to honor the bride.
      Holy smokes that was SO AWESOME!! And teh hair that defies regulation! YAY!!

I always went with Campbell as his last name. *shrugs* I just figured since they used his real first name, maybe they would use his real last name. Darn you, TPTW, for leaving us so many loose ends. Praise SGARising, since we get to tie them up.
      Hey, if Stargate Ren can do it.

i could just see the end credits now: chuck campbell as Sgt. Chuck Campbell.

And I made a horrible mistake.

I drank an alcoholic beverage on an empty stomach.

Let's see what hell I can unleash I can write tonight.

Mwahahaha.
      Oh boy, everybody look out! LMAO!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      That means I only have 5 more months to live... ...but I would die happy indeed. Although i would be even happier if it was Claire I'd be meeting.
      What a way to go.

Comment

Funny random fact: It was Torri who slipped up by calling him Chuck and it stuck.
        Haha, I totally forgot about that!!! Thank you, Torri!!!

Does the lemming have a bucket list? We should get started.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        "Eyelove"? That makes me think of the last scene of The Real World. The looks John gives her. *sigh*
        http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_306_1767.JPG
        *melts*

Holy smokes that was SO AWESOME!! And teh hair that defies regulation! YAY!!
        Auntie Red is good at what she does!

Reminds me, need to check and see if they've updated ...

Oh boy, everybody look out! LMAO!
        Unfortunately, I ate dinner and it wore off. Drats.

Still working on fics. SR, thank you for the uniform info you provided, it helped a lot!

Comment

900 posts! Only 100 more till I hit 1,000, and only 19,000 more till I catch up with FH.

*crickets*

Where is everybody?!

Comment

I studied Archaeology at university for two years, and I'm a history geek so I prefer historical accuracy over inaccuracy.
            *high fives* I love Merlin but I have so much trouble with the changes in "canon" I almost drive Mr. SR batty. And that's not even history. We have enough problems today with the rewriting of history for political reasons, we don't need to do it for fictional purposes.

And thanks so much to everyone for liking my little fic. The dashes were for Eri but don't expect a repeat. Who's a stick in the mud? What you talkin' 'bout?

Now everybody go add something to the Sparky favorite moments thread..
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_306_1767.JPG
              *sighs and melts*

Keeping a weather eye out for the next part of the current story...

900 posts! Only 100 more till I hit 1,000, and only 19,000 more till I catch up with FH.

*crickets*

Where is everybody?!
              Writing fic.

*high fives* I love Merlin but I have so much trouble with the changes in "canon" I almost drive Mr. SR batty. And that's not even history. We have enough problems today with the rewriting of history for political reasons, we don't need to do it for fictional purposes.

And thanks so much to everyone for liking my little fic. The dashes were for Eri but don't expect a repeat. Who's a stick in the mud? What you talkin' 'bout?

Now everybody go add something to the Sparky favorite moments thread..
              Done! *salutes*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey, I thought of another "eyelove" scene. The meeting with Elizabeth and John's team in Misbegotten. They look at each other with some intense affection.

Spoiler:

John's eyes never leave Elizabeth. He's a man smitten.

And poor Rodney just wants Lizzie to look at him that way.

Comment

Hey, I thought of another "eyelove" scene. The meeting with Elizabeth and John's team in Misbegotten. They look at each other with some intense affection.

John's eyes never leave Elizabeth. He's a man smitten.

And poor Rodney just wants Lizzie to look at him that way.
                  Rodney's got Keller so he should be grateful.

Comment

Rodney's got Keller so he should be grateful.
                    Well, he hadn't met her yet.

Comment

Well, he hadn't met her yet.
                      What about Katie Brown or were they still not talking?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Yep, I think that says it all.

BRING ON THE CHAOS! AHAHAHAHAH!!!!
                        Don't go crazy Lady....two weeks left as a minor!!!!!!! GAHHH THE SUSPENCE IS KILLING ME!
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

What about Katie Brown or were they still not talking?
                          Hmm, I don't remember. Was it Sunday where they reconnected?

I was just joking, really. Although I do think Rodney had a wee crush, just like Zelenka did.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6jk2a5zC91qay2llo1_500.jpg

Okay guys, take a look at his smile in the upper left cap. How many times do we see him smile like this? OMG! And there's a whole new word I learned today - eyelove
                            That is the best smile ever!! *swoons* I wish we could have seen it more often - except then our tvs would have exploded and then where would we be?

Okay, this is the best I could do on short notice. Full of errors, but I feel lazy. And there's also a special homage to Eri.

Spoiler:
                            A Man in Uniform

Elizabeth paused. Her stomach fluttered for a moment and forgetting everything around her, she just stood there for several timeless seconds.

John stood straight and tall, eyes directly ahead, shoulders squared—almost at attention but, John being John, not quite up to passing a General inspection.

Elizabeth's lips quirked as his shining gaze found her, and he swayed a minute fraction on his feet.

The uniform of a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Air Force isn't particularly impressive. No gold braid adorns the sleeves, no fancy fringed epaulets sit on the shoulders and no color but the somber Air Force blue is in evidence.

Sheppard's rows of medals and ribbons drew the eye, telling the observer that this was a man who had seen his share of combat and had distinguished himself in multiple ways.

Elizabeth's eyes lingered over the rows for a moment and then were drawn back up over the smoothly shaven face and back to the hazel eyes—always the eyes. Whoever said the eyes are the windows of the soul must have met John Sheppard, for out of these sparkling organs today poured an unmistakable emotion.

Standing so formally, so squared away, was so not the customary appearance of the man in the uniform on any other day.

Perfectly appointed uniform, straight posture, shoes shined and gleaming with every piece of brass polished and perfectly placed. And then Elizabeth saw it, that one piece of imperfection that was endearing and somehow reassuring—the hair was tired of waiting. The hair had decided to rebel, seeming even as the room was still and expectant to be saying “Let's get on with it already.” The hair popped up of its own accord into its usual crown of cowlicks.

John's hand twitched as if he could feel what was happening and wanted to try to stop it.

Elizabeth sighed and began putting one foot in front of the other, continuing her slow procession down the aisle.

SQUEE!!!!! What a lovely surprise ending. *hearts*
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Spoiler:
                              A Man in Uniform

This was a beautiful fic it was almost like we can see John standing there in the uniform and the beautiful messed black hair I again want to run my fingers through.
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

*runs in, shrieking in joy*

Part 6 of Stargate!Ren's With Fire and Sword is now up!

*runs out and starts reading*
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X