Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And not like we don't already have enough to do, but:

Favorite Sparky Moments - 1-50 and then favorite is still up ...

And wow, we've got 13 members browsing the thread right now! Welcome, everybody!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Yeah, it's 4:30pm here in Florida ... I'm on GW, FaceBook, Twitter, iTunes at the moment. And writing a new fic. Can I add my name to any more social sites?!
      myspace, Livejournal, tumblr.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Okay, this is the best I could do on short notice. Full of errors, but I feel lazy. And there's also a special homage to Eri.

Spoiler:
        A Man in Uniform

Elizabeth paused. Her stomach fluttered for a moment and forgetting everything around her, she just stood there for several timeless seconds.

John stood straight and tall, eyes directly ahead, shoulders squared—almost at attention but, John being John, not quite up to passing a General inspection.

Elizabeth's lips quirked as his shining gaze found her, and he swayed a minute fraction on his feet.

The uniform of a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Air Force isn't particularly impressive. No gold braid adorns the sleeves, no fancy fringed epaulets sit on the shoulders and no color but the somber Air Force blue is in evidence.

Sheppard's rows of medals and ribbons drew the eye, telling the observer that this was a man who had seen his share of combat and had distinguished himself in multiple ways.

Elizabeth's eyes lingered over the rows for a moment and then were drawn back up over the smoothly shaven face and back to the hazel eyes—always the eyes. Whoever said the eyes are the windows of the soul must have met John Sheppard, for out of these sparkling organs today poured an unmistakable emotion.

John licked his lips and lifted his head in one of those backwards nods of his.

Elizabeth's smile grew wider but she still didn't move.

Standing so formally, so squared away, was so not the customary appearance of the man in the uniform on any other day.

Elizabeth took one step forward and paused again to take a closer look.

Perfectly appointed uniform, straight posture, shoes shined and gleaming with every piece of brass polished and perfectly placed. And then Elizabeth saw it, that one piece of imperfection that was endearing and somehow reassuring—the hair was tired of waiting. The hair had decided to rebel, seeming even as the room was still and expectant to be saying “Let's get on with it already.” The hair popped up of its own accord into its usual crown of cowlicks.

John's hand twitched as if he could feel what was happening and wanted to try to stop it.

Elizabeth sighed and began putting one foot in front of the other, continuing her slow procession down the aisle.

John sighed and forgot about his uncooperative hair.

The crowd sighed and stood to honor the bride.
        HAHA! My love of dashes is rubbing off! I knew I'd influence you before you changed me!

The fic is awesome, BTW--love the descriptions.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          TUMBLR!!!! It's awesome. Everyone should have it.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            I concur I love my Tumblr
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              LJ, I have. MySpace, I refuse! Tumblr, haven't gone there yet.

Thanks, Colonel.

Comment

Goodnight Sparkyville!! see you all tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Because Sparkies have lots to tweet about?
                  True dat. Right now, I'm monitoring KrisRussel's photos from FedCon, a discussion about John not needing a uniform *gutter drool*, and a Elizabeth Weir for Canadian PM type discussion. Along with all the other insane people I follow who retweet a hundred tweets for every one they come up with themselves. Not y'all, I swear.

... Although the one about OBL's Facebook post was kinda funny.
                  Spoiler:
                  BRB, someone's at the door.

*snickers*

Lucky wench! LOL!
                  Ain't she, though?!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  HAHA! My love of dashes is rubbing off! I knew I'd influence you before you changed me!

The fic is awesome, BTW--love the descriptions.
                  384 words, and you managed to insert 3 dashes. LOL!

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                  I concur I love my Tumblr
                  Okay, okay, I'll go check it out!!! Peer pressure, sheesh!

Goodnight Sparkyville!! see you all tomorrow
                  Night, 'Nuna!!!

Comment

True dat. Right now, I'm monitoring KrisRussel's photos from FedCon, a discussion about John not needing a uniform *gutter drool*, and a Elizabeth Weir for Canadian PM type discussion. Along with all the other insane people I follow who retweet a hundred tweets for every one they come up with themselves. Not y'all, I swear.
                    You do know that I'm there too?

Comment

You do know that I'm there too?
                      I think I'm following you ...
                      Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      regattedeblanc???

Comment

And I made a horrible mistake.

I drank an alcoholic beverage on an empty stomach.

Let's see what hell I can unleash I can write tonight.

Mwahahaha.

Comment

I've just started catching up myself. Geeze, you guys are nuts! LOL!

And I made a horrible mistake.

I drank an alcoholic beverage on an empty stomach.

Let's see what hell I can unleash I can write tonight.

Mwahahaha.
                          OMG! We're in trouble now!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I've just started catching up myself. Geeze, you guys are nuts! LOL!

OMG! We're in trouble now!
                            Yep. I'm tipsy. Remember what happened the last time?

... No. Neither do I.

Back to fics.

Comment

Yep. I'm tipsy. Remember what happened the last time?

... No. Neither do I.

Back to fics.
                              Yep, I think that says it all.

BRING ON THE CHAOS! AHAHAHAHAH!!!!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

LJ, I have. MySpace, I refuse! Tumblr, haven't gone there yet.

Thanks, Colonel.
                                No problem. Happy to be of service.

Comment

Working...
                                X