Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Have my pass and the hotel for the con!!!!

It's not important for you but I have to share it.lol
    What SR said, that is totally important! I can't wait to hear all the news from Sparky Con! Is it October yet? LOL!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      It is important for us because we are all so excited for you. Sparky FTW!!!!! How are we going to stand the wait?
      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      What SR said, that is totally important! I can't wait to hear all the news from Sparky Con! Is it October yet? LOL!
      LOL
      Don't worry, it's my mission.
      We have to wait 6 months.......very loooonnnnng.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Still at work ... would've been gone already but one stinkin' kid had to come for after school detention ...

I always had it stuck in my mind that she went to Georgetown U as well, but that could just be because it's where she was teaching ...

Back to glaring at kid who had to be late to class.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Still at work ... would've been gone already but one stinkin' kid had to come for after school detention ...

I always had it stuck in my mind that she went to Georgetown U as well, but that could just be because it's where she was teaching ...

Back to glaring at kid who had to be late to class.

Doh! On teacher work days we used to always say school would be great if there were never any kids. Pesky little ankle biters. What? I told you Sue was my favorite character on Glee.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello guys... I had a rather depressive day, but I may have a possible idea about season seven... I know we're still deep in work with season 6, but this is one of those ispirations/ideas you don't wanna pass up.
            Spoiler:

Soooooo, I just finished watching a pretty depressing documentary about post WW2 Germany. The fascinating thing about it were ordinary people who lived and survived the post war chaos, and then I got this idea. we are about to throw Atlantis somewhere out there and cut it off from Earth. there will be a new enemy - I suppose there will be battles too? Now, how about a real war? One where they get to rely upon themselves and their Pegasus allies and after it get to experience post - war chaos and separation from one another, and Atlantis? I know, it's not the typical thing for this show, it would be more of a long story arc... but think of possibilities. What if they decided to drown Atlantis under the sea in order to hide it or something similar? Think of what we could do with emotional growth of each and every one of them! Uhhh SO MANY possibilities!
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Hello guys... I had a rather depressive day, but I may have a possible idea about season seven... I know we're still deep in work with season 6, but this is one of those ispirations/ideas you don't wanna pass up.
              Spoiler:

Soooooo, I just finished watching a pretty depressing documentary about post WW2 Germany. The fascinating thing about it were ordinary people who lived and survived the post war chaos, and then I got this idea. we are about to throw Atlantis somewhere out there and cut it off from Earth. there will be a new enemy - I suppose there will be battles too? Now, how about a real war? One where they get to rely upon themselves and their Pegasus allies and after it get to experience post - war chaos and separation from one another, and Atlantis? I know, it's not the typical thing for this show, it would be more of a long story arc... but think of possibilities. What if they decided to drown Atlantis under the sea in order to hide it or something similar? Think of what we could do with emotional growth of each and every one of them! Uhhh SO MANY possibilities!

Hmmm. Food for thought.
              Spoiler:
              And the possibility of having our heroes be heroic, not curl up and whine like little babies or go off and drink themselves into oblivion but man up (pardon the expression) and do what has to be done and still come out of it in one piece mentally. That I would go for. Torn down, helpless, hopeless and yet still able to carry on.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hmmm. Food for thought.
                Spoiler:
                And the possibility of having our heroes be heroic, not curl up and whine like little babies or go off and drink themselves into oblivion but man up (pardon the expression) and do what has to be done and still come out of it in one piece mentally. That I would go for. Torn down, helpless, hopeless and yet still able to carry on.
                Spoiler:
                Yes, exactly. And this time around, we coulc have John be missing for awhile. Elizabeth gets to be in his shoes as they're slowly getting together but can't seem to find him? I'd go for that too.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

My freaking kidney stone is STILL bothering me. It's moving, but way too stinking slowly! I need Carson to use some Ancient voodoo and zap it.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Heh. It's a miracle.

I have, not one, but two updated fics to post!

Everybody's Fine, Chapter 12 and Of Detectives and Doctors, Chapter 15 are now posted for your reading and reviewing pleasure!

Back to studying ...
                  I'm really loving the Everybody's Fine story. You've managed to make me like the last 2 seasons, and EATG. That's quite impressive.

That's why we have "Math Girl". *hinthint*

I was freaked out for a long time that TBaF wouldn't be long enough. Now I'm just worried that it's too repetitive, but that's why I will have betas. I'm counting on some of you to tell me if I'm off base and can't write worth a dang.

Elizabeth has always been connected with Georgetown in fandom and with her degrees and work in international relations, the next best option would be George Washington University in DC. They have quite a large poli sci dept and lots of international oriented types of studies.
                  *snort* Subtle. Yeah just let me know how many acts you're going to break up each episode into (or best guess) and I'll figure it out. I have to say I am quite saddened by everyone's fear of math.

Agreed with all of this. She's always struck me as an East Coast girl, especially the northeast. I've always liked the idea of her coming from somewhere in New England.
                  Yes! Because New England is awesomesauce. Actually, with Torri's Canadian accent, I always figured Elizabeth grew up in the NorthWest US. Then went to college on the East Coast. Maybe Brown for undergrad, then Georgetown for her upper degrees. (I just want her to have lived in my state for awhile, ok? )

That's so exciting!!!!

Doh! On teacher work days we used to always say school would be great if there were never any kids. Pesky little ankle biters. What? I told you Sue was my favorite character on Glee.
                  LOL!! I'm really enjoying Glee, and I think of you each time Sue comes on screen.

Spoiler:

That sounds cool! A nice arc.

Comment

Curses mutliquote - work you stupid button...

Okay, not then...

That is important.

@ JT-2 - I'm not afraid of math. Math just doesn't love me. I'm not a numbers person, I'm a language person.

@ mandogater - I don't know if the golden spurs are on display but Kortrijk does have an interactive museum (site is unfortunately only available in Dutch) dedicated to the battle.
                    I haven't been there but should... but I (like so many other) did read the Lion of Flanders by Henrik Conscience which is a fictional retelling of the story. There was also a film made of it... film dates back to 1985...

For those interested, the first 10 minutes of the battle from the film... english subtitles are free.

Spoiler:
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:

Hmmm. Food for thought.
                      Spoiler:
                      And it sounds like a prime opportunity for
                      Spoiler:
                      some city exploration while underwater. Not that they can't explore the city no matter where they are. *glares at TPTW*
                      sigpic
                      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Spoiler:

Holy smokes, YESSSSSS!!!!! That sounds epic to the nth degree!

Spoiler:
                        I'm probably driving all of you nuts with the comparisons to Babylon 5, but I think it's called for in this case. It sounds very B5-esque, and I can't think of a better series to take our 'spiritual' inspiration from.

Hmmm. Food for thought.
                        Spoiler:
                        Yup.
                        Spoiler:
                        We believe in heroes being heroes. Sure, they're not superhuman, they still have weaknesses and faults, but their struggles to overcome those faults makes their triumphs all the more compelling.

Spoiler:
                        Yes, exactly. And this time around, we coulc have John be missing for awhile. Elizabeth gets to be in his shoes as they're slowly getting together but can't seem to find him? I'd go for that too.
                        Oooooh, that's evil!
                        Spoiler:
                        I could definitely go for that to level the playing field before we finally, really, we mean it this time, get them together for good. 'Cause hey, we've got to prolong the agony keep the UST simmering for as long as we can instead of rushing them into a relationship. There's nothing like the slow burn to keep the audience's interest.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                        And it sounds like a prime opportunity for
                        Spoiler:
                        some city exploration while underwater. Not that they can't explore the city no matter where they are. *glares at TPTW*
                        Spoiler:
                        Excellent! Time to break out the wetsuits and dust off some more tributes to "The Abyss!"

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        My freaking kidney stone is STILL bothering me. It's moving, but way too stinking slowly! I need Carson to use some Ancient voodoo and zap it.
                        Ow! *sends Carson to help*

*snort* Subtle. Yeah just let me know how many acts you're going to break up each episode into (or best guess) and I'll figure it out. I have to say I am quite saddened by everyone's fear of math.
                        *snickers*

Anyway, we're arranging each episode just like the episodes on the show, with a teaser scene(s) and five acts. Assuming we're going to post the teaser scene along with Act 1, that'll make for five story postings per episode.

Yes! Because New England is awesomesauce. Actually, with Torri's Canadian accent, I always figured Elizabeth grew up in the NorthWest US. Then went to college on the East Coast. Maybe Brown for undergrad, then Georgetown for her upper degrees. (I just want her to have lived in my state for awhile, ok? )
                        Hmm, Elizabeth growing up in the Northwest? I like that.

Actually, that reminds me of something rather interesting on John's background that I stumbled onto a while ago. The U.S. Armed Forces currently use one's Social Security number as an ID number on dog tags, and John's dog tags (sold on Propworx) have the number 163 23 4111. Then I found this fun little page about how Social Security numbers are allocated. Based on that, it seems that John would've applied for his SSN in the state of Pennsylvania; presumably, that would be the location of another Sheppard family home, and may possibly even be John's birth state. Pretty cool.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          @ mandogater - I don't know if the golden spurs are on display but Kortrijk does have an interactive museum (site is unfortunately only available in Dutch) dedicated to the battle.
                          I haven't been there but should... but I (like so many other) did read the Lion of Flanders by Henrik Conscience which is a fictional retelling of the story. There was also a film made of it... film dates back to 1985...

For those interested, the first 10 minutes of the battle from the film... english subtitles are free.

Spoiler:
                          To bad I don't speak Dutch, battles that were won against the odds always interest me. The movie looked interesting but did I miss something because it looked like some Templars were fighting with the Flemish infantry or maybe they were supposed to have been knights that returned from the Cursades?
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            To bad I don't speak Dutch, battles that were won against the odds always interest me. The movie looked interesting but did I miss something because it looked like some Templars were fighting with the Flemish infantry or maybe they were supposed to have been knights that returned from the Cursades?
                            Probably the latter... however, historical accurary is in question here...
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Holy smokes, YESSSSSS!!!!! That sounds epic to the nth degree!

Spoiler:
                              I'm probably driving all of you nuts with the comparisons to Babylon 5, but I think it's called for in this case. It sounds very B5-esque, and I can't think of a better series to take our 'spiritual' inspiration from.

Yup.
                              Spoiler:
                              We believe in heroes being heroes. Sure, they're not superhuman, they still have weaknesses and faults, but their struggles to overcome those faults makes their triumphs all the more compelling.

Oooooh, that's evil!
                              Spoiler:
                              I could definitely go for that to level the playing field before we finally, really, we mean it this time, get them together for good. 'Cause hey, we've got to prolong the agony keep the UST simmering for as long as we can instead of rushing them into a relationship. There's nothing like the slow burn to keep the audience's interest.

Spoiler:
                              Excellent! Time to break out the wetsuits and dust off some more tributes to "The Abyss!"

Ow! *sends Carson to help*

*snickers*

Anyway, we're arranging each episode just like the episodes on the show, with a teaser scene(s) and five acts. Assuming we're going to post the teaser scene along with Act 1, that'll make for five story postings per episode.

Hmm, Elizabeth growing up in the Northwest? I like that.
                              All the ideas about season 7 sound REALLY interesting!!

I don't know why but I always thought of Elizabeth as having gone to Cambridge or Oxford.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Probably the latter... however, historical accurary is in question here...
                                Yes never let a few inconvenient facts get in the way of a good story. Tisk, tisk.

Comment

Working...
                                X