No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SW has more fic! I'll have to read that later. And I love the new sig!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Lots of lurkers. Hi lurkers! Come on out and play. We don't bite... much.

As a person not involved in S6, I'm not sure if you care for my opinion but here it is anyway - I like the idea of breaking it up into chapters/acts, kinda like Stargate Ren does.

Personally, I'm much more likely to read a bunch of reasonably long chapters than one big long story. It seems more intimidating, or something, to read a huge fic in one big go. But that's just me.
    Actually, we're very interested in knowing what our readers' and potential readers' preferences might be in regards to publishing schedule. We want to make this easy for you as well as us.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Oh, so that was you I heard screaming...

Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! ... And continuity shall rule the world!
    *snickers*

You'll get it! You'll get it!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    All that sounds like a plan. I like breaking it up and leaving at least a week in between. Has anyone figured out the publishing schedule so we'll be on track for the Oct con? That involves math and SR don't do math unless absolutely necessary.

I finished page 40 of TBaF today. I'm just getting into Act 4 so it will be 50 pages or more.
    Don't look at me to figure out the math. I may be a calendar fiend, but I've still got fic to write, hahaha!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

All that sounds like a plan. I like breaking it up and leaving at least a week in between. Has anyone figured out the publishing schedule so we'll be on track for the Oct con? That involves math and SR don't do math unless absolutely necessary.
      I finished page 40 of TBaF today. I'm just getting into Act 4 so it will be 50 pages or more.
      Math girl weeps.

You are good at grammar, though, so I'll cut you some slack.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Heh. It's a miracle.

I have, not one, but two updated fics to post!

Everybody's Fine, Chapter 12 and Of Detectives and Doctors, Chapter 15 are now posted for your reading and reviewing pleasure!

Back to studying ...
      Yay! And I LOVE your sig!! I just watched that this weekend!! That's certainly a lesson TPTW should have learned.

Nighty-night!

Comment

I am writing a second person POV Sparky fic, this is gonna be good!
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

thought about writing a story about a college aged Sheppard meeting a College aged Weir. any idea of where Weir went to school at?

Comment

I saw someone toss the word Ohana into the discussion a lil while ago, so I went digging and pulled out the ol' Ohana sig. Lil dust on it, so *blows*.

Now it's time to go to sleep!

Night!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              thought about writing a story about a college aged Sheppard meeting a College aged Weir. any idea of where Weir went to school at?
              Weir is a genius she went to Harvard
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                We spread the whoopings around that year. Those knights in shining armor never stood a chance.
                Out of curiosity are all those sets of golden spurs taken from the knights still on display somewhere?
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Wrote a Sparky fic, I hope it doesnt seem cheesy and rushed:

http://comment-fic.livejournal.com/2...0615#t49520615
                  BALCONIES
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    Weir is a genius she went to Harvard
                    No, she went to Brown because Rhode Island is awesomesauce.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Heh. It's a miracle.

I have, not one, but two updated fics to post!

Everybody's Fine, Chapter 12 and Of Detectives and Doctors, Chapter 15 are now posted for your reading and reviewing pleasure!

Back to studying ...
                      Love the new chapters. If only EatG could have been just like that, and I love AUs. This one has the added bonus of S/J so it's even better.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*LOL* Like SK, I don't do math either, so don't look at me!

Awesome. I was a little nervous with RTP being so frakktastically long, but Trust is going to end up much shorter, which is nice.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        I somehow always tied her to Georgetown--it just seemed fitting that if she were to teach she'd go back to her alma mater and she seemed a DC kinda girl, given her background. But that's just me.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Awesome. I was a little nervous with RTP being so frakktastically long, but Trust is going to end up much shorter, which is nice.

I somehow always tied her to Georgetown--it just seemed fitting that if she were to teach she'd go back to her alma mater and she seemed a DC kinda girl, given her background. But that's just me.
                          That's why we have "Math Girl". *hinthint*

I was freaked out for a long time that TBaF wouldn't be long enough. Now I'm just worried that it's too repetitive, but that's why I will have betas. I'm counting on some of you to tell me if I'm off base and can't write worth a dang.

Elizabeth has always been connected with Georgetown in fandom and with her degrees and work in international relations, the next best option would be George Washington University in DC. They have quite a large poli sci dept and lots of international oriented types of studies.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Honestly, I found the length of RtP I a bit daunting, especially considering I'm writing the second half. So I kind of want to try to get close, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

That's why we have "Math Girl". *hinthint*

I was freaked out for a long time that TBaF wouldn't be long enough. Now I'm just worried that it's too repetitive, but that's why I will have betas. I'm counting on some of you to tell me if I'm off base and can't write worth a dang.
                            It's whump. The more whump, the better. That's all anyone needs to know.

Elizabeth has always been connected with Georgetown in fandom and with her degrees and work in international relations, the next best option would be George Washington University in DC. They have quite a large poli sci dept and lots of international oriented types of studies.
                            Agreed with all of this. She's always struck me as an East Coast girl, especially the northeast. I've always liked the idea of her coming from somewhere in New England.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Have my pass and the hotel for the con!!!!

It's not important for you but I have to share it.lol
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                Have my pass and the hotel for the con!!!!

It's not important for you but I have to share it.lol
                                It is important for us because we are all so excited for you. Sparky FTW!!!!! How are we going to stand the wait?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X