No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! And it must be lazy, because no one is here! Hope you're all enjoying your day out!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Here's a question to (maybe) get some discussion going. What are you favorite episodes? Your personal top 10.

My list (and I know I'm cheating by putting multi-part episodes together):
      1. Rising 1/2
      2. The Storm/The Eye
      3. Before I Sleep
      4. The Siege 1/2/3
      5. Conversion
      6. Coup d'Etat
      7. The Real World
      8. Common Ground
      9. Echoes
      10. Tao of Rodney

Honorable Mentions:
      The Gift
      Critical Mass
      The Long Goodbye
      Submersion
      Lifeline
      Vegas

ETA - wow, that list really shows what an Elizabeth/Torri fangirl I am.

Comment

Here are my two favorites

1) Common Ground, you actually saw the bravery and fighting spirit of Sheppard. You also get to see the side of Sheppard that he is human that he can be scared and show signs of weakness in such situations. Also you got to see how much Elizabeth really cared for John and how she felt guilt for what happened (Though I wish we saw a Sparky Resolution)

2) The Eye-I love how John got all Rambo when he thought Kolya killed Elizabeth. Also how Elizabeth Handled the situation
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Here's a question to (maybe) get some discussion going. What are you favorite episodes? Your personal top 10.

My list (and I know I'm cheating by putting multi-part episodes together):
          1. Rising 1/2
          2. The Storm/The Eye
          3. Before I Sleep
          4. The Siege 1/2/3
          5. Conversion
          6. Coup d'Etat
          7. The Real World
          8. Common Ground
          9. Echoes
          10. Tao of Rodney

Honorable Mentions:
          The Gift
          Critical Mass
          The Long Goodbye
          Submersion
          Lifeline
          Vegas

ETA - wow, that list really shows what an Elizabeth/Torri fangirl I am.
          Here are my favorites, in no particular order:

*Vegas
          *Duet
          *The Real World
          *Common Ground
          *Siege trilogy
          *The Storm/The Eye
          *Critical Mass
          *Quarantine
          *Hot Zone
          *Tao of Rodney
          *Echoes
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Here are my favorites, in no particular order:

*Vegas
            *Duet
            *The Real World
            *Common Ground
            *Siege trilogy
            *The Storm/The Eye
            *Critical Mass
            *Quarantine
            *Hot Zone
            *Tao of Rodney
            *Echoes
            Quarantine? Really? I'm curious as to why.

Comment

Quarantine? Really? I'm curious as to why.
              Yes - I really LOVE Quarantine and I think it's a solid, well done character episode. It even shows how much carter doesn't really fit in, right in those scenes with Zelenka. I wasn't thrilled about Katie and Rodney, but when I think back, it wasn't a bad way to end a relationship, if it had to be done. I think Quarantine was lovely, with many human moments. carl Binder knows how to write realistic human beings with their qualities and flaws without making them look stupid or unrealistic. my favorite bits were between Jennifer and Ronon and Teyla and John - actually, teyla and John scenes were my favorite. The episode did a good job of showing them as friends, and they finally had a quality conversation that actually happened on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Anuna, you have managed to almost turn me into a J/T shipper. If it had been done like that on the show, I wouldn't have had a problem with it. Beautifully written.

JT, I'm with you on the country. "Bleed Red" might be good for when John has to deal with
                Spoiler:
                Mayel's betrayal.

There are so many Johnny Cash songs but I'm not sure which would fit in. Maybe "I Walk the Line" for John at some point.
                Thank you so much! I only try to treat them like real people, not two dimensional characters or sci fi cliches. And I love writing them both. It's an interesting character exploration, to say the least!

Oh Walk the line is perfect. How about "Unchained", also by Johnny Cash? That one could fit into "Gravity".

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                  Oooh, awesome snippet, Anuna!! (This ep is going to be so good!)

Spoiler:
                  Only thing: This sentence kinda confused me a little: She squeezed his hands and got up quickly, deciding that it was best if she left and unintentionally ruined something fragile and too worthy.
                  Completely understand that it's a first draft, but I was curious as to what you're trying to say. (It's so good I don't want to miss anything important!)

Hee! That sound so awesome!
                  Oh sweetie thank you, that was a good catch -
                  Spoiler:
                  I meant she went away in order not to destroy "something precious" - aka the entire moment, their connection, she didn't want to ruin it by not wording her own thoughts right. I mostly wanted to show that she sees this as a really important moment for them both.

I wrote this with a headache, no wonder phrasing is all out of whack.

Comment

Yes - I really LOVE Quarantine and I think it's a solid, well done character episode. It even shows how much carter doesn't really fit in, right in those scenes with Zelenka. I wasn't thrilled about Katie and Rodney, but when I think back, it wasn't a bad way to end a relationship, if it had to be done. I think Quarantine was lovely, with many human moments. carl Binder knows how to write realistic human beings with their qualities and flaws without making them look stupid or unrealistic. my favorite bits were between Jennifer and Ronon and Teyla and John - actually, teyla and John scenes were my favorite. The episode did a good job of showing them as friends, and they finally had a quality conversation that actually happened on screen.
                    I only seem to remember the Zelenka scene with Carter and that pissed me off. But I'll watch it again for my S4/S5 rewatch.

Comment

I only seem to remember the Zelenka scene with Carter and that pissed me off. But I'll watch it again for my S4/S5 rewatch.
                      Yeah that scene can be a little annoying, but if anything it serves to show that Carter doesn't really belong there. Only thing that bothers me is that she turns out to be "smarter" ... ah well. I am inclined to forgive that, because rest of the episode is good. I also loved how they all worked together toward the end of the ep, in order to solve the situation.

Comment

I thought Ronon and Jennifer had great chemistry together. I think they would have made a great couple, especially since Ronon's mood usually did a 360 around her. Personally I think the TPTW should have paired them together.
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                          I thought Ronon and Jennifer had great chemistry together. I think they would have made a great couple, especially since Ronon's mood usually did a 360 around her. Personally I think the TPTW should have paired them together.
                          I agree with my whole heart. Ronon is a big softie, but big and scary looking (and not very wordy) he had a good influence on Jennifer. He seemed to inspire her to toughen up, and in turn he became softer and sweet around her. That's what I like in my fav couples; when they make each other react and behave in way not expected.

Comment

Agreed. I didn't mind the breakup in Quarantine. What I did mind was the way that Katie was later portrayed in Trio; Rodney says that she stopped speaking to him and filed for a transfer back to Earth. The whole thing made Katie look like some sort of whiny crybaby. Given that Trio was written by Martin Gero, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Agreed. I didn't mind the breakup in Quarantine. What I did mind was the way that Katie was later portrayed in Trio; Rodney says that she stopped speaking to him and filed for a transfer back to Earth. The whole thing made Katie look like some sort of whiny crybaby. Given that Trio was written by Martin Gero, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
                              Oh that definitely sounds like MartyG. *headdesk*

Comment

Aaand time for me to head for the bed - I work tomorrow! See you all after I get home! *hugs all around*

Comment

Working...
                                X