Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Indeed.

Beyond owning a lot of classical music, I own a lot of soundtracks and music specifically composed for trailers and commercials. Recently added all Halo 1 to 3 scores, and Reach score to the collection.
    Sounds like my music collection.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    - Yuck. Could you imagine the scene of Elizabeth walking into John's room without W&P? She'd so not be impressed, just imagine he's another hotshot flyboy, good-looking without a brain, and she'd TOTALLY not not ask him to stay on Atlantis. She might have told him to just get on home, because she'd have presumed he was playing solitaire instead.

Maybe as a gag I'll include John mentioning he's still reading W&P in Primum Movens, only now it's an e-book. And you-know-who'll go a 'a wha? Have I been gone that long?'
    I love that! It's funny, and yet at the same time, it'd be quite a bit angsty for her, as she'll feel so out of place and it'll be one more example of how the world and her loved ones had moved on without her.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I absolutely love that last idea. And he shows her how she can get all her fave classics for free. With their heads close together and fingers occasionally touching of course. Then they can argue about which is better, iBooks or Kindle or Nook.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

let me ask you guys this if you can name one trait from either John or Elizabeth that you share with them what would it be and why that trait?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        LOL! Here's your own big bowl of sugar.[ATTACH=CONFIG]29700[/ATTACH]

I remember 45's but not reel to reel tapes.

Sorry, SK's muse! Ok that sounds very non-fun. Blech!

I took that. I was Zelenka.
        I would have preferred that Although IIRC it was pretty easy to manipulate the result

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*snickers*

Hey, don't look at me, I just bought a little resin pot.
        You were included in the good The bad is the we must have boobies in SGU's first episode variety.

I used to have a yellow Walkman, too! And later, a yellow Discman.
        Gun metal grey, IIRC. The walkman was better than the discman - that thing skipped very easily, which defeated the purposed of being portable.

Spoiler:
        I'm not sure, but I think the FooFighters recorded their latest album on one of those. They said on the radio that they recorded it on tape, which meant if they made a booboo they had to literally cut it out, in Dave Groll's garage.

Already talk of a sequel It was interesting to hear what he was saying about the CoP pilot, and of course the SGA/SGU situation. Thanks for the link

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        Actually alot of my favorite Stores like Hot Topic and Urban outfitters still sell Vinyl records like Green Day, MCR, Fall Out Boy, The Strokes, Muse ETC. I want them but I don't have the money which sucks because my parents have a Vinyl record player at home.

It's okay I won't be offended, I am an admitted Bisexual...actually I don't think Labels work for love, anyway she's my best friend not my girlfriend....still looking for my John Sheppard.
        I don't know what the proper response is here. Congratulations? The only Johnny I'm interested in is Johnny Walker

So you admit to being a Narcissitic Hyperchrondriac?
        I suppose I have to now. Although most of my ailments are real rather than imagined, and I actually do injure myself fairly regularly. I have a lot of scars. And a big dent in my calf.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        let me ask you guys this if you can name one trait from either John or Elizabeth that you share with them what would it be and why that trait?
        Being awesome?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

I used to be that way. Then I started writing fic and I had to get into the details.
          LOL, and that's why my fics are not heavy on scifi or techy details. I end up focusing on conversations and scenery.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Apparently I did too. I just liked the way those two dark haired folks looked together
          Me too dude! Me too.....
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Government OT
            Spoiler:
            what's your guys opinion on the shutting down of the U.S. Government?

Comment

Government OT
              Spoiler:
              OT
              Spoiler:
              As somebody who actually works for the US Government, I say go ahead and shut it down for a while, just fix the d*** thing! It's like watching 3 year olds argue in the sandbox.
              sigpic

Comment

Government OT
                Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                At least you have a government - I live in a country that's still trying to create a government. Elections are almost a year ago. A few weeks back we even thought we'd scored the world record, but it turns out we're still a few days away from that actually. But I have no doubt that we'll get it anyway.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Neither John nor I suffer fools very well. I have virtually nothing in common with Elizabeth.

Government OT
                  Spoiler:
                  OT
                  Spoiler:
                  Bring it on, baby. Mr. SR is hoping for less traffic and fewer people on the Metro. If the Federal government has 800,000 nonessential employees, they have a problem anyway. It's about time somebody in this town stood up for principles. I could go on but then you'd be sorry you asked this question.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Neither John nor I suffer fools very well. I have virtually nothing in common with Elizabeth.
                    I'm pretty much the same way. Hmm, I wonder if that's why I'm drawn to Lizzeh so much...

Government OT
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Let it all burn. It's way past time that the politicians stop taxing us into the ground and spending our money on politically correct crap we don't need or want.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

OT
                      Spoiler:
                      The programs my organization operates are federally funded. They are national programs that are operated at a local level, so there are organizations similar to us all across the nation which operate the same kind of programs. We are a non-profit which receives federal funding. We work with job seekers from all different kinds of backgrounds and help employers too.

I agree there's a lot of govt waste out there. And, I'm very disappointed in the people in washington and all the game playing.

It's just hard when you're a federally funded program and you are one of the ones who operates their business in a frugal manner and do good work every day to help people who really need it and you have the very real possibility of watching the people who work for you get penalized as well as the customers you serve.

I apologize - I prolly went on too long there. I'll leave it at that - thanks everyone for listening. Now....back to regular Sparky programming....

Spoiler:

E - Rodney, would you like to explain to me why there are hidden cameras in the living quarters?

R (off camera, stuttering) - Elizabeth, I swear, I didn't know they were there. The ancients must have had them installed for security reasons. I promise, no one else saw the footage of you and J...

E - Rodney, that's enough - I changed my mind, you dont' need to explain - just delete the videos. All of them.

J - Rodney, um, before you erase anything, why don't you give me those videos. As head of security, it should probably be my responsibility to ensure they are destroyed properly...

E (in a warning tone) - John.....

R (in his head) - I so don't get paid enough....
                      sigpic
                      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        The Spice Girls, for old time's sake...

Spoiler:
                        ACK! I'm taking my sugar bowl back.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        - NKOTB marked the first sign of my being non-conformist. I absolutely refused ANYTHING to do with them, their music, their fans or anything else. Even when everyone else in my school was going hog wild. All I remember of them was that the little boy had pretty eyes and one of them lost like 30 pounds to play the crazy half-naked guy at the beginning of Sixth Sense.

- Yuck. Could you imagine the scene of Elizabeth walking into John's room without W&P? She'd so not be impressed, just imagine he's another hotshot flyboy, good-looking without a brain, and she'd TOTALLY not not ask him to stay on Atlantis. She might have told him to just get on home, because she'd have presumed he was playing solitaire instead.

Maybe as a gag I'll include John mentioning he's still reading W&P in Primum Movens, only now it's an e-book. And you-know-who'll go a 'a wha? Have I been gone that long?'
                        My first non-conformist moment was in 3rd or 4th grade when a friend and I used to have protests about the Michael Jackson craze (the glove, etc). We listened to heavy metal instead. I still love my Metallica.

As for W&P - I love how the two of them could have great discussions about literature like that. Happy sigh! Oh, and he put that book right in front of her face to make sure she saw it. John, you sly dog.

Hmm. Only similarity I have to Elizabeth is we're both green-eyed brunettes. John - we're both non-huggy types.

Government OT
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Well, I feel bad for any families who will now have their vacations screwed over by the parks shutting down. And for the low level government employees who are not going to get paid. I heard that the lawmakers are still going to get THEIR paychecks. I hope that wasn't true. They all need to be shipped off to an island.

Comment

Government OT
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          SERIOUSLY!!!! We are taxed like hell!! That money should be going somewhere!

More OT RL 21st Bday Feastivities Planning Drama

Spoiler:
                          GAHHH MY ROOMMATE BAILED ON ME FOR THE MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE CONCERT! NOW I HAVE TO SCRAMBLE TO FIND A NEW PERSON TO ATTEND THE CONCERT WITH ME!!! Sign my 21st Birthday is gonna suck?

On a happier note, heres some Sparky in my next chapter of my Story where Kolya becomes the Genii King:

Spoiler:
                          She sighed and rested her hand on his tense shoulder. He was still shaking as vigorously as he did just an hour ago. It prompted her to think of the conversation they just had before he broke down. Maybe there she could find something that would bring him to get some help for the last thing she wanted was to have to send him back to Earth, galaxies away from the life he built-

Hum, She thought, he did mention his fear of looking weak in front of his peers…

“Are you scared that Dr. Heightmeyer is going to think you are weak and pathetic?” Elizabeth said.

She felt him tense further….jackpot.

“John, it is not Dr. Heightmeyer’s job to judge you,” Elizabeth began running her hand up and down his toned bicep, “it’s her job to HELP you…look John if you are not going to do it for yourself do it for me.”

As she rested her head on his shoulder she noticed a slight smirk grazed his lips. He knew he couldn’t refuse.

“Fine I’ll go to Heightmeyer,” John mumbled.

Elizabeth smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Good,” She whispered, “try to get some rest.”
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

Government OT
                            Spoiler:

OT
                            Spoiler:
                            Bring it on, baby. Mr. SR is hoping for less traffic and fewer people on the Metro. If the Federal government has 800,000 nonessential employees, they have a problem anyway. It's about time somebody in this town stood up for principles. I could go on but then you'd be sorry you asked this question.
                            Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                            OT
                            Spoiler:
                            The programs my organization operates are federally funded. They are national programs that are operated at a local level, so there are organizations similar to us all across the nation which operate the same kind of programs. We are a non-profit which receives federal funding. We work with job seekers from all different kinds of backgrounds and help employers too.

I agree there's a lot of govt waste out there. And, I'm very disappointed in the people in washington and all the game playing.

It's just hard when you're a federally funded program and you are one of the ones who operates their business in a frugal manner and do good work every day to help people who really need it and you have the very real possibility of watching the people who work for you get penalized as well as the customers you serve.

I apologize - I prolly went on too long there. I'll leave it at that - thanks everyone for listening. Now....back to regular Sparky programming....

Spoiler:

E - Rodney, would you like to explain to me why there are hidden cameras in the living quarters?

R (off camera, stuttering) - Elizabeth, I swear, I didn't know they were there. The ancients must have had them installed for security reasons. I promise, no one else saw the footage of you and J...

E - Rodney, that's enough - I changed my mind, you dont' need to explain - just delete the videos. All of them.

J - Rodney, um, before you erase anything, why don't you give me those videos. As head of security, it should probably be my responsibility to ensure they are destroyed properly...

E (in a warning tone) - John.....

R (in his head) - I so don't get paid enough....
                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            ACK! I'm taking my sugar bowl back.

My first non-conformist moment was in 3rd or 4th grade when a friend and I used to have protests about the Michael Jackson craze (the glove, etc). We listened to heavy metal instead. I still love my Metallica.

As for W&P - I love how the two of them could have great discussions about literature like that. Happy sigh! Oh, and he put that book right in front of her face to make sure she saw it. John, you sly dog.

Hmm. Only similarity I have to Elizabeth is we're both green-eyed brunettes. John - we're both non-huggy types.

Spoiler:
                            Well, I feel bad for any families who will now have their vacations screwed over by the parks shutting down. And for the low level government employees who are not going to get paid. I heard that the lawmakers are still going to get THEIR paychecks. I hope that wasn't true. They all need to be shipped off to an island.
                            Re the OT

Spoiler:
                            I don't know enough about the details to make an informed comment (I live overseas) but the whole scenario strikes me as extremely petty. In my country, there's not a massive difference between the two major parties. Heck, some of the MP's on the extreme Right (at least, what is considered that in NZ) came from the major Left party. So to get to the point of actually shutting the government down because a compromise cannot be reached is a completely foreign concept. That said, we only have one layer of central government - no senate, no congress, no seperate executive and President.

It does seem though that we elect the most out of touch people into positions of power. Maybe if some of them had actually run a business, or had to work for a living in the past, things would be a bit more organised. We're spending $2m on a plastic Waka for the Rugby World Cup at a time when we've had to bail out our largest insurance company (after the quake) as well as our 8th(?) largest lender, to the tune of nearly $1b and $1.2b respectively (our GDP is US$138b), not to mention the rebuilding from the quake (I've heard estimates in the range of $50b, but that seems incredibly high and I'm not sure what is included in that).

The problem with action of this nature is that it doesn't affect the right people. It's the workers who are out of pocket, not the ones in positions of influence.

I thought of something else I have in common with John - I do like smart, dark haired girls of average height (we've gotten into Torri's height before, she's only average height for here, and apparently super tall in the US), but I wouldn't say I have a 'type'. This probably explains why I like Katie Holmes (pre Tom Cruise, post Dawson's Creek).

I also am fond of playing golf, and am not as good as my colleagues (just like John isn't as good as Ronon). As an aside, why do people spend big money on a club with the largest allowable head? It's like hitting a nail with a sledge hammer. You either have good technique, or you don't. The club can only do so much - it's not a magic wand.
                            sigpic

Comment

OT
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm with you and John on the not suffering fools well, which is why I can't stand politicians. Speeking of which

Spoiler:
                              I don't think any of them or very few have any principles left. I bet at least 90% of them sold theirs to the highest bidder to get elected. And once there, they all scream at each other "I don't care if it's a great idea, you're not from my party so I'll never vote for it!" It makes me want to vomit.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Here's my contribution to some on topic banter. Sort of

Spoiler:

IDK Rodney, somewhere in this range.

You son of a *****. Not only do you get the girl, but you have to win at that too. I hate you

Spoiler:

Teyla's disturbing dream: zomg!! what in the world are polyamorous nomads?!

Spoiler:

I'm here, just like you wanted

Whoa. What brought that on?

Just following orders. You said get here, get doubled

No, I said get here on the double.

Spoiler:

Rodney attempts to seduce Teyla, but proves to be a novice in that department
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X