No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I almost forgot this. Song for Screw the Angst day. "Heavenly Day" by Patty Griffin. I totally picture John and Elizabeth hanging out with the Athosians and dancing to this song. Season 7 perhaps?

Spoiler:

Lyrics:

Oh heavenly day, all the clouds blew away
    Got no trouble today with anyone
    The smile on your face I live only to see
    It's enough for me, baby, it's enough for me
    Oh, heavenly day, heavenly day, heavenly day

Tomorrow may rain with sorrow
    Here's a little time we can borrow
    Forget all our troubles in these moments so few
    All we've got right now, the only thing that
    All we really have to do
    Is have ourselves a heavenly day
    Lay here and watch the trees sway
    Oh, can't see no other way, no way, no way
    Heavenly day, heavenly day, heavenly day

No one on my shoulder bringing me fears
    Got no clouds up above me bringing me tears
    Got nothing to tell you, I've got nothing much to say
    Only I'm glad to be here with you
    On this heavenly, heavenly, heavenly, heavenly
    Heavenly day, all the trouble's gone away
    Oh, for a while anyway, for a while anyway
    Heavenly day, heavenly day, heavenly day

Comment

*screams in frustration*

I. Hate. Writer's. Block.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I should make a Sparky Playlist so I can motivate you all! I got a bunch of Songs perfect for Sparky.
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Songs are usually too much of a distraction for me; it's probably the competing words. I write better listening to instrumental music. Or just silence.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh gosh I couldnt work in silence luckily my roommate likes to sing
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              And they do close the iris/shield first. Haven't you ever noticed that?
              I noticed that Hammond always ordered the iris closed after the wormhole established. I noticed that the iris (which required no power to be either opened or closed, just power to go from one to the other) was always open. I noticed Weir/Carter/Woolsey did the same thing with the shield - it was raised after the wormhole was established. It'd be easy enough to programme the shield or iris to close as soon as the gate powered up, but they waited. The time that springs to mind when they didn't is during The Lost City when Anubis kills the power at the SGC and they close the iris manually - we don't hear the wormhole established but Anubis sends a nuke through with the iris closed.

I seem to recall that they established there was a minimum space requirement necessary to allow the wormhole to form. That's why burying the gate keeps anyone from connecting to it; with the dirt right on top of it, the minimum space requirement for even a baby kawoosh cannot be met. But the iris/shield is positioned just far away enough for the wormhole to form.
              But dirt shouldn't work, else we'd have no trees, no plants, and no grass. The fact that these can grow at all says that dirt isn't compact enough for this to happen - which means it's a whoopsie on the part of the show. Either a wormhole can be established with the iris closed - which means burying the gate won't work - or it can't be. Both can't be true. As with most technical aspects of the show, it most likely changed from the start to the end.

Of course, since it wasn't stated on the show which gate was in use, we don't even need to handwave anyway.
              Praise be to Jebus because that was the only reason I mentioned it

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              0.3 something... and it's not microds.
              So, super duper close then?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Hey peeps, I still can't get on LJ so if you haven't gotten a response to a comment, don't blame me. I'm glad I got the lecture from Mr. SR last night on why some people can get on a site when others can't...servers, servers, load balancing, blahblahblah. Now I at least know I'm not being singled out.
              It's all in the timing. I couldn't get on earlier, but all sweet now. Generally LJ is one of the slowest sites I frequent though, DDoS or otherwise.

I see our guests have increased once again. I love being the thread on GW that people just can't stay away from. Go us!
              We're the Hotel Sparkifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Yeah, it made me sad for a bit... I really would have liked to have added it to my SG-stuff, but then again... what the frak would I have done with it. I'd probably taken the opportunity to send it back to Claire with kind regards.
              I'm surprised they'd auction something that had actually been worn so close to the skin. I'd be a little creeped out if I were Claire. Nice that you'd give it back though

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
              Dare I ask what he/she sings?
              sigpic

Comment

Hi all! I'm pretty new to GateWorld and I cant believe that I took this long to find this! And sugar!! I'm getting slow!!

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                I agree! I cant work in silence. My Mum thinks I'm strange....
                sigpic
                Sig made by TheSamster123 and can be found at fanPop!

Comment

Originally posted by DocWhoGater View Post
                  Hi all! I'm pretty new to GateWorld and I cant believe that I took this long to find this! And sugar!! I'm getting slow!!

I to feel the need to de-lurk for a little while and I so need some Sparky sugar.

I'm the opposite, the least bit noise distracts me. I find my best time for writing is about 10pm but it is also when my son, having been busy on his own computer and not wanting disturbed, decides now is a good time to play with our dog and has him running around wild, ignoring the glares I give him never mind what the neighbours think, and he is 26years. What I need is for Elizabeth to come sort him out.

Comment

I feel the need to delurk for a little while, I'm much in need of some Sparky sugar.

Comment

I'm glad you found us too. Welcome. Pull up a chair.

I'm afraid I agree with Mum. I can only write if it's perfectly quiet.

Originally posted by lizabeth39 View Post
                      I'm the opposite, the least bit noise distracts me. I find my best time for writing is about 10pm but it is also when my son, having been busy on his own computer and not wanting disturbed, decides now is a good time to play with our dog and has him running around wild, ignoring the glares I give him never mind what the neighbours think, and he is 26years. What I need is for Elizabeth to come sort him out.
                      I'm glad to see another "older" person around here. My son is older than yours. I guess that makes me the thread grandma, but I prefer to think of myself as young at heart.

And I guess we have progress. Today on LJ, I'm getting "internal service error".
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        *screams in frustration*

I. Hate. Writer's. Block.
                        Awww *HUGS*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Are the Hortons still around on Days? I haven't watched that show in decades (and you don't want me to - every soap I've watched gets cancelled eventually - Another World, Santa Barbara, Guiding Light). I haven't been obsessed with a soap since college though. I used to skip classes if they happened to be in the 3-4pm timeslot.

John should have talked about Elizabeth in that ep, not Woolsey. Although I was surprised they mentioned her at all, and that they were kind about it.

It's definitely a JF feast. I sincerely doubt they meant to put in the Sparky parallelism but I don't care. It's on screen, therefore it's canon.

As long as I don't have to watch Trio or Brainstorm, I'm happy. Oh and the bolded part, is that the technical description? LOL!

Um, not convincing at all! You lost by one dollar? That stinks!!

Yeah it's not working for me either. Hmm, I remember when I used to lurk. Now you can't shut me up.
                        Yep, totally technical. To FH's "HUH?" observation, I couldn't quite figure out how to describe the connection to the supergate in Stargate terms. So in Eri terms it was a bompty bomp bomp bomp. But it was when they blew up all the ships to amplify the regular wormhole to 'jump' to the Supergate and maintain the open wormhole there.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          I

But dirt shouldn't work, else we'd have no trees, no plants, and no grass. The fact that these can grow at all says that dirt isn't compact enough for this to happen - which means it's a whoopsie on the part of the show. Either a wormhole can be established with the iris closed - which means burying the gate won't work - or it can't be. Both can't be true. As with most technical aspects of the show, it most likely changed from the start to the end.
                          It's not the dirt or whatever buries the Gate, it's the fact that it is buried. Remember, the Milky Way Gates have a ring that moves to "engage" symbols when dialing in or out. The weight of the dirt/rocks/coverstone keeps the ring from moving, so there's no "Chevron...Engaged" and therefore no wormhole. In 100 Days Sam did some breaking the laws of physics to get the wormhole to open even with the Gate buried. In episodes where the SGC closes the iris and enemies or bombs go splat, the connection was made, the iris just prevents whatever's coming through from rematerializing.
                          DDC

Comment

I'm glad you found us too. Welcome. Pull up a chair.

I'm afraid I agree with Mum. I can only write if it's perfectly quiet.

I'm glad to see another "older" person around here. My son is older than yours. I guess that makes me the thread grandma, but I prefer to think of myself as young at heart.

And I guess we have progress. Today on LJ, I'm getting "internal service error".
                            I still feel young at heart to, though I never heard of shipping until I came on this thread and found I wasn't alone in seeing the sparky between John and Elizabeth.

I was having problems with LJ to but managing to get on it today.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I noticed that Hammond always ordered the iris closed after the wormhole established. I noticed that the iris (which required no power to be either opened or closed, just power to go from one to the other) was always open. I noticed Weir/Carter/Woolsey did the same thing with the shield - it was raised after the wormhole was established. It'd be easy enough to programme the shield or iris to close as soon as the gate powered up, but they waited. The time that springs to mind when they didn't is during The Lost City when Anubis kills the power at the SGC and they close the iris manually - we don't hear the wormhole established but Anubis sends a nuke through with the iris closed.
                              Then how come I've seen scenes where the iris/shield is closed before the kawoosh and wormhole is established?

ddc explained it all: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post12491003

Welcome! We're glad you found us! And yes, we always have sugar.

Originally posted by lizabeth39 View Post
                              Another late night and silence loving writer! Yay, I'm not the only one!

Gah! *kicks LJ some more*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Awww *HUGS*
                              It's so frustrating! And I think the fact that I'm so antsy to get it done ASAP is only fueling the block. Argh.

Comment

Interview with JF. Go now: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/buzzwor...7/joe-flanigan
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X