Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Spoiler:
    I got a similar impression from both of your summaries. It may turn out that a tweaking of the attack on Atlantis is all that is required.

I guess now should be the time that a certain fandom should start eating crow regarding comments made about a certain other character being too old for John.

Re Halling, there's something that's been bugging me about Halling/Jinto. I've read in fandom that Jinto is Halling's child, yet I've not really seen anything on the show to support this theory. It did look a bit like they used the whanau approach to child rearing whilst on Atlantis, but if Jinto was really his son, wouldn't he have at least mentioned him (as is have any of you seen my son, did Michael turn him into a bug) during Kindred II?
    It was made clear first in The Rising and later in H&S that Jinto is Halling's son. That, in my mind, made the Athosians a traditional society. Maybe everyone helps raise the kids, but the family units are intact. I think they just dropped him in Kindred which doesn't surprise me with these writers. Maybe he was "there" but not obvious, like Kanaan all of Teyla's life. LOL Just because we don't see a character, doesn't mean they are not there.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      As far as what I have to do--I've been on vacation and hiatus and allergy inspired headache recovery for the last few days--what all is it I have to tweak?

Spoiler:
      Just make a mention of the Lucian alliance attack on the Pentagon and that their attack on Atlantis is not the first time they've tried something sneaky, and then mention McKay and Woolsey helping out with the Destiny?

Sorry for my lack of adeptness.
      Ow, allergy-inspired headaches are not fun. Blasted sinuses. *sends aspirin*

As for tweaks, yeah, what you've stated pretty much sums it up.
      Spoiler:
      I might make the Lucian Alliance attacks on the Pentagon and Atlantis near simultaneous; in a way, I see the situation being very sudden and people not knowing what's going on, rather like what happened in the early hours on 9/11. Say, the attack on the Pentagon happens first, and with communications with them cut off (since they're all trying to evacuate), Atlantis gets a message from Stargate Command at Cheyenne Mountain (in addition to still having the gate there for security reasons, they'd probably serve as a backup if anything happened in Washington) that ZOMG, the LA is attacking! Then before Atlantis really has much of a chance to do anything in response, Atlantis gets hit. Like I said, very sudden.

As for McKay and Woolsey, like I suggested earlier, their involvement with the events of "Seizure" could take place while repairs from the LA attack on Atlantis are still going on. It'd be a week to possibly two weeks at the most between the end of "Alliances" and the beginning of "Seizure," so it'd be easy to assume repairs could still be happening.

If anyone's got any more questions, send 'em my way, I'm happy to help.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Ow, allergy-inspired headaches are not fun. Blasted sinuses. *sends aspirin*

As for tweaks, yeah, what you've stated pretty much sums it up.
        Spoiler:
        I might make the Lucian Alliance attacks on the Pentagon and Atlantis near simultaneous; in a way, I see the situation being very sudden and people not knowing what's going on, rather like what happened in the early hours on 9/11. Say, the attack on the Pentagon happens first, and with communications with them cut off (since they're all trying to evacuate), Atlantis gets a message from Stargate Command at Cheyenne Mountain (in addition to still having the gate there for security reasons, they'd probably serve as a backup if anything happened in Washington) that ZOMG, the LA is attacking! Then before Atlantis really has much of a chance to do anything in response, Atlantis gets hit. Like I said, very sudden.

As for McKay and Woolsey, like I suggested earlier, their involvement with the events of "Seizure" could take place while repairs from the LA attack on Atlantis are still going on. It'd be a week to possibly two weeks at the most between the end of "Alliances" and the beginning of "Seizure," so it'd be easy to assume repairs could still be happening.

If anyone's got any more questions, send 'em my way, I'm happy to help.
        Coolio. BTW...

Spoiler:
        We're using the Atlantis gate as primary--have we seen the Cheyenne mountain gate used in SGU, or are we okay to break that part of canon? Or should we shut Atlantis down and have everyone on Earth beamed/flown there?
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Coolio. BTW...

Spoiler:
          We're using the Atlantis gate as primary--have we seen the Cheyenne mountain gate used in SGU, or are we okay to break that part of canon? Or should we shut Atlantis down and have everyone on Earth beamed/flown there?
          Hmm, good point.
          Spoiler:
          We have not seen the Cheyenne Mountain gate in SGU, and it was established in SGA that a Pegasus gate overrides a Milky Way gate if they're in close proximity. (something to do with the fact that the Pegasus gates are a more advanced version) So we can stay on course with the Atlantis gate as Earth's primary.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hmm, good point.
            Spoiler:
            We have not seen the Cheyenne Mountain gate in SGU, and it was established in SGA that a Pegasus gate overrides a Milky Way gate if they're in close proximity. (something to do with the fact that the Pegasus gates are a more advanced version) So we can stay on course with the Atlantis gate as Earth's primary.
            Awesomesauce--just occurred to me that they might have brought it up in SGU, so if they haven't then the PG-trumps-MW remains good and we're good. Thanks.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Wow the house still smells. Anyway.....

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I just saw it and friended you back. LJ has been very slow to load today, naturally.

Sorry about the mom situation. I went through the same thing a few years ago. ((hugs))
              Hey I'm still not seeing you listed as a friend. I'm dying to read that report. And thanks for the ((hugs)). I like hugs about as much as John does, but virtual ones are nice.

*hugs JT-2* Sorry to hear about your mom. I understand what that's like; we went through the same thing with my maternal grandmother several years ago. There's really no easy answer to any of it. *more hugs*
              Thanks

I've only read one, I think. It was (sort of) a fix-it fic, set in s1. Teyla and John had gotten together, which had isolated Weir from the rest of the expedition because she didn't have John to talk to (JG would've had a field day reading that). I liked them as a pairing on the show, and wouldn't have objected to them getting together, but I didn't ship them. I do remember thinking during their scenes together that Teyla and Ford seemed younger (not immature, just more youthful) compared to when Sheppard was there.
              That's the fic I was thinking about yesterday. I found it. It's written by Jo R. It's called Rainbows.

Spoiler:
              Sorry to hear about that. My grandma has dimentia, but it's the funny kind. You can have the same convo with her multiple times - it can get amusing when you forget that she doesn't know the end and jump ahead. She comes and goes with it though - on occassion it isn't noticable. She's not competent enough to care for herself, so is in a home (it's near to family, so she probably gets more visitors than she did before).

You're doing a good thing by looking after her - hopefully tomorrow will be better (((hugs)))
              Spoiler:
              Thanks for the hugs. My mom's can be funny most of the time, like asking questions completely out of left field ("is my father still alive?" "well, mom, he'd be 120 if he were, so that's a no")

Originally posted by Rosemary Weir22 View Post
              @ JT-2.. HEY! What about me?!

And thanks folks! Still trying to get used to the forum and everything!
              Huh? Sorry, I was a tad befuddled yesterday.

Hi!

I guess now should be the time that a certain fandom should start eating crow regarding comments made about a certain other character being too old for John.
              *snorts*!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Hey I'm still not seeing you listed as a friend. I'm dying to read that report. And thanks for the ((hugs)). I like hugs about as much as John does, but virtual ones are nice.

Thanks

That's the fic I was thinking about yesterday. I found it. It's written by Jo R. It's called Rainbows.

Spoiler:
                Thanks for the hugs. My mom's can be funny most of the time, like asking questions completely out of left field ("is my father still alive?" "well, mom, he'd be 120 if he were, so that's a no")

Hi!

*snorts*!!
                LJ was being a real butthead yesterday. I went back and added you again. Try it now. Anyone else who got left out, let me know.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Weird is always good. That's John's advice.
                  The Kitty has uncovered the origin on why WEIRd is John Sheppard's favorite word
                  BALCONIES
                  The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesomesauce--just occurred to me that they might have brought it up in SGU, so if they haven't then the PG-trumps-MW remains good and we're good. Thanks.
                    Yep. As I recall, the PG-trumps-MW thing came up in regards to the gate bridge and having a Milky Way gate and a Pegasus gate at the Midway station. I think something was said about McKay having to write a program to allow the Milky Way gate to operate in the presence of a Pegasus gate. Go Rodney!

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    The Kitty has uncovered the origin on why WEIRd is John Sheppard's favorite word
                    *snickers*

Comment

Hello all...

I thought it was established in Hide and Seek that Jinto was Halling's son? Or was it never explicitly stated?

MMkay, I'm going to read SR's journal right now.

As far as what I have to do--I've been on vacation and hiatus and allergy inspired headache recovery for the last few days--what all is it I have to tweak?

Spoiler:
                      Just make a mention of the Lucian alliance attack on the Pentagon and that their attack on Atlantis is not the first time they've tried something sneaky, and then mention McKay and Woolsey helping out with the Destiny?

Sorry for my lack of adeptness.
                      It was made clear first in The Rising and later in H&S that Jinto is Halling's son. That, in my mind, made the Athosians a traditional society. Maybe everyone helps raise the kids, but the family units are intact. I think they just dropped him in Kindred which doesn't surprise me with these writers. Maybe he was "there" but not obvious, like Kanaan all of Teyla's life. LOL Just because we don't see a character, doesn't mean they are not there.
                      But he's just a boy! I am Jinto! Cool. It was such a popular idea in fandom that it was really starting to bug me.

Halling made the Athosians seem religious/spiritual in my mind. He was the one that kept bringing up the prayers and rituals back in s1. Sometimes Teyla did too, but we didn't see it as much because she was away being rescued by John on missions at the time.

It was a pity that they dumped the Athosians so early, as it would've made Kanaan much easier to accept as having been there all along if we'd at least seen him in the background over the years.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Quick correction on last night's SGU report (which I've added to my main post, but I'll restate here): There was a very obvious timeline check that totally slipped past me in the excitement.
                      Spoiler:
                      Greer had donated a kidney to Volker in the previous episode, and in "Seizure," we see that Greer is still recovering from the surgery (and pushing himself too hard). So at most, it's probably been perhaps a couple of days since "Hope," and a little over a week since "Alliances." Gah, my bad.

Now, on to new stuff!

*snorts*

Spoiler:
                      Definitely agree that the LA seems to have been better fleshed out in SGU. Frankly, there are a few details about SGU that I do like. They finally have proper name tapes and rank insignia on the military uniforms, ZOMG, they're wearing dog tags regularly, and just some of the little bits of everyday life, like Young darning a hole in his socks, we get to see the cook working in the mess! and even Rush clipping his beard last night. Hey, the devil is in the details.

As far as the Eli thing went, well, Young has gotten to know Eli well and knows what he's capable of. I guess it was supposed to be just another example of how people just want their own people to check things out first before they agree to do something.

Poor Jonas.
                      Spoiler:
                      Yay, sock darning! I can see why the ratings for Universe have been so fantastic

Re Eli, I guess it's just a conceit of tv that you want your own people to look stuff over as a way to incorporate them into the story.

Re Jonas, I wonder what show Corin was talking about during that con a while back? Unless it was fan misinterpretation rearing it's head again.

See, that was my hope all along, that all we'd really need to do is make a few minor alterations to our timeline for Atlantis Rising to work it around SGU. Looks like TPTW decided to be gracious and give us our wish. I'd almost suggest sending them a fruit basket, but they've basically shut down at the studio, so I don't think there'd be anyone there to receive the delivery.
                      I feel sorry for almost everyone affected by the decision to shut down

Hmm, good point.
                      Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      So the SGC gate is still at Cheyenne Mountain? Cool. Presumably if they wanted to keep running operations from there all they would have to do is cut power to the Atlantis gate, then call them if it needed to be reactivated. But only if they wanted to.

Thanks

Spoiler:

Hi!

*snorts*!!
                      Spoiler:
                      I find that's the hardest thing, when she asks about dead people.I couldn't imagine living with someone in that condition full time, you deserve a medal

LJ was being a real butthead yesterday. I went back and added you again. Try it now. Anyone else who got left out, let me know.
                      It still is. Probably that DDoS thing again. What is with people who deliberately attack sites like that? Scum, pure scum.
                      sigpic

Comment

But he's just a boy! I am Jinto! Cool. It was such a popular idea in fandom that it was really starting to bug me.

Halling made the Athosians seem religious/spiritual in my mind. He was the one that kept bringing up the prayers and rituals back in s1. Sometimes Teyla did too, but we didn't see it as much because she was away being rescued by John on missions at the time.

It was a pity that they dumped the Athosians so early, as it would've made Kanaan much easier to accept as having been there all along if we'd at least seen him in the background over the years.
                        Funny thing is, there's a brief shot in Season 1's "Suspicion" of an Athosian who looks kinda sorta like Kanaan. It's not Patrick Sabongui (as far as I know), but the guy looks enough like PS that I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and think that he's just a younger Kanaan.

Spoiler:

And here's one of the publicity still of PS as Kanaan in "The Kindred, Part 1" (it's REALLY big)
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Yay, sock darning! I can see why the ratings for Universe have been so fantastic

Re Eli, I guess it's just a conceit of tv that you want your own people to look stuff over as a way to incorporate them into the story.

Re Jonas, I wonder what show Corin was talking about during that con a while back? Unless it was fan misinterpretation rearing it's head again.
                        I'm thinking it was just a rumor.

Spoiler:
                        So the SGC gate is still at Cheyenne Mountain? Cool. Presumably if they wanted to keep running operations from there all they would have to do is cut power to the Atlantis gate, then call them if it needed to be reactivated. But only if they wanted to.
                        As far as we know, yeah, the Earth gate is still at Cheyenne Mountain. As for cutting power to the Atlantis gate, I suppose it could be done without pulling the plug on the ZPMs... don't want to accidentally drop the cloak and reveal Atlantis to an unsuspecting world, after all. Teehee.

Comment

That's always true! They could always remove the gate crystals from the DHD and puddlejumpers. Mind the Earth gate address would still be different to the Atlantis gate address anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary Weir22 View Post
                            That's always true! They could always remove the gate crystals from the DHD and puddlejumpers. Mind the Earth gate address would still be different to the Atlantis gate address anyway.
                            Would pulling out the crystals prevent incoming wormholes from connecting to the Atlantis gate, though? I'm not sure that would work. Of course, I'm no expert in how the gate works.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I find that's the hardest thing, when she asks about dead people.I couldn't imagine living with someone in that condition full time, you deserve a medal
                              Or a lobotomy....

So, question for the SGARising staff. I'm thinking I need to do a S4/S5 rewatch in preparation for this as I only have vague memories of most of those seasons. What episodes should I watch, or conversely, what episodes can I skip Trio & Brainstorm for the love of all things holy?

Comment

Or a lobotomy....

So, question for the SGARising staff. I'm thinking I need to do a S4/S5 rewatch in preparation for this as I only have vague memories of most of those seasons. What episodes should I watch, or conversely, what episodes can I skip Trio & Brainstorm for the love of all things holy?
                                At a bare minimum, I'd say watch all of the Weir and the Replicators storyline, the Teyla/Kanaan and Michael messing with the Athosians storyline, and the various developments with Todd and the Wraith.

So, for Season 4:
                                Adrift
                                Lifeline
                                Reunion
                                - might want to add Travelers so you know who they are
                                Missing
                                - possibly The Seer
                                This Mortal Coil
                                Be All My Sins Remember'd
                                Spoils of War
                                - possibly Outcast for new background on John
                                Midway
                                The Kindred, Parts 1 & 2
                                The Last Man

And Season 5:
                                Search and Rescue
                                Ghost in the Machine
                                The Queen
                                - possibly First Contact and The Lost Tribe
                                Outsiders
                                Inquisition
                                The Prodigal
                                Remnants (for the Sheppard storyline if nothing else. KOLYA!)
                                Infection
                                Vegas (it's AU, but hey, it's a Sheppard fest!)
                                Enemy at the Gate

SR, Eri, do either of you have any additional suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X