Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Only 6 to go? Awesomesauce!

Let's see...I'm at work, so what can I contribute? Hmmm...well, I have some fun Teyla&Todd scenes from Trust I just finished working on.

Oh, I know--query...we're revisiting the 'surgery' Teyla had during The Queen for part of the story of Trust and I had a brainstorm. To fool this 'Hive' into thinking she's a Queen, Todd suggests she needs more than him in her entourage. Ronon is going to volunteer to be made up like a drone (no surgery required, thanks to that face mask thingy) but what do you guys think about having John turn into a Wraith as well? I thought it might be fun to explore a little of that I-once-almost-evolved-into-a-Wraith business he's always trying to avoid.
    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    SPOILER ON BOOKS.

Spoiler:
    I would say avoid the John thing. Rodney turns into a Wraith in the new book series. I don't know how they deal with Teyla/Queen but I'll let you know when I read them. In case you missed our convo on LJ, I decided to read the books because there is too much conflicting info in the reviews. Some of it is just hard to believe. And we need to know what to avoid in SGARising. Don't want to step on any toes or look like we copied.
    Cool ideas, Eri! I definitely like the idea of Ronon dressed as a drone (he's definitely got the muscles for it, and wouldn't want Teyla to go with just Todd). But yeah, I agree with SR on the John thing. Maybe Todd offers, but his past history is what makes him immediately refuse? (been there done that/once is enough for me kinda thing)

Welcome, RosemaryWeir22!

Loving all the picspams/picfics for the countdown everybody!

And see? now you've all inspired my spur of the moment poet. (for some reason I couldn't get the tune of 'Bad Horse' from Dr. Horrible out of my head when doing this)

*bursts into song*

They thought that we were finished, they thought we should be through,
    But, oh, we would not listen to their cries of "shoo!"
    So we're still here four years later, not going anywhere!
    Cause John/Liz is the best and this all Sparkies do declare!
    Yay!
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Only 6 to go? Awesomesauce!

Let's see...I'm at work, so what can I contribute? Hmmm...well, I have some fun Teyla&Todd scenes from Trust I just finished working on.

Oh, I know--query...we're revisiting the 'surgery' Teyla had during The Queen for part of the story of Trust and I had a brainstorm. To fool this 'Hive' into thinking she's a Queen, Todd suggests she needs more than him in her entourage. Ronon is going to volunteer to be made up like a drone (no surgery required, thanks to that face mask thingy) but what do you guys think about having John turn into a Wraith as well? I thought it might be fun to explore a little of that I-once-almost-evolved-into-a-Wraith business he's always trying to avoid.
      Hmm, that is a good idea about Teyla needing more muscle in her entourage, though I also have to wonder if John would really be able to do it, given past history. Kanaan is another possibility, but he potentially has some of the same issues.

SPOILER ON BOOKS.

Spoiler:
      I would say avoid the John thing. Rodney turns into a Wraith in the new book series. I don't know how they deal with Teyla/Queen but I'll let you know when I read them. In case you missed our convo on LJ, I decided to read the books because there is too much conflicting info in the reviews. Some of it is just hard to believe. And we need to know what to avoid in SGARising. Don't want to step on any toes or look like we copied.
      OMG.
      Spoiler:
      Rodney gets turned into a Wraith? *headdesk*

I do agree that we need to try to stay away from doing too many things like the books did. We're both doing versions of Season 6, so having some similarities will be unavoidable, but I'd like to minimize it as much as possible.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      And see? now you've all inspired my spur of the moment poet. (for some reason I couldn't get the tune of 'Bad Horse' from Dr. Horrible out of my head when doing this)

*bursts into song*

They thought that we were finished, they thought we should be through,
      But, oh, we would not listen to their cries of "shoo!"
      So we're still here four years later, not going anywhere!
      Cause John/Liz is the best and this all Sparkies do declare!
      Yay!
      Whoo hoo! That's an awesome poem!

And... 2 to go!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And we're down to one. Time to find my party animals. John and Elizabeth are heading for that closet.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

On book

Spoiler:
          MY RODNEY A WRAITH *cries* my day just got worse

And I think I won post number 108000 go me now someone write me a Sparky Smut fic
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

108,000 posts!Woo Hoo!!!!!
            Sparky Rocks!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
              On book

Spoiler:
              MY RODNEY A WRAITH *cries* my day just got worse

And I think I won post number 108000 go me now someone write me a Sparky Smut fic
              More spoilers.

Spoiler:
              Check this out if you dare. Rodney is toast. It will be interesting to see how the Rodney fans react to this.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                And all the baby talk brings about the strangest of coincidences. SMB- congrats on being an aunt again! I too became an aunt again on Friday (for the 8th time), a new baby girl!
                Congrats!!! Babies are so wonderful.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                Pre- Smutty Tuesday Pic Fic

Spoiler:
                http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...tl_103_135.jpg

We have to wait until they hit 108K before we celebrate in the storage closet? I really don't think they'll mind.

Several posts later.........
                http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...l_102_2446.jpg

Turn it up 'Lizabeth! It's time to kick off smutty Tuesday and there's a storage closet just around the corner....

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...l_102_2459.jpg
                You do realize there is still an hour left in this day?
                An hour and nine minutes to be exact.
                Oh....my! Let's go- but make sure you stay a step or two behind so no one knows what we're up to.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...l_102_2479.jpg

Beckett: Look at them, off they go sneaking away. Why can't I ever get a boss that friendly?
                McKay: You do. It's just that she seems to have an affinity for messy headed flyboys and storage closets.
                Beckett: I can fly a jumper. My hair is spiky.
                McKay:And you almost killed John before they even met.
                Beckett: Maybe we should mingle.

LOL!! Oh, Carson, sweetie. Go find Teyla You might have to fight with Kate for her, though. Mmmmm, chocolate cake.... drools...

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                *headdesk* Is this a trick question or something?
                Spoiler:
                You watched last week's episode, so you know they got a fatal dose of radiation. If they're not already dead, they most likely will be by the time we get started. The levels they were talking about don't take very long to kill.
                There are people like me who've never seen any of SGU who wouldn't get the references. I know there are characters with the names Rush and Eli or EJ or something.

Mornin' all. I thought we'd be at the big new number by now. Glad I didn't miss the party.

Spoiler:
                http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x13-2563.jpg
                John: Mornin' sweetie. Only 7 more posts before our Sparkies reach the big goal. You know what you promised.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-1x18-1506.jpg
                Elizabeth: Patience John, don't you see we're not alone.
                Rodney: Wha...did I miss something? Promised what?
                Oh Rodney! You're so adorably clueless.

108,000 posts!Woo Hoo!!!!!
                Sparky Rocks!!!!!

Par-tay! AddEmoticons00930.gif

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                  Wow....thread has been lively today - yay!

Spoiler:

E - John, this was supposed to be a romantic walk in the woods for just the two of us, why is Rodney flying the puddle jumper in our general direction?
                  J - I don't know. Can I just shoot him and then we can go back to finding a secluded spot where we can scre... I mean cuddle?
                  That darn Rodney, always getting in the way! LOL!

Comment

More spoilers.

Spoiler:
                    Check this out if you dare. Rodney is toast. It will be interesting to see how the Rodney fans react to this.
                    Spoiler reaction

Spoiler:
                    I am not happy! How dare she do such a thing to Rodney it is jut as bad as what they with Elizabeth. Just please till me something like that won't happen in Rising, I will flip out and lose all faith in humanity.

And happy 108000 I let Sparky crash my dorm room closet to celebrate XD
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                      Spoiler reaction

Spoiler:
                      I am not happy! How dare she do such a thing to Rodney it is jut as bad as what they with Elizabeth. Just please till me something like that won't happen in Rising, I will flip out and lose all faith in humanity.

And happy 108000 I let Sparky crash my dorm room closet to celebrate XD
                      Rest assured. SGARising follows canon and everyone will be in character. We will not be going to crazytown with any of the characters. If anyone undergoes a transformation, it will not be permanent. We want fans of all stripes to actually read and enjoy our series. LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

More spoilers.

Spoiler:
                        what the heck?
                        Spoiler:
                        your kidding! what compelled her to turn rodney into a wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          what the heck?
                          Spoiler:
                          your kidding! what compelled her to turn rodney into a wraith?
                          God only knows what compelled those authors to do anything they have done. The more I hear, the weirder it gets. Maybe it's an early April Fool's joke.
                          sigpic

Comment

Rest assured. SGARising follows canon and everyone will be in character. We will not be going to crazytown with any of the characters. If anyone undergoes a transformation, it will not be permanent. We want fans of all stripes to actually read and enjoy our series. LOL
                            Good! Then I will lose all faith in thus thread which I rather not...I like you guys!
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

God only knows what compelled those authors to do anything they have done. The more I hear, the weirder it gets. Maybe it's an early April Fool's joke.
                              see this is why i'm waiting to read what you guys come up with because you guys actually stick to canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                There's also reunion, Doppelgänger and the seer that have some nice John moments when someone mentions Dr. Weir
                                Oops, forgot to respond to this one. I agree with you. Honestly, Reunion bugs the everloving *bleep* out of me so I don't even want to look at stills of it. Ok this is only vaguely on topic so I'll put it behind spoiler tags.
                                Spoiler:
                                1. Rodney being gleeful about the possibility of taking Elizabeth's job. This is not my Rodney. He loved Elizabeth in his way.
                                2. Sam being out on Elizabeth's balcony.
                                3. Sam reciting Elizabeth's argument from Rising (and the utter hypocrisy of that is astounding, remembering her scene with Elizabeth in SG-1, in whatever episode that was... I only watched it to see Torri)
                                4. John accepting Sam's argument.
                                5. Sam going on the mission.

I'm glad that scene with John was there. Even though it annoys me, I would be even MORE annoyed if it hadn't happened. Thank you, JF.

As for Doppelganger...

Spoiler:
                                Again, I'm very glad that scene with John trying to be diplomatic was there. However, I thought Sam could have been more sensitive. It seemed like pouring salt in the wound. And what was the deal with Rodney being afraid of whales? Did they forget about Echoes?

The Seer? I don't remember anything about that one. Wasn't that a Sam ep? That would explain my general apathy towards it.

Comment

Working...
                                X