Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Mornin Sparkies. Whew - I bleary-eyed this morning. I became an auntie for the 12th time yesterday morning. WOOT! (Let's not add in there the fact I'm a "great auntie" as well, sigh).

Thursday & Friday, we had our 2 year-old niece staying with us, so her Mommy & Daddy could go have a baby. Not too much sleep the past two nights. Thank God for my 8 year-old - she's been an absolute angel helping with the babysitting.

Here's a little Sparky prompt if anyone wants it....

John & Elizabeth - exhausted, rainy afternoon, naptime.
    Awww...congrats! I love being an aunt.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Baby! Congrats.

And now we have two bunnies floating around.
    I can't take care of those pesky bunnies, but I am working on a Kanaan/Teyla scene for Trust that I should have a rough sketch finished for in about five minutes. Anyone game to read it?
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Morning Sparkies hope you are having a Sparklicious weekend!

SMB Mazel Tov on your baby niece or nephew!
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Mornin Sparkies. Whew - I bleary-eyed this morning. I became an auntie for the 12th time yesterday morning. WOOT! (Let's not add in there the fact I'm a "great auntie" as well, sigh).

Thursday & Friday, we had our 2 year-old niece staying with us, so her Mommy & Daddy could go have a baby. Not too much sleep the past two nights. Thank God for my 8 year-old - she's been an absolute angel helping with the babysitting.

Congratulations!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Awww...congrats! I love being an aunt.

I can't take care of those pesky bunnies, but I am working on a Kanaan/Teyla scene for Trust that I should have a rough sketch finished for in about five minutes. Anyone game to read it?
        Definitely!

Also stopping by to drop off this little thing I whipped up last night. I was looking through the thread last night trying to find our discussions on First Year (unsuccesfully btw - does anyone have a note on what pages those were?) and I was just driven to create a motivational poster.

Spoiler:
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          Congratulations!

Definitely!

Also stopping by to drop off this little thing I whipped up last night. I was looking through the thread last night trying to find our discussions on First Year (unsuccesfully btw - does anyone have a note on what pages those were?) and I was just driven to create a motivational poster.

Great poster. All our notes on First Year are in the SS6 comm here along with notes for all the episodes. If you're not a member, just request membership and I'll approve you.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Great poster. All our notes on First Year are in the SS6 comm here along with notes for all the episodes. If you're not a member, just request membership and I'll approve you.
            Thanks. Yeah, I've looked at the comm, I was just wanting to view the thread so I could see it in order so I'll know what we finally decided on for certain things.
            sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Whee, baby! Congrats on achieving auntiness again!

Mmmm... sounds like some prime snuggle time! Unfortunately, I still have space battles to wrestle into shape.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

Awesome! Just like the Goonies never die, neither do the Sparkies!

Hmm, I probably should go back through the thread at some point, too. I know we've got pretty much everything at the comm, but I keep thinking there may be a few comments and the like that slipped through the cracks.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Awesome! Just like the Goonies never die, neither do the Sparkies!
                Please don't mention the Goonies....then I am going to think of John Sheppard being kidnapped by Kolya while he sings some Italian Aria! Seriously after that scene I wait for Kolya to start singing when he Harpoons John!
                BALCONIES
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                  Please don't mention the Goonies....then I am going to think of John Sheppard being kidnapped by Kolya while he sings some Italian Aria! Seriously after that scene I wait for Kolya to start singing when he Harpoons John!
                  Why do I feel like eating pizza now?
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    and FH
                    Spoiler:
                    Kaylee+strawberries=sweatdreams!
                    Oh yeah... very, very sweet.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Why do I feel like eating pizza now?
                      Cause Robert Davi is Italian I believe and sings Itailan arias and Pizza is Itailan?
                      BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

And pizza was featured rather prominently in The Goonies.

Comment

I guess everything in the universe leads to Robert Davi
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow you guys have been busy!!

Even Oberoth was totally crushing on Lizzeh, in a scary evil warlord kind of way... Which I'm guessing will probably do nothing to inspire happy Sparky dreams for you tonight.
                            Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!! You are pure evil.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            I agree with everything people have said about Firefly. If your interested there used to be a website that had the translations for all the Chinese on it. If you find it be prepared to ROTFLYAO at some of the stuff.
                            and FH
                            Spoiler:
                            Kaylee+strawberries=sweatdreams!

I would also recommend Warehouse 13 and Babylon 5. I really regret selling my dvds of B5. Farscape isn't bad either. And if your more in a mood for fantasy might I sugest Highlander The Series.
                            Farscape is awesome! I got into Stargate by seeing CB and BB on my screen and saying - hey, what are John and Aeryn doing on this show?

I vaguely remember watching Babylon 5 when it was first on. Can't remember much though. I've seen a few eps of Highlander too. I really liked that one!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            SeaQuest DSV

Spoiler:
                            I watched SeaQuest when I was around 13 or 14 years old - that and Star Trek TNG were my first science fiction shows that I watched (in English anyway). There was a Dutch program about two alien children who liked milk very much, so I had gotten into the genre a lot earlier. At the time I just watched, now I pay attention to other things and for the first time I notice that overhaul. I recommend season 1 and 2 for sure. The overhaul between these two seasons isn't as jarring as is with the overhaul from season 2 to 3.

At the time I watched it for the first time I had a bit of a crush on Jonathan Brandis...
                            Bolded part - um, what?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Doctor Who

Spoiler:
                            I've watched this since number 9 (Chris Eccleston) all the way through 10 (David Tennant) and I loved it. It's absolutely brilliant, and while the ship may end on a sad note at first... it's absolutely brilliantly done no matter what. And then it all ends well afterall even though it's done with a bit of a twist but a good one nonetheless.

I'm not a fan of number 11 (Matt Smith)... yet... I was too used to David Tennant. Number 10 is definitely my Doctor, and Donna Noble is my companion. Catherine Tate and David Tennant have awesome chemistry together - not in the ship way but the best mates way, which after Rose and Martha was actually a relieve.

And while we're at it, I can also recomment both Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures. TW is more adult than Doctor Who, while SJA is more steered towards the younger audience, but I love them both very much. They both rock big time. Though TW I must add does major character deaths ... but they do it very good and with consequences.

Firefly

Spoiler:
                            I wasn't immediately sold when I saw the first episode. A friend of my showed me The Trainjob but I just thought it was meh... though I did download it as a whole and started at the beginning with Serenity (the pilot not the film) and by the time Kaylee is biting in her strawberry I'm already sold - Jewel reeled me in hook, line and sinker. All the characters are awesome, the ship (both ship and romance) are awesome, the stories are well done and it's over all very fun. And I'm not just saying that because I met about half the cast already and they are awesome people, but because it seriously rocked and Fox took it off the air way too soon.

But of course, that's just what I like...

Warehouse 13 is also quite fun. Eureka if you're not yet watching that. Sanctuary is not so bad either. Merlin (BBC) if you like fantasy or maybe in April Game of Thrones.
                            Thanks for the recommendations! I watched one episode of Sanctuary and couldn't get past AT's accent. It annoyed me too much.

I've loved all the newer Dr. Who's. Thought David Tennant was my favorite. And adore Firefly. The ship in that one is beyond compare. And ditto on WH13 , Eureka, Sanctuary and Merlin. If you want something vaguely SciFi but more horror, check out Supernatural.
                            Thanks for the recs! I already watch Supernatural. Well, I have fallen months behind on season 6. I have tons of eps sitting on my DVR. I saw "In my time of dying" the other day on TNT. Now THAT was character death in sci-fi done well. And the effects of it actually continued throughout other episodes. Imagine that!

Congrats!! Wow you're lucky to have that many nieces and nephews. I only have 2 and they're older now.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!! You are pure evil.
                              Now you understand why I'm "Scary" Kitty.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Farscape is awesome! I got into Stargate by seeing CB and BB on my screen and saying - hey, what are John and Aeryn doing on this show?

I vaguely remember watching Babylon 5 when it was first on. Can't remember much though. I've seen a few eps of Highlander too. I really liked that one!
                              You've got to go back and watch Babylon 5. It's a fantastic show and a great example of how good arc-driven science fiction television can be.

Comment

Now you understand why I'm "Scary" Kitty.

You've got to go back and watch Babylon 5. It's a fantastic show and a great example of how good arc-driven science fiction television can be.
                                AddEmoticons00931.gif

Raar!

Hey, Babylon 5 is all on instant streaming on Netflix. That is a definite contender.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X