No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Sparky shippers!!! Seems like I missed quite a mess about Wraith backgrounds being changed and the end of teh world and Kolya is now narrating on the History Channel ... Way too much to take in at once!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Well, this really isn't my thing but I watched '200' tonight and it made me think about this... Before you read - I am very very tired and need to sleep. I may very well delete this tomorrow.
    Spoiler:
    When we were on Earth, did you catch Wormhole Extreme: Atlantis?
    Yes. It disturbed me, to be honest. The Wraith looked ridiculous. What kind of make up was that?
    It was better than "Don Leopard"s hair! My hair is nothing like that!
    It's not! I don't use hair gel like that!
    HEY!

The Lindsay Dere character was hot. Her red t-shirts were really tight.
    John!!
    What?
    (awkwardly) That sex scene between Don and Lindsay... that surprised me.

ROFL doesn't even do my present situation justice. Laughing hysterically with a hand clamped over my mouth to avoid waking the family -- how can I shorten that?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    The Bible says no one will know the day or the hour. So, it's all just speculation. If they keep it up long enough, one of them will be correct. LOL
    Amen!!!

So, I've discovered, trying to use GW on the iPod Touch sucks big time. However, using Notes to write new chapters of fics you're behind on works very well. Heh.

If anyone's interested, here's a preview of Chapter 14 for "Of Detectives and Doctors":
    Spoiler:
    "Kenmore turned on us. I got shot in the line of duty. So yeah. I'm gonna be a little tense whenever his name gets brought up."

Dr. Kate Heightmeyer paused, eyes darting up as she held a pencil to her lower lip, tapping it gently. "If you don't mind me asking, Detective, what concrete proof do you have as to Kenmore's involvement?"

He let out a heavy sigh as he leaned back in the oversized chair, loosening his tie in the process. "When you say concrete, you mean..."

She rolled her eyes, glaring slightly. "Definite. Ironclad." She thought for a moment, then smiled knowingly as she called his bluff. "Actual proof, not suspicions."

That earned her yet another dirty look from Sheppard. The first one had been for scheduling their regular appointment on his day off this week.

Kate only chuckled and closed her leather bound notebook. "Let's go off the record for the rest of the session. What suspicions do you have?"

Sheppard eyed the psychiatrist for a moment, then cleared his throat quietly. "Watson fled MacDill and got a job with Kenmore Security. Doesn't seem like just a coincidence to me," he replied confidently.

She leaned forward in her own chair, resting her cheek in the palm of her hand. "Maybe that's all it is. Maybe it is just a coincidence," she suggested, much to his silent disdain.

He paused, choosing his words carefully before he spoke again. "Believe me, getting wrapped up with Kenmore is the last thing I want right now."

"So why are you trying so hard to believe that he's involved?" she asked, fixing a stare on him.

He bit his lip in contemplation. Raising his eyes to meet Kate's, he let a faint proud smirk appear as he said, "Because I trust Elizabeth. And if she thinks that he is involved, she's got a darn good reason that thinking that."

Kate sighed, closing her eyes for a long second. She laid her book and pencil down on the small table facing their chairs, wishing she wasn't obligated to ask this question. "John," she asked in a slow yet professional tone, "would you even be considering this notion if Lorne or McKay had brought it up?"

She knew that John was an expert at reading between the lines. As his eyes narrowed, his gaze becoming more intense, she knew that he had. "Exactly what are you suggesting?" he asked frankly, in no way disguising the answer he already knew.

Her only reply was a pointed stare back at him.

John sighed, then leaned forward, standing from the chair. "You think that I'm letting my feelings for Elizabeth affect my judgment," he said, rather than asked.

"I only asked if--"

Holding up a hand to silence her, he replied, "Yeah, I know what you said, Doc."

As he reached for his suit jacket, Kate sighed. "You know that I have to ask. It's part of my job," she offered quietly by way of apology.

John let out a humored chuckle. Yet as he turned to face her before he left her office, his eyes turned a darker shade. "And part of my job is catching the bad guys."

As the door shut behind him, Kate couldn't hold in a shudder. She had seen the same steely determination behind his hazel eyes before.

It was there the moment they told him that Michael Kenmore, his former partner, was the one who shot him.

The plot bunnies seemed to have revived from their winter hiatus ... so hopefully a couple of my other stories will be getting updates soon!

Take care, have a good night, everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      ]

Thank you I'll be here all night XD
      You have to love the Sparky Laugh Factory! It's always good for a chuckle or two when you are down.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        So very pretty! Thank you for sharing!
        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Aye, that's our Sparky wi'the wearin' o'the green! Awesome!
        Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Love it! You should come out of lurking more often
        Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        Erin love the Sparky St. Patrick's day pic. you rock!
        Thanks very much! Glad you all liked.

Oh, and for the canon-killing novels. I don't even know what to say to that. *shakes head then ignores cause SGA Rising is going to be so much better!*

Speaking of our dear project, the art bug bit me again today and I did this (actually technically started Wednesday and then finished today). I was inspired and used this lovely pic as a reference.

Spoiler:

To make this:

Spoiler:

I don't know of any particular scene planned like this, but I just thought it would capture some of that tension/uneasiness/unresolved issues that will exist between John and Liz. I imagine that this takes place not too terribly long after they get her back, while she's still trying to adjust. I think here that they've just had some kind of argument/discussion about Elizabeth, possibly bringing up her time in captivity and that's why she looks so upset.

Of course, this could also be seen as in S7, and they've just had another argument or something's happened and they're reaching that moment of realization whereby they are seconds away from rushing to each other and starting to kiss like crazy. (*really really wants to do a pic of that kiss now!*)

Hope you like.
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

Oh, and for the canon-killing novels. I don't even know what to say to that. *shakes head then ignores cause SGA Rising is going to be so much better!*

Speaking of our dear project, the art bug bit me again today and I did this (actually technically started Wednesday and then finished today). I was inspired and used this lovely pic as a reference.

To make this:

I don't know of any particular scene planned like this, but I just thought it would capture some of that tension/uneasiness/unresolved issues that will exist between John and Liz. I imagine that this takes place not too terribly long after they get her back, while she's still trying to adjust. I think here that they've just had some kind of argument/discussion about Elizabeth, possibly bringing up her time in captivity and that's why she looks so upset.

Of course, this could also be seen as in S7, and they've just had another argument or something's happened and they're reaching that moment of realization whereby they are seconds away from rushing to each other and starting to kiss like crazy. (*really really wants to do a pic of that kiss now!*)

Hope you like.
          I read the first novel and i just shook my head in disbelief. I agree with you Erin when you say that Atlantis Rising will be better. your good at drawing John and Elizabeth. as for your setting on when this pic takes place... I really hope in AR that we get a scene similar if not close to what you just described. but if not season 7 would be nice.

Comment

Okay, I'm kinda pissed. Just typed up a reply and GW choked on me, so I had to start over.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Hey, Sparky shippers!!! Seems like I missed quite a mess about Wraith backgrounds being changed and the end of teh world and Kolya is now narrating on the History Channel ... Way too much to take in at once!
            Epic crack, that's for sure.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            So, I've discovered, trying to use GW on the iPod Touch sucks big time. However, using Notes to write new chapters of fics you're behind on works very well. Heh.
            Oh yes, trying to surf the web on an iTouch is an exercise in frustration. Fortunately, I only have to limp along for one more month. My iPad 2 is on order.

OMG, that teaser!
            Spoiler:
            So, Mikey shot John? That explains a lot. Looking forward to the finished chapter!

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...-2x01_2511.jpg

To make this:

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...ohnlizzie2.jpg

Hope you like.
            Squee, they look so adorable! And quite angsty, so yes, they need that kiss soon!

Anyway, I'm off to bed, so pleasant dreams, Sparkies!

And just a reminder: Tomorrow is the second live auction of Stargate props, costumes and set pieces. I'll be at a viewing party that the Propworx staff is putting on, so look for updates via Twitter. Good luck to anyone bidding!
            Last edited by Scary Kitty; 18 March 2011, 09:55 PM.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

To make this:

Spoiler:

Hope you like.
              I like it very much. Beautiful colors.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and Stargate Live Auction Saturday!

In case anyone's interested, here's the link to where the first live auction streaming video was shown (I'm assuming they'll have the video for today's auction up here as well): http://www.ustream.tv/channel/propworx

There's no really Sparky items available this time around, though, but there's a number of props and costumes for both Sheppard and Weir that are up for sale. Plus the final segments of the Atlantis gateroom Stargate. *wibbles*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Auction update: There will apparently not be live streaming video on the web for the public to view this time. *is sad*

Comment

Auction update: There will apparently not be live streaming video on the web for the public to view this time. *is sad*
                    So are we, boo hoo.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Even if I did do that auction (which i'm not). it just reminds me that the franchise that I have been watching since I was seven (turning eight in 1997) years old is no longer going to air new episodes and is going off the air in 8 weeks.

Comment

Thought I would share this with you guys because of the conversation we had a few weeks ago of strange as hell pairings and when this happened I immediately thought of you guys.

So Last night on Tumblr, I post this meme asking who I should be shipped with. So my friend (who is an avid Sparky/Liz fan as well) goes into my ask box and goes "does Kolya's harpoon count as a ship?". I reply what about Kolya himself. She then goes and replies to me, "okay You, Kolya and John".

I immediately do a face palm as I am reminded of the conversation containing Kolya/John as a ship and go....here we go again before bursting out into laughter.
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

started a new game
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ows-and-movies
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                            I don't think the link works or something else happened cause I'm getting the dreaded 404-page.

Edit:

Here be the correct link to Favorite ships first to 50 Stargate and other shows and movies

And for the other game that just started...even though Sparky isn't allowed in there due to not being all that rare... -> Rare Parings first to 50 Stargate only
                            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 19 March 2011, 12:57 PM.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Awesome ideas about what could have been added for Sparky. In particular I would have loved some kind of confirmation scene during Lifeline. Not soapy or over the top, but... yeah.

And Common Ground REALLY did need a John/Elizabeth tag.

Spoiler:
                              VERY NICE!! You're an excellent artist! And from your location, I take it you're an Airbender fan too? Yay! Uncle Iroh is awesome!

And just a reminder: Tomorrow is the second live auction of Stargate props, costumes and set pieces. I'll be at a viewing party that the Propworx staff is putting on, so look for updates via Twitter. Good luck to anyone bidding!
                              I found your Twitter via the Rising project, but your tweets are protected. Boo I hope you're having fun. I'd love to have the BIS outfit!

Elizabeth looks so radiant in The Pegasus Project. And the hotness of TH, MS, and CB in the Ganos Lal scenes almost made my screen explode. Hmmm, wants to read some Vala/Elizabeth friendship fic.

Comment

Oops forgot to include this post in my reply

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                                I agree with SK and SR. The only thing I would add- I would hope they would have eliminated some of the McKay pronounced Kirking. Those scenes in The Hive, The Tower and Inferno (and possibly Sanctuary and Epiphany depending on the timeframe- prob others I'm forgetting) would probably need some editing. Sunday for Elizabeth. Oh- and add a big Sparky hug at the end of The Hive!
                                Elizabeth really did look like she wanted to hug him in The Hive. Actually, The Hive flirting didn't bother me but The Tower was just AWFUL! She looked to be 18 too. And Inferno bothered me because it seemed like John was only flirting to annoy Rodney, and I hate to think of John being that childish.

Bearded Mike = bla.

Comment

Working...
                                X