Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Sparky in the bath? I rather like this one: Bath Time, by Elvinborn.
    Great rec, it was a nice treat this evening. Anyone have any other fic recs? I'm in the mood for silly and lighthearted or something crackalackin.

Eeek! Hope you're okay with all that rain! *huggles*

I'm doing pretty well, just finished reading the first three acts of "Return to Pegasus, Part 1" and OMG it is AWESOME! Y'all are gonna be blown away, Eri's done a fantastic job! I just hope my work on Part 2 will meet the bar that she's set.
    Rain is gone! Though I'm still kinding digging the thought of a puddlejumper in my driveway! Cant wait to see part one and I know you'll rock part two.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    So listen guys this is A somewhat major spoiler for SGU's Seizure but not only are Woolsey and Rodney Appearing but apparently
    Spoiler:
    Whilst promoting his upcoming feature 'Sand Sharks', Corin Nemec hinted he had reprised his SG1 character Jonas Quinn, stating "(I) got back into the boots of an old character in the third incarnation of a franchise". Which means we may see Jonas after all.
    I'm glad to hear that! I've missed *****

Meme time!

Day the Twenty-Ninth: Least favorite enemy
    The Evil Asgard. Sure, let's take one of the fan favorite good guy alien races from SG-1, and turn them EEEEEEVIL! Stupidest. Idea. Ever.
    Hmmm. Though I could see that plausibly happening to Hermiod after Novak hicupped for the zillionth time

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    For Screw The Angst Wenesday.....I bring some naseautatingly cute Sparky fluff from my RP post....in the spirit of this John muses on how Liz keeps the nightmares away!

Spoiler:
    His smile became brighter when she said she would stay with him tonight. For the past couple of nights when he woke up from his nightmares he would find himself tip toing to Elizabeth's quarters. During the walks he was agitated, always looking over his shoulder to see if anyone was following him.

Especially a tall man with a long black coat and a harpoon. He would tell himself at those moments to compare Kolya to a disney villian that could easily unravel, like Mr. Oogie Boogey from the Nightmare Before Christmas (a movie he would watch with his niece every Halloween before he left for Atlantis, now he would just watch it with Teyla). He wouldn't have to knock to get into her room.

Atlantis knew, she was in sync with him. The door would open on it's own. Quickly and gracefully he'd walk in taking the empty space in the Queen sized bed, tuck himself in and snuggled as close to Elizabeth as he could. The shivers and the shakes would leave and he would be at peace, drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

Elizabeth would be dead asleep by the time he got in. Either she found out the next morning or moments after he snuggled in and drifted to sleep that he snuck in to stay with her.

"Thank you," he said quietly, "I don't think about it when I am with you, nor do I have to. I have never felt this safe with anyone to be honest until I met you, I never thought I would have that I guess thats why fate chose me to have the gene afterall, to help me find what I have been looking for."
    Shep would certainly keep my nightmares away!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Hmmm. Though I could see that plausibly happening to Hermiod after Novak hicupped for the zillionth time

Zero Point Snark showed me the light about the Hermiod/Novak loving.
      Spoiler:
      "when we all know our favorite naked Asgard is lounging in the captain's chair with Novak feeding him grapes and fanning him with a big palm leaf."

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Spoiler:
        "when we all know our favorite naked Asgard is lounging in the captain's chair with Novak feeding him grapes and fanning him with a big palm leaf."
        Love it! But now I'm sad, I think I fumbled when I tried to bookmark Zero Point Snark- I can't find it. If you have it handy will you send it my way?
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Love it! But now I'm sad, I think I fumbled when I tried to bookmark Zero Point Snark- I can't find it. If you have it handy will you send it my way?
          Done!

Comment

Meme time!

Day the Thirtieth: One thing you would change
            Fire TPTW after the end of Season 1. The fact that they reconnected Earth and Atlantis after only one season and didn't even have a plan for Season 2 should've warned us all that they were far too careless about story planning.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

That's true of a number of episodes. The story ideas themselves sound intriguing, it's just that the resulting episodes weren't executed well. Shoddy script writing, cheesy special effects, hacked up editing... yeah.
              I think a lot of the problems in EatG could have been fixed if they'd just gone with either a two parter, or a longer ep (a la SG-1's Threads). I probably still wouldn't have liked it, but it'd be a lot better

*snickers* Wouldn't surprise me.
              It's a good thing James Robbins wasn't a Duran Duran fan

I know! It gives me all sorts of good shivers just thinking about it.
              Doesn't it? And in the context - if they'd really been thinking about revisiting Weir - then maybe all those things might've been impetus for Shep to push the issue again? After all, of all those names I listed, she was the only one that there was a question mark over in terms of actually being dead.

Ahahahahah! Good comeback!
              It probably ended at season one

Gero was wrong to do that, though. Any 'blame' should rest with the props department for using a practical item (rather than just a non-working mockup) for other scenes when it wasn't needed.
              I don't really know much about those things - wouldn't it be easier to have a functional one and update the image on it, depending on the scene?

Yup. It was such a great 'oh s**t!' moment, and it really helped set the tone for the rest of the season. Too bad they didn't stick with it.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              So listen guys this is A somewhat major spoiler for SGU's Seizure but not only are Woolsey and Rodney Appearing but apparently
              Spoiler:
              Whilst promoting his upcoming feature 'Sand Sharks', Corin Nemec hinted he had reprised his SG1 character Jonas Quinn, stating "(I) got back into the boots of an old character in the third incarnation of a franchise". Which means we may see Jonas after all.

Are you sure he wasn't referring to
              Spoiler:
              Parker Lewis Can't Lose?

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              If I was drinking something I probably would have comically spit it out.
              Me too. Probably would have made more sense
              Spoiler:
              for him to appear during the Ori invasion, but better late than never I am truly amazed that they have revisited Jonas/Corin. It was always my impression that the door was firmly shut on that chapter once they brought Daniel/Michael back.

Meme time!

Day the Twenty-Ninth: Least favorite enemy
              The Evil Asgard. Sure, let's take one of the fan favorite good guy alien races from SG-1, and turn them EEEEEEVIL! Stupidest. Idea. Ever.
              I know. It's a bit like bringing a favourite character over from SG-1, then not using them properly. Carter, Teal'C and Jackson, I'm looking at you.

Great rec, it was a nice treat this evening. Anyone have any other fic recs? I'm in the mood for silly and lighthearted or something crackalackin.

Rain is gone! Though I'm still kinding digging the thought of a puddlejumper in my driveway! Cant wait to see part one and I know you'll rock part two.

I'm glad to hear that! I've missed *****

Shep would certainly keep my nightmares away!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Spoiler:
              That would explain why we never saw Novak after Unending

Meme time!

Day the Thirtieth: One thing you would change
              Fire TPTW after the end of Season 1. The fact that they reconnected Earth and Atlantis after only one season and didn't even have a plan for Season 2 should've warned us all that they were far too careless about story planning.
              Looking back, there's a clip (presumably on the s2 extras, given that I've actually seen it) with Torri re s2. The interviewer says something to the effect of in s1, the theme was 'the wraith are coming', what's the theme of s2? She pauses for a second, then says 'the wraith are coming' and laughs. Plan? What plan?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                I think a lot of the problems in EatG could have been fixed if they'd just gone with either a two parter, or a longer ep (a la SG-1's Threads). I probably still wouldn't have liked it, but it'd be a lot better

Doesn't it? And in the context - if they'd really been thinking about revisiting Weir - then maybe all those things might've been impetus for Shep to push the issue again? After all, of all those names I listed, she was the only one that there was a question mark over in terms of actually being dead.
                And she still is, too.

I don't really know much about those things - wouldn't it be easier to have a functional one and update the image on it, depending on the scene?
                Perhaps. Certainly, they could at least have uninstalled any unnecessary programs before they ever put the tablets in front of the actors.

Me too. Probably would have made more sense
                Spoiler:
                for him to appear during the Ori invasion, but better late than never I am truly amazed that they have revisited Jonas/Corin. It was always my impression that the door was firmly shut on that chapter once they brought Daniel/Michael back.
                I always thought so, too.
                Spoiler:
                One would hope that if they finally got a clue that gee, the fans actually liked Jonas and Corin and wanted them back, then maybe they might get a clue that we also liked Weir and Torri and want them back, too?

Or maybe, pigs might fly first.

Looking back, there's a clip (presumably on the s2 extras, given that I've actually seen it) with Torri re s2. The interviewer says something to the effect of in s1, the theme was 'the wraith are coming', what's the theme of s2? She pauses for a second, then says 'the wraith are coming' and laughs. Plan? What plan?
                I vaguely recall seeing that. Sheesh. The cast was just as confused as we were.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I still think they should have either killed Ronon outright, or not at all. And scrapped the dart scenes. And fired some drones through the gate from a jumper when they discovered they'd dialled the hive by mistake. Plus ignored the wormhole drive and just had Atlantis arrive with it's regular engines - supposedly they should be able to get there in three days or less if the Deadalus can do it at that speed with the ZPM. And had Woolsey go back to Earth instead of Shep, given that he'd be just as capable of briefing the SGC, and that Atlantis probably should've been under military control at that point

And she still is, too.
                  If we're feeling generous, Ford could be alive. Although he was on a ship that exploded. In space. And he wasn't a pilot. And the hive didn't have beaming technology (not like the Deadalus). And all the other crew members died.

Perhaps. Certainly, they could at least have uninstalled any unnecessary programs before they ever put the tablets in front of the actors.
                  I wonder what MG would have written instead if Torri had actually been looking at WWE?

I always thought so, too.
                  Spoiler:
                  One would hope that if they finally got a clue that gee, the fans actually liked Jonas and Corin and wanted them back, then maybe they might get a clue that we also liked Weir and Torri and want them back, too?

Or maybe, pigs might fly first.
                  Spoiler:
                  Nah, that would've actually made sense. Better to bring back a character who was only a regular for one year (even though I preferred him to Jackson) and wasn't hugely admired in fandom. Nah, bringing back Weir would've created too much interest (from lovers, and haters who wanted to see what happened), best they avoid that completely eh. I'm sure that's what they were thinking

I vaguely recall seeing that. Sheesh. The cast was just as confused as we were.
                  That's a scary thought
                  sigpic

Comment

I still think they should have either killed Ronon outright, or not at all. And scrapped the dart scenes. And fired some drones through the gate from a jumper when they discovered they'd dialled the hive by mistake. Plus ignored the wormhole drive and just had Atlantis arrive with it's regular engines - supposedly they should be able to get there in three days or less if the Deadalus can do it at that speed with the ZPM. And had Woolsey go back to Earth instead of Shep, given that he'd be just as capable of briefing the SGC, and that Atlantis probably should've been under military control at that point
                    Heheheh... See, this is why we've got you as a creative consultant on Atlantis Rising. You keep us real.

If we're feeling generous, Ford could be alive. Although he was on a ship that exploded. In space. And he wasn't a pilot. And the hive didn't have beaming technology (not like the Deadalus). And all the other crew members died.
                    Hey, we've seen crazier escapes.

I wonder what MG would have written instead if Torri had actually been looking at WWE?
                    Or if she'd been playing World of Warcraft.

Spoiler:
                    Nah, that would've actually made sense. Better to bring back a character who was only a regular for one year (even though I preferred him to Jackson) and wasn't hugely admired in fandom. Nah, bringing back Weir would've created too much interest (from lovers, and haters who wanted to see what happened), best they avoid that completely eh. I'm sure that's what they were thinking
                    *snorts*

That's a scary thought
                    No kidding.

Comment

Heheheh... See, this is why we've got you as a creative consultant on Atlantis Rising. You keep us real.
                      More like the thorn amongst many roses

On that ep, of all eps, the focus should have been Atlantis, and it's response, rather than having Shep at the SGC and in a 302

Hey, we've seen crazier escapes.
                      Sounds a bit like the exposition needed to explain Franibeth

Or if she'd been playing World of Warcraft.
                      You can be sure if she was playing online poker then Weir would've had a gambling problem

So, to keep this on topic (vaguely) will there be any hints towards the end of the SS6 season that perhaps Carson's treatment/innoculations aren't as effective as they used to be? From the sound of it, there's enough material to fill the season as it is, but I'm just throwing it out there as a hint for the next one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Heh!

On that ep, of all eps, the focus should have been Atlantis, and it's response, rather than having Shep at the SGC and in a 302
                        No argument there.

*snorts*

You can be sure if she was playing online poker then Weir would've had a gambling problem
                        Naw, she scratches that itch at Ladies' Poker Night.

So, to keep this on topic (vaguely) will there be any hints towards the end of the SS6 season that perhaps Carson's treatment/innoculations aren't as effective as they used to be? From the sound of it, there's enough material to fill the season as it is, but I'm just throwing it out there as a hint for the next one.
                        I don't recall it ever coming up. I was under the impression that they might have found a way to permanently resolve Carson's condition so he wouldn't need recurring treatments any more. It's been a while since I saw those episodes, so I could be wrong about that.

Comment

Heh!

No argument there.

*snorts*

I don't recall it ever coming up. I was under the impression that they might have found a way to permanently resolve Carson's condition so he wouldn't need recurring treatments any more. It's been a while since I saw those episodes, so I could be wrong about that.

I thought maybe we had toyed with the idea of making him whole again, but as Kitty says I don't think it was every discussed. I think we have a couple of people who are not huge fans of Keller, so Carson wanted to be kept around to balance things out.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Heh!

No argument there.

*snorts*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            I thought maybe we had toyed with the idea of making him whole again, but as Kitty says I don't think it was every discussed. I think we have a couple of people who are not huge fans of Keller, so Carson wanted to be kept around to balance things out.

Yeah, it's been a while since I saw The Seed too, I remember Keller being unsure about the effectiveness but I guess it worked well enough for him to leave Atlantis permanently. Heavens no, I didn't mean kill him In fic, I've not minded Keller. Perhaps it has something to do with being able to find the motivation behind her actions there. Or not having to hear her voice
                            sigpic

Comment

[/B]

Yeah, it's been a while since I saw The Seed too, I remember Keller being unsure about the effectiveness but I guess it worked well enough for him to leave Atlantis permanently. Heavens no, I didn't mean kill him In fic, I've not minded Keller. Perhaps it has something to do with being able to find the motivation behind her actions there. Or not having to hear her voice
                              Oh no, we know you didn't mean kill him!

In fic, writers tend to actually write Keller well, instead of... how she was written by TPTW. If you want to see some good Keller, just you wait!

Comment

Oh it's fluffy Thursday let's see if my cute little Elizabeth gets outta the shower to find John in her bathtub scene is done in time to post!
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X