Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-minus 1 minute and 30 seconds!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Main engine start!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Liftoff! Godspeed, Discovery!

Comment

LOL! The announcer stated that Discovery's three main engines are consuming fuel at a rate that would drain an ordinary swimming pool in 25 seconds.

And we have booster separation.

Comment

Main engine cutoff, and external tank separation. Discovery is in space!

Comment

And now... Back to Sparky, and 30+1 Days of SGA meme time!

Day the Twenty-Fourth: Favorite in-show lingo
              Puddle jumper. It's cute, it's sassy, and it's utterly John. And he's totally right, "Gateship" is just lame. I mean, come on! A "ship" is a vessel that is large enough to carry smaller sea/air/space-worthy passenger-carrying vessels on it. The jumpers aren't that big, therefore they cannot be called "ships." The Ancients were STUPID to call them "Gateships" and should all be hung from the top of the Atlantis control tower by their heels until they learn how to name things properly. Don't even get me started on how the Orion was originally named for a general named Hippaforalkus. What kind of parents name their kid THAT?!? *headdesk*

Comment

Day 3: An episode you hate –
                Spoiler:

Trio

Again I think I might have more than one to pick on based on criteria. I suppose “hate” might possibly be too strong of a word, because even the episodes I like the least in the show have at least some minimal redeeming value that would cause me to have sort of almost a reason to watch them. “Trio” was probably the most boring episode in the entire franchise for me. I don’t think has ever been another episode in all of SG-1 or SGA where I actually began almost begging for it to be over well before the end and seriously was considering skipping it. Turns out there was, because the very last scene is an early McKeller scene, which apparently gets their relationship sort of started in the main timeline. Of course waiting through a very boring episode just to see that isn’t exactly a point in the episodes favor at all. Although to be fair there are still episodes I liked less than this.

Day 4: A character you wish Kolya would kill – No-one comes to mind.

Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships- Ummm. I’m not always good with gathering pictures like this. Maybe i can skip this until later.

Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause – I may be forgetting something, but what I found funniest that I can recall was probably Rodney getting shot with an arrow in Sateda.

Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real –

Spoiler:
                The end of Ghost in the Machine. No so much because of the scene, in and of itself, but upon the realization that that was the end of Elizabeth’s story.

Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times –
                Spoiler:

Uh, there are several. I think the easiest that comes to mind is Vegas. But perhaps that isn’t the best example, because I wasn’t watching it so much because I liked it. I actually didn’t care for it too much, but I watched it more than once to see if it got better in subsequent viewings or if there were things that I didn’t pick up on well enough. As it turns out, for me it didn’t get much better on the second viewing. Or on the third. But I think I might have liked it a somewhat better on my fourth, although even then it's often because I eventually found many of the scenes kinda cool, but I still didn't really understand them all that much better. Todd’s poetry for example, I have no idea what he was trying to say or why he was saying it or what it was supposed to mean, but on my third or fourth time it seemed like it was pretty cool scene regardless. If that doesn't count then I'm fairly certain I watched Common Ground many times because I liked it, and Rising too because going back to watch the pilot is always a lot of fun for me because there's always things that I didn't pick up when I first started watching the show.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  LOL! The announcer stated that Discovery's three main engines are consuming fuel at a rate that would drain an ordinary swimming pool in 25 seconds.

And we have booster separation.
                  Damn that's fast :O
                  Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
                  My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

That fic - This Is Our Festival - I read it. It was awesome, hilarious and totally brilliant... AND YAY FOR KATE BEING IN IT!! I giggled quite a few times...
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      I remember that one! *goes to look*
                      Well, I found it, but it's no longer available on LJ. It was called "Got Them Tied-to-an-alien-totem-pole Blues."
                      Crud! Thanks for checking!

Quick alert: space shuttle Discovery is set to launch on its final scheduled mission later today, at 4:50 pm Eastern Time (1:50 pm Pacific Time). As always, you can watch the launch live on NASA TV through your cable/satellite provider, or streaming online. Anyone want to be here to watch the launch?

In related news, you may remember that space shuttle Atlantis went on what we thought was its last mission last year. Not anymore! Atlantis has now been scheduled for a new mission, penciled in for June 28. Stay tuned on that.
                      Drat I was out and missed it!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      And on an exciting personal note. I saw the first robin of spring today! Woot! \0/ Then the lawn service came and applied our "Spring treatment". It's coming I tell ya.
                      My lawn is still under a foot of snow.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      ... Anybody miss me???
                      Hi!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      Day 3: An episode you hate –
                      Spoiler:

Trio

Again I think I might have more than one to pick on based on criteria. I suppose “hate” might possibly be too strong of a word, because even the episodes I like the least in the show have at least some minimal redeeming value that would cause me to have sort of almost a reason to watch them. “Trio” was probably the most boring episode in the entire franchise for me. I don’t think has ever been another episode in all of SG-1 or SGA where I actually began almost begging for it to be over well before the end and seriously was considering skipping it. Turns out there was, because the very last scene is an early McKeller scene, which apparently gets their relationship sort of started in the main timeline. Of course waiting through a very boring episode just to see that isn’t exactly a point in the episodes favor at all. Although to be fair there are still episodes I liked less than this.
                      What about Brainstorm? That's the only episode where I couldn't even be bothered to watch it until the end because I was so bored.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      That fic - This Is Our Festival - I read it. It was awesome, hilarious and totally brilliant... AND YAY FOR KATE BEING IN IT!! I giggled quite a few times...
                      Yay!!

Comment

That fic was awesome
                        A slice of everyday life. you know, when it's not trying to eat/kill/maim/suck the life out of/blow them all up.

My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause – I may be forgetting something, but what I found funniest that I can recall was probably Rodney getting shot with an arrow in Sateda.
                          Rodney screams like such a girl.

Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real –

Spoiler:
                          The end of Ghost in the Machine. No so much because of the scene, in and of itself, but upon the realization that that was the end of Elizabeth’s story.
                          Darn right that wasn't real!

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
                          Damn that's fast :O
                          LOL! I know, huh? Every once in a while, the announcer on the launches will slide in some random trivia about the shuttles. I think that's the first one that had me laughing, though.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Heehee!

That fic was awesome
                          A slice of everyday life. you know, when it's not trying to eat/kill/maim/suck the life out of/blow them all up.
                          That fic is definitely a keeper. Saved to my hard drive!

Comment

That fic is definitely a keeper. Saved to my hard drive!
                            Ff fav list and my hard drive
                            And my email, but that's mostly because I just had to share it

Comment

Main engine cutoff, and external tank separation. Discovery is in space!
                              Thanks SK! I was at the hospital visiting my mom (she's fine, a routine scheduled surgery) and this was how I kept up! I did catch some of the interviews on the NASA channel later and saw the footage of the takeoff. It never ceases to take my breath away. Of course, I still vividly remember watching the Challenger tragedy on live TV. It's hard not to hold your breath after that. Godspeed to the crew for a safe and successful mission.

And now... Back to Sparky, and 30+1 Days of SGA meme time!

Day the Twenty-Fourth: Favorite in-show lingo
                              Puddle jumper. It's cute, it's sassy, and it's utterly John. And he's totally right, "Gateship" is just lame. I mean, come on! A "ship" is a vessel that is large enough to carry smaller sea/air/space-worthy passenger-carrying vessels on it. The jumpers aren't that big, therefore they cannot be called "ships." The Ancients were STUPID to call them "Gateships" and should all be hung from the top of the Atlantis control tower by their heels until they learn how to name things properly. Don't even get me started on how the Orion was originally named for a general named Hippaforalkus. What kind of parents name their kid THAT?!? *headdesk*
                              I thought McKay and Ford came up with Gateship- "It's a ship...that goes through a gate." But, then again, my memory has gaps larger than moon craters, LOL.

That fic was awesome
                              You're right. I've read many fics that are heartfelt and many that are humorous. Not many manage to pull them both off at the same time. It made my heart smile
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

hey folks sorry i havent been around. school has been kicking my six up one way and down the other. ill try to come on and post frequently but its getting to be that time again.

Comment

Working...
                                X