No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard from gateraid lately - he lives in NZ....

OT (earthquake in Christchurch, NZ)
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Power Rangers? (I admit, I used to watch. It went downhill after they got rid of Zordon.) One of the various dubbed and heavily edited animes (Yu-Gi-Oh! and that ilk)?
      You're gonna make me come clean, aren't ya? It's a Nickelodeon show called iCarly. I never participated in its fandom but I used to lurk. One of the sites mostly visited by adults was destroyed when the creator/exec producer started posting messages. The show isn't very good anymore and I lost interest. My tastes are all over the place. I watch cartoons and sci-fi but my favorite show of all time is Golden Girls. So, yeah.

Oh and you guys have got me watching Castle now and if that breaks my heart I'm going to send Ronon after you.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Oh and you guys have got me watching Castle now and if that breaks my heart I'm going to send Ronon after you.
        I wouldnt mind having Ronon after me! I would like to give him a hug!
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

Eeek! gateraid, I hope you're okay, buddy! *hugs*

You're gonna make me come clean, aren't ya? It's a Nickelodeon show called iCarly. I never participated in its fandom but I used to lurk. One of the sites mostly visited by adults was destroyed when the creator/exec producer started posting messages. The show isn't very good anymore and I lost interest. My tastes are all over the place. I watch cartoons and sci-fi but my favorite show of all time is Golden Girls. So, yeah.
          Like Joe Flanigan said, it's all about ego and vanity, and from what you've said, I guess that also applies to the guy who created iCarly.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Gateraid I will keep you in my prayers!!!!!

Also I know this is OT but this is also an important matter.

Spoiler:
            There is currently a revolution in Libya, innocent people are dying because they raised their voice, if you would like to help there is a petition you can sign to help:

http://www.petitiononline.com/01031988/petition.html
            BALCONIES
            sigpic

Comment

I just found out about the quake and am worried about him too. I'm not sure how close to Christchurch he lives. Maybe he'll come by later.

Golden Girls! Loved it! Have you seen Hot in Cleveland with Betty White, Wendy Malick, Valerie Bertinelli, and Jane Leeves? It's a real hoot.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I just found out about the quake and am worried about him too. I'm not sure how close to Christchurch he lives. Maybe he'll come by later.

Golden Girls! Loved it! Have you seen Hot in Cleveland with Betty White, Wendy Malick, Valerie Bertinelli, and Jane Leeves? It's a real hoot.
                I want to say the last time he let us know that he wasn't affected because Christchurch was aways from him, but I don't remember 100%. I hope he's alright. =\

In SGA Rising news, I added an additional 20 pages to the story, which is now at 91 pages. Remaining as far as original content is:

- Adding in some scenes with Todd
                - A montage sequence showing Nancy's first two days or so touring Atlantis
                - cleaning up continuity with Teyla's role
                - Nancy's decision to release the City (including a completely rational explanation of why) and the City's leaving
                - Arrival in Pegasus.

As you can see, the story will be well over 100 pages when I'm finished. I'd say it's about 85% complete now. Kitty, sorry that the ending has taken so long but everything else just flowed naturally except that.

I'm going to update the Wordpress blog with our progress.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Spoiler:
                  That article has a good summary of it, although things have gone downhill since then. It's night now, the rain is falling, and the death toll has gone up as more bodies have been found.

I'm fine, as I live outside the quake area. Although I would have been right in the worst affected area today if the weather hadn't cleared (I was called back to work).

Australia has sent S & R people over to help, while the US has reassigned the AF staff already here (as part of the Antarctic programme) and allowed us the use of their planes.

It's no Haiti, but this is shaping up to be NZ's worst disaster to date. Water is gone (this is a problem for the firefighters), and what is there is bubbling up through the streets, power is out, they've had to shut off the gas....

On a brighter noter, re the canon debate, I probably have a stricter definition than some because I don't want to have to sift through other mediums to elaborate on the show. That has worked to my disadvantage at times (eg ST10 had some deleted scenes that explained what had happened to the senior staff [and made it look like Crusher & Picard had some sort of galactic booty call arrangement] and essentially wrapped up the TNG part of the franchise, but given that they weren't in the movie, I have to ignore them) in terms of what I want to see, but it is the simplest option, and I believe that the majority of viewers would follow this rule (sci-fi viewers being the exception).

I also don't think PTB of any show should interact directly with fans. Cons are okay, as well as interviews, but blogs and forums are a bad idea IMO. JM has proven that.

As for SS6, I'm going to consider that part of my personal canon, in much the same way as these are

OMG Cornell! What happened?!?

Elizabeth said she wanted me to shag her senseless, and now I can't wake her up

SGA PTB: OMG, Atlantis is so bright and vibrant. We need to go darker this year. I know, lets dial back the lighting. Yeah, that'll do it
                  sigpic

Comment

Glad yup are safe Gateraid!
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      I want to say the last time he let us know that he wasn't affected because Christchurch was aways from him, but I don't remember 100%. I hope he's alright. =\

In SGA Rising news, I added an additional 20 pages to the story, which is now at 91 pages. Remaining as far as original content is:

- Nancy's decision to release the City (including a completely rational explanation of why) and the City's leaving
                      - Arrival in Pegasus.

As you can see, the story will be well over 100 pages when I'm finished. I'd say it's about 85% complete now. Kitty, sorry that the ending has taken so long but everything else just flowed naturally except that.

Whoa, wow! You have been a busy girl. Can't wait to read it.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      That article has a good summary of it, although things have gone downhill since then. It's night now, the rain is falling, and the death toll has gone up as more bodies have been found.

I'm fine, as I live outside the quake area. Although I would have been right in the worst affected area today if the weather hadn't cleared (I was called back to work).

Australia has sent S & R people over to help, while the US has reassigned the AF staff already here (as part of the Antarctic programme) and allowed us the use of their planes.

It's no Haiti, but this is shaping up to be NZ's worst disaster to date. Water is gone (this is a problem for the firefighters), and what is there is bubbling up through the streets, power is out, they've had to shut off the gas....

On a brighter noter, re the canon debate, I probably have a stricter definition than some because I don't want to have to sift through other mediums to elaborate on the show. That has worked to my disadvantage at times (eg ST10 had some deleted scenes that explained what had happened to the senior staff [and made it look like Crusher & Picard had some sort of galactic booty call arrangement] and essentially wrapped up the TNG part of the franchise, but given that they weren't in the movie, I have to ignore them) in terms of what I want to see, but it is the simplest option, and I believe that the majority of viewers would follow this rule (sci-fi viewers being the exception).

I also don't think PTB of any show should interact directly with fans. Cons are okay, as well as interviews, but blogs and forums are a bad idea IMO. JM has proven that.

As for SS6, I'm going to consider that part of my personal canon, in much the same way as these are

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29346[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29347[/ATTACH]

SGA PTB: OMG, Atlantis is so bright and vibrant. We need to go darker this year. I know, lets dial back the lighting. Yeah, that'll do it
                      Whew! Relief that you are okay. I didn't think you were in the midst of it but you never know. I saw that our local search and rescue team is on the way down there so if you see anyone with a Fairfax County patch, that's us. They are world famous and have been working in Haiti lately. Good luck to everyone there.

And I think our personal canon pretty much agrees. Nice that we are all free to see things as we like. Speaking of which, Torri's vid from the con pretty much says she agrees with us. LOL No matter how much TPTB denied it, Sparky was real.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'll have to check that out, I need a funny show. I've been told laughing at least 15 minutes a day is great for your heart (gasp, am I really justifying wanting to laugh? I need to get out more.)

- Arrival in Pegasus.

Eri, I must admit I've been missing my morning coffee breaks (my hands are shaking because I'm actually consuming the coffee this week - it isn't all over my laptop), but this, ahhhh, this is even better. That is an enormous amount of work- congrats on your progress!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So glad to see you here, I hope all your friends and family are safe. It is heartbreaking to see that type of tragedy to happen to a community. Hopefully the affected area can make a swift recovery.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

gateraid! Glad you're okay, buddy! *glomps*

- Arrival in Pegasus.

Part 1 is looking fantastic! Definitely looking forward to seeing the finished product. Don't worry about the ending taking so long, I haven't had a chance to work on Part 2 since my last update, so this gives me a chance to catch up.

Actually, as I understand it, TPTB for Star Trek stated that deleted scenes are not canon, so you're safe on that. At least, this was the case a number of years ago, and I don't know if they've changed their minds since then. Like I said earlier, it depends on the franchise and who is running it.

Whoo baby! John, you animal!

*snorts*

And I think our personal canon pretty much agrees. Nice that we are all free to see things as we like. Speaking of which, Torri's vid from the con pretty much says she agrees with us. LOL No matter how much TPTB denied it, Sparky was real.
                          Yup. If it's on screen, it's canon. And Sparky was totally on screen.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've had this song stuck in my head for weeks. I can't help but think it would make a great Sparky vid
                            Spoiler:
                            for Elizabeth's return?

Maybe someday one of you creative vidders will get bored. It would just be nice to have a few more lighthearted happy Sparky vids out there, ya know? With lots of Sparky gazes and memories of happy days hinting at what the future will bring..... *sighs wistfully*

sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

gateraid! Glad you're okay, buddy! *glomps*

Part 1 is looking fantastic! Definitely looking forward to seeing the finished product. Don't worry about the ending taking so long, I haven't had a chance to work on Part 2 since my last update, so this gives me a chance to catch up.

Actually, as I understand it, TPTB for Star Trek stated that deleted scenes are not canon, so you're safe on that. At least, this was the case a number of years ago, and I don't know if they've changed their minds since then. Like I said earlier, it depends on the franchise and who is running it.

Whoo baby! John, you animal!

*snorts*

Yup. If it's on screen, it's canon. And Sparky was totally on screen.
                              And even if TPTB declares something to be canon, fans are free to ignore it. Canon is tricky at the best of times. I think we've hit a good note with SGARising. There is very little we've had to question or not too much we've had to decide if it's really canon or not. Just watch the show and if it's on screen, it's canon.
                              sigpic

Comment

In the year or so after the cancellation, JF was very vocal at every con about the treatment of Torri and how TPTB had not done what they promised for any of them. He always said he missed her and once said he thought she was a lot sexier off screen. You can always depend on Joe to tell you what he's thinking and not worry about the consequences. The rest of the cast depended on him to go to TPTB with any concerns and he was glad to do it. As a result, he sometimes got blamed for things that were not his idea. He always stuck up for the cast against the bosses.
                                Ok, loving him even MORE! That's great that he was able to do that for them. Is that why there seems to be some animosity for JF from JM? I remember JM joking about Remnants being an excuse to beat up Joe, and laughing that nasty laugh of his. I thought that was an odd comment at the time.

Ah, Golden Girls. Not many shows stand the test of time, but that one does. The Dorothy/Sophia relationship has always been just like me and my mom. I used to say "Shady Pines, Ma!" quite a bit. Now that my mom is in her 80s and has some dementia, it is even more like that relationship. In fact there was one time when we had a conversation almost verbatim out of the show (my mom asking where her teeth were - "they're in your mouth, ma!")

No I've never seen that show. What station is it on?

In SGA Rising news, I added an additional 20 pages to the story, which is now at 91 pages.
                                Holy smokes, batman! This is going to be so beyond awesome!!! That's so much work! Us non-writers should throw you all a party afterwards Seriously, though, this is great and I'm so thankful to you guys for it.

Spoiler:

I'm glad you're fine, but feel so sorry for all those affected. I hope the water & power aren't off for too long.

Yeah they did that with lighting. I thought it was my TV at first.

And even if TPTB declares something to be canon, fans are free to ignore it. Canon is tricky at the best of times. I think we've hit a good note with SGARising. There is very little we've had to question or not too much we've had to decide if it's really canon or not. Just watch the show and if it's on screen, it's canon.
                                Besides, even the show can contradict canon. How much of the personal shield canon from Hide and Seek was completely ignored in Irresponsible?

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                                I've had this song stuck in my head for weeks. I can't help but think it would make a great Sparky vid
                                Spoiler:
                                for Elizabeth's return?

Maybe someday one of you creative vidders will get bored. It would just be nice to have a few more lighthearted happy Sparky vids out there, ya know? With lots of Sparky gazes and memories of happy days hinting at what the future will bring..... *sighs wistfully*

Great song! This thread is great for bringing new music to my attention. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X