Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Oh, and by the way, we just hit 107,000 posts. YEE HAW!!!!

*opens up the champagne and starts passing around glasses*
    *Toasts to everyone*
    I haven't been here long, but it's been fun so far

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    My brain seems to come up with a lot of ideas for those.
    How could you not? Atlantis is surrounded by water. Lots of room for a pirate ship and crew
    Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
    My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      My brain seems to come up with a lot of ideas for those.
      And they're always fun!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Colonel Dylan Everett. No, she wasn't, she just got on with her job. Which at that time was finding the best way to defend Atlantis - getting some dodgy nukes.
      And she absolutely pwned the Genii at it, too.

I've never gotten the Kirk thing. If he's Kirk, then Carter must be a woman of the night, given the amount of dudes she's either been with, or had a thing for. Plus, like a black widow, she finds a way for them to die afterwards. Except Pete. The only time I saw John actively chasing someone (and even then, that's a bit of a stretch) was with that biologist. Then he dreamed Kolya had chopped his arm off, take from that what you will.
      *cough*Chaya*cough* Then there was Teer, although he was kinda only flirting with her a bit, then she blindsided him . He looked like he was half-heartedly competing with McKay at making googly eyes at Noreena (from "Inferno"). And that scientist we saw in the flashbacks in "No Man's Land" that he was eying.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And they're always fun!

And she absolutely pwned the Genii at it, too.

*cough*Chaya*cough* Then there was Teer, although he was kinda only flirting with her a bit, then she blindsided him . He looked like he was half-heartedly competing with McKay at making googly eyes at Noreena (from "Inferno"). And that scientist we saw in the flashbacks in "No Man's Land" that he was eying.

Don't forget the Tower:
        I never see this coming.
        Mara: Shut up! *tackles shep onto bed* -Ok, I made up the shut up part

Originally Posted by Anuna
        I was never really buying the Kirk personality. one of my friends said that PTW "created John, realized he was something beautifulč and then went on to destroy the beauty of their creation." he had to have a flaw, only it feels like an unnecessary flaw, at least to me. John is already imperfect, in a realistic way that doesn't make him unlovable. Making him a "Kirk" felt like the writers tried to make us love him less. I usually ignore the Kirk aspect all together. Of course the girls fall for him - why wouldn't they? But I definitely don't agree with "thinking with the other head" definition of John who is anything but careless when it comes to relationships.

My opinions, of course.
        This has me off looking for a fic. Thought it was Anuna's, maybe it's Shane Vansen's....dunno. But awesome! Set after Miss Chaya, and Elizabeth wanted both of John's heads examined. Total smut!

And- SMB_Books challenge has me looking for another fic. I keep thinking if Elizabeth was affected (by stuff Lucius had) and John the recipient- aliens made them do it or as this board may have it- new sexual harrasment suit. But the fic was one where all the women on Atlantis really, really, really needed s**. They would die without it- and ELizabeth picked John to help her out of the situation. HEHEHE. Anyone remember this? This craziness on the thread has had this in my mind all week.

Wow! I've got a lot of catching up to do! Yeah- 107k!
        Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 19 February 2011, 02:14 PM.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

First things first: 107000 posts!

I like him, it's just that s5 seemed so different to s4. I appreciated it being slightly less campy than the previous season, which has always been one of my criticisms of the newer show (along with the massive focus on ship).
          I absolutely hate the recent need to ship the Doctor. Back in the day that never happened. Everything doesn't have to be about ship, dang it.

Submersion makes sense to me because it was an Atlantis outpost, on Lantea. They didn't really seem to have a hard and fast rule for her going off world. The Tower would've been ideal - it was an exact replica of Atlantis, they should have sent most of the scientists there (the in show reason also being that given that it was all on standing sets, it would've been an easy ep to add Weir into because it should have been shot quicker). Underground, when they found out about the Genii, should've involved her. By the same token, I'm not sure she should have been on the first contact team during Progeny, but whatever.
          Originally, it was said that Elizabeth would be going off world with them in The Tower. We spent hours in this thread speculating then later they decided for unknown reasons not to include her. Now I wonder how the Mara/John situation would have been different. I thought it was much more shippy to have him being all nervous telling her he got the girl. Who knows what they were thinking.

Reading this, it makes me wonder if they didn't envision her as some sort of SGA Vala type character?
          That is precisely what I think too...but Vala lite.

Given some of the stuff that is on fanfiction, and possibly in certain novels by the same author, it's possible he could be a macho man in a dress sometime soon.
          *shudders*

That is an excellent example. I wish I'd thought of it

Colonel Dylan Everett. No, she wasn't, she just got on with her job. Which at that time was finding the best way to defend Atlantis - getting some dodgy nukes.

*snort*

I've never gotten the Kirk thing. If he's Kirk, then Carter must be a woman of the night, given the amount of dudes she's either been with, or had a thing for. Plus, like a black widow, she finds a way for them to die afterwards. Except Pete. The only time I saw John actively chasing someone (and even then, that's a bit of a stretch) was with that biologist. Then he dreamed Kolya had chopped his arm off, take from that what you will.
          I think so too. As far as I saw it John was just acting like any normal single guy. Heck, Rodney had more girls than he did. John didn't exactly go looking for them and so what if he flirted a bit. I always though Chaya put a spell on him. Teer was just creepy and he did take time to get to know her. The rest was just mild flirtation.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Alright alright, I know you guys have been playing this game for a long time now and I'm way behind even all the people who are way behind but I've decided to try to zoom through a catch up. Lets see how I can do.

Day 1: Your favorite character –

Spoiler:
            Todd

Picking a favourite character is a little tricky because for me the best moments from most characters come from their interactions with other ones, so just picking one by themselves doesn’t really tell the whole story of their role. With that said, while it’s certainly true with this one too, I’d say Todd is a pretty clear choice for me favourite character. I think he was a perfect blend of being (mostly) well written, well acted, and fitting into a role that suited him and the show perfectly. He may even be a strong contender for my favourite character in the whole franchise. I’ve always found there to be something eye catching about Christopher Heyerdahl’s performances and the character of Todd was, by far, the most fascinating on the show to me. He was always one who sort of walked the fine line between enemy and ally and never really kept to one role for long, so he always kept both the characters and the audiences on edge a little. I also loved how he was consistently made out to be a sympathetic character despite the fact that he was always still a wraith. But I think one the things that impressed me the most was that the character would probably have been the most memorable wraith on the show already even if he’d never been brought back after Common Ground, and having him come back was a very risky move if they didn’t do him justice. They could have very easily screwed it up and made the end of Common Ground much less meaningful, but TPTB really did a good job expanding and developing his character into something that was worthwhile and truly memorable, so for that they deserve serious kudos in my book. Todd’s interactions with the rest of the team were all usually my favorite scenes in the show, I loved how he had a very personal connection with each of the major cast member, so he seemed like fit in perfectly with them all. You add all that together and you get a character that reached that level where I’d be fascinated to watch whenever he’s onscreen, almost no matter what he’s doing. Very few characters ever reach that level for me. The only other ones I can think of are Scorpius form Farscape, and maybe a couple characters from my other favorite shows played by my favorite voice actors. This is probably just viewing the show between my personal biases, (especially since it's not a perfect theory) but I often tend to think of the history Stargate: Atlantis as being divided into the “Weir Era” and the “Todd Era.” Shepard being the star of the show throughout its run, I often think of it defined by who’s relationship with him stood out the most to me.

Day 2: Your favorite episode -

Spoiler:
            This isn’t really a question I can answer straight up. It changes from how I think about them and my mood. There are several candidates I can think of that might qualify. I always thought "Be All My Sins Remember’d" was great, and it probably would have been an easy pick for me had it been only slightly different. I would have considered it to be about a perfect 10/10 had there been a few references to Elizabeth worked into it and maybe had the course of the battle been slightly different. It seemed a little too easy, and with no sort of “flow” to it. I think it would have been nice if there had been a more back and forth tide that would have ended when the plan worked just as the Asurans were starting to be gaining the distinct advantage by attrition. Other than that, "Common Ground" is probably one that stands out as one of the best episodes of the first 3 seasons for a variety of reasons. But the "Adrift/Lifeline" duo is perhaps the most emotional of the episodes for me. It was exhausting by the end, and I thought it was very good overall.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Oh, and by the way, we just hit 107,000 posts. YEE HAW!!!!

*opens up the champagne and starts passing around glasses*
              Thank you SK, but thanks to SR and Gateraid- I've wasted your kind gift by snorting it through my nose! (Gateraid: He probably just wanted to see if hers was bigger than his (her quarters).

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
              Hello all! *waves*

Zandra!!!

And welcome, Siara.Corvus!!

I don't know if you guys remember this story of mine, but I FINALLY FINISHED CHAPTER TWO OF ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE!!!! OMG. I've been really really bad about updating this story *cough*Mayoflastyear*cough* but I finally did!

LJ:
              prologue (for a refresher): http://lantis-kate.livejournal.com/5778.html

Chapter 2: http://lantis-kate.livejournal.com/8996.html

Fanfiction.net (chap 2):
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5408262/3/

Hooray!!
              d

Good to see you Erin, and what a lovely treat- new fic!

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
              *emerald_day drops in*

Hey, fellow sparkies how are you all doing? School has been yet again taken up a lot of my time so I haven´t been abel to log on here as much as I would have liked. I´m sorry for going off topic but I just have to ask this question out of my curiosity. It´s my 20th b-day today (19.02.11) and I was just wondering how some of you that are over 20 celebrated your 20th b-day? I hope I´m making any seance.
              Well. They had to bribe me out of bed with a donut today...so I may not be the best person to ask! Hope you have a great birthday!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Precisely.

They just wanted to rip each other's clothes off and ravish each other right there in front of everybody! AHAHAHAHAHAH!

Good times, eh? *snerks*

"No pain, no gain," indeed. That was certainly my thoughts when I watched/read summaries for SGU in research for SS6. It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it. So hey, we'll take one for the team. *high-fives*

And you betcha SPARKY IS ETERNAL!
              Ahhh. *happysighs* ripping clothes and ravishing

And I *gasp* don't really mind watching any epps from season 1-3 (except First Strike). After all, no matter how bad the epp there is truly fantastic.....hair!

One of my biggest gripes is the timing the eppisodes aired. This is a common prob I suppose when they farm out epps and there doesn't seem to be a true writers table and the timeline seems all out of whack. Whether or not the ship *dripplings to the fans* were intended or not, it just kills me to see:

Like we get Travelers (yes aka Promethus Unbound) two epps after Lifeline. What...the...heck, let the man morn before you throw out the S&M and alien smooches. We get Sanctuary right after Hot Zone and the rain had hardly dried from the Storm. We get Ephiphany after the almost hug from the Hive (grrrr, another chick- what's her name, Neera?).

Is it too much to ask, that if TPW want to tease me, they do so consistently?
              I have to stop, I'm getting depressed. Whose got the champagne?
              Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 19 February 2011, 02:17 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                Don't forget the Tower:
                I never see this coming.
                Mara: Shut up! *tackles shep onto bed* -Ok, I made up the shut up part
                John wasn't actively pursuing Mara, though. It always seemed to me that he had some sort of weird vibe in the back of his mind that was putting him off about her. Hence why she had to try to waylay him.

This has me off looking for a fic. That it was Anuna's, maybe it's Shane Vansen's....dunno. But awesome! Set after Miss Chaya, and Elizabeth wanted both of John's heads examined. Total smut!

And- SMB_Books challenge has me looking for another fic. I keep thinking if Elizabeth was affected (by stuff Lucius had) and John the recipient- aliens made them do it or as this board may have it- new sexual harrasment suit. But the fic was one where all the women on Atlantis really, really, really needed s**. They would die without it- and ELizabeth picked John to help her out of the situation. HEHEHE. Anyone remember this? This craziness on the thread has had this in my mind all week.

Wow! I've got a lot of catching up to do! Yeah- 107k!
                Hmm, not sure about either of those fics... The second one does sound familiar, though.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Originally, it was said that Elizabeth would be going off world with them in The Tower. We spent hours in this thread speculating then later they decided for unknown reasons not to include her. Now I wonder how the Mara/John situation would have been different. I thought it was much more shippy to have him being all nervous telling her he got the girl. Who knows what they were thinking.
                My guess is that they couldn't have Elizabeth joining John in the tower itself because she didn't have the ATA gene. Remember that whole thing that Otho was going on about having to have the right blood to be allowed entry?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I think so too. As far as I saw it John was just acting like any normal single guy. Heck, Rodney had more girls than he did. John didn't exactly go looking for them and so what if he flirted a bit. I always though Chaya put a spell on him. Teer was just creepy and he did take time to get to know her. The rest was just mild flirtation.
                Indeed. And that bit about Rodney having more girls than John did? Yet Rodney's calling John "KirK?" Who's the Kirk now, McKay?

Thank you SK, but thanks to SR and Gateraid- I've wasted your kind gift by snorting it through my nose! (Gateraid: He probably just wanted to see if hers was bigger than his (her quarters).
                Not a problem. We have bottomless champagne.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Found One! Smut warnings- this is the one where Elizabeth wants both John's heads examined.

Ohhh! Just found the other: This should make a lot of you happy granted the insanity this week.

Okay, I think there is a different version of the last one on Wraithbait, but the site is not loading now. I'll keep my eye out for it though.
                  Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 19 February 2011, 02:52 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Found One! Smut warnings- this is the one where Elizabeth wants both John's heads examined.

Ohhh! Just found the other: This should make a lot of you happy granted the insanity this week.

Okay, I think there is a different version of the last one on Wraithbait, but the site is not loading now. I'll keep my eye out for it though.
                    That was awesome
                    Favourite line:
                    Spoiler:
                    "Don't fool yourself. We will be doing this again. A lot."

My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
                      That was awesome
                      Favourite line:
                      Spoiler:
                      "Don't fool yourself. We will be doing this again. A lot."
                      Awww, Shep!
                      Ok. But I'm the only one who gets to play with your hair. And you can never, ever, cut it. Understood?
                      Absolutely. Wait... what did you say?
                      sigpic

Comment

Awww, Shep!
                        Ok. But I'm the only one who gets to play with your hair. And you can never, ever, cut it. Understood?
                        Absolutely. Wait... what did you say?
                        Of course she'd say that at a moment when he's not thinking straight

Comment

TheLadyMore and InfinitePossibilities:

I like the Pirates of the Caribbean thoughts. Out of nowhere (and really out of left field from Pirates, but....) came this desire: how 'bout the cast of Atlantis doing this:

sigpic

Comment

K I thought I was the only one!!!! Speaking of which I am about to write a nice little TLC scene with Lizzie and John.....yummmm!
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

*cackles* Those are sooo good!

Hmm, I did a search and I couldn't find the last one on Wraithbait at all. If there was a different version there, it's gone now.

Comment

*cackles* Those are sooo good!

Hmm, I did a search and I couldn't find the last one on Wraithbait at all. If there was a different version there, it's gone now.
                                Found it! This is the sexual harrassment one (Just kidding, but it has plenty of rich material for the vixens to play with). Sorry, but there are a lot of aliens made 'em do it fics (not that I'm complaining, mind you )

Spoiler:
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4124670/1/Heat
                                Smut. M rating. Get a nice cold drink and turn the fan on prior to reading, hehehe
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X