Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More meme catch up...

Day the Sixteenth: Favorite season
    Season 1. They're completely cut off from Earth (without any sort of crutch like the communication stones in SGU), sitting ducks out in the open on Atlantis without enough power to put up the shield or fire up the stardrive to fly the city away from danger, with the noose of the Wraith closing in, potentially hostile native humans like the Genii ready to stab them in the back at every turn… It's desperation central, yet they're sticking it out and trying their damndest to stay alive in the face of what seems like a slow but certain doom. The fact that they're cut off also frees them to do things that they really should never have done (*cough*Hoffan virus*cough*), but knew they could get away with because no one from Earth was looking over their shoulders. Plus, they had Peter Grodin. Win!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

PETER GRODIN

I cry every time I watch his death!!! I loved him and his smexy accent. Well my solace is I am bringing him back in my crossover because of John's intervention in the past...........along with Anne being left with the nasty Oberoth instead of Liz....*laughs manically*

Again he works in our favor....not only does he take little ol' Anne outta the picture he brings Sparky back together......and there will be Sparky babies!!!!

Isn't fan fiction great!!!
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        PETER GRODIN

I cry every time I watch his death!!! I loved him and his smexy accent. Well my solace is I am bringing him back in my crossover because of John's intervention in the past...........along with Anne being left with the nasty Oberoth instead of Liz....*laughs manically*

Again he works in our favor....not only does he take little ol' Anne outta the picture he brings Sparky back together......and there will be Sparky babies!!!!

Isn't fan fiction great!!!
        Damn, does this mean we need to send Oberoth a silicon fruit basket, or a new oil can, or something?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And finally today's meme entry:

Day the Seventeenth: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
          Ronon - Don't get me wrong, I miss Ford's puppy-like eagerness and his infectious kid-grin, but Ronon... Well, he's Ronon! BAMF to the extreme and ready to rip a piece outta anyone who hurts his family. I still get shivers over how he reacted to Kolya's kidnapping plot in "Common Ground." Including how he got testy with Elizabeth because she wouldn't negotiate/send in the troops right away.

Weir - Hey, didn't I already say she was my favorite SGA character, ever? See Day the First for a refresher. Carter, sadly, was completely wasted on SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Damn, does this mean we need to send Oberoth a silicon fruit basket, or a new oil can, or something?
            Maybe we'll just give fic!Oberoth a high five and see we still hate you for breaking up Sparky on the show *snickers* I just realized in this fic Kolya and Oberoth totally reverse roles. Kolya breaks them up in the first story......and Oberoth happpens to bring them back together.....what are the odds of that?
            BALCONIES
            sigpic

Comment

I'm writing s kinky fic now it involves a tied up John while Elizabeth does her work muhahahaha
              Oh, that sounds very appealing
              Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
              My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                Just found a nice Shep vid. Long too, almost 11 minutes. Good quality, excellent music (Transformers score) and bonus points for Sparky moments towards the end.

http://vimeo.com/18770343
                That vid was amazing. I've seen some of her artwork also and she is a very talented lady.

More meme catch up...

Season 1. They're completely cut off from Earth (without any sort of crutch like the communication stones in SGU), sitting ducks out in the open on Atlantis without enough power to put up the shield or fire up the stardrive to fly the city away from danger, with the noose of the Wraith closing in, potentially hostile native humans like the Genii ready to stab them in the back at every turn… It's desperation central, yet they're sticking it out and trying their damndest to stay alive in the face of what seems like a slow but certain doom. The fact that they're cut off also frees them to do things that they really should never have done (*cough*Hoffan virus*cough*), but knew they could get away with because no one from Earth was looking over their shoulders. Plus, they had Peter Grodin. Win!
                I remember Gero saying on a commentary that they had S1 all planned out but just went by the seat of their pants in S2. It certainly showed. One wonders where they thought such a lack of planning would lead them.

Now I have a picture of Oberoth and the rest of the frozen Asurans in Lifeline all trying to say "oilcan oilcan" like the tinman in The Wizard of Oz. LOL

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
                Hello and welcome. I love it when our little lurkers come out to play. Please stick around and join the fun.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  While you people continue with the kinky stuff... I'm going away for the weekend. See you sunday!

And hopefully I'll return to regular programming...
                  I don't even need to know where you go on weekend getaways, I'm just jealous at the prospects from your exceptional location. Hope you have a lovely time.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Thanks. He is indeed but he gets to play with my precious too. Seriously, I want to be buried with my iPad. And iBooks totally rocks the world. You can get War and Peace for free! Not that I'm ever going to read it, mind you.
                  I wake up today another year older and think- I might want SR's bday present. I was curious to you and others who have them- if you use them for writing. I suppose there are external keyboards, but the thought of writing anything longer than a page just seems...unpleasant. Thoughts?

Catching up on the meme, because I have been a lazy Kitty again...

Day the Fifteenth: Least favorite pairing Fielder's Choice
                  Since the original topic has been deemed to be just too much of a powderkeg for this forum (with good reason!), I'm picking my own topic: What aspect of the show do you think may have been misunderstood?

Much has been made of how the Ancients were portrayed as flawed and arrogant on SGA compared to their seeming perfection on SG-1 and how the two portrayals seem to be at odds. I would argue that the Ancients' flaws and arrogance actually fit SGA rather well, thematically speaking. Let's go back to the original Atlantis myth. According to Plato, Atlantis fell because the Atlanteans were arrogant and ambitious, and overreached themselves with their efforts to conquer the world. Arrogant overconfidence when faced with the Wraith? Overreaching themselves with their efforts to achieve scientific dominance? Sure sounds like the Atlantean Ancients of SGA, doesn't it? Maybe the trend of taking the Ancients' reputation down a peg or two wasn't so far off the mark, after all.
                  I found the Ancients much as all other advanced civilizations encountered on Stargate (SG1) and give them bonus leeway points for arrogance because they were, after all the Gatebuilders. Kudos to you for doing this research, it is most interesting when we see the PTW actually did quite a bit of research (at one point anyway- I think it ended with SG1- hehehe). I was dissapointed however, that there was not more of a sense of - dare I say-familial obligation or even basic warmth or compassion? The Ancients from Atlantis, after all, fled to Earth and I was always suprised that they felt no sense of, well, much of anything towards their - is descendants the right word? *shrugs*

More meme catch up...

Season 1 is the most fun to play with in fanfic, much easier to let the characters romp around without the IOA and SGC looking over their shoulders. Peter, *sighs* , he was lovely, seemingly inside and out.

I have some leftover fruitcake from Christmas. It's probably moldy now. It'll do nicely.

Hello and welcome!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and HAPPY SPARKY DAY!!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    While you people continue with the kinky stuff... I'm going away for the weekend. See you sunday!

And hopefully I'll return to regular programming...
                    Have a good mini-vacay, and we'll see you when you get back! *waves*

Welcome, new member! Stick around a while and join the conversation!

I remember Gero saying on a commentary that they had S1 all planned out but just went by the seat of their pants in S2. It certainly showed. One wonders where they thought such a lack of planning would lead them.
                    *snerks* Nowhere good, that's for sure. Just look at Season 4.

Now I have a picture of Oberoth and the rest of the frozen Asurans in Lifeline all trying to say "oilcan oilcan" like the tinman in The Wizard of Oz. LOL
                    Hahahaha!

I wake up today another year older and think- I might want SR's bday present. I was curious to you and others who have them- if you use them for writing. I suppose there are external keyboards, but the thought of writing anything longer than a page just seems...unpleasant. Thoughts?
                    Is today your birthday? Happy Birthday, Zandra!

I found the Ancients much as all other advanced civilizations encountered on Stargate (SG1) and give them bonus leeway points for arrogance because they were, after all the Gatebuilders. Kudos to you for doing this research, it is most interesting when we see the PTW actually did quite a bit of research (at one point anyway- I think it ended with SG1- hehehe). I was dissapointed however, that there was not more of a sense of - dare I say-familial obligation or even basic warmth or compassion? The Ancients from Atlantis, after all, fled to Earth and I was always suprised that they felt no sense of, well, much of anything towards their - is descendants the right word? *shrugs*
                    I figured their lack of any regard for their "descendants" stems from that same arrogance. With the exception of a rare few (Janus, Athar), the Ancients consider themselves to be so far ahead of the "primitive" humans that they only notice them when the humans are standing in the way of something the Ancients want. Certainly the Asurans learned the same kind of arrogance and disregard for others from what their own creators did to them.

Season 1 is the most fun to play with in fanfic, much easier to let the characters romp around without the IOA and SGC looking over their shoulders. Peter, *sighs* , he was lovely, seemingly inside and out.
                    I gotta tell you, I can't wait until we get through Season 6 of Atlantis Rising. Season 7 is going to have all sorts of opportunities...

I have some leftover fruitcake from Christmas. It's probably moldy now. It'll do nicely.
                    Hah!

Comment

I don't even need to know where you go on weekend getaways, I'm just jealous at the prospects from your exceptional location. Hope you have a lovely time.

Why didn't we know it's your birthday? Usually we get notices. Don't keep that kind of thing a secret. You miss all kinds of surprises. Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I tried writing on the iPad. It's tricky but doable, especially if you text a lot and are comfortable with that. The keyboard is big enough to type the regular way but very sensitive and not being used to it, I made a lot of mistakes. I think with practice it would work very well. The downside is figuring out how to position it...on the lap, on a table...either way, I get a stiff neck. My favorite thing so far is the way you can sync your bookmarks and everything. All you need is a Mobile Me account. Oh, and there's a Kindle app, so we were able to transfer my husband's books from his Kindle to the iPad. OMG, I love technology.

And, OT, my husband's 87 year old aunt called this morning to wish me a belated Happy Birthday. She usually calls a day early but she's been ill. LOL Anyway, I was all gushy about the iPad. Turns out she didn't even know what that was. How to explain an iPad to an 87 year old technophobe.

Hello and welcome!
                      I always thought John had a good handle on the Ancients but was too polite to tell Elizabeth what he really thought of them. I loved his reaction at the double cross in The Return I.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Let there be Birthday Cake!

Spoiler:

Why didn't we know it's your birthday? Usually we get notices. Don't keep that kind of thing a secret. You miss all kinds of surprises. Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I tried writing on the iPad. It's tricky but doable, especially if you text a lot and are comfortable with that. The keyboard is big enough to type the regular way but very sensitive and not being used to it, I made a lot of mistakes. I think with practice it would work very well. The downside is figuring out how to position it...on the lap, on a table...either way, I get a stiff neck. My favorite thing so far is the way you can sync your bookmarks and everything. All you need is a Mobile Me account. Oh, and there's a Kindle app, so we were able to transfer my husband's books from his Kindle to the iPad. OMG, I love technology.

And, OT, my husband's 87 year old aunt called this morning to wish me a belated Happy Birthday. She usually calls a day early but she's been ill. LOL Anyway, I was all gushy about the iPad. Turns out she didn't even know what that was. How to explain an iPad to an 87 year old technophobe.
                        *giggles*

Darn, I really want an iPad now.

I always thought John had a good handle on the Ancients but was too polite to tell Elizabeth what he really thought of them. I loved his reaction at the double cross in The Return I.
                        *snerks*

: What if you were forced from your home by a war, only to return to find someone on your couch, eating your Cheetos, watching your TV?

Ah, John.

Comment

ILL SHARE MINE WITH YOU!!!

And one more thing

HAPPY BDAY ZANDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!! *HUGS*
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

Ha! Sounds like trying to explain the DVR to my granny As for the birthday, well, since I don't have a sparky mint jar in my near future...it's a little....blah.

Let there be Birthday Cake!

Spoiler:

*giggles*

*snerks*

: What if you were forced from your home by a war, only to return to find someone on your couch, eating your Cheetos, watching your TV?

Ah, John.
                            Well, well, well. Isn't that a dreamy thought...I would be quite thrilled to find Shep sitting on my couch. I'd share my cheetos and the remote! Plus, I'll even drive down the road and get us some of that red velvet cake!

ILL SHARE MINE WITH YOU!!!

And one more thing

HAPPY BDAY ZANDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!! *HUGS*
                            Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I seem intent on spending the day torturing myself with LJ- I'm trying to remember how it works. Figured it might be a good idea before the challenge deadline arrives and I can't remember how to do the LJ cut thingy- lol!

OT, kinda sorta:
                            Spoiler:
                            * And as a side note- any recs for finding a good beta? And I'm not hinting for you guys- your time is much better spent with Season 6 (and the mention of 7 just made me swoon SK!). I thought of posting the request on the LJ sparky thread but, I haven't really been that involved there and don't want to ruffle feathers. If you have any ideas just shoot me a PM.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys
                              I figured, since I'd stopped lurking I may as well indulge in my favourite ship.

Ah, happy birthday Zandra Hope you had a great day!
                              Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
                              My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys
                                I figured, since I'd stopped lurking I may as well indulge in my favourite ship.

Ah, happy birthday Zandra Hope you had a great day!
                                Welcome to our group I am The Lady the resident crazy cousin....everyone could tell you....welcome to the family have fun and endulge in the wonder that is SPARKY
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X