Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
    Alright sparkies, some Valentine's Day mush!

Spoiler:
    Words of Love

John Sheppard ran a frustrated hand through his hair as he waited for the transporter. Valentine’s Day was his least favorite holiday. Despite John’s love of candy, this particular day was a farce. He would always smirk when nobody could tell him the real significance of Valentine’s Day.

Elizabeth Weir poured herself some punch and sighed. Valentine’s Day was something she put on par with dentist appointments. You just go and get it over with and continue your day. She made the rounds talking to everyone and mingling. All the couples at the party were civilians, Elizabeth was glad General O’Neill agreed to let all the married personnel send a video message to their spouses.

“Hey Elizabeth,” Ronon greeted.

“Hi Ronon, how is your second Valentine’s Day on Atlantis?” Elizabeth smiled seeing Ronon uncomfortable.

“I still don’t get all the flowery stuff. I mean the things die in a few days. Not the best symbol for love,” Ronon grabbed a handful of candy.

“I never thought of it that way…” Elizabeth pondered Ronon’s simple yet poignant statement.

“The music is pretty cool,” Ronon said as he munched on some chocolate.

“Not my thing, but it’s keeping everyone entertained,” Elizabeth suppressed a laugh at Ronon’s Earth slang.

On the temporary stage the band had Radek Zelenka on drums, Dr. Carson Beckett playing an electric bass, Major Lorne on a Fender Stratocaster, and Lt. Laura Cadman playing keyboard and singing.

Go baby go go
    We’re right behind you
    Go baby go go
    Yeah we're looking at you

John entered the large dock just as the song ended. Not being big on large crowds, he looked for some familiar faces. By the snack table he saw Elizabeth and Ronon and decided to join them. On the way over he saw Ronon leave and Elizbaeht standing by herself.

“Alright everybody, let’s slow it down for minute. I’m gonna turn it over to the boys to handle the singing,” Laura turned to count off the band.

“Rodney, ask her to dance,” Jennifer Keller implored her boyfriend.

“Really? Doesn’t that seem odd?” McKay’s face contorted into confusion.

“No girl wants to be left alone during a slow song. Especially on Valentine’s Day,” Jennifer pointed out.

“Huh! That makes no sense,” McKay crossed his arms in defiance.

“Hey John,” Rodney saw John as he passed.

“Hey Rodney, hey Jennifer,” John smiled at his friends.

“Can you do me a favor and go dance with Elizabeth?” McKay asked bluntly.

“Uh…” was the only response John offer being taken aback at Rodney’s request.

“Colonel, she’s all alone during a slow song,” Keller added.

“I guess. What’s one little dance,” John smiled and went to ask Elizabeth to dance.

“Hi John,” Elizabeth greeted seeing John approach.

“Hey Elizabeth. Having fun?” John asked.

“Okay I guess, and you?” Elizabeth replied.

“Just got here. Shall we?” John extended his hand.

“Well,” Elizabeth thought it over for a moment, “why not.”

Hold me close
    And tell me how you feel
    Tell me love is real

John pulled Elizabeth close to him as Lorne and Zelenka harmonized on lyrics. Deep down he always wondered what Elizabeth would feel like in his arms. John had to admit, having her in his arms felt better than he thought.

Words of love
    You whisper soft and true
    Darling I love you

Elizabeth tensed at John holding her so close. She wouldn’t let someone she was not in a relationship with be this close, but a feeling of peace overtook Elizabeth. The scent of gunpowder and John’s aftershave flooded her senses. Elizabeth closed her eyes enjoying the aroma.

Let me hear you say
    The words I long to here
    Darling when you’re near

Elizabeth played through their relationship. They are friends without doubt. But she could sense something else under the surface. The banter and teasing. The smiles and looks. The looks always left Elizabeth wondering. She saw a pleading for something. Something she wanted to give, but never sure that is what was wanted.

Words of love
    Darling I love you

John fought the urge to let his head fall into Elizabeth’s curls. Just the faint scent of her shampoo played with his mind. If not for the crowd, John wondered if Elizabeth would even mind. Would she push him away? Do nothing? Or would she lay her head on his chest on whisper his name softly.

The song ended but John and Elizabeth held each other for a moment longer. When they parted their eyes met. Searching to see if the other felt the same connection during their brief interlude. A shared, faint smile confirmed what both wanted.

“Love birds, time to pick it up with some Spin Doctors,” Laura ended John and Elizabeth’s moment and moved the party ahead.

Cherry Lips

Words of Love (Beatles Cover) Sparky Valentine's treats if you can tell if it's John and Paul or John and George. I think it's the latter.
    Encore *hinthint*, Encore! That was not nearly enough dancing for mush....ha! Just kidding. That was great.

And as I struggle to lace my hiking boots....and find my shorts (yes in Feb!)...I hope everyone at least got the Valentine's present I did- insanely beautiful weather. This could be my sky today....

And a kiss for you:

Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 14 February 2011, 11:08 AM.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

So I am thinking of doing a parody fic of Phantom Of The Opera with Elizabeth as Christine, John as Raol and McKay as the Phantom would you guys read it?
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        So I am thinking of doing a parody fic of Phantom Of The Opera with Elizabeth as Christine, John as Raol and McKay as the Phantom would you guys read it?
        Something similar to that has been done. The Phantom of Atlantis. I started reading it but it went on so long I forgot about it.

I'm sure your fic would be interesting. Anything Sparky is good by us.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Happy Val Day, Sparky!

Click for larger
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            Encore *hinthint*, Encore! That was not nearly enough dancing for mush....ha! Just kidding. That was great.

And as I struggle to lace my hiking boots....and find my shorts (yes in Feb!)...I hope everyone at least got the Valentine's present I did- insanely beautiful weather. This could be my sky today....

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...valday2011.jpg
            That could be my sky today, too!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            Hahaha! That never fails to get me laughing! Especially with the way that Rachel and Paul are sitting just off to the side and cackling in glee.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Something similar to that has been done. The Phantom of Atlantis. I started reading it but it went on so long I forgot about it.

There's even a sequel series, Mystery of the Phantom, that's still in progress. I keep wondering how the author will handle S4-5?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
              Happy Val Day, Sparky!

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/r...ibi_sparky.jpg

Click for larger
              Wow! Hiya, es!, and thanks for the picture! It's beautiful!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Even if it is a humorous parody? And made mainly for humor.....nvm there's Sparky in it which matters!
                BALCONIES
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Wow! Hiya, es!, and thanks for the picture! It's beautiful!
                  Thank you for comment and for the green!

Happy Sparky Val Day everybody
                  "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                  "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Hello and thanks. Happy Sparky Valentine's Day.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    Even if it is a humorous parody? And made mainly for humor.....nvm there's Sparky in it which matters!
                    The more humorous the better. You can't get too cracky for us. Or at least nobody has so far.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The more humorous the better. You can't get too cracky for us. Or at least nobody has so far.
                      Okay good because it's basically John replacing the POTO characters with the SGA characters (except for Carlotta I'm having her be played Anne Boleyn who is paired with poor Ronon) in one of his tales based off movies stories. Hence why he replaces Raol with himself and Christine Daae with Liz. Oh McKay complains at one point that John casted him as the phantom rather than Kolya (who is Mousir Firmir) *snickers*
                      BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

Or in an AU where she's his boss and he's afraid of offending her he just does it because she makes him. After all, we know she frequently sexually harassed him and in fear of his job he never said anything. Because we all know what a spineless wimp John Sheppard is. Oh wait, that didn't happen.
                        Ok there's having shippy goggles and then there's just dismissing canon. I can't take anyone like that seriously. It's pretty funny, though... John as such a wimp! Comments that cracked me up are ones saying how horrible Elizabeth was to torture Kavanagh in Critical Mass, but somehow John and Ronon have zero fault in that whatsoever. Um, sure, ok. This is why I tend to retreat to safe happy places like this.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        Easy. The scene in lifeline where Elizabeth ran out of the jumper. That's one of those inevitable scenes that you knew had to happen because of all of the business carp that happened so there was no avoiding it, but when you're actually watching it you just wanna go DON'T FRELLING LEAVE THE JUMPER!
                        For me it's First Strike - GET AWAY FROM THE WINDOW!

Spoiler:
                        Words of Love

John Sheppard ran a frustrated hand through his hair as he waited for the transporter. Valentine’s Day was his least favorite holiday. Despite John’s love of candy, this particular day was a farce. He would always smirk when nobody could tell him the real significance of Valentine’s Day.

Elizabeth Weir poured herself some punch and sighed. Valentine’s Day was something she put on par with dentist appointments. You just go and get it over with and continue your day. She made the rounds talking to everyone and mingling. All the couples at the party were civilians, Elizabeth was glad General O’Neill agreed to let all the married personnel send a video message to their spouses.

“Hey Elizabeth,” Ronon greeted.

“Hi Ronon, how is your second Valentine’s Day on Atlantis?” Elizabeth smiled seeing Ronon uncomfortable.

“I still don’t get all the flowery stuff. I mean the things die in a few days. Not the best symbol for love,” Ronon grabbed a handful of candy.

“I never thought of it that way…” Elizabeth pondered Ronon’s simple yet poignant statement.

“The music is pretty cool,” Ronon said as he munched on some chocolate.

“Not my thing, but it’s keeping everyone entertained,” Elizabeth suppressed a laugh at Ronon’s Earth slang.

On the temporary stage the band had Radek Zelenka on drums, Dr. Carson Beckett playing an electric bass, Major Lorne on a Fender Stratocaster, and Lt. Laura Cadman playing keyboard and singing.

Go baby go go
                        We’re right behind you
                        Go baby go go
                        Yeah we're looking at you

John entered the large dock just as the song ended. Not being big on large crowds, he looked for some familiar faces. By the snack table he saw Elizabeth and Ronon and decided to join them. On the way over he saw Ronon leave and Elizbaeht standing by herself.

“Alright everybody, let’s slow it down for minute. I’m gonna turn it over to the boys to handle the singing,” Laura turned to count off the band.

“Rodney, ask her to dance,” Jennifer Keller implored her boyfriend.

“Really? Doesn’t that seem odd?” McKay’s face contorted into confusion.

“No girl wants to be left alone during a slow song. Especially on Valentine’s Day,” Jennifer pointed out.

“Huh! That makes no sense,” McKay crossed his arms in defiance.

“Hey John,” Rodney saw John as he passed.

“Hey Rodney, hey Jennifer,” John smiled at his friends.

“Can you do me a favor and go dance with Elizabeth?” McKay asked bluntly.

“Uh…” was the only response John offer being taken aback at Rodney’s request.

“Colonel, she’s all alone during a slow song,” Keller added.

“I guess. What’s one little dance,” John smiled and went to ask Elizabeth to dance.

“Hi John,” Elizabeth greeted seeing John approach.

“Hey Elizabeth. Having fun?” John asked.

“Okay I guess, and you?” Elizabeth replied.

“Just got here. Shall we?” John extended his hand.

“Well,” Elizabeth thought it over for a moment, “why not.”

Hold me close
                        And tell me how you feel
                        Tell me love is real

John pulled Elizabeth close to him as Lorne and Zelenka harmonized on lyrics. Deep down he always wondered what Elizabeth would feel like in his arms. John had to admit, having her in his arms felt better than he thought.

Words of love
                        Darling I love you

Elizabeth tensed at John holding her so close. She wouldn’t let someone she was not in a relationship with be this close, but a feeling of peace overtook Elizabeth. The scent of gunpowder and John’s aftershave flooded her senses. Elizabeth closed her eyes enjoying the aroma.

Let me hear you say
                        The words I long to here
                        Darling when you’re near

Elizabeth played through their relationship. They are friends without doubt. But she could sense something else under the surface. The banter and teasing. The smiles and looks. The looks always left Elizabeth wondering. She saw a pleading for something. Something she wanted to give, but never sure that is what was wanted.

Words of love
                        Darling I love you

John fought the urge to let his head fall into Elizabeth’s curls. Just the faint scent of her shampoo played with his mind. If not for the crowd, John wondered if Elizabeth would even mind. Would she push him away? Do nothing? Or would she lay her head on his chest on whisper his name softly.

The song ended but John and Elizabeth held each other for a moment longer. When they parted their eyes met. Searching to see if the other felt the same connection during their brief interlude. A shared, faint smile confirmed what both wanted.

“Love birds, time to pick it up with some Spin Doctors,” Laura ended John and Elizabeth’s moment and moved the party ahead.
                        That was great!! For some reason, the idea of Radek on the drums really amuses me.

Ooooh, that's so pretty!!

Some fic recs for V Day.
                        Accidental Disclosure by Elvinborn

Say It With a Bouquet by hr_musings

Enjoy the Moment by Quiet Jay

Comment

You know, I've occasionally toyed with the idea of doing a similar parody Stargate Atlantis story. Namely one that uses the original Transformers movie. There are several scenes from that movie that I've amused myself imagining directly inserted into SGA. There are even several events that play out sort of similarly.

But I wouldn't be able to make a coherent story, just several separate but amusing scenes. Plus I don't know how many people would get it, older Transformers fans and Elizabeth Weir fans aren't two groups that I'm aware overlap a great deal.

But to give you and idea of just what I was thinking about, check this out:

That joke in "Weir, Wow" thread about Woolsey and Weir dueling to the death over leadership of Atlantis got me thinking. As amusing as that idea is, "Transformers: The Movie" actually had a string of leadership changes not unlike like SGA did. The longtime leader of the Autobots was tragically killed (sort of) and replaced by one that didn't exactly work out, who was in turn replaced by one who fit the part better. And the original leader managed to somehow give their blessing too; kind of like how Elizabeth did in Ghost in the Machine.

So with that in mind, I found myself imagining the first 30 seconds of this video with say, Woolsey, Oberoth and Weir's voice.

Spoiler:

And with his new name being "Woolseyus Prime"
                          Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 14 February 2011, 01:04 PM.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

So the cast list to my parody has been made

The Phantom-Rodney McKay
                            Christine Daae-Elizabeth Weir (so we have our Sparky)
                            Raol/Narrorator-John Sheppard
                            Madame Giry-Teyla Emmagan
                            La Carlotta-Anne Boleyn
                            Ubaldo Piangi-Ronon Dex
                            Richard Firmir-Acastus Kolya
                            Giles Andre-Thomas More
                            Mr. Reyer-Carson Beckett
                            Meg Giry-Jennifer Keller
                            Mr. Levere-Ladon Radim
                            Joseph Buquet- Aiden Ford

Dear lord help me.....
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Ok there's having shippy goggles and then there's just dismissing canon. I can't take anyone like that seriously. It's pretty funny, though... John as such a wimp! Comments that cracked me up are ones saying how horrible Elizabeth was to torture Kavanagh in Critical Mass, but somehow John and Ronon have zero fault in that whatsoever. Um, sure, ok. This is why I tend to retreat to safe happy places like this.
                              You, me, and everyone else in here.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Some fic recs for V Day.
                              Accidental Disclosure by Elvinborn

Say It With a Bouquet by hr_musings

Enjoy the Moment by Quiet Jay
                              Yay, thank you for the fic recs, they're fabulous!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              You know, I've occasionally toyed with the idea of doing a similar parody Stargate Atlantis story. Namely one that uses the original Transformers movie. There are several scenes from that movie that I've amused myself imagining directly inserted into SGA. There are even several events that play out sort of similarly.

But I wouldn't be able to make a coherent story, just several separate but amusing scenes. Plus I don't know how many people would get it, older Transformers fans and Elizabeth Weir fans aren't two groups that I'm aware overlap a great deal.

But to give you and idea of just what I was thinking about, check this out:

That joke in "Weir, Wow" thread about Woolsey and Weir dueling to the death over leadership of Atlantis got me thinking. As amusing as that idea is, "Transformers: The Movie" actually had a string of leadership changes not unlike like SGA did. The longtime leader of the Autobots was tragically killed (sort of) and replaced by one that didn't exactly work out, who was in turn replaced by one who fit the part better. And the original leader managed to somehow give their blessing too; kind of like how Elizabeth did in Ghost in the Machine.

So with that in mind, I found myself imagining the first 30 seconds of this video with say, Woolsey, Oberoth and Weir's voice.

Spoiler:

And with his new name being "Woolseyus Prime"
                              OMG, you did not just say that! *dies laughing* That'd be hysterical!

Comment

Happy Val Day, Sparky!

Click for larger
                                Very nice!

Spoiler:
                                Words of Love

Cherry Lips

Words of Love (Beatles Cover) Sparky Valentine's treats if you can tell if it's John and Paul or John and George. I think it's the latter.
                                Great story, pkprd! Glad to see you around again.

Here is my contribution to the day's festivities!

Spoiler:
                                With text:

Without:

sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X