No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering I live in the land of chocolate - nobody ever looks up strange when I buy tons of it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      *snickers* We'll see what the day holds in store for me...

RAWR. I could stare at that all day long.
      I plan to. Mr. SR can fix his own dinner.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

Elizabeth: (laughs) Maybe we should watch the new Star Trek movie next, you know I really like the way Kirk handles that car.
      John: That's about enough of this crap.
      Elizabeth: Where are you going?
      John: I'm going to tell Ronon that Teyla said all those men are Wraith worshippers.
      Elizabeth: (sighs, alone in room). I suppose I'll have to ban Ronon from any upcoming trips to Earth.

Sorry SR, hope you don't mind, I had this irrestible compulsion......

And maybe I should clarify what I meant by off the grid- the weather is pretty frellin incredible here. Between work and play tomorrow (I hope to sneak in another hike) I'm already crossing my fingers we can manage to cook out too. There's nothing like firing up the grill in Feb.

My guy and I are happy with grilling out and enjoying a good beer, we don't take Valentines Day very seriously. I love to play with this holiday though. What other day of the year can you buy a ton of wine and chocolate and no one looks at you strangely? It's also the best day to go to scary stores like Walmart and Target and watch the animals devour the last minute gifts for their sweeties. That ain't love- and it sure ain't pretty. But it is one of the best days of the year to people watch- and laugh your butt off. Priceless.
      I love it.

I find the frantic search for the perfect Valentine's Day gift funny too. Around here we get a lot of guys selling roses on street corners. LOL

We don't stress over it either but we do buy each other cards and hide them all over the house. But after all these years, we're getting less creative.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm preparing a picspam of my favorite men (don't look so surprised) and women to counter act all the commercial stress on the whole "couple" thing... singles can have a Valentine too, you know! They just have to be a little more creative.

Might link it here, although I didn't include Joe F.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          So sorry for all those who hate V-Day. Here's a little present to make you feel better. If this doesn't do it for you, you'll have to come up with something on your own.
          Spoiler:

Oh. My. Wow. You know, if I ever start that Taste Test Challenge, this is going straight to the top of the Best of list! Yum.

And for FH- even though I'm still envious of the chocolate- just for you.
          Office romance
          Spoiler:

And for the rest of the sparky fans:

Ferris Wheel
          Spoiler:
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Considering I live in the land of chocolate - nobody ever looks up strange when I buy tons of it.
            Heh! Lucky!

Oh. My. Wow. You know, if I ever start that Taste Test Challenge, this is going straight to the top of the Best of list! Yum.

Office romance
            http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...iceromance.jpg

And for the rest of the sparky fans:

Ferris Wheel
            http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...erriswheel.jpg
            Ahahahah! They're both so cute, I loves 'em! That's awesome that JibJab had a ferris wheel one!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Here's a little preview of a piece I am working on....remember how I said Thomas More is Pro Sparky this little number proves it:

"But to stay on point...." Moore rambled on, "even with Everett here you are the leader of Atlantis. If we send you and god forbid it's a trap...we can't afford to lose you, at least if you send me, a person who has the same set of diplomatic skills as you we wont have to worry about your safety. Besides you remember last time you were in trouble Lady Elizabeth, your boyfriend thought you were dead and wiped out fifty five Genii soldiers as if he were the sweating sickness."

"Boyfriend, Doctor Moore?" *Elizabeth replied raising an eyebrow, "I hope you aren't talking about Major Sheppard.."

"Oh come on," Thomas said with a chuckle trying to alleviate the situation, "the two of you are like Katherine and I, no matter how much you deny it, it is way too obvious to the rest of the world you both want nothing more than literally devour each other in love's sweet embrace."**
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

Holy smokes you guys have been busy! Gotta try to catch up.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Everyone else has come up with great suggestions. Perhaps you could have John tease her about her strange taste in men - Lucius, Simon.....
                'Lizabeth, my hair is SO much better than those guys! Look how it sticks up in every direction!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Me too, now, although I've only seen up to the end of s3
                S4 of Supernatural was my favorite season. You've got lots to look forward to.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                This is so insanely stupid that I'm kind of embarrassed to mention it but the name Shwier kinda reminds me of this.
                OMG that was hilarious!

You'll do great! I got Intruder and am open to all *hints*
                Awesome picspam there, and lovely wallpaper! I gotta buy some creative genes from eBay or something, so I can contribute around here. Anyway, about Intruder... I wonder if Elizabeth went back to stay at the SGC after she and Simon broke up. And I assume that John stayed at the SGC too. It'd be nice to see him being sweet to her about it.

Well, I don't really remember the episode, but I know it involves Castiel. I don't really think Supernatural has any low points until oh, about S5. And have you seen this? OT folks, sorry.

Spoiler:
                That video is so hilarious! Supernatural has the best bloopers out of any show I've ever seen.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                SR never watched Supernatural, but that was *BEEP*in' hilarious. For the new people, I tend to write funny, lighthearted type stuff. Since I haven't written anything for a really long time and with "Turn off Y chromosome" Day tomorrow, would y'all sparky gals like a bit of mush?
                Yay! Mush is always fun!

I think I'm going to disappear for a day cause I may be the only one but I absolutely hate Valentine.
                Waves hand! I don't like it much either.

John: Wait...you think that Dean guy is hot, don't you?
                Elizabeth: Don't be ridiculous. I just like the show for the...ah...music. Yeah, that's it...the great music.
                John: $%$#@$^
                I don't know who is hotter: Jensen Ackles or JF. I wouldn't mind being in a room with both of them to try to figure it out, though.

So sorry for all those who hate V-Day. Here's a little present to make you feel better. If this doesn't do it for you, you'll have to come up with something on your own.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../heartshep.jpg
                Wow, very nice!!!

My guy and I are happy with grilling out and enjoying a good beer, we don't take Valentines Day very seriously. I love to play with this holiday though. What other day of the year can you buy a ton of wine and chocolate and no one looks at you strangely? It's also the best day to go to scary stores like Walmart and Target and watch the animals devour the last minute gifts for their sweeties. That ain't love- and it sure ain't pretty. But it is one of the best days of the year to people watch- and laugh your butt off. Priceless.
                I was just at the supermarket and saw a bunch of guys buying cheap looking bouquets of flowers. I thought about stopping them to say "really, this is the best you can do?"

I'm preparing a picspam of my favorite men (don't look so surprised) and women to counter act all the commercial stress on the whole "couple" thing... singles can have a Valentine too, you know! They just have to be a little more creative.

Might link it here, although I didn't include Joe F.
                Sweet!! Eye candy is always appreciated!

Comment

Office romance
                  http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...iceromance.jpg
                  I'm in chocolate heaven every day of the week...

And I tried to green you but it wouldn't let me - You TOTALLY rock!

Comment

well since tommrow is valentine's day im sure john will probably walking around atlantis thinking of elizabeth.

Comment

And now for something... sort of different. Catching up on the meme!

First, yesterday's entry.

Day the Twelfth: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
                      Rather than a single scene, my first viewing of the Season 4 opening credits truly pissed me off. You've all seen how the show handled the transition between Ford and Ronon in Season 2, right? The original Season 1 opening credits were used for "The Siege, Part 3," "The Intruder," and "Runner," then the show switched to the new opening credits with Jason Momoa starting with "Duet." Why the hell didn't they follow that precedent and do something similar when they transitioned from Weir to Carter at the beginning of Season 4? (and while we're at it, the same could be said for the Carter to Woolsey transition in Season 5) After the way that Torri was ousted from the show, it was just one more slap in the face, and it still infuriates me to this day.

Today's entry coming a little later...
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Rather than a single scene, my first viewing of the Season 4 opening credits truly pissed me off. You've all seen how the show handled the transition between Ford and Ronon in Season 2, right? The original Season 1 opening credits were used for "The Siege, Part 3," "The Intruder," and "Runner," then the show switched to the new opening credits with Jason Momoa starting with "Duet." Why the hell didn't they follow that precedent and do something similar when they transitioned from Weir to Carter at the beginning of Season 4? (and while we're at it, the same could be said for the Carter to Woolsey transition in Season 5) After the way that Torri was ousted from the show, it was just one more slap in the face, and it still infuriates me to this day.

i agree with you. they should've of done that. would've been easier i mean they could've used the season 2 and 3 credits for the first two episodes of season 4 since carter doesn't really take command until episode 3. as well as woolsey in season 5 use the season 4 credits for the first episode. so SK i see where your going with this.

Comment

For those interested in my Valentine eye-candy, I left the entry free for all to see, though I think I turned anynomous commenting off so if you don't have an LJ you won't be able to comment.

Comment

Grrrr. Since my recent bout of forgetfulness, I've been watching each epp since Intruder (for the LJ challenge). Just got to Conversion. Teleplay by MG. We get:
                            Caldwell: You two are pretty close aren't you? -yada, yada, yada, - And if you need anyone to talk to.....
                            Caldwell sees sparky!
                            Then- cut to John's quarters and Elizabeth is practicing her bedside manner. She asks if there is anyone she can call. He tells her to double the security detail. Then....she leaves-ahhhhhh. Kick.....to.......gut. Poor Shep sitting there with his back turned to the door obviously soooooo needing some love. *hugs*

Her support is always evident but.....MG wrote the recognition of Sparky for Caldwell but held back on us in so many ways. Grrrrrr. Anti-cupid.

I need to find Eri's recap of this epp. Off to find fluff (wasn't I offered some mush earlier........?) to cheer me up.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Gero actually makes a reference to it on the Adrift commentary - that it gives away the plot of the first 2 episodes. He said his father called him out on it. Gero said he fought about the credits but no one else seemed to care. Then they gave the whole crap about "we were going to get rid of Torri anyway" and it just "happened" that Carter was available. I need a good rolling eyes icon for that one. Of course my anger at listening to that commentary only went through the roof at hearing AT doing the commentary on Lifeline. Really, AT, you thought that would be a good idea?? Not rubbing salt in the wound at all, dear?

And it amazes me that they really thought Torri would jump at the chance to come back for one episode in Season 5. At my job, we've had people who've been laid off come back as "consultants" for very short periods. Let me tell you, it is awkward as hell for all involved. And that's not people who had 6 year contracts in place to begin with.

Wow, got my bitterness out here. Sorry!

Comment

Grrrr. Since my recent bout of forgetfulness, I've been watching each epp since Intruder (for the LJ challenge). Just got to Conversion. Teleplay by MG. We get:
                                Caldwell: You two are pretty close aren't you? -yada, yada, yada, - And if you need anyone to talk to.....
                                Caldwell sees sparky!
                                Then- cut to John's quarters and Elizabeth is practicing her bedside manner. She asks if there is anyone she can call. He tells her to double the security detail. Then....she leaves-ahhhhhh. Kick.....to.......gut. Poor Shep sitting there with his back turned to the door obviously soooooo needing some love. *hugs*

Her support is always evident but.....MG wrote the recognition of Sparky for Caldwell but held back on us in so many ways. Grrrrrr. Anti-cupid.

I need to find Eri's recap of this epp. Off to find fluff (wasn't I offered some mush earlier........?) to cheer me up.
                                That's why we nicknamed him the unintentional fool. Wasn't that it? something like that!

Comment

Working...
                                X