Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meme time!

Day the Eighth: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
    "Echoes." It's one of those episodes that showcases the awesomeness of Atlantis's ensemble cast, and it's got everything one could ask for in a great episode. An exciting story with a little action, comedy (lots of it), quite a bit of shippiness for many ships (Sparky faint and carry scene For The Win!), and even fun alien creatures! Good times for all!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Meme time!

"Echoes." It's one of those episodes that showcases the awesomeness of Atlantis's ensemble cast, and it's got everything one could ask for in a great episode. An exciting story with a little action, comedy (lots of it), quite a bit of shippiness for many ships (Sparky faint and carry scene For The Win!), and even fun alien creatures! Good times for all!
      Help! I think I missed days 4, 5, 6 & 7...can you tell me what they were? *bats eyez*
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Help! I think I missed days 4, 5, 6 & 7...can you tell me what they were? *bats eyez*
        Ooops!

Spoiler:
        Day 4: A character you wish Kolya would kill
        Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships
        Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
        Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          As a present to myself, for my 800th POST, Chapter 11 of "Everybody's Fine" is finally posted!!!

*squees and runs out to watch Netflix*
          Woo Hoo to 800 posts! And ::squee:: about new fic
          Spoiler:
          You're actually making me enjoy the plot of EatG. So major props to you!!

Time to catch up on the meme!

Day the Sixth: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
          "Echoes" - The scene where Sheppard and McKay are in the infirmary after they got their eardrums burst, and Sheppard's mocking everything Canadian he can think of because he knows McKay can't hear him. Priceless!

Day the Seventh - A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
          The final scene of "Ghost in the Machine," where FRANibeth leads the rest of the Asurans through the gate to get spaced. I firmly believe that FRANibeth is NOT the original Elizabeth, but just a copy. Even so, that moment where she looks back and the absolutely gutted expression on John's face breaks my heart.
          "Zelenka is smarter than you are!"

And the GitM scene - that's the same one I picked. I also think she was a copy, but still a copy with Elizabeth's memories, so... very painful for both of them. I liked how you dealt with the group of them in your Big Bang fic. I've read a few other fics where it was real Elizabeth, and she ascends. That whole "machines can't ascend" thing seemed really wrong somehow, to me. Humans are machines too, in a way.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Can't say I didn't notice it, but I figured it must be your initials or something. Besides we have in the past had multi-shippers here. We never have a problem with other shippers until they start dissing Sparky right to our faces. You're one of us so your name doesn't matter.
          Good!! I am SO embarrassed about it! It's just based on my initials (I wasn't feeling very creative that day, or most days - why I don't write fic). I'll keep the name, as long as you all know that I think John belongs with Elizabeth, period.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Hi Pkprd! Good to see you--and a question: are you still on as a writer for SS6? It's slow going, but we're still working on it!

Ooo, recaps! I had such fun doing those. I'm afraid I never did Vegas--I didn't get that far, I stopped right after Lifeline (I might have done a mini-cap of S4 between TMC and LL, but I don't think I actually did TMC).

Anuna, however, did a good recap of it if I remember correctly.
          Cool! Now I'm on a mission to find all the others! You are a very brave and patient soul to have written up Irresponsible. You deserve some kind of medal for that!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Congrats to SW for the 800th post, I'm working through Everyone's Fine here and smiling happily as I do so.

I've been poking through some old interviews to distract me on my way to short lunch break and thought I'd share these. They made me smile

Go Rising!

This one made me giggle...and wish it was happy hour!

What a minute- SK did you say smut? *runs to look*
          Fun!! Thanks!

Meme time!

That's in my top 5. Lizzie and John both being smart, and Lizzie carrying for the win!! I think Torri was thinking "ok Joe's gonna drop me so I'd better hang on!". Oh yeah, in the commentary one of the guys says about that scene "it's like An Officer and a Gentleman"! Hahahahaa!

Oh, and to once again prove my Sparky-ness, I come to you with a fic rec. "Midnight Madness" by "Mama Jo". It's short, fluffy, and funny. Shoot, is it smut day? Ok I'll find some smut to rec.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            And I have to hang my head in shame... I just now saw that sometimes "JT" is used for John/Teyla ship. Oopsie! I certainly didn't mean that when I chose this username. As John would say "crap!" JT is just my nickname in real life. ::headdesk::
            No shame - it just caused some in my case. Actually, no... I have to admit I thought it was funny that a JT-er was a Sparky shipper first. Definitely an odd way of showing it.

I admit, I did a bit of a double-take when you first joined the thread, but I'd say it's pretty obvious your loyalties lie with Sparky.
            Second that.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            It's probably acceptable in a text, but it isn't correct. Mind you, I had to adjust my phone's dictionary the other day - it didn't know how to spell bare, but could spell that word that women hate.
            Can opened, though I'm rather inclined to believe a native speaker over a Dutch English teacher. Thanks.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Besides we have in the past had multi-shippers here.
            Not have had... have *points at self*
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think the beauty of SGA is that you have so many characters you can basically make any shipping combination you want, McShep, McWeir, Ronon/Teyla, Ronon/Keller, John/Teyla, Teyla/Kate Heightmeyer.....

and I swear on my great grandmother's grave.... no joke....I've even seen McKay/Kolya fics.....and no you don't need glasses.

And the beauty of these ships (and I was going to write OTP but last time I confused the hell out of everyone) as that for every shipper, theres thousands of other Shippers who love the same pairing as you....hence this lovely thread

Which is why it is always great to have a place where you can sit back have a cup of coffee and squee at the obvious signs they are together *cough**cough*The Hug*cough*
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                No shame - it just caused some in my case. Actually, no... I have to admit I thought it was funny that a JT-er was a Sparky shipper first. Definitely an odd way of showing it.

Not have had... have *points at self*
                Well, maybe it'll confuse some others to see "most recent post" by "JT" in the Sparky thread or the Elizabeth thread.

I am a multi-shipper for other couples. Like Teyla I think is great with Carson or Kate or Ronon. I think there was great chemistry between her and all three of them. And I'll sometimes read Elizabeth/other fic, but not John/other. Apparently I'm very protective of John for Elizabeth's sake

Comment

Well, maybe it'll confuse some others to see "most recent post" by "JT" in the Sparky thread or the Elizabeth thread.

I am a multi-shipper for other couples. Like Teyla I think is great with Carson or Kate or Ronon. I think there was great chemistry between her and all three of them. And I'll sometimes read Elizabeth/other fic, but not John/other. Apparently I'm very protective of John for Elizabeth's sake
                  YAY Another Teyla/Ronon Shipper!

Actually I have a crossover ship that will send me into the Murky Depths of hell...McKay/Thomas More.....don't know why the two men have great chemistry together and it's hard for me to get the evil plot bunnies away.
                  BALCONIES
                  sigpic

Comment

Like Teyla I think is great with Carson or Kate or Ronon. I think there was great chemistry between her and all three of them.
                    Teyla/Kate - Teyla/Kate - Teyla/Kate - Teyla/Kate ... SQUEE!!! *bounces*

Comment

*drops in at lightning speed*

Thanks for all the 800 post congrats, and for reading the new chapter!!! ODAD is almost finished, and OnTheOtherSide Ch 4 should be coming along soon ... have a good night!!!

*zips out*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Teyla/Kate - Teyla/Kate - Teyla/Kate - Teyla/Kate ... SQUEE!!! *bounces*
                        Lol! They were at their most shippy in Doppelganger (I mean, Kate's screaming out for Teyla was shades of John doing that for Elizabeth in Lifeline).

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                        I think the beauty of SGA is that you have so many characters you can basically make any shipping combination you want, McShep, McWeir, Ronon/Teyla, Ronon/Keller, John/Teyla, Teyla/Kate Heightmeyer.....

and I swear on my great grandmother's grave.... no joke....I've even seen McKay/Kolya fics.....and no you don't need glasses.

And the beauty of these ships (and I was going to write OTP but last time I confused the hell out of everyone) as that for every shipper, theres thousands of other Shippers who love the same pairing as you....hence this lovely thread

Which is why it is always great to have a place where you can sit back have a cup of coffee and squee at the obvious signs they are together *cough**cough*The Hug*cough*
                        I saw a John/Kavanagh fic in the SGA Newsletter today. That made me It made John

But yeah, Teyla and Ronon had a great chemistry that later turned to more sibling like. However, I can not EVER imagine either of my brothers being quite that sweet and touchy-feely like Ronon was in Echoes.

And, well, I think it was Carson that Teyla was talking about in Sunday. It fits the theme of the episode. She's the only character that we didn't see turning Carson down and missing that last opportunity to be with him. So Teyla's crush on Carson is what she didn't get that last opportunity for.

Comment

Lol! They were at their most shippy in Doppelganger (I mean, Kate's screaming out for Teyla was shades of John doing that for Elizabeth in Lifeline).
                          Hence why I both hate and love that episode.

I saw a John/Kavanagh fic in the SGA Newsletter today. That made me It made John
                          I wrote McKay/Kavanagh once... *shrug*

But yeah, Teyla and Ronon had a great chemistry that later turned to more sibling like. However, I can not EVER imagine either of my brothers being quite that sweet and touchy-feely like Ronon was in Echoes.
                          Second that.

And, well, I think it was Carson that Teyla was talking about in Sunday. It fits the theme of the episode. She's the only character that we didn't see turning Carson down and missing that last opportunity to be with him. So Teyla's crush on Carson is what she didn't get that last opportunity for.
                          And I wrote Carson/Teyla once too.

Comment

Belated congratulations to ShipperWriter for hitting the 800 post mark! I was so excited to see new fic that I completely missed that. I iz bad!

Aaaah, good times! Back when life was carefree and Torri was still on the show. Don't worry, Joe, we're gonna fix everything!

Speaking of Torri, she's going to be appearing at Wizard World's Anaheim Comic Con on April 29 - May 1. And I was already planning to go, too!

LOL! It's a theme day. Though we haven't always been sticking to theme...
                            You're killing me, I need to seriously move to LA. And how does this theme thing work? Does every day have one?

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            Hey what page was that breakdown on anyway?
                            Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            Hello pkprd!!!!!!! It's good to see you here, homie. Hope you're fine.

SW: Congratulations!!!!

This thread is always too fast for me. Time to read what I missed.
                            Too fast- great for the thread and tough when you try to find things. I looked for the SGU recap when I was looking for all the yummy icons someone posted earlier. 30 minutes later- no luck on either.

Hi sparkyliciois friends sitting here eatin some sushi hope all is wonderful and sparkily. Anyway For the Sparky writers who like to write Fan fiction, would anyone be up to having Sparky fan fic challenges over here you know maybe for fun....
                            It is sadly too easy to hook me- just tell me what to do

Spoiler:

Oh, and to once again prove my Sparky-ness, I come to you with a fic rec. "Midnight Madness" by "Mama Jo". It's short, fluffy, and funny. Shoot, is it smut day? Ok I'll find some smut to rec.
                            Nice fic, thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            *drops in at lightning speed*

Thanks for all the 800 post congrats, and for reading the new chapter!!! ODAD is almost finished, and OnTheOtherSide Ch 4 should be coming along soon ... have a good night!!!

*zips out*
                            Stop making me so dizzy! I am enjoying Everyone's Fine, I was very suprised at chapter one- nicely done.

And...since it's smutty tuesday. I offer a backup to Sparky's resturant of choice. Just saw on Man vs. Food a sandwich called the Menage a Trois and all the sammies at Ike's are coated in dirty sauce....hehehe..(wait- now that I typed it that sounds really gross).....But maybe the most Sparky like sammie would be the We're Just Friends. Uh huh. Whatever

sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Ugh I saw those, I was like......O.O. Again I would perferr the McKay/Kolya fics where they got touchy feeling romantic with each other.

Oh Speaking of Kolya....I read Kolya/John fics too.....you know its one them pairings that is so distrubing you cannot look away!
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Ugh I saw those, I was like......O.O. Again I would perferr the McKay/Kolya fics where they got touchy feeling romantic with each other.

Oh Speaking of Kolya....I read Kolya/John fics too.....you know its one them pairings that is so distrubing you cannot look away!
                                Ok you have disturbed me greatly I did read the John/Kavanagh fic and it bothered me that they bonded over how Elizabeth makes wrong decisions. Um, what?? Yeah, train wreck, couldn't look away. I'm very curious about the book writers in that same way.

I have a smutty fic rec for everyone. "Bittersweet Symphony"by ed_84. It's an NC-17 fic that's a Return AU. To me this is clearly what would have happened if they hadn't returned to Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X