Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life
    Spoiler:
    So I found out that a good friend of mine (who is a girl) is coming home in may on leave and i cant wait to see her. its been three years since i last saw her and i have missed her everyday. its hard to explain but i think im still in love with her. i don't think i ever stopped after we stopped talking back in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Well, there's a simple solution. Since you are the author and in complete control of your depressing Sparky fic. Just choose to make it less depressing and keep them together as they are intended to be. Easy peasy.
      But then I cant explore my couple of Anne Boleyn/Sheppard. But there will be Sparky quips in there....and I have happier Sparky fics in the work.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        But then I cant explore my couple of Anne Boleyn/Sheppard. But there will be Sparky quips in there....and I have happier Sparky fics in the work.
        Why not have the best of both worlds? Leave Anne and John together for a while, then have John and Elizabeth get a clue and get back together. And, of course, Henry goes on to chop off Anne's head, so history is preserved. Muahahahah!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Why not have the best of both worlds? Leave Anne and John together for a while, then have John and Elizabeth get a clue and get back together. And, of course, Henry goes on to chop off Anne's head, so history is preserved. Muahahahah!
          Well....Sheppard kinda prevents that....and Henry makes a deal with the devil Kolya and gets himself killed....but......I am still somewhat debating a love triangle.....cause I know John will never stop loving Liz (there will be a lot of signs in the story IE the part where he turns back to aid an injured Liz) no matter how much in love he thinks is with Anne....but I feel as though it will be OOC of John and ESPECIALLY Elizabeth because I am pairing her with a certain Canadian Scientist *runs*
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

That sounds less and less Sparky by the second. I don't think I'm gonna be reading it.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That sounds less and less Sparky by the second. I don't think I'm gonna be reading it.
              I didn't expect you would anyway and I am not at all offended you cant like them all! And besides I think you would be more interested in my other fic in which John Gets Whumped and Elizabeth gives him a little TLC at one point she gives him a bath
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

That was the idea. LOL

Well....Sheppard kinda prevents that....and Henry makes a deal with the devil Kolya and gets himself killed....but......I am still somewhat debating a love triangle.....cause I know John will never stop loving Liz (there will be a lot of signs in the story IE the part where he turns back to aid an injured Liz) no matter how much in love he thinks is with Anne....but I feel as though it will be OOC of John and ESPECIALLY Elizabeth because I am pairing her with a certain Canadian Scientist *runs*
                The thing that is OOC of John is to be in love with Anne. Just sayin'.

I'm glad you are writing other Sparky fic. I'm not sure who your target audience is with this one.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I didn't expect you would anyway and I am not at all offended you cant like them all! And besides I think you would be more interested in my other fic in which John Gets Whumped and Elizabeth gives him a little TLC at one point she gives him a bath
                  Now that sounds like a fic you ought to be promoting more here.

The thing that is OOC of John is to be in love with Anne. Just sayin'.
                  Word.

I'm glad you are writing other Sparky fic. I'm not sure who your target audience is with this one.
                  Gotta agree with that. I keep wondering why the crossover fic keeps getting promoted here when John and Elizabeth are not going to be together in it. It's not really a Sparky fic, so...

Comment

Word.

Gotta agree with that. I keep wondering why the crossover fic keeps getting promoted here when John and Elizabeth are not going to be together in it. It's not really a Sparky fic, so...
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm having a problem with this - for starters, why is John in love with Anne in the first place? What is it that draws him to her? Just her physical beauty, or something else? If he knows this is Anne Boleyn, doesn't he know history, and that he shouldn't mess it up, aka change it? I mean, what happened to Anne and henry determined other things that happened, which in turn caused other things to happen, etc etc. I think John is smart enough to be well aware of this.

Also, i personally can't imagine neither John or Elizabeth being involved in any kind of love triangle. Sorry, but they just don't seem the type of characters who would let jealousy, petty feelings and misery take over them.

Other than that, have you checked if there is a Tudors thread on this forum? Maybe a fic like this would be more appropriate over there. Perhaps there is a way to start John/Anne thread somewhere? (although I'm not sure if mods would approve of that). We're glad that you're feeling inspired by not one but two shows, but we are kind of interested in Sparky - approving stuff. We like happy ending stories in particular! Not to tell you what you should be writing, but that's what we're mostly interested in.

Also, you might wanna ask someone to beta read your fics before you post them. It's useful for number of reasons, including good characterization.
                      Last edited by Anuna; 31 January 2011, 08:16 AM. Reason: typo
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Word.

Yes, same here. Like I said a moment before, we're after Sparky - fics.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          I'm having a problem with this - anmeply, why is John in love with Anne in the first place? What is it that draws him to her? Just her physical beauty, or something else? If he knows this is Anne Boleyn, doesn't he know history, and that he shouldn't mess it up, aka change it? I mean, what happened to Anne and henry determined other things that happened, which in turn caused other things to happen, etc etc. I think John is smart enough to be well aware of this.
                          True. Team Atlantis has had their own encounters with history/timeline-altering events before (not to mention reading all of SG-1's reports about similar circumstances), so they all know just how dangerous such a situation can be.

Also, i personally can't imagine neither John or Elizabeth being involved in any kind of love triangle. Sorry, but they just don't seem the type of characters who would let jealousy, petty feelings and misery take over them.
                          Also true. Everyone seems to be so wildly out of character that it feels like they're no longer the characters we all know and love. We're interested in fics where they are in character (and like Anuna said, getting happy endings!) here.

Other than that, have you checked if there is a Tudors thread on this forum? Maybe a fic like this would be more appropriate over there. Perhaps there is a way to start John/Anne thread somewhere? (although I'm not sure if mods would approve of that). We're glad that you're feeling inspired by not one but two shows, but we are kind of interested in Sparky - approving stuff. We like happy ending stories in particular! Not to tell you what you should be writing, but that's what we're mostly interested in.

Also, you might wanna ask someone to beta read your fics before you post them. It's useful for number of reasons, including good characterization.
                          Have to agree there. Since it's not really a Sparky fic, this isn't the best place for it. A Tudors thread or at least a general fanfic thread would be a better place to get the feedback you're looking for to improve the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            Life
                            Spoiler:
                            So I found out that a good friend of mine (who is a girl) is coming home in may on leave and i cant wait to see her. its been three years since i last saw her and i have missed her everyday. its hard to explain but i think im still in love with her. i don't think i ever stopped after we stopped talking back in 2008.
                            My advice, which you may ignore if you like...

Spoiler:
                            Tell her how you feel and get reacquainted. Who knows what comes next?

True. Team Atlantis has had their own encounters with history/timeline-altering events before (not to mention reading all of SG-1's reports about similar circumstances), so they all know just how dangerous such a situation can be.
                            Carter even afraid to move in case she'd step on a bug and change history that way. Always struck me as hilarious.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'd say we need some actual Sparky for the Sparky thread. Who's with me?

Anybody know what day I'm on in the meme?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Carter even afraid to move in case she'd step on a bug and change history that way. Always struck me as hilarious.
                                *cracks up*

Comment

Working...
                                X