Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Here's a question to ponder (for a fandom-related project): What colors do you associate with each of the SGA characters? Both in terms of their personality, and what actually looks good on them?

Red (and pink) for Elizabeth, black for John, and blue for Rodney are pretty obvious, and I'm unable to get away from purple for Teyla after she wore the same purple top all throughout Season 1 (plus her sparring outfit with the swirly skirts had purple in it as well). But what about the others? One could just continue to go with the predominant color in their uniforms, which would give yellow to Carson and Jennifer (which I don't mind all that much, as I see them as both having rather sunny personalities), green to Chuck, and more blue to Radek. Black for Lorne? I almost see him as more of a navy blue, myself, and the same goes for Caldwell. Maybe gray for Ford? What about Ronon? Brown, ivory or gray? And Woolsey? Haven't got a clue for him.

What do all of you think?
    Definitely blue for Radek. Lorne I see as army green. Caldwell navy blue (that sweater he sometimes wore). Black for Ford and brown for Ronon, Woolsey I'd also say navy blue.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
      I'll go with the change in show runners from Season 3 to Season 4. All the bad things may not have been ALL their fault, but I do think they screwed up most things. I recently completed my DVD collection, and there's a whole thing on the Season 4 discs about Carter and how wonderful she is. Why did I watch it... I only made myself angry.
      If only I had a magical tool that would turn back time- I would lend it to you!
      (I know the quote is slow down time, but it just always works better for me this way )

Here's a question to ponder (for a fandom-related project): What colors do you associate with each of the SGA characters? Both in terms of their personality, and what actually looks good on them?

Spoiler:
      Red (and pink) for Elizabeth, black for John, and blue for Rodney are pretty obvious, and I'm unable to get away from purple for Teyla after she wore the same purple top all throughout Season 1 (plus her sparring outfit with the swirly skirts had purple in it as well). But what about the others? One could just continue to go with the predominant color in their uniforms, which would give yellow to Carson and Jennifer (which I don't mind all that much, as I see them as both having rather sunny personalities), green to Chuck, and more blue to Radek. Black for Lorne? I almost see him as more of a navy blue, myself, and the same goes for Caldwell. Maybe gray for Ford? What about Ronon? Brown, ivory or gray? And Woolsey? Haven't got a clue for him.

What do all of you think?
      Well, I think I'm very intrigued about what you're working on I agree with all you seem to have already decided. For the rest: I'd vote army green for Caldwell; I like the idea of navy for Lorne, but he seemed to always wear a uniform like Shep's; Ronon I like brown (very earthy); Ford, def gray; and Woolsey- he wore a lot of navy and black suits before he donned the grey/red uniform.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

You know what I noticed, The Episode Common Ground (a John Episode) is right after the Episode The Real World (a Elizabeth Episode) in each of the episodes John and Elizabeth find themselves in trouble in some way. Except I am starting to see why also Elizabeth was very remorseful with what happened to John....

In the episode before (which I am assuming in the SGA timeline happened weeks after one another) John risked his life (from being attacked by Nanites) to save Elizabeth from her deadly dellusion, yet when Elizabeth has a chance to repay him she lets him down.

Excuse my random rambling, I thought I would share my Ephinany with you all
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
          You know what I noticed, The Episode Common Ground (a John Episode) is right after the Episode The Real World (a Elizabeth Episode) in each of the episodes John and Elizabeth find themselves in trouble in some way. Except I am starting to see why also Elizabeth was very remorseful with what happened to John....

In the episode before (which I am assuming in the SGA timeline happened weeks after one another) John risked his life (from being attacked by Nanites) to save Elizabeth from her deadly dellusion, yet when Elizabeth has a chance to repay him she lets him down.

Yikes! I think you just done went and opened up a can of worms with that one. In my humble opinion, I believe she did exactly what John wanted and in doing so gave him a great gift- she respected what he wanted over what she would have done in a heartbeat if she didn't wasn't in the position she was (expedition leader, don't negotiate with terrorists, yada, yada, yada). You could easily see how badly it hurt her.

*runs and hides*
          Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 27 January 2011, 05:31 PM. Reason: Too many brownies
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            Yikes! I think you just done went and opened up a can of worms with that one. I believe she did exactly what John wanted and in doing so gave him a great gift- she respected what he wanted over what she would have done in a heartbeat if she didn't wasn't in the position she was (expedition leader, don't negotiate with terrorists, yada, yada, yada). You could easily see how badly it hurt her.

*runs and hides*
            Hopefully not in a bad way....

But you prove a point. She did respect John's orders but it still leaves room for Elizabeth to regret the fact she let him suffer the way he did after all the times John did everything in his power to protect Elizabeth. If you get what I am saying.
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

But you prove a point. She did respect John's orders but it still leaves room for Elizabeth to regret the fact she let him suffer the way he did after all the times John did everything in his power to protect Elizabeth. If you get what I am saying.
              Ohhhhhhhhh *dough* I'm with you now...
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                7-8 parts! Awesome! Ronon would be a great addition. He could be from the faraway land of Sateda which was just attacked by the Wraith. And he could hook up with Teyla to kick Wraith ass.
                Oh damn, wouldn't that be fun? And live in fear, the fourth and final segment of "The Politics of Marriage" is online!
                Spoiler:
                Back to Atalan, where wedding plans are underway, and Elizabeth poses an important question to the College of Lords.
                Now begins the wait for the next fic!

I'll go with the change in show runners from Season 3 to Season 4. All the bad things may not have been ALL their fault, but I do think they screwed up most things. I recently completed my DVD collection, and there's a whole thing on the Season 4 discs about Carter and how wonderful she is. Why did I watch it... I only made myself angry.
                I am so very glad I never bought Season 4 (or 5). And I won't until they release a complete series set on Blu-Ray.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Boy do I agree with that. And it wasn't even the real Carter but some paler imitation of Elizabeth. Failwritersfail.
                I know! Bad enough that they threw Elizabeth under the bus in such an atrocious manner, but then they threw Carter under the bus with equally bad writing. Ugh, what a waste of two great characters!

Thank you!

Spoiler:
                http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...ittlesilly.jpg
                I was feeling a little silly for not having figured it out already!
                Ahahahah! I love that scene!

And....here comes the ugly. This is what happens when sparky fans get bored and are pointing water pistols at those pesky plot bunnies (they are a little scary!)

Mad Libs- I had no idea there were so many online sites with these things. I may never be productive again!

Spoiler:
                This one was titled The Love Letter
                Dear Elizabeth,
                It has come to my eyes that you are the hottest girl/boy in the body. My neck starts kissing a mouth every time you speak. I would like to grope if you want to go to the harvest festival with me next Friday. If you talk please meet me at the balcony in night. I walk you and everything about you.

slowly,
                John

I'm sad....I know
                OMG! That's hysterical!

Hmm, what site did you use? Maybe we should make a game out of making Sparky Mad Libs...

I'd say brown for Ronon because he is such an earthy character. Lorne has to be black like John because I see him as a backup John. Caldwell I don't really have a good grasp of. He's military but not in the sense of John and Lorne. Maybe that green color of his jumpsuit. Ford I see also as black for the military or Marine green. Woolsey is the navy blue one for the suits I think.
                Definitely blue for Radek. Lorne I see as army green. Caldwell navy blue (that sweater he sometimes wore). Black for Ford and brown for Ronon, Woolsey I'd also say navy blue.
                Well, I think I'm very intrigued about what you're working on I agree with all you seem to have already decided. For the rest: I'd vote army green for Caldwell; I like the idea of navy for Lorne, but he seemed to always wear a uniform like Shep's; Ronon I like brown (very earthy); Ford, def gray; and Woolsey- he wore a lot of navy and black suits before he donned the grey/red uniform.
                *copies and pastes everyone's responses into a seekrit file of epic planning* Many thanks, everyone! Your responses will be very useful, methinks. Anyone who hasn't weighed in yet, keep those answers coming!

Yikes! I think you just done went and opened up a can of worms with that one. In my humble opinion, I believe she did exactly what John wanted and in doing so gave him a great gift- she respected what he wanted over what she would have done in a heartbeat if she didn't wasn't in the position she was (expedition leader, don't negotiate with terrorists, yada, yada, yada). You could easily see how badly it hurt her.

*runs and hides*
                Actually, I have to agree with this. And we find Elizabeth's actions in CG paralleled by John's actions in "Adrift" and "Lifeline." He flat out tells Rodney in "Adrift" that turning the nanites back on is not what Elizabeth would have wanted, and he respects her wishes in "Lifeline" by obeying her order to leave her behind and get the hell off Asuras and back to Atlantis with the ZPM to save the rest of their people.

Indeed. And going back to the point I made earlier about that parallel to "Adrift"/"Lifeline," we saw throughout Seasons 4 and 5 how John continued to be haunted by the decision to leave Elizabeth behind on Asuras.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

OMG! Torri Higginson is going to be at the Creation convention in Los Angeles this November! Now all they have to do is book Joe! *faints in bliss*
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, so much for staying away.

*inserts self promotion here*

I don't know if you were around when I wrote this, but "Decaf on the Balcony" was a missing scene I wrote that happened right after "The Real World", and just before "Common Ground". Just a little convo that John and Elizabeth had. On the balcony. In the dark.

Oh damn, wouldn't that be fun? And live in fear, the fourth and final segment of "The Politics of Marriage" is online!
                    Spoiler:
                    Back to Atalan, where wedding plans are underway, and Elizabeth poses an important question to the College of Lords.
                    Now begins the wait for the next fic!
                    *shrieks and runs to open*

I know! Bad enough that they threw Elizabeth under the bus in such an atrocious manner, but then they threw Carter under the bus with equally bad writing. Ugh, what a waste of two great characters!
                    SGA portrayed Sam totally wrong. If only Jack had been there ... *starts drifting OT*

Hmm, what site did you use? Maybe we should make a game out of making Sparky Mad Libs...
                    Totally. I know of one called http://www.madglibs.com/. There's some good ones on there, a few from movies and different sources too.

*copies and pastes everyone's responses into a seekrit file of epic planning* Many thanks, everyone! Your responses will be very useful, methinks. Anyone who hasn't weighed in yet, keep those answers coming!

Actually, I have to agree with this. And we find Elizabeth's actions in CG paralleled by John's actions in "Adrift" and "Lifeline." He flat out tells Rodney in "Adrift" that turning the nanites back on is not what Elizabeth would have wanted, and he respects her wishes in "Lifeline" by obeying her order to leave her behind and get the hell off Asuras and back to Atlantis with the ZPM to save the rest of their people.

Indeed. And going back to the point I made earlier about that parallel to "Adrift"/"Lifeline," we saw throughout Seasons 4 and 5 how John continued to be haunted by the decision to leave Elizabeth behind on Asuras.
                    That scene in "Adrift", right after they reactivate the nanites, still haunts me because John's and Elizabeth's words are literally identical. That convinced me that they had a discussion about the possibility of it happening, and logically John would be her medical proxy ... Ergo, "Decaf on the Balcony" was born.

OMG! Torri Higginson is going to be at the Creation convention in Los Angeles this November! Now all they have to do is book Joe! *faints in bliss*
                    ... So I can stay at your house, right??? Just kidding, I can't even travel an hour away from home without some disaster happening in my life!!! But that would be awesome! I nominate you to be our official con reporter!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Yeah, so much for staying away.
                      *snickers*

*shrieks and runs to open*
                      *braces for the second round of shrieks*

Totally. I know of one called http://www.madglibs.com/. There's some good ones on there, a few from movies and different sources too.
                      *bookmarks for future reference*

Ah, I think you must've missed the questions in my previous post...

That scene in "Adrift", right after they reactivate the nanites, still haunts me because John's and Elizabeth's words are literally identical. That convinced me that they had a discussion about the possibility of it happening, and logically John would be her medical proxy ... Ergo, "Decaf on the Balcony" was born.
                      And an awesome fic it is, too!

... So I can stay at your house, right??? Just kidding, I can't even travel an hour away from home without some disaster happening in my life!!! But that would be awesome! I nominate you to be our official con reporter!!!
                      Heh, I've been the thread's official LA con reporter for the past couple of years. Now all they have to do is announce that Joe will also be there to make it SparkyCon 2011, and I'll so be getting a Gold pass.

Comment

*reaches in can of worms and brings out a squirmy handful* There has been a lot of discussion on this very topic. I feel that John understood and approved of every decision Elizabeth made in CG. He even shouted out orders to her at one point. Remember that in a situation like this he was in charge not her. It almost killed her but she did what he asked. And, as others have said, there is a rare bit of continuity in Adrift and Lifeline that shows us John and Elizabeth were in perfect harmony on this subject.

They must have talked it over and told Carson/Keller at some point that they would make medical decisions for each other because Keller defers to John and treats him like the next of kin.

But he couldn't protect her the one time when it counted the most. Being someone who easily disobeyed orders if it didn't suit him, it must have been doubly agonizing for John to have to make the decisions he made in Adrift and Lifeline.

OMG! *flails* Why Lord, why? We're supposed to go to Florida that next week. I don't know how I could do both. But if Joe is going to be there on the same day, I will damn well figure out how. He's done that con for the last few years. Odds are good he'll be there. *flails more*
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Joe and Torri at the same convention will be good. *keep fingers crossed*
                          And it's great to see Torri with other SGA actors. I missed her with them. Is it clear?lol
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Day 28: Favorite enemy
                            Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                            Day 30: One thing you would change
                            Day 31: How it should have ended

A) The day they decided it was a good idea to introduce an old SG1 enemy into SGA - the replicators disguised as Asurans. No matter what name they will always be replicators.

B) Rehashing SG1 plotlines and not even trying to deny that they are doing it (i.e. Doppelganger and the crystal)

C) The switch in showrunners.

D) Erasing characters from existence by killing them and/or making them mysteriously disappear without ever being mentioned again like they simply didn't exist in the first place.

E) Admitting that writing for McKay is so much easier so the rest of the characters end up being neglected.

F) The complete ineptitude to write for female characters on a whole.

G) The existence of season 4 and 5 as we know it.

Day 27: Funniest screen cap

This one makes me giggle every time:

Spoiler:

Ronon snoring away in the back...

...but of course, revenge is sweet!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Day 27: Funniest Screen Cap

John is so cute and proud of himself here and Elizabeth is so proud of "her team". Yet, she spends most of her time flirting with John. It's just so Sparky. And I can't help but remember JF's story about how power bars have a lot of fiber. ROTFLMAO!

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*reaches in can of worms and brings out a squirmy handful* There has been a lot of discussion on this very topic. I feel that John understood and approved of every decision Elizabeth made in CG. He even shouted out orders to her at one point. Remember that in a situation like this he was in charge not her. It almost killed her but she did what he asked. And, as others have said, there is a rare bit of continuity in Adrift and Lifeline that shows us John and Elizabeth were in perfect harmony on this subject.

They must have talked it over and told Carson/Keller at some point that they would make medical decisions for each other because Keller defers to John and treats him like the next of kin.

But he couldn't protect her the one time when it counted the most. Being someone who easily disobeyed orders if it didn't suit him, it must have been doubly agonizing for John to have to make the decisions he made in Adrift and Lifeline.
                                I still get a shiver when I think about how some non-shippers actually described John's reactions in Adrift/Lifeline as being those of a widower. They got it, why couldn't TPTW? Epic. Fail.

OMG! *flails* Why Lord, why? We're supposed to go to Florida that next week. I don't know how I could do both. But if Joe is going to be there on the same day, I will damn well figure out how. He's done that con for the last few years. Odds are good he'll be there. *flails more*
                                I'm watching the Creation site like a hawk. And as the regulars over on the LAX 2011 con thread start checking in, it looks like everyone's delighted to see her in the lineup this year and would love to see Joe and Torri on stage together.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                Joe and Torri at the same convention will be good. *keep fingers crossed*
                                And it's great to see Torri with other SGA actors. I missed her with them. Is it clear?lol
                                It's clear, all right! C'mon, Creation! Book Joe!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Day 27: Funniest screen cap

This one makes me giggle every time:

Spoiler:
                                http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...echoes0043.jpg
                                Ronon snoring away in the back...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18..._echoes000.jpg
                                ...but of course, revenge is sweet!
                                LOL! Best Teyla/Ronon scene EVER!

Day 27: Funniest Screen Cap

John is so cute and proud of himself here and Elizabeth is so proud of "her team". Yet, she spends most of her time flirting with John. It's just so Sparky. And I can't help but remember JF's story about how power bars have a lot of fiber. ROTFLMAO!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tl_209_045.jpg
                                *cackles* OMG, that scene was so cute!

Comment

Working...
                                X