No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! Yes, I'm up early today. Me no likey.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    HEY LIZ! YOU WANT TO PUNISH JOHN FOR HIS WICKED WAYS.......speaking of which...

*needs to finish that smut fic she gets too distrcted to finish*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Good morning Sparky nation. Well we finally got our "big" snow last night. Four inches here but more all around the area. The guy next door bought a huge snowblower and all the men are outside playing with it like kids with a shiny new toy. *snort* And for that we get clear driveways. LOL
    Now why do I suddenly have a craving to read some 'boys with their toys' fic featuring John and with Elizabeth teasing that she's dating a 12-year-old?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! Yes, I'm up early today. Me no likey.

Now why do I suddenly have a craving to read some 'boys with their toys' fic featuring John and with Elizabeth teasing that she's dating a 12-year-old?
      I don't know. I can't imagine. Mr. SR came in and reported that the neighbor said the other guys could borrow the new toy anytime. \0/ They tickle me to death. But good news, they found our newspaper buried. Wouldn't want to miss my Washington Post. *nudges JF*
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I don't know. I can't imagine. Mr. SR came in and reported that the neighbor said the other guys could borrow the new toy anytime. \0/ They tickle me to death. But good news, they found our newspaper buried. Wouldn't want to miss my Washington Post. *nudges JF*
        Heeheehee! *tries to picture John, Ronon, Rodney, Radek, Lorne and Chuck testing out a snowblower on one of Atlantis's piers and starts giggling*

I imagine everyone on Atlantis appreciates being able to get newspapers, even if they are a little out of date. *pokes John and Elizabeth*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Hey, hope everybody's having a good night!

I have some RL stuff that I hafta take care of, get life back in balance before I begin the Sparky 12 Step Program LOL ... so I'm probably gonna be gone for a few days. Offline, I'm still working on my fics but I've started spending sooooooo much time on here that essential errands and work is falling behind.a)
          Glad to see you scratched it off. Personally, I could see a 12 step program for all the world to introduce them to the joy of Sparky. My mama always said I had to share

Heeheehee! *tries to picture John, Ronon, Rodney, Radek, Lorne and Chuck testing out a snowblower on one of Atlantis's piers and starts giggling*
          Ahh, the mental image on my mind is priceless! That would be a great fic!

Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY momentWow, I think my top ones are already out there. Beyond the obvious Elizabeth boo-boos from the PTB, I never liked the fact that Travelers aired only two epps after Lifeline. I'm sure you all you sparky fans understand why.

Ya know what, I might change my worst quote vote to this:
          LARRIN (to Sheppard): Don't underestimate yourself. There's all kinds of useful things you could do for me.

And: Nominate a new cateogory: Worst kissJohn/Larrin.

Hmmm...that Traveler's epp has me a bit grouchy now. I'd better go get another cup of joe...
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

A Crossover fic inspired graphic for you all:

“There are two woman Colonel John Sheppard has loved in his lifetime. Both women are strong and powerful, corageous and brave, and both care for him deeply, but there is a difference, one fits with him like a key in a lock and has a pure soul, yet her own fears cage her from staying with him. The other also fits as well as the first one, but is known to be toxic, manipulative, and I don’t have to explain who is who because I bet you can put two and two together.”-Thomas More to Rodney McKay (On The Edge of Another World)

Seems like we got another Sparky Shipper in our midsts....a historically smart brilliant one for that matter
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              Glad to see you scratched it off. Personally, I could see a 12 step program for all the world to introduce them to the joy of Sparky. My mama always said I had to share
              I agree! Why can't we share Sparky with the world?

Ahh, the mental image on my mind is priceless! That would be a great fic!
              *cackles* Yes, it would!

Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY momentWow, I think my top ones are already out there. Beyond the obvious Elizabeth boo-boos from the PTB, I never liked the fact that Travelers aired only two epps after Lifeline. I'm sure you all you sparky fans understand why.

Ya know what, I might change my worst quote vote to this:
              LARRIN (to Sheppard): Don't underestimate yourself. There's all kinds of useful things you could do for me.

And: Nominate a new cateogory: Worst kissJohn/Larrin.

Hmmm...that Traveler's epp has me a bit grouchy now. I'd better go get another cup of joe...
              Ugh, Larrin. Depending on my mood, I swing from merely disliking her to wanting to shove her out the nearest airlock. She's just so mean!

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...93xfo1_500.png

“There are two woman Colonel John Sheppard has loved in his lifetime. Both women are strong and powerful, corageous and brave, and both care for him deeply, but there is a difference, one fits with him like a key in a lock and has a pure soul, yet her own fears cage her from staying with him. The other also fits as well as the first one, but is known to be toxic, manipulative, and I don’t have to explain who is who because I bet you can put two and two together.”-Thomas More to Rodney McKay (On The Edge of Another World)

Seems like we got another Sparky Shipper in our midsts....a historically smart brilliant one for that matter
              Spoiler:
              Sounds like Thomas needs to use that brain of his and go shove Anne off a cliff and lock Elizabeth and John in a room until they get their heads and hearts straightened out.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Sounds like Thomas needs to use that brain of his and go shove Anne off a cliff and lock Elizabeth and John in a room until they get their heads and hearts straightened out.
                Spoiler:
                Believe me he tries....but it seems poor ol' Johnny turns into a Henry VIII except he doesn't get fat and have six wives and kill people (except for Kolya) and doesnt listen. I am planning to have Thomas Scream at Liz at some point
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                  thank you to everyone, I'm really looking for something even deeper, if I can find the right pics And yes it is totally snurchable even though I spelt 'neither' wrongly

here it is again for anyone who wants to take it for your own

Spoiler:
                  Love this! Beautiful!

Spoiler:

Nice pic!

And I am LOOOVVVIIIINNNGGG! all these screen caps. That should become a weekly tradition. Great finds everyone.

Here's mine:

Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                  It can't be the funniest, there is just too much material to sort through. But this one tickled my funny bone.

Spoiler:

And finally, going to figure out what I'm supposed to do with all these pics so they don't always look like little thumbnails. *Blushing furiously as I run away* Pics are just too fun to play with!
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Believe me he tries....but it seems poor ol' Johnny turns into a Henry VIII except he doesn't get fat and have six wives and kill people (except for Kolya) and doesnt listen. I am planning to have Thomas Scream at Liz at some point
                    Doesn't sound like the real John Sheppard to me.

And I am LOOOVVVIIIINNNGGG! all these screen caps. That should become a weekly tradition. Great finds everyone.

Here's mine:

Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                    It can't be the funniest, there is just too much material to sort through. But this one tickled my funny bone.

Spoiler:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]29044[/ATTACH]

And finally, going to figure out what I'm supposed to do with all these pics so they don't always look like little thumbnails. *Blushing furiously as I run away* Pics are just too fun to play with!
                    *snickers* That shot of him in "Epiphany" chewing on a piece of straw, is just too adorkable.

As for why the pics look like little thumbnails, not sure why that would be happening; maybe it's over the attachment feature's maximum limit? Most of us use an online picture album service like Photobucket or Picasa and just insert the images.

Comment

I think if you use the attachment feature, the pics come out little. *goes to test*

Yep.

carry3.jpg
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        Eeek, I forgot something in my last catch-up post.

Congrats on the 20,000 posts, General Falcon Horus!
                        Thank you.

Yes, congrats as well, FH!!! I've been here over two years, and I'm not even to 800, even though I'm a Gate-aholic as well ... But soon.
                        Patience, young padawan, patience....

That reminds me, I know one member who hit Ancient and immediately changed their Location to: A higher plane of existence. They went all out! It was entertaining!

Cadman likes to kiss, doesn't she??? LOL
                        Doesn't even care she's in another body either.

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                        I second that Faile' big congrats on 20,0000, wonderful
                        There's a few zero's too many, but thanks.

Will continue the meme tomorrow... feel sleepy now.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Here's a question to ponder (for a fandom-related project): What colors do you associate with each of the SGA characters? Both in terms of their personality, and what actually looks good on them?

Red (and pink) for Elizabeth, black for John, and blue for Rodney are pretty obvious, and I'm unable to get away from purple for Teyla after she wore the same purple top all throughout Season 1 (plus her sparring outfit with the swirly skirts had purple in it as well). But what about the others? One could just continue to go with the predominant color in their uniforms, which would give yellow to Carson and Jennifer (which I don't mind all that much, as I see them as both having rather sunny personalities), green to Chuck, and more blue to Radek. Black for Lorne? I almost see him as more of a navy blue, myself, and the same goes for Caldwell. Maybe gray for Ford? What about Ronon? Brown, ivory or gray? And Woolsey? Haven't got a clue for him.

What do all of you think?

Comment

And now, my revenge...
                            Spoiler:
                            I responded to Mel's post and she mentioned that the next story "has lots of development on several fronts and even introduces new characters." (New characters, yay! I'm still hoping for Ronon. ) Apparently, it's also going to clock in at around 7-8 parts, which is the longest any of the Ren stories have run. This is gonna be good.
                            Spoiler:
                            7-8 parts! Awesome! Ronon would be a great addition. He could be from the faraway land of Sateda which was just attacked by the Wraith. And he could hook up with Teyla to kick Wraith ass.

Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                            I'll go with the change in show runners from Season 3 to Season 4. All the bad things may not have been ALL their fault, but I do think they screwed up most things. I recently completed my DVD collection, and there's a whole thing on the Season 4 discs about Carter and how wonderful she is. Why did I watch it... I only made myself angry.

Comment

As for why the pics look like little thumbnails, not sure why that would be happening; maybe it's over the attachment feature's maximum limit? Most of us use an online picture album service like Photobucket or Picasa and just insert the images.
                              I think if you use the attachment feature, the pics come out little. *goes to test*

Yep.
                              Thank you!

Spoiler:
                              http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...ittlesilly.jpg
                              I was feeling a little silly for not having figured it out already!

And....here comes the ugly. This is what happens when sparky fans get bored and are pointing water pistols at those pesky plot bunnies (they are a little scary!)

Mad Libs- I had no idea there were so many online sites with these things. I may never be productive again!

Spoiler:
                              This one was titled The Love Letter
                              Dear Elizabeth,
                              It has come to my eyes that you are the hottest girl/boy in the body. My neck starts kissing a mouth every time you speak. I would like to grope if you want to go to the harvest festival with me next Friday. If you talk please meet me at the balcony in night. I walk you and everything about you.

slowly,
                              John

I'm sad....I know
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's a question to ponder (for a fandom-related project): What colors do you associate with each of the SGA characters? Both in terms of their personality, and what actually looks good on them?

Red (and pink) for Elizabeth, black for John, and blue for Rodney are pretty obvious, and I'm unable to get away from purple for Teyla after she wore the same purple top all throughout Season 1 (plus her sparring outfit with the swirly skirts had purple in it as well). But what about the others? One could just continue to go with the predominant color in their uniforms, which would give yellow to Carson and Jennifer (which I don't mind all that much, as I see them as both having rather sunny personalities), green to Chuck, and more blue to Radek. Black for Lorne? I almost see him as more of a navy blue, myself, and the same goes for Caldwell. Maybe gray for Ford? What about Ronon? Brown, ivory or gray? And Woolsey? Haven't got a clue for him.

What do all of you think?
                                I'd say brown for Ronon because he is such an earthy character. Lorne has to be black like John because I see him as a backup John. Caldwell I don't really have a good grasp of. He's military but not in the sense of John and Lorne. Maybe that green color of his jumpsuit. Ford I see also as black for the military or Marine green. Woolsey is the navy blue one for the suits I think.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                7-8 parts! Awesome! Ronon would be a great addition. He could be from the faraway land of Sateda which was just attacked by the Wraith. And he could hook up with Teyla to kick Wraith ass.

Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                                I'll go with the change in show runners from Season 3 to Season 4. All the bad things may not have been ALL their fault, but I do think they screwed up most things. I recently completed my DVD collection, and there's a whole thing on the Season 4 discs about Carter and how wonderful she is. Why did I watch it... I only made myself angry.
                                Boy do I agree with that. And it wasn't even the real Carter but some paler imitation of Elizabeth. Failwritersfail.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X